The Downfall of English Football

Football has been dying a slow death here in England since sky and the premier league came along. National team slowly got worse, very few great english players, we have oyur worst national team in years and cant see an end to that anytime soon.

Our teams are full of mercenaries who are here purely for cash and our teams are ownd by wealthy playboys who are here for fun and will be the very ruin of the clubs they own.

I agree to a point. I find it astounding that Uefa have the bare faced cheek to propose financial fair play after they (along with Sky and the premier league) ruined any kind of financial fair play by showering the most marketable teams with untold riches the rest of the clubs could only dream of. In affect they assured that only an elite few would ever compete at the top level and that suited them just fine.

Arsenal fans will tell you they are the model of a well run club. But they are coming from a privilaged positon to begin with. Do you think Clubs like Newcastle, Stoke, Everton etc could have secured the signings of Vieira, Ljungberg, Pires, Henry, Fabrigas etc... Ofcourse not, Because Arsenal like United, Liverpool are one of the choisen few that Uefa jizzed over for decades.

The rest of us were left to rot for years. No chance to compete.

If a very sucessfull businessmen decides to buy a football club clearing all it's debts in the process, then he pumps millions into the club to allow them to challange at the highest level (the only way for one of the "none chosen" clubs to compete against the mega clubs these days). Is it right that there is outrage and Uefa decides to bring in rules against this? Shouldn't that businessman be able to use his OWN MONEY on whatever the **** he wants?

What Uefa have been doing with clubs like Barca, United, Milan etc for decades is what is REALLY wrong. The fact that it takes a super rich Sheikh or a Russian billionaire to allow other clubs to compete is entirley their own fault. Fans of the traditional mega clubs will blindly tell you the FFP rulings are a great idea. Well they would have been 20 years ago. Now it is simply the old guard wanting to protect the status quo... And it's pathetic.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, most of the debt came from Man Utd, and the debt is a result of the Glazer's takeover. As bad as it seems, the debt is still sustainable so I don't think things are as bad as they seems on the surface.

And at least EPL is not like another league actually has both of their top teams in good financial condition due to getting a massive portion of the TV revenue while the other smaller clubs gets way lesser than them, resulting in a league that are mostly won by the two teams. With most of the other clubs in weaker financial situation, I doubt they could get into any much debt as they couldn't borrow that much in the first place... Not talking about SPL btw.

Didn't even know there was a downfall of English football? oO)

The only reason Tott****m aren't in debt is because they got loads of money from CL and becuase no one wants to go their i mean, Redknapp was ready to make obscene bids for spanish strikers but they turned down tottenham because they dont feel its a good enough club. (Not just saying this cause im an Arsenal fan.) But you look at Liverpool who are challenging to finsh 5th-7th but because they had a few good runs (i include their emmence dominating period) everyone still wants to join them, its not just about money (except for Man ******) but about reputation. Liverpool's reputation will go down due to them not challenging to get a place in CL.

The only reason Tott****m aren't in debt is because they got loads of money from CL and becuase no one wants to go their i mean, Redknapp was ready to make obscene bids for spanish strikers but they turned down tottenham because they dont feel its a good enough club. (Not just saying this cause im an Arsenal fan.) But you look at Liverpool who are challenging to finsh 5th-7th but because they had a few good runs (i include their emmence dominating period) everyone still wants to join them, its not just about money (except for Man ******) but about reputation. Liverpool's reputation will go down due to them not challenging to get a place in CL.

Did you really just say "Man ******"? What are you, 16 or something XD

you're not one to talk to be honest so lets stick to the topic

Last edited:
you're not one to talk to be honest

When do i ever spout silly little nicknames. I just tell people how it is Michael. Most people don't like that but i won't pull my punches for anyone. Infractions be damned.

People talk ****, I tell the truth, People don't like it... Aaah well.

When do i ever spout silly little nicknames. I just tell people how it is Michael. Most people don't like that but i won't pull my punches for anyone. Infractions be damned.

People talk ****, I tell the truth, People don't like it... Aaah well.
thats a pretty poor attitude to be honest, particularly considering the kind of insults you 've thrown around.

thats a pretty poor attitude to be honest, particularly considering the kind of insults you 've thrown around.

Like i say mate some people spout infuriating bollocks and are simply asking for it. But as you rightly say let's try and stay on topic.

The English game has been dying a spectacular death since the creation of the premier leage. Since Uefa, The premier league and Sky decided to fund the chosen few. That's what brought us to where we are now.

It's very easy for fans of these clubs to shake their heads at the situation and applaud brave Ueafas bold decissions. Easy but painfully hypocritical. Their clubs reputations are assured. Their trophie cabinets full. It will be no problem for them to attract the best players because of that no matter what sanctions are brought in. Uefa know this and hope to kick the unfasionable clubs back to the curb where they believe they belong. It's disgusting and it's a **** shame you lot are buying into it.

Like i say mate some people spout infuriating bollocks and are simply asking for it. But as you rightly say let's try and stay on topic.

The English game has been dying a spectacular death since the creation of the premier leage. Since Uefa, The premier league and Sky decided to fund the chosen few. That's what brought us to where we are now.

It's very easy for fans of these clubs to shake their heads at the situation and applaud brave Ueafas bold decissions. Easy but painfully hypocritical. Their clubs reputations are assured. Their trophie cabinets full. It will be no problem for them to attract the best players because of that no matter what sanctions are brought in. Uefa know this and hope to kick the unfasionable clubs back to the curb where they believe they belong. It's disgusting and it's a **** shame you lot are buying into it.
Stop being so sanctimonius by saying we're buying into it, as if only you can be right on this. The FFPs arent a magic bullet but they are needed, and in truth they were needed 15 years ago

For people like Blakefish and others who think the FFP rules are suddenly gonna make teams like City & Tottenham win the league you have got the wrong impression.
In fact if City keep doing what they do City will fall foul of those rules.
In fact United don't have to worry about it as we dont spend more than we earn whereas I know a nearby club that does.. ehh ehhm

For people like Blakefish and others who think the FFP rules are suddenly gonna make teams like City & Tottenham win the league you have got the wrong impression.
In fact if City keep doing what they do City will fall foul of those rules.
In fact United don't have to worry about it as we dont spend more than we earn whereas I know a nearby club that does.. ehh ehhm

I don't think you have read my post correctly Rafa. I said the complete opposite from what you accuse me of. I said the FFP rules are intended to stop the likes of City and Chelsea from being able to compete with Uefas Cerry picked chosen clubs. No more, No less.

Mike if these rules were implimented 15 years ago we still wouldn't be on a level playing field. You would have to go back to the founding of the Premier league and Champions League and stop Uefa from rewarding clubs who did well in those competitions with the sums of money which enabled them to pull up the drawbridge from their competitors. You would also have to go back and stop Sky from giving the lions share of TV money to the "most marketable" teams.

It just seems some people think things were all rosey when Uefa & Sky were hand picking who is to be their mega clubs. But when a legitimate business man decides to invest in a club and allow them to compete that's all of a sudden wrong???

Can you not see how unfair that is Mike?

I don't think you have read my post correctly Rafa. I said the complete opposite from what you accuse me of. I said the FFP rules are intended to stop the likes of City and Chelsea from being able to compete with Uefas Cerry picked chosen clubs. No more, No less.

Mike if these rules were implimented 15 years ago we still wouldn't be on a level playing field. You would have to go back to the founding of the Premier league and Champions League and stop Uefa from rewarding clubs who did well in those competitions with the sums of money which enabled them to pull up the drawbridge from their competitors. You would also have to go back and stop Sky from giving the lions share of TV money to the "most marketable" teams.

It just seems some people think things were all rosey when Uefa & Sky were hand picking who is to be their mega clubs. But when a legitimate business man decides to invest in a club and allow them to compete that's all of a sudden wrong???

But these teams had the history and what not for UEFA & Sky to back them.....had City had the history when the dawn of the PL came City would be the same as United.

But these teams had the history and what not for UEFA & Sky to back them.....had City had the history when the dawn of the PL came City would be the same as United.

What do you know of History Rafa. You're 13. City have a rich history as do many English clubs.

What do you know of History Rafa. You're 13. City have a rich history as do many English clubs.

Yes I know but I mean in a sense of achievements...

Also just coz I'm 13 doesn't make me a dumb **** who knows nothing.

Yes I know but I mean in a sense of achievements...

Also just coz I'm 13 doesn't make me a dumb **** who knows nothing.

I never said you were dumb kid. Just to have a sense of history you have to have lived a bit first. City have no history is nonesense spouted by fools and you are young enough to blindly believe it.

However what you are saying is it was OK for Uefa and Sky to fund 2 decades of domination by a handfull of chosen clubs because of there past achievments... Correct? Well i'm sorry kid but that's just not on. What about the rest of us? We had no chance. Now we do and some corrupt officals want to stop it. Now that's just as wrong.

again you have this idea its aimed just at city, when its not, stop talking about city or any specific club. There will never be perfect parity in football, there never has been. What we are talking about now is football in general being at risk. Some club will always be more "marketable" than others, even before the advent of the premier league. Football has been walking the tightrope for too long, enough clubs have already suffered.

I never said you were dumb kid. Just to have a sense of history you have to have lived a bit first. City have no history is nonesense spouted by fools and you are young enough to blindly believe it.

However what you are saying is it was OK for Uefa and Sky to fund 2 decades of domination by a handfull of chosen clubs because of there past achievments... Correct? Well i'm sorry kid but that's just not on. What about the rest of us? We had no chance. Now we do and some corrupt officals want to stop it. Now that's just as wrong.

What do you mean you had no chance..... you're saying the dawn of the PL was the major bad point.... The other clubs could of won before then... same way United & Liverpool did.

Jesus your like City's CJACKO11... but soo completely more biased

Last edited:

To summarise yes, yes I am sixteen. Not my fault i was born in August.. (I am in sixth form studying to become a physiotherapist)
but Manchester City are the only team i absolutely despise, their players are money grabbing W****s and their chairman is a ignorant servile scum who throws his money around like its 'candy' (excuse my use of an american word I feel it fits better). He is a immensely rich man with a poor attitude (Bit of an Oxymoron..) who doesn't even support the club he just wants an excuse to get rid of his money and take his 13 wives out somewhere nice (I personally would not go to manchester for a rommantic day out)

There will be a loophole in it somewhere along the line and I think I may have found it already.

I'll take Man City for this explanation. They have "made" 7m over the course of the season and are looking at signing a player but can't do so till they meet a 27m price tag so on the tin it says they are 20m short.

Now Mr Sheik says I'll do a bank transfer from mine to City's of 25m making City's income of the year 32m meaning they can now afford to pay the 27m price tag for the player in question.

It'll go through the banks instead of straight out of the owners pockets