The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Expect £20 million to be more realistic, which would be a fair price for the next Steven Gerrard.
But I wouldn't expect 30 million tbh. But AVB is expected to offer £20 million. I don't class the mail as reliable tbh

neither do I :D

Sylvain Distin is holding out for a new 2 year contract-current one runs out Summer next year. I'd say give him it. It's obvious we're unable to buy players, so why not give him it. And I think he's earned it to be honest. Since he's come to Goodison he's one of our consistent performers.

Sylvain Distin is holding out for a new 2 year contract-current one runs out Summer next year. I'd say give him it. It's obvious we're unable to buy players, so why not give him it. And I think he's earned it to be honest. Since he's come to Goodison he's one of our consistent performers.

He's also a high earner. I'd like him to stay, but I don't think he will. It's not a matter of performances because I really love him, he's been very good and consistent aside from a few lapses, but I think he is one of 2/3 player that will end up leaving on frees due to eceonomic reasons.

He's also a high earner. I'd like him to stay, but I don't think he will. It's not a matter of performances because I really love him, he's been very good and consistent aside from a few lapses, but I think he is one of 2/3 player that will end up leaving on frees due to eceonomic reasons.

I think he will tbh-he wants to, which is a positive. We should be able to get the wages sorted anyway when we offload more players in January

I think he will tbh-he wants to, which is a positive. We should be able to get the wages sorted anyway when we offload more players in January

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay, but IMO he'd need to take a paycut. We don't have those many players to offload in January (And we can't offload too many, either!), and even then, we need to take a large chunk off our wage bill if we want to start making some sort of profit.

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to stay, but IMO he'd need to take a paycut. We don't have those many players to offload in January (And we can't offload too many, either!), and even then, we need to take a large chunk off our wage bill if we want to start making some sort of profit.

Maybe. But for all I know he may have agreed to a cut, but to be honest there's very little information I can get hold off at the moment so can't say with guarentee.

As for players going, don't be surprised if Fellaini goes in Jan. No progress in talks whatsoever (contrary to some newspaper reports), so we may be forced to let him go as he'll be worth a lot less come next summer.

Maybe. But for all I know he may have agreed to a cut, but to be honest there's very little information I can get hold off at the moment so can't say with guarentee.

As for players going, don't be surprised if Fellaini goes in Jan. No progress in talks whatsoever (contrary to some newspaper reports), so we may be forced to let him go as he'll be worth a lot less come next summer.

Yes, I'm afraid Fellaini will not be staying with us much longer. It's a shame, really, but looking at the bright side, hopefully it means we won't be in need of selling Barkley for a while.

Yes, I'm afraid Fellaini will not be staying with us much longer. It's a shame, really, but looking at the bright side, hopefully it means we won't be in need of selling Barkley for a while.

Exactly my line of thinking. Sort of player you can build a team around in the future

Exactly my line of thinking. Sort of player you can build a team around in the future

He's got a lot of talent, having to sell him to clear off debts would be such a waste, really. A midfield four of Drenthe, Rodwell, Barkley and Coleman looks rather interesting, not to mention it'd be one of the youngest in the Premier League.

He's got a lot of talent, having to sell him to clear off debts would be such a waste, really. A midfield four of Drenthe, Rodwell, Barkley and Coleman looks rather interesting, not to mention it'd be one of the youngest in the Premier League.

Indeed. Very promising. So promising I've actually forgotten how disappointing the transfer window was. Looking very promising indeed

A trip to Fulham's never easy, but compared to the rest of the games it seems like child's play.

A trip to Fulham's never easy, but compared to the rest of the games it seems like child's play.

Would love to agree, but the way they demolished QPR yesterday was scarey. And QPR aren't even a bad team.

Would love to agree, but the way they demolished QPR yesterday was scarey. And QPR aren't even a bad team.

QPR beat us after all. But I do think we're better defensively than QPR, although Jags would have to improve on his recent performances...

QPR beat us after all. But I do think we're better defensively than QPR, although Jags would have to improve on his recent performances...

That's the main concern for me. Distin has been his usual solid self. But there is something clearly wrong with Jagielka. Pretty much why I was saying on the other thread I'd drop him for the England qualifier, give him a breather, and give him a chance to get himself together. Wondering if there's a "hangover" from the transfer window saga

What worries me is that there may be something going on in the dressing room that we are unaware of.

What worries me is that there may be something going on in the dressing room that we are unaware of.

Personally, think it's all the negative press to do with the club. They're going to be thinking "we can't buy players because we can't get investment-how are we meant to progress?". I suspect the sale of Arteta has done more damage for morale than people thought. Could it be that this season the cracks become a lot more apparent and much less easy to paper over? Shall find out by January/end of Jan. The danger of the sale of Arteta is it may set a dangerous precedent.

Personally, think it's all the negative press to do with the club. They're going to be thinking "we can't buy players because we can't get investment-how are we meant to progress?". I suspect the sale of Arteta has done more damage for morale than people thought. Could it be that this season the cracks become a lot more apparent and much less easy to paper over? Shall find out by January/end of Jan. The danger of the sale of Arteta is it may set a dangerous precedent.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

On a side note, Tim Cahill pulled out of NT duty to recover from injury. Guess it's good news of sorts.

Back