The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Fair play, Everton tried in the second half. Alcaraz is *****, and for all the 'bigging up' I was a bit disappointed in Stones. His positioning for their third was way off.

Barkley was great, he's like a false 9 target man

Stones is still raw. He's had some great games when he's played. He's still very young-only 19

yeah, Alcaraz is a shocking footballer though.

Some players defo had an off day-most noticeably Naismith. On his day he can tear some D's a new one. Relieved that Jags made it through though before being subbed

Fair play, Everton tried in the second half. Alcaraz is *****, and for all the 'bigging up' I was a bit disappointed in Stones. His positioning for their third was way off.

Barkley was great, he's like a false 9 target man

Thanks man ... :P

It would appear the attempts to give Stones a new major deal are falling apart. Because of dam agents. don't you just love agents :/

Everton transfer news: John Stones to get a major new deal - Mirror Online

(I don't normally use the Mirror as they're hardly professional "journalists" but this story is apparently legit so using them as a ref)

As expected with any player who Everton bring through the ranks and looks like they've got potential. Kenwright will be made up.

It would appear the attempts to give Stones a new major deal are falling apart. Because of dam agents. don't you just love agents :/

Everton transfer news: John Stones to get a major new deal - Mirror Online

(I don't normally use the Mirror as they're hardly professional "journalists" but this story is apparently legit so using them as a ref)

What's the hurry, his deal expires in 2018 so not sure why he is offered new contract now. Everton holds the card here.

As expected with any player who Everton bring through the ranks and looks like they've got potential. Kenwright will be made up.

He was signed from Barnsley last Jan.

What's the hurry, his deal expires in 2018 so not sure why he is offered new contract now. Everton holds the card here.

He was signed from Barnsley last Jan.

Must've missed that. Thought he was a local lad!

And the only reason I can think of why he's been offered a new contract is that there is genuine interest in him. Who knows who has enquired about him. Or the agent is probably being a ****.

He would have been brought in on very low wage, now he's a first-team player he [or his agent] will probably be pushing for a pay rise, especially if there's interest in him from big clubs, even if it is only paper talk. Makes sense for him and Everton to sign a new deal regardless of how long is left on his current contract.

Twas award night last night and the gleaming stars were:

Seamus Coleman - Player of the Year

Ross Barkley - Young Player of the Year and for "that" goal in our loss to Man City, Goal of the Season.

Nikita Parris - Women's Player of the Year

And here's the Barkley goal against City, just in case anyone missed it (H)

[video=youtube;m94yPKkVvU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m94yPKkVvU8[/video]

*Sorry if you don't speak French-it was the best quality vid*

Always nice to finish on a high. Even sweeter Lukaku scores in his final game in a Blue shirt.

Thankyou Lukaku. You've been a tremondous player for us this season and you'll be sorely missed. Welcome back any time son..

The season as a whole. Brilliant. Great job Roberto. Great job.

Bring forth Europe

Good Season for Everton be good to see the two Merseyside teams back in Europe next Season

It's been great for both sides. I just can't wait for the kickoff for next season. It's going to draaaaaaaag now lol

It's been great for both sides. I just can't wait for the kickoff for next season. It's going to draaaaaaaag now lol

Even with the World Cup? Squad announced tomorrow will be taking the ipad to the lab

everton been great to watch this season Martinez deserves the plaudits he is getting for me be interesting to see how he rebuilds with the 3 loans going back to their club, Barry must have a chance of signing because he is out of contract can see delofeu coming back too seeing as Barcelona have an embarrassment of riches in that position.

Even with the World Cup? Squad announced tomorrow will be taking the ipad to the lab

everton been great to watch this season Martinez deserves the plaudits he is getting for me be interesting to see how he rebuilds with the 3 loans going back to their club, Barry must have a chance of signing because he is out of contract can see delofeu coming back too seeing as Barcelona have an embarrassment of riches in that position.

Half the time watching England is as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist lol.

Don't get me wrong-I'll always watch England. But it's a lot more stressful to watch than watching your club lol

Back