The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
And as I speak, we're throwing men forward and nearly concede a goal. Why the **** are we throwing people forward? That could have been 2-1. Chill pill lads

I think it's safe to say that this season is rapidly becoming a pile of ****, and now heading out of FA Cup.

This is why I never get hopeful heading into a new year

And now we have penalties. This will be so much fun..............

There is a rumour floating around Oz that lil Timmy Cahill may return to Everton in January, albeit on loan. He's 34. Interested to see what you guys think of that.

As much as I respect Mirallas as a player, under no circumstances, no matter how big a player you are and who you play for, you DO NOT go against team instructions. I have no idea what the **** he was playing at but it was **** well bang out of order. It may have cost a badly needed win.

On the flip side did we deserve to win? No. We played garbage and we are garbage right now. Europe is forgotten as once more we're in a league position battle.

As much as I respect Mirallas as a player, under no circumstances, no matter how big a player you are and who you play for, you DO NOT go against team instructions. I have no idea what the **** he was playing at but it was **** well bang out of order. It may have cost a badly needed win.

On the flip side did we deserve to win? No. We played garbage and we are garbage right now. Europe is forgotten as once more we're in a league position battle.

What did he do?

What did he do?

Decided to take the penalty himself, ignoring other players who were telling him to give the ball to Baines, ignoring the team pen taking roster. Basically being a douche. God knows how Baines stayed so calm though. Instead he just said to him "if you think you can take it and score-go ahead". I suspect there were a lot of words spoken post match

Decided to take the penalty himself, ignoring other players who were telling him to give the ball to Baines, ignoring the team pen taking roster. Basically being a douche. God knows how Baines stayed so calm though. Instead he just said to him "if you think you can take it and score-go ahead". I suspect there were a lot of words spoken post match

Woah, didn't watch the game so will catch it later but if it is nothing ugly like what happened at Swansea between Dyer and Guzman then everything should be fine. It's a common thing to happen, usually happens for free kicks too.

Woah, didn't watch the game so will catch it later but if it is nothing ugly like what happened at Swansea between Dyer and Guzman then everything should be fine. It's a common thing to happen, usually happens for free kicks too.

What you probably won't see are players such as Naismith literally finger pointing and shouting towards Mirallas to give Baines the ball. But he blatantly ignored everyone. Saying that there's probably going to be plenty of clips-it's trending on Twitter right now

What you probably won't see are players such as Naismith literally finger pointing and shouting towards Mirallas to give Baines the ball. But he blatantly ignored everyone. Saying that there's probably going to be plenty of clips-it's trending on Twitter right now

Any chance he will be sold?

Any chance he will be sold?

Hard to say. But he has been plagued lately by hamstring injuries, and the rumour doing the rounds is that Spurs are willing to offer cash and Aaron Lennon for him. But the key thing is that we're not willing to sell him-this month.

Tbh-I never make predictions when it comes to Everton and transfer windows. The Arteta saga still haunts me lol

Today's meh draw today aside, there is something evidently wrong at Goodison. We should NOT be in the league position we are in right now. We have players who are more than able to have us in the top 5 at least. Yes we have injuries right now, but the bottom line is before these injuries-we have been utter, utter ****. And more concerning is the number of injuries from training.

I know the Premier League is tough, but there has lately been a distinct lack of discipline lately-and more concerning lack of fight. We've been giving up the ghost far too easily. Compare us now to last year. If Burnley win their next 2 games (yes they could beat Man Utd-no-one foresaw MK Dons beating them 4-0), and we lose to Chelsea we are only 4 points off relegation zone. Martinez needs to get hold of this situation and get some fight put into these players now. Bottom line is we are not safe at all. I don't buy into this **** of a team being too good or too big to get relegated. A team earns the right to go down regardless of how big they are.

And to be honest we're earning that right. It needs to be sorted and right now.

Today's meh draw today aside, there is something evidently wrong at Goodison. We should NOT be in the league position we are in right now. We have players who are more than able to have us in the top 5 at least. Yes we have injuries right now, but the bottom line is before these injuries-we have been utter, utter ****. And more concerning is the number of injuries from training.

I know the Premier League is tough, but there has lately been a distinct lack of discipline lately-and more concerning lack of fight. We've been giving up the ghost far too easily. Compare us now to last year. If Burnley win their next 2 games (yes they could beat Man Utd-no-one foresaw MK Dons beating them 4-0), and we lose to Chelsea we are only 4 points off relegation zone. Martinez needs to get hold of this situation and get some fight put into these players now. Bottom line is we are not safe at all. I don't buy into this **** of a team being too good or too big to get relegated. A team earns the right to go down regardless of how big they are.

And to be honest we're earning that right. It needs to be sorted and right now.

No one is ever to good to go down, look at my team Leeds nearly 11 years on we still are in one big mess. I do think you will be ok though you seem to be getting clean sheets again with 3 on the bounce in the league. But not really been watching football to closely this year too much work :( what do you think the problem is, is Martinez over complicating things or is he being to stubborn. I'll be honest I didn't expect you to do as well as last year because teams who qualify for europa rarely do.

Back