The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I would hope it kickstarts the team-but then again, we lose Donovan soon. I think Drenthe doesn't start at times due to fitness-what I've read though.

But once we lose Donovan, it's going to be back to normal again. Unless we buck our ideas up.

Yup, Donovan did look good, certainly out shone his invisible compatriot.

standard goodison performance, spineless. aj as lone striker nice one jol!

good win for everton though, i imagine things will pick up for you now. How come Drenthe never gets started, think i heard my yankee commentators say he only started 6 times this season.

Drenthe had an injury and was ill for a couple of weeks. He has, however, been hot and cold with his starts - sometimes he tries to dribble past a player too many. Potential matchwinner on his day, though.

We already gatecrashed the top 4.

But it's going to be a very good while before we can do it again if I'm realistic. Which I pretty am all the time anyway

And tbh that first 11 doesn't look that good but did brilliantly getting 4th. Do you think you overachieved that season?

possibly. But Richard Wright back then was playing very well, and the players were very determined-and Lee Carsley was a very good DM. Very good indeed. but beating Man Utd 1-0 then was certainly no mean feat.

looks like your signing Jelavic from Rangers

Good striker, would be great with you guys :)

Fee's been agreed with Rangers.

Only think stopping it could be personal terms.

The fee 'is believed to be agreed', there's no actual evidence of anything, and even if it's true I won't believe it until I see him in an Everton shirt.

looking increasingly likely that Pienaar is coming back on loan. I'd be frickin happy as Larry if that happens

Luke Garbutt wants to extend his loan at Cheltenham to aid the promotion push for the club.

Luke Garbutt wants to extend his loan at Cheltenham to aid the promotion push for the club.

Glad he's doing well, because it's not like we have much cover at LB, and if Distin leaves in the summer we'll only have Baines. Hope he comes back a better player.

Deleted comments? Cool.......
Shut up, unless you got something useful to say, be quiet.
____

Jelavic could be a wonderful signing for Toffees, a goalscorer, something Everton have not had in years.

Shut up, unless you got something useful to say, be quiet.
____

Jelavic could be a wonderful signing for Toffees, a goalscorer, something Everton have not had in years.

Pretty much what I was saying on the Celtic match thread. Though I should've know better to post there lol. As we've all seen DM has the ability to greatly improve a player aswell. I'm pretty optomistic-I nearly forgot that was like until now lol. If only we had Donovan permanently too. Would've been a nice looking line-up

Plus, in all honesty, all we do is cross the ball into the box. Another beanpole up front can't do any harm, surely...

Well, SPL signings can go either way. You can get some really good signings from there, certainly, but you can get some duffers too. Jelavic looks a decent bet though, and Moyes has a good nose for this kind of thing, so hopefully it comes off.

Back