The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Good news is Rodwell and Fellaini are involved

Everton: Howard, Neville, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman, Barkley, Fellaini, Rodwell, Anichebe, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Beckford, Cahill, Yakubu, Vellios, Baxter.

My stream got ******, and when I managed to make it work again Séamus was taken out injured, and he looked in a lot of pain. Jesus ******* christ.

Was going to mention this on the friendly thread but seen an Everton one, Anyone watching the game and see that tackle on Coleman? he's lucky not be going off in a stretcher! Hope he's ok but could be ligament damage or anything was an absolute joke!

@Athe - Yeah you'll maybe get to see it again it was a disgraceful challenge. In a competitive match you would be calling for a red card tbh.

Was going to mention this on the friendly thread but seen an Everton one, Anyone watching the game and see that tackle on Coleman? he's lucky not be going off in a stretcher! Hope he's ok but could be ligament damage or anything was an absolute joke!

@Athe - Yeah you'll maybe get to see it again it was a disgraceful challenge. In a competitive match you would be calling for a red card tbh.

Good thing I missed it, then. I tend to break stuff when I get ******. Just hope it's nothing serious.

I was disgusted with it and I'm not an Everton fan lol, I was shouting abuse at the t.v. I reckon there's a chance he will be out for a few weeks possible ligament damage to the ankle.

Seamus Coleman has left Goodison Park at half-time for the hospital on crutches.

Barkley looks top class, have to rely on people like him because were signing absolutely no-one by the looks of things

Seamus Coleman has left Goodison Park at half-time for the hospital on crutches.

The Crutches will just be precautionary anyway, They won't want him putting any weight on it. Imagine he will go for an X-ray and a MRI Scan. Really hope he's not too badly Injured and will be ok.

Barkley playing well, Rodwell has had both good and bad moments. All in all, it's looking good.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Barkley off for Yakubu. The lad had a good match, hopefully he'll have a run in the first team this season.

Well, seen the match, and my thoughts are:

Not surprised Rossi scored-he's a quality player. But all in all, we had a good workout. Howard had no chance with that free kick. And was very impressed with Barkley. Excellent vision, very creative, excellent passing and off the ball movement. Very composed for someone so young. The senior players know how good a player he's going to be, and you could tell by the number of times they got the ball to him so he could do something with it. The future is looking very good for the lad.

Seamus Coleman was wreaking havoc on Villareal, so he's building on last season which is great to see. But the injury he got is a blow. How the ref didn't card the player who tackled him is beyond me. The refs in FM in friendlies give more ****** discipline. But that's just ifs and buts. But Fellaini-for gods sake man don't do stupid challenges. How many times does he have to be told, not to barge players in the back, and give away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions. It's ridiculous. And Beckford needs to control his temprament aswell. Not all refs are as laid back on a sun lounger as this guy was.

And Jags showed why clubs are after him. Composed, calm...solid as a rock as usual. On the attacking front, we showed why we desperately need to get a striker. There's going to be too much pressure on Saha during the season, and we all know his fitness problems. We need a striker who can take the pressure off.

But all in all, satisfactory from the lads. Hopefully the injury to Coleman isn't too bad. From what I've heard it's minor ligament damage, so could be out a few weeks. So far a change, more positives than negatives. Bring on Spurs.

I thought we played well against Villareal, taking everything into account that is. Coleman got absolutly crunched by Marchena (nothing new) and the ref just lets him go. Luckily, there has been no break but there is expected ligament damage which is just the luck we needed going into the new season with an already depleeted squad.
The one gem we do have though, is Ross Barkley, this lad is top class! A phenomenal prospect, who looks to have it all, his dribbling is brilliant as his vision and compsure, he looks like he's been in the starting 11 for years! Breath of fresh air.
Im still, somewhat optimistic for this season, i want Europe next season, that is a must even if i is the Europa League, i miss European nights at Goodison.

Its going to be one of them seasons for us, anything can happen and you just dont know where we will finnish. It will all come down to how we start the season off. Need a result against Spurs to show we mean business!

Joao Silva has gone to Vitoria Setubal on a season long loan.

Just some Everton transfer news...In the wrong direction than what you would like I know.

Joao Silva has gone to Vitoria Setubal on a season long loan.

Just some Everton transfer news...In the wrong direction than what you would like I know.

What a surprise. Wonder if Anichebe will go to Leicester as mentioned earlier.....

DoronSalomon Doron Salomon
Torn ankle ligaments for Seamus Coleman... ouch, good player

Shame.. Expected him to step up a level this season.. Everton are very very unlucky when it comes to injuries..

Everton's Seamus Coleman faces around six months out after scans revealed he has suffered ankle ligament damage.

Two players return to the team, another one out long term.. same old viscous circle :@

What do you guys think of the (Now very possible) Jags -> Arsenal transfer?

IMO getting 20m wouldn't be half bad, as CB is probably the only position where we have good depth (Distin, Heitinga, Yobo, and on the reserves Duffy and Mustafi did a good job too), and 20m is a good chunk of our debt, and Kenwright will probably give Moyes some sort of a transfer kitty if he has an affordable player in mind. Also, Phil has been a very loyal servant to the club, he deserves CL football and I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the move. That said I'd like him to stay, but either way it's win-win imo.

Back