The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
You guys won't like this...

I'm hearing that a deal for Jagielka could be done soon - Fee + Bendtner (not sure if permanent, or on loan - probably former) is apparently agreed and close to being completed.

no. just....please.....not Bendtner....please....:@

no. just....please.....not Bendtner....please....:@

He's not THAT bad. He has some potential, he just needs to accept that he isn't better than Messi and work hard on what he IS good at - to improve further. He produces important goals, and has some versatility. Tbph, I think he'd do OK at Everton, and Moyes could be the man to get his head sorted out and improve his consistency. Definitely think his long-term future is abroad, though. If he just shut up, a deal would be much quicker. But he and his father talk **** to the media and ask for huge wages so everyone pulls out of the deal.

He's not THAT bad. He has some potential, he just needs to accept that he isn't better than Messi and work hard on what he IS good at - to improve further. He produces important goals, and has some versatility. Tbph, I think he'd do OK at Everton, and Moyes could be the man to get his head sorted out and improve his consistency. Definitely think his long-term future is abroad, though. If he just shut up, a deal would be much quicker. But he and his father talk **** to the media and ask for huge wages so everyone pulls out of the deal.

Beat me to what I was about to say lol. Thats what put me off-there was way too much arrogance at times. I accept you need confidence, and a form of confident arrogance otherwise you'll never have the mindset to improve. But sometimes I just wanted to slap his head with a halibutt at times lol. And I'm not sure how the other players would take him, as they're very professional, close knit bunch and definately wouldn't take to someone who goes a bit silly of how they see themselves. But, he can change. I started liking him before he went on the holier than thou routine, which pretty much made me go off him a bit. Definately needs someone to bring him back down to earth

Another thing just heard aswell-Everton are unlikely to accept anything under £20 million, and highly doubtful they'd accept a form of a player to add to the value. And I can't see Arsene payin £20 million (unless he goes mental and does actually do it).

---------- Post added 22/07/2011 at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was 21/07/2011 at 06:04 PM ----------

Christ it gets worse. Being reported that Mikel Arteta has limped out of training with a foot injury. He picked up the injury during the match against Philadelphia. He has a scan, but now an X-Ray is needed, with Moyes adding "it's quite a bad foot injury". Players already doubtful for the match against DC United include Anichebe and Osman, while Fellaini, and now Arteta, are definately out.

On a positive, it gives youngsters such as Apostolos Vellios, Conor McAleny and Ross Barkley a chance to gain some valuable experience on the pitch.

Watching the Everton game here and Barkley looks fantastic! I can see the hype around this kid now, he looks top drawer!

2-0 Everton so far, Anichebe and Bilyaletdinov with the goals.

Yeah hopefully Barkley will be good in the new FM.

He's quite good in this one already. As a matter of fact many of our youngsters are.

These have -8 potential:

'Keeper:
Adam Davies

Defenders:
Shane Duffy
Shkodran Mustafi
Eric Dier
Johan Hammar
Luke Garbutt

Midfielders:
Ross Barkley
Femi Orenuga
Araz Abdullayev

Strikers:
Hallam Hope
Joao Silva
Apostolos Vellios

They are good for championship teams, Silva is good though.

Not really, -8 often makes for good players provided you train them well and tutor them. Not gonna be WC but certainly good enough to add squad depth.

Not for me sir XD

Well, I've turned a few -8 players into very good players, but I guess that depends on how each of us plays their games, I never splash out on big names, but rather build slowly with not-so-known players :P

For the past few weeks, I've been a lot more optomistic regarding the upcoming season for the Toffees, and once again, I'm brought crashing back to earth, with a new set of alarm bells. Goalkeeper Andy Lonergan went to Leeds. Know why? We couldn't even afford the £150,000 fee. Ooookkkaaaaay. So basically, it's going to be another, potentially, bottom half based season, this time, right through to the end of the season.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/article.php?ID=10286#comments

Last edited:
I put my faith on a few of the kids. I have a sneaky feeling they're going to pull some mindblowing performances that are not only going to give us a boost in terms of league position but also provide financial relief. That said, faith is not rational.

Blimey, couldn't afford 150k? That's worrying. That's 'downgrade-from-private-jet-to-economy-class' kind of area right there. Here's hoping you get taken over by a nice bunch of new owners who don't just pump millions into getting world-class players and making you hated by the entire league. ;)

So where exactly do you hope/expect to finish this season? I just see a bit of parity in our situations, in that it's a bit of a season of uncertainty for both our teams.

Blimey, couldn't afford 150k? That's worrying. That's 'downgrade-from-private-jet-to-economy-class' kind of area right there. Here's hoping you get taken over by a nice bunch of new owners who don't just pump millions into getting world-class players and making you hated by the entire league. ;)

So where exactly do you hope/expect to finish this season? I just see a bit of parity in our situations, in that it's a bit of a season of uncertainty for both our teams.

The chances of take over right now stand at zero. Ol' Bill checked prospective bidders financial backgrounds, and they were less than, appealing shall we say. So the wait goes on.

As to where I hope to finish-I'd be more than happy with a top 7. Mainly not for Europe, but for financial reasons. Need every penny. As to where I expect us to finish. Being realistic, and taking into account squad depth, only 2 players coming in, quality of players we have now, injuries we have right now.....going bottom half. We're going to really struggle this season. Fellaini won't be match fit til October, and that doesn't help much at all either, and basically, nearly every team around us has strengthened. I'm expecting a nasty season. It's going to be distinctly unpleasant.

The chances of take over right now stand at zero. Ol' Bill checked prospective bidders financial backgrounds, and they were less than, appealing shall we say. So the wait goes on.

As to where I hope to finish-I'd be more than happy with a top 7. Mainly not for Europe, but for financial reasons. Need every penny. As to where I expect us to finish. Being realistic, and taking into account squad depth, only 2 players coming in, quality of players we have now, injuries we have right now.....going bottom half. We're going to really struggle this season. Fellaini won't be match fit til October, and that doesn't help much at all either, and basically, nearly every team around us has strengthened. I'm expecting a nasty season. It's going to be distinctly unpleasant.

That's looking at the glass half empty. I tend to do that in pretty much every aspect of my life, but I think it's taking the wrong approach here. We may have not signed anyone, but we have not lost anyone either. Most of the teams have lost key players due to transfers, injuries or retirement and most of their transfers have been replacements and not necessarily improvements on their squads. I think we may have a good season. Time will tell.

IMO moyes should have left for Villa when he got the chance, he's done all he can at everton and clearly is too good a manager to be in the bottom half of the prem. Hoping he comes to united when fergie goes.

That's looking at the glass half empty. I tend to do that in pretty much every aspect of my life, but I think it's taking the wrong approach here. We may have not signed anyone, but we have not lost anyone either. Most of the teams have lost key players due to transfers, injuries or retirement and most of their transfers have been replacements and not necessarily improvements on their squads. I think we may have a good season. Time will tell.

Don't think I worded it properly-my fault. Was meant to say too, that fitness for me is also a concern. We needed a striker badly, as Saha has the habit of getting injured at the worst possible moment. When he's fully fit, he's still an excellent striker. We just can't keep relying on midfield to get the goals all the time. And there's still no certainty that Arteta will be staying, due to Villareal and other teams snooping round, and he does want back to Spain. Then there's Fellaini, who said he wants to be in a CL team. There's a point aswell, where yes we do have excellent youngsters coming through, but you can't always rely on youth too much. Use them too much, they'll burn out, or get injured, and with the squad being as thin as it is, that would kill us.

Don't get me wrong, plays like Coleman showed he can do the job, but looked very leggy towards the end. So when I said quality of players, I should really have said quality as in back-up players, and the fitness of the key players. But I still think we'll struggle, simply because other teams were able to buy players in.

IMO moyes should have left for Villa when he got the chance, he's done all he can at everton and clearly is too good a manager to be in the bottom half of the prem. Hoping he comes to united when fergie goes.

Funny how he's been in the top half the latest 5 years for a bottom half team manager.

Back