The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Nice :)

Well not much point putting effort into a post for it to get deleted :s

Well, the reason your post was deleted was because you were using the thread to have a pop at a (ex)Rangers player.

TBF, six or seven of them are nowhere near EPL standard.

True, which makes it all the more pressing for them to offload them somehow. You'd have to say DJ Campbell, Zamora, Djibril Cisse and Helguson at least are all Prem standard. Past them? Rob Hulse, Jamie Mackie, Patrick Agyemang, Troy Hewitt are all substandard. That leaves Macheda, who is on loan. So a pretty good balance, if only they could get rid of the aforementioned dead wood.

EDIT: Forgot Jay Bothroyd. Wonder what category he fits into?

Last edited:
Well, the reason your post was deleted was because you were using the thread to have a pop at a (ex)Rangers player.
Or offer an opinion on a player that Everton just signed....

The latter would be more likely saying as it was in the Everton thread.

True, which makes it all the more pressing for them to offload them somehow. You'd have to say DJ Campbell, Zamora, Djibril Cisse and Helguson at least are all Prem standard. Past them? Rob Hulse, Jamie Mackie, Patrick Agyemang, Troy Hewitt are all substandard. That leaves Macheda, who is on loan. So a pretty good balance, if only they could get rid of the aforementioned dead wood.

Yeah. DJ is Prem standard now and again, not at that level consistently. Helguson hit a real patch of form, but that seemed to fizzle out. Cisse is PL standard, IMO could be the season changer for them, as long as he stays fit. Zamora and Cisse sounds exciting, would seem a good partnership.

----

I wonder how EFC will line up with Jelavic? Will they gone lone striker, maybe someone like Cahill in behind him?

Or offer an opinion on a player that Everton just signed....

The latter would be more likely saying as it was in the Everton thread.

TBF, you are already on a fine line, so the wiser member would be a little bit more...clever as to what he posts.

Yeah. DJ is Prem standard now and again, not at that level consistently. Helguson hit a real patch of form, but that seemed to fizzle out. Cisse is PL standard, IMO could be the season changer for them, as long as he stays fit. Zamora and Cisse sounds exciting, would seem a good partnership.

I dislike Cisse with a passion. He hardly moves, for a start. Pacey, yes, but not a clinical finisher, and his oft cited 'X-Factor' is absent too often for him to be worth it. Zamora seems a reliable-ish purchase for them though.

I wonder how EFC will line up with Jelavic? Will they gone lone striker, maybe someone like Cahill in behind him?

I'd expect so. Does leave them a bit one-dimensional, mind... I'd like to see Vellios given a chance now and then, he looks to have the makings of a very good forward.

You're QPRing our thread. That said Bothroyd isn't prem standard imo.

watching the everton - city game on tv

great game so far. everton been great so far and could be a few goals up

Oh great. A protesting Everton fan handcuffs himself to the post. This is just........embarassing.

LOL some idiot has handcuffed himself to the goal post and has stopped the game

I swear if he affects the match result I want him getting a lifetime ban. Jesus wept.

On the bright side, no person in his sane mind would associate with those morons now. With some luck it'll spell doom for the 'Blue Union' and it's stupid protests.

On the bright side, no person in his sane mind would associate with those morons now. With some luck it'll spell doom for the 'Blue Union' and it's stupid protests.

****** hope so. Keep the protests out the stadium. Just make a fool out themselves and their chums.

On the plus side, if it finishes 0-0.........well, I did say on my season predictions we had the ability to put a spanner in the works of someones title chances :D

GIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBOOOOOOOO YOU GODDAM BEAUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back