The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Who do you reckon you need? CB looks pretty solid, with Stones likely beginning to phase out Distin and Jagielka still as solid as ever. Perhaps a new attacking midfielder, or wingers?

New AM can't hurt imo. In fact we're being linked with Clement Grenier from Lyon. Along with Bayer Leverkusen, Newcastle, Arsenal etc etc etc lol.

But the back looks rock to me right now so definately no worries there

Everton's financial position now is a lot healthier than it has been before. For the goals he brings to Everton and his undoubted enormous potential, £25 mil is on the face of it pretty good value and the resale value is high. Could be a calculated risk, and if so it's one worth taking. Who knows, two years on from now Everton could be selling him for £70 million.

That is true - it is a good signing no doubt about that

We've pretty much benefited from much improved TV deals. Aside from that not sure what's happening behind the scenes. Doubt very much it'll leave us in trouble or anything. BK would never jeapordise the finances after what we've experienced in the past. He knows there's far too much to lose if we went back to that situation again

Oh yeah, Everton especially are club that wouldn't jeopardise themselves for the sake of a big money signing

Good to see Bobby being backed!

That is true - it is a good signing no doubt about that

Oh yeah, Everton especially are club that wouldn't jeopardise themselves for the sake of a big money signing

Good to see Bobby being backed!

******* Merseyside clubs. You're not a real rivalry, you secretly love each other. Won't ever see me pleased Brighton are being backed financially. ;)

Rumored fee is 30 Million Euros which is 24 Million pounds. That's a fantastic business for Everton. Just 21 years old and if he reaches his potential then most big clubs will pay more than double to sign him, if not Everton will have a striker who scored 20 goals every season. It's very hard to find strikers who score goals consistently.

Same squad as last season but minus 28million.

The amount of games you'll have with Europa this season will hit you lot with practically the same squad as last. Also a lot of your senior players are getting on now they won't be able to cope with all these games.

You're going to crash and burn. Muahahaha

3059_135068129530.jpg

Roberto Martinez has told talkSPORT he expects to complete the signing of Chelsea's Christian Atsu tomorrow on season long loan

I thought Atsu was already done? It's dragged on a lot.

I suppose the reason for that is because Martinez has developed an annoying habit of confirming transfers before they even happen ... Rumours were that Atsu wasn't so keen on a loan to Everton due to concerns over playing time but has now changed his mind

I think it was the club that were concerned with his playing time: we wanted the right to withdraw him in Jan if he wasn't getting used enough. Hopefully, Everton have agreed to that now.

FFS an injury already. Barkley could be out for as long as 6 weeks due to training injury. All too familiar story

Not happy about this if it goes through. It's not financially viable. We should look for another WB/AM.

Also being linked with Welbeck

Eto'o scored a goal today. Romelu '£100m striker' Lukaku didn't. Would be hilarious if the old man manages to bench the complete striker. Fingers crossed :P

European football tonight. Been a while.

Though ofc it's typical i'm bedridden with man flu, and I can't afford any medicine (aka alcohol) until I get paid which is tomorrow lol

Back