The Downfall of English Football

Souty

Reaction score
I have decided to change this as it was a lot of nonsense so I'll break it down.

England Spent loads of money as we know during the transfer window their.(some obscene ones such as Carroll and Torres)
If they carry on like this it could lead to further debt's
In October 2010 It was announced that England had 54% of European football's debt
The results of what they are doing will take their toll in around 10years or more
With the FIFA Fair Play rule it means a club can't spend more than it makes in a year
If a team break's the rule they are disqualified from a European competition if they are in one if not I don't know
The Barclay's Premier League is around £1billion in debt

The only top flight English club's that fit into this are Arsenal and Tottenham it was said on ITV news
Football will be ruined if thing's carry on as they are.

What do you think???
Hopefully this is easier to understand:) If something need's more info tell me and I'll post it in.

Last edited:
point of this thread???? got alot of time on ur hands mate?

Whats bad about that. It's what makes Premiership stand out from the rest of the world clubs willing to pay anything to win makes it more interesting.

Just to mention that Man Utd are not in 1.1BN debt. Its about 550M and that 1.1BN was including all the shopping malls the glazers have. If over spending does ruin english football then Chelsea are the main culprits for starting it all off.

The premierleague sides can spend more money because they generate more revinue simple as that. Its the most exciting and most watched league in the world and i see no problem with the spending any side does.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

^^ That is me falling asleep reading your thread.

The premierleague sides can spend more money because they generate more revinue simple as that. Its the most exciting and most watched league in the world and i see no problem with the spending any side does.

I wouldn't actually say the PL is the most entertaining league in the world, due to the fact it's always the same kind of teams near the top, although this has slightly changed in recent times. I would agree it is the league with the highest quality but not the most entertaining. Championship is more entertaining since it's such an open league where anyone can beat anyone. Just see that all 3 promoted clubs are in the top 10 in the league!

Just to mention that Man Utd are not in 1.1BN debt. Its about 550M and that 1.1BN was including all the shopping malls the glazers have. If over spending does ruin english football then Chelsea are the main culprits for starting it all off.

Chelsea started a continus trend (more than one or two a season). Defend £30 million for Rio?

Chelsea started a continus trend (more than one or two a season). Defend £30 million for Rio?
it was money that manchester united could afford to spend. prior to the glazers leveraged takeover united had no debt

Defend 30M for Ferdinand? How about that the money came from winning trophies not some Russian sugar daddy.

To be honest a lot of what the OP says is skewed without any balance and some of it is also just wrong

I wouldn't actually say the PL is the most entertaining league in the world, due to the fact it's always the same kind of teams near the top, although this has slightly changed in recent times. I would agree it is the league with the highest quality but not the most entertaining. Championship is more entertaining since it's such an open league where anyone can beat anyone. Just see that all 3 promoted clubs are in the top 10 in the league!

The PL is the most watched league in the world and thats because its the most entertaining. People go to great lenghs in countrys to watch games in the PL.

Man City are also in the same category with their chairman paying off the debt last year but I'm sure he'll want money back after the amount he has plunged into the club.

First of all. The Manchester City owner Sheikh mansour didin't buy City to make profit. He doesn't give a **** if they lose 100m every year because that guy makes alot more every year than City lose. He doesn't need the money he have spent back. What he is doing now is that he is getting City to meet the Financial fair play rule. As long as City meets the rules..he is fine.

I dont know about the other clubs...but im sure they will meet them aswell.
Just to make you a bit wiser ;)

Last edited:
the German league has to be the most entertaining imo. also attracts the biggest crowds, and the most expensive league ticket is 19 pound!!!

I'm pretty sure that the Man City owner isn't bothered about recouperating money. He just wants them to be the biggest team in the world, and will keep spending until they are. When the Glaziers leave, it will not force United to sell, but will alleviate some of the debt - hence the fans wanting them out!

The fact is though, there has been serious overspending this Jan, and it is all the fault of Torres and Chelsea. Liverpool were forced to find a quality replacement in a very short space of time, so overspending on Carroll could be expected

The PL is the most watched league in the world and thats because its the most entertaining. People go to great lenghs in countrys to watch games in the PL.

To be honest I go to great lengths to avoid PL football...

The downfall of Scottish football, wait when was it good???

Who cares?

The clubs are willing to spend over the odds and there are always going to be shock transfers, UEFA have only intervened with the 'only spend what you generate over 3 years' ruling because they hate the fact that english football, barring the national team, is the greatest league in the world.

Doubt souty would be complaining if the FA allowed them to join the premiership. Especially after the big scottish transfer was Diouf. The only nice thing i can say about him is that he is an utter C***

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

To be honest I go to great lengths to avoid PL football...

So do Ipswich apparantley XD