The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Humans... Mistakes.. Deserves 2nd chances....

Pretty much. If a player sees the chance of playing CL football (like Arteta for example), and is made promises by another manager he'd have a part to play it's only natural to jump at the chance. Not his fault he's hardly had a sniff so far

So.. you guys are actually happy that the player who turned your backs on you less than one year ago is returning after not being able to get into the first team at his new club?

Expected more of you, really.

He asked for forgiveness and it was granted. Plus he's coming for free.

Completely separate deals, i am led to believe.

They are separate deals, but Saha was allowed to move for free apparently on the premise that Pienaar would be allowed to move on loan. The Pienaar deal was believed to depend on the Krasic deal but it appears it was not the case.

Pranjic wanted to sign, eh?

Would of been a great acquisition. However im over the moon with our January deals. Relishing seeing Baines - Pienaar linking up again, they had a fantastic relationship and understanding. In fact, since Pienaar has left, Baines hasn't been near to the form that got him into the England squad.

Added to our best performance of the season last night, hopefully a late surge for Europe or the FA Cup! Does anyone know if Pienaar is cup-tied with Spurs?

He asked for forgiveness and it was granted. Plus he's coming for free.

Every evertonion I've spoken to today, of which all got the game, have all said the same thing - why would you let someone back into the club who;

a) turned down numerous contracts
b) thought they were too big for the club

Maybe, just maybe I'd understand if it was a permanent deal. But for 6 months, because he can't break into his new teams starting line-up?

Haha, completely laughable. I wonder if Rooney asked for forgiveness the fans would start cheering him everytime he came to goodison?

Last edited:

Every evertonion I've spoken to today, of which all got the game, have all said the same thing - why would you let someone back into the club who;

Maybe, just maybe I'd understand if it was a permanent deal. But for 6 months, because he can't break into his new teams starting line-up?

Haha, completely laughable. I wonder if Rooney asked for forgiveness the fans would start cheering him everytime he came to goodison?

I would. He's world class, nurtured by DM and SAF and now one of Englands and Utds best players. We've got by fine without him-last night as an example. If people can't move on, their problem. Players come, players go. They have to deal with it. But I love the guy so I don't have a problem with him at all.

If you bother reading a fair few pages back, you'll find me saying that considering the current state of affairs, I wouldn't mind signing Adolf Hitler if he bangs them in.

And "laughable"? Do you know what is laughable? Spending 100m in duds. And guess what... it wasn't us who did it. But I suppose paying 'only' 6m per goal is good enough to keep you guys happy. Do you know what else is laughable? A guy who takes 4 and a half shots per game on average and scores 5 goals in 18 games. That's only 16 shots per goal

We've strengthened our side while making a profit this season, and we still have the best pounds per point ratio in the Premier League by a mile. We may not be getting Champions League football any time soon, but at this rate... well, neither are you.

If you bother reading a fair few pages back, you'll find me saying that considering the current state of affairs, I wouldn't mind signing Adolf Hitler if he bangs them in.

And "laughable"? Do you know what is laughable? Spending 100m in duds. And guess what... it wasn't us who did it. But I suppose paying 'only' 6m per goal is good enough to keep you guys happy. Do you know what else is laughable? A guy who takes 4 and a half shots per game on average and scores 5 goals in 18 games. That's only 16 shots per goal

We've strengthened our side while making a profit this season, and we still have the best pounds per point ratio in the Premier League by a mile. We may not be getting Champions League football any time soon, but at this rate... well, neither are you.

This is the everton thread mate, not the Liverpool one. And for the record, I don't give two flying ***** how much Liverpool spend on players. These so called "norweigen" fans and another race of people which you refer to in a racist gesture bring in the money every year that allows us to spend so much. It's called being global, maybe you'll experience it in a dream sometime. And I guarantee everton wont finish ahead of Liverpool or even a few points behind us. Everton haven't finished above Liverpool for some time, bar the hiccup in 2005 in which we won number 5.

Anyway, this isn't a Everton v Liverpool thread. I'm just trying to point out that you shouldn't be up his **** and thinking he'll change your season around, cos he wont. And you shouldn't be so forgiving;

He thought he was bigger than the club
He failed at his new club
He's now jumping for any first-team opportunities he gets. Luckily for everton, their a club that can only afford to loan players.

Great bit of business from moyes though, one key player permanently out, while one key player in for 6 months.

883a7-clap.gif

Last edited:
He's now jumping for any first-team opportunities he gets. Luckily for everton, their a club that can only afford to loan players.

So what? If Pienaar performs on the pitch, who the **** cares?

Great bit of business from moyes though, one key player permanently out, while one key player in for 6 months.

You forgot to mention that the key player on his way out is short of form, injury prone, on a big wage and in a position where Everton have good cover and a couple of youngsters looking to make an impact.

Who gives a **** Tezzz? if they are happy, and Pienaar is what does it matter to you? It doesnt affect Liverpool in the slightest, so i'm wondering if you're wind up? Cos really who are you, or any of us to judge them on taking him back

Saha is aging, injury prone, not playing well and extremeply expensive. He was actually past being a Key player

Pienaar wanted to play for a bigger club with a shot at trophies, which is fair enough. It didnt work out and he has come back.

They have players to cover Saha, they dont have a player like Pienaar, which is why its perfect to bring him back

Last edited:

How many Liverpool fans will take Alonso and Mascha back?

**** we can hear Rooney chants after all the noises he made and not to forget your Kop hero Gerrard (When he was desperate to leave Liverpool for Chelsea).

He left as Everton were going nowhere whereas Spurs were going places, now he wants to come back for a loan deal as he is not getting any games. I dont see any problem here.

There are many players who have moved on either by their choice or club's choice but returned later without any fuss.

To be honest, I really couldn't give a flying fig what he thinks. We don't need to splash out £35 million quid on one player to make it to Europe. We don't print T-Shirts to support a player when it should've been kept behind closed doors and make ourselves a laughing stock. We don't have this petty "us against the world" seige mentallity. We just get on with what we do which is try our best, without making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Which is why David Moyes will always be the bigger man than Dalglish. Yeah we may have had a few hiccups-who gives a ****. We've spent hardly any money and still beat a team like Man City. So you can take your BS attitude back to Anfield and stick it where the sun don't shine okay? Now sod off.

This is the everton thread mate, not the Liverpool one.
By that rule of thumb you shouldn't even be here, but oh well...

And for the record, I don't give two flying ***** how much Liverpool spend on players.
But you care about Everton's signings. That's very kind of you but we're doing just fine, thank you very much.

These so called "norweigen" fans and another race of people which you refer to in a racist gesture

lolwut? What in Allah's name are you talking about?

And I guarantee everton wont finish ahead of Liverpool or even a few points behind us. Everton haven't finished above Liverpool for some time, bar the hiccup in 2005 in which we won number 5.

I'm sure we won't I never said we would, but I'm pretty **** sure that if my club spent the kind of money you did I'd expect a little bit more than 6th place and a 'nobody cares' cup final.

Anyway, this isn't a Everton v Liverpool thread. I'm just trying to point out that you shouldn't be up his **** and thinking he'll change your season around, cos he wont. And you shouldn't be so forgiving;

As long as he's willing to work his socks off for the team, I don't care. He asked for forgiveness, he asked to come back, he's back and he'll be a huge boost to our team, especially when Landon's going back to LA in a month's time.

Indeed, a great bit of business, considering Saha was 33, arguably our highest earner and his contract was up in the summer. I wouldn't expect you to know that, though, so I can't blame you for making a fool out of yourself. You can, though. After all you were the one trying to look smart without getting your facts straight.

Last edited:
Ignoring the massive holes in your logic Tezzz, your point is clearly imflammatory and isnt wanted by the evertons fans, so keep it to yourself.

I swear to god-why do his kind get jollies from this? It's such a poor piece of trolling it's not even funny. This is why we get on better with United fans than Liverpool fans right now. Yeah there's the usual match day banter, and you may get a small number going too far. But lately it's become apparent there's a surge in the poo stirrng element on various forums. Nothing more than embarrassment to the club and the proper fans. There's passion and there's sheer stupidity. That was a classic example of the latter.

Ignoring the massive holes in your logic Tezzz, your point is clearly imflammatory and isnt wanted by the evertons fans, so keep it to yourself.

He's clearly trying to wind us up or at the very least he's trolling, but in all honesty I don't mind a good laugh, so as far as I'm concerned he's free to post.

Back