The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
And also a big shout out to Gareth Barry aswell. He really has been outstanding for us all the way through-rock solid. Would love to get him when his contract runs out

Don't get me wrong-I'll always watch England. But it's a lot more stressful to watch than watching your club lol

I know what you mean I accept we are at best a quarter final team, it's more the daily festival of football I am excited for cannot wait to see.

Yeah just seen that on Twitter. Very happy Evertonian right now

Kenwright is already working on getting Lukaku and Barry. Would be awesome if he could do that-they were simply brilliant last season

Barkley boost for Everton: Toffees starlet signs new four-year contract

Also seems like Lukaku's close and hearing also EFC keen on loaning Campbell if he's allowed to go on loan (If AFC sign Douglas Costa most likely).

Lukaku, Barkley, Barry all important deals but as it stands Everton still haven't improved from last season bar the signing of Besic

Lukaku, Barkley, Barry all important deals but as it stands Everton still haven't improved from last season bar the signing of Besic

Gotta consolidate before you improve. A couple more mid-range signings and Everton could be good enough to mount a fifth-place challenge.

I just worry where the other money is coming from - £25mil for Lukaku (if true) is a huge outlay for Everton

Everton's financial position now is a lot healthier than it has been before. For the goals he brings to Everton and his undoubted enormous potential, £25 mil is on the face of it pretty good value and the resale value is high. Could be a calculated risk, and if so it's one worth taking. Who knows, two years on from now Everton could be selling him for £70 million.

I just worry where the other money is coming from - £25mil for Lukaku (if true) is a huge outlay for Everton

We've pretty much benefited from much improved TV deals. Aside from that not sure what's happening behind the scenes. Doubt very much it'll leave us in trouble or anything. BK would never jeapordise the finances after what we've experienced in the past. He knows there's far too much to lose if we went back to that situation again

We've pretty much benefited from much improved TV deals. Aside from that not sure what's happening behind the scenes. Doubt very much it'll leave us in trouble or anything. BK would never jeapordise the finances after what we've experienced in the past. He knows there's far too much to lose if we went back to that situation again

Who do you reckon you need? CB looks pretty solid, with Stones likely beginning to phase out Distin and Jagielka still as solid as ever. Perhaps a new attacking midfielder, or wingers?

Back