The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Heard a rumour you might be signing Ryo Miyaichi from us this summer. Was alledgedly seen at Goodison and Martinez liked him when he was at Wigan.

Heard a rumour you might be signing Ryo Miyaichi from us this summer. Was alledgedly seen at Goodison and Martinez liked him when he was at Wigan.

Pretty much a direct replacement for the kid from Barca.

Pretty much a direct replacement for the kid from Barca.

Quite a low more raw as a player, but I doubt Everton are paying much and if he can realise his potential could still become quality.

Urgh. We've lost Mirallas for the remaining games to a groin injury. Major blow-he's been great this season.

Martinez linked with Barcelona hot seat it's emerging. As expected he's staying quiet on this one

Also going to be without Jagielka and Distin for the match against Southampton. Late season injuries. Gotta love 'em :/

Last edited:
Martinez linked with Barcelona hot seat it's emerging. As expected he's staying quiet on this one

1397150140463.gif

post-6333-0-11785700-1397318472.gif

laughing.gif

Roberto Martinez is staying quiet on talk linking him with Barcelona and tipped Gerard Deulofeu to become world class.The Everton boss has been linked with the Nou Camp hotseat in England and Spain as doubts continue to surround the long-term future of Tata Martino.Martinez, who joined Everton from Wigan last summer, has impressed during his debut season at Goodison Park, with Everton battling for a top-four finish in the Premier League.
The Spaniard has been mentioned as a possible contender to succeed Martino should Barcelona decide to dispense with the Argentine's services after a below-par campaign.However, Martinez insists he has not had time to consider what he would do if Barcelona came calling for him.
"The job of a coach is to always do what is best for his team and I have not given a moment's thought to what I would do," Martinez told Onda Cero.
Meanwhile, Martinez believes on-loan Everton forward Deulofeu has the potential to become one of the best players in the world.Deulofeu has spent the season on loan at Goodison Park and Martinez is a big fan of his fellow Spaniard.
"Everyone that has seen him knows that he has such natural talent and has the ability to undo teams," added Martinez."I am convinced that he will become a world-class player."

Everton boss Roberto Martinez plays down Barcelona speculation over coach's role | Football News | Sky Sports

Roberto Martinez is staying quiet on talk linking him with Barcelona and tipped Gerard Deulofeu to become world class.The Everton boss has been linked with the Nou Camp hotseat in England and Spain as doubts continue to surround the long-term future of Tata Martino.Martinez, who joined Everton from Wigan last summer, has impressed during his debut season at Goodison Park, with Everton battling for a top-four finish in the Premier League.
The Spaniard has been mentioned as a possible contender to succeed Martino should Barcelona decide to dispense with the Argentine's services after a below-par campaign.However, Martinez insists he has not had time to consider what he would do if Barcelona came calling for him.
"The job of a coach is to always do what is best for his team and I have not given a moment's thought to what I would do," Martinez told Onda Cero.
Meanwhile, Martinez believes on-loan Everton forward Deulofeu has the potential to become one of the best players in the world.Deulofeu has spent the season on loan at Goodison Park and Martinez is a big fan of his fellow Spaniard.
"Everyone that has seen him knows that he has such natural talent and has the ability to undo teams," added Martinez."I am convinced that he will become a world-class player."

Everton boss Roberto Martinez plays down Barcelona speculation over coach's role | Football News | Sky Sports

He won't leave. He's done brilliant job in just a year and squad has lots of potential to grow with couple shrewd signings. Read somewhere Luiz Enrique from Celta is the front runner for the job.

He won't leave. He's done brilliant job in just a year and squad has lots of potential to grow with couple shrewd signings. Read somewhere Luiz Enrique from Celta is the front runner for the job.

Aye we'll need him for when we qualify for Europe aswell. But his style would suit Barca to the ground, and his man management skills are second to none. Can definately see him in charge of Barca at some point and doing a great job.

Aye we'll need him for when we qualify for Europe aswell. But his style would suit Barca to the ground, and his man management skills are second to none. Can definately see him in charge of Barca at some point and doing a great job.

Yeah, but I think he should stay with Everton for couple seasons and then maybe take over from Arsene ;)

Being reported that both Arsenal and Chelsea are desperate for John Stones-with Chelsea ready to offer up to ?20. Ain't going to happen. We're in the position now that thanks to increased TV revenue-we are now in a position to reject offers for our players.

Very nice

Being reported that both Arsenal and Chelsea are desperate for John Stones-with Chelsea ready to offer up to ?20. Ain't going to happen. We're in the position now that thanks to increased TV revenue-we are now in a position to reject offers for our players.

Very nice

Don't forget the Coleman to United rumour :P

Very nice

Erm not sure Chelsea will be offering anything close to that at all ... I doubt they are even in for the player

Can't see Stones going to Arsenal, Coleman is the reported replacement for Sagna, but he'd not be a Wenger transfer since he usually doesn't buy high. Perhaps a young CB would be useful, but there is need for someone capable who'd be happy on the bench, and that'd wreck Stones' development.

Can't see Stones going to Arsenal, Coleman is the reported replacement for Sagna, but he'd not be a Wenger transfer since he usually doesn't buy high. Perhaps a young CB would be useful, but there is need for someone capable who'd be happy on the bench, and that'd wreck Stones' development.

Meh Chelsea don't need Stones because they are sorted for CB's but on the other hand Arsenal definitely could do with him, especially if Vermealen leaves.

Very nice

Usual made up stuff, very unlikely that Chelsea would want to pat that much for him. Tomas Kalas, Kenneth Omeruo (full Nigeria international, has faced Suarez, Cavani and Drogba), Zouma and slightly younger than these, Christensen.

There's no way Chelsea would offer that much(considering FFP) when we need to spend on other weak areas.

Very nice

You're never in a position to reject these offers when he's your chairman.

kenwright.jpg

Erm not sure Chelsea will be offering anything close to that at all ... I doubt they are even in for the player

They'd probably like him-like a lot of clubs-but yeah, ?20 mill is pretty far fetched figure imo. but that's top quality journalism for you lol

Jagielka fully fit to face Man City-but Martinez unsure if he'll start him. Not surprised-to jump right in at this sort of match, which involves such pacey players, for 90 minutes is a big ask. And last thing we need is a key player for England being injured.

And as i so rightly predicted, Martinez is going all out for the win against City-even if it helps Liverpool win the title. Not a chance in **** of rolling over when we still have something to play for. People who say otherwise obviously know nothing whatsoever about Everton football club, or our history. I highly recommend reading up on it-it may benefit them. Those people wearing the epic sized tin foil hats should realise that we're not just making up the numbers any more.

Mugs.

Back