The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Heard a rumour about that. Knew it would be a Spanish club and not Arsenal.

I'd like to see Arteta go to Athletic Bilbao, if he goes anywhere. Spiritual home of all Basque players.

I'd like to see Arteta go to Athletic Bilbao, if he goes anywhere. Spiritual home of all Basque players.

Pretty much where he said he'd prefer to go to. Be unfair to stop him if he wanted to go back tbh. Sorely missed, but still. He's been a revelation for us since he arrived.

Any one else heard about arsenal and valencia fighting out for arteta for 10 million? If we get an offer I would 100% take it!

Nothing but speculation. Also heard that Bilbao were interested in him. If I were Moyes I wouldnt sell him, quality player

Pretty much where he said he'd prefer to go to. Be unfair to stop him if he wanted to go back tbh. Sorely missed, but still. He's been a revelation for us since he arrived.

I love Arteta, he's one of my favourite players. Any other national team in the world he'd more or less walk in, he's just been unfortunate to be Spanish at a time when Spain are finding quality playmakers in the turnups of their jeans.

Nothing but speculation. Also heard that Bilbao were interested in him. If I were Moyes I wouldnt sell him, quality player

Sadly, Arteta's future is no longer guaranteed by BK, as revealed in press (Howard, Baines, Jags, Fellaini NOT for sale). He's prepared to gamble by letting Arteta, Rodwell, Saha, Beckford, Coleman leave the club if the right offer comes in to raise money.

Hope Arteta, Coleman will stay. Have nothing but respect for Arteta. Very loyal to Everton and always gave more than 100%.

Last edited:
Such a frustrating transfer window.. which will undoubtably prove to be a frustrating season. It pains me to see all these clubs sniffing around players and making deal while we are sat scratching our heads on how to get money.

Davide Santon signing for Newcastle, what a signing! For years we have been crying out for a quality right back and we have long needed back-up for Left back if Baines gets injured. Santon plays both sides, an Italian international with CL experience costing roughly 5m.. and we can't buy him.

If this Lukaku - Stoke talk is real, why the **** aint we in for him. Questions have to be asked if we cannot afford to sign players on loan and if this is the case the board aren't telling us the full story behind the financial situation.

To be honest, our performances this season have been nothing short of dire, and without adding quality we are going to get seriously spanked this season. We are in DEEP trouble this season, we won't get relegated.. but we won't keep our top players come next summer if we don't start showing that we can compete. To add to that misery, there has been more and more indications of late that we are prepared to offload some players, this reiterated by Moyes as he again said he would prepare to sell some with every player having a price-tag.

I tell you all, its tough and hard being an Everton fan. We don't deserve our motto's. 'Nothing But The Best Is Good Enough' and 'The Peoples Club'. Neither have been expressed this season with the fans still in the dark over the clubs future.

On the plus side (the only plus side) we held on to our best players and we still have DM in charge. All we can do now is get behind the club.

Other news-looks like Yobo is staying because of the situation with the match fixing scandle, as is Yakubu. DM has said they still have a part to play in the first team-even though they intend to leave.

Liverpool also showing interest in Seamus Coleman...no. just no.

Last edited:
On the plus side (the only plus side) we held on to our best players and we still have DM in charge. All we can do now is get behind the club.

Other news-looks like Yobo is staying because of the situation with the match fixing scandle, as is Yakubu. DM has said they still have a part to play in the first team-even though they intend to leave.

Liverpool also showing interest in Seamus Coleman...no. just no.

We should never sell a player to Liverpool... NEVER.

Keeping our best players is a big bonus, but even 1 fresh face would have lifted the spirit of the club. Would of brightened things with 1 exciting signing up top.

Seen on SSN that Yakubu snubbed a move to Blackburn. No idea the reason behind it, he's made it clear he wants to leave and Blacburn could give him Prem football.

We should never sell a player to Liverpool... NEVER.

Keeping our best players is a big bonus, but even 1 fresh face would have lifted the spirit of the club. Would of brightened things with 1 exciting signing up top.

Seen on SSN that Yakubu snubbed a move to Blackburn. No idea the reason behind it, he's made it clear he wants to leave and Blacburn could give him Prem football.

Probably wants a club that won't be stuck in the duldrums of lower league mediocraty (no offense Blackburn-but you've looked shoddy at times)-which we're in danger of going soon. He may not like the style of football. Could be anything really

I've heard Yakubu may be just waiting for his contract to expire and leave on a free to some random club who's willing to match his wages, as his contract is due to end on 2012.

That said, I think I got that from The Sun, so...

I've heard Yakubu may be just waiting for his contract to expire and leave on a free to some random club who's willing to match his wages, as his contract is due to end on 2012.

That said, I think I got that from The Sun, so...

Ah. The Sun. *awkaward silence*

We may aswell keep him now tbh. We need every player we can get our hands on at the moment. Never know-he may do the unexpected for us. Like score goals

I honestly don't mind him staying as long as he proves of use. ****, it'll mean we have the amazing amount of three (!) strikers without counting youngsters!

I honestly don't mind him staying as long as he proves of use. ****, it'll mean we have the amazing amount of three (!) strikers without counting youngsters!

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor lol.

All I ask of him as to at least try to do his best. Once Barkley has a rest the goal scoring attempts which are on target will probably dry up. Sad, but potentially true

Hey, at least you're only playing one striker at a time. Unlike Villa with the two man central midfield and three fecking central midfielders...

I thought you had four though. Yakubu, Saha, Beckford and Anichebe? Then you've got that big scary Greek youngster, Vellios, right? Plenty for a one striker formation..

Yakubu was good some time ago for Pompey, and had a good season for Leicester (Albeit in the championship). 11 in 20 is not bad at all. If he scores a few goals (5 would be a decent number considering he's not going to get many games... hopefully) I can forgive him for being a lazy ****.

And I'm off to bed... happily dreaming of our three senior strikers and the upcoming acquisiton of Pedro León.

Yakubu was good some time ago for Pompey, and had a good season for Leicester (Albeit in the championship). 11 in 20 is not bad at all. If he scores a few goals (5 would be a decent number considering he's not going to get many games... hopefully) I can forgive him for being a lazy ****.

And I'm off to bed... happily dreaming of our three senior strikers and the upcoming acquisiton of Pedro León.

And the possible sale of Beckford to Leicester for £4.5 million :(

Back