The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
He's clearly trying to wind us up or at the very least he's trolling, but in all honesty I don't mind a good laugh, so as far as I'm concerned he's free to post.

Worst part is-I've just experienced the Kevin Keegan- Fergie moment from the 90s :@

dammit

Yeah you had a bit of an aggressive outburst there lol

Aye-must be sign of old age lol.

Think it must just be the sheer stupidity of the post that annoyed me. I know for a fact that not all LFC fans are like that, but when you get mugs like that...jeez alou it's annoying at times.

Still, I hold my hands up and admit it. I bit and made a *** of myself. At least I'll know what to expect in the future so it won't happen again

Aye-must be sign of old age lol.

Think it must just be the sheer stupidity of the post that annoyed me. I know for a fact that not all LFC fans are like that, but when you get mugs like that...jeez alou it's annoying at times.

Still, I hold my hands up and admit it. I bit and made a *** of myself. At least I'll know what to expect in the future so it won't happen again

Nothing to be ashamed of - I've been having a lot (And I mean an awful lot) of free time lately which I spent reading the forums and I knew what to expect from the beginning, so I wasn't going to bite. Most people OTOH have busier lives and are more volnerable. Plus yeah, you're an old fart, nothing I say is gonna change that :P

Aha you boys are classic. We win the war of words. But they win on the field. But we do extremely well with what we have.
Jelavic looks a good signing. And am glad to see the back of Saha. Like the guy but he was at they put it, "over the hill".
Good to see Pienaar back might be able to spark us into Europe. If we can beat Man City anything is possible

Which is what baffles me at times. We have a squad decimated, have Hibbo as CB, no defensive cover, spend very little.....then beat City. And when we've had a full strength squad, we've struggled badly with consistency. It's so baffling it really is lol. But Mancini's post match comments. "We weren't prepared enough. We thought we could beat them." Erm...Roberto mate. There's a reason why teams hate coming to Goodison lol. And how much preparation does a team loaded with internationals need?

It's this sort of consistency we now need to carry forward the rest of the season. And it's also a shot across the bows of teams involved in top 7 fighting for the title and CL football. Underestimate us at your peril.

In our last two games, though, we've seen a lot of desire, grit and sheer determination from all of our players. There's been a massive change in attitude on the field, and if we continue like this we'll probably have a good second half to the season. I loved Saha but age finally caught up with him and in the last few games Stracqualursi started, he has given it his very best and even if he only scored once his recent performances have been flawless when it comes to work rate. From our front man to our keeper we've shown the kind of spirit that turned Goodison into a fortress in the past, and I sure hope we stay on track because I'm relishing a good FA cup run and a decent top half finish to the league.

He's clearly trying to wind us up or at the very least he's trolling, but in all honesty I don't mind a good laugh, so as far as I'm concerned he's free to post.

Hehe, it would seem so with the amount of replies and the aggression in them.

By the way, winding up and trolling are the same thing.

Not going to reply to every post, I can't be assed to, but in a nutshell:

Gerrard - He stayed. And that's the bottom line, cos stone cold said so.
Mike - You're wondering if I'm wound up? At what, exactly?
Athe - You know what I'm talking about.
Ajt - Haha, you sound like my everton season-ticket holder uncle. "Take that back to anfield, now sod off!"

Just got told that the attendance for the city game was under 30,000. Where are the people?

I'm of the opinion that you can wind people up without trolling. But in this case it's just a matter of opinion, not gonna turn that into an argument, particularly since I've just drank three bottles of beer and it's taking me a while to type properly. Heading off to bed now.

Before
71911108_display_image.jpg

Returned hero

Craig_Bellamy_2006917c.jpg

Anyways I'm happy with Pienaar signing. With Everton having so many problems this is the best they could think of. He worked well with Baines and I can see him doing well for Everton.

Before
71911108_display_image.jpg

Returned hero

Craig_Bellamy_2006917c.jpg

Anyways I'm happy with Pienaar signing. With Everton having so many problems this is the best they could think of. He worked well with Baines and I can see him doing well for Everton.

Yet again, we accepted a bid for him. He didn't demand to leave the club.

Just watched a Moyes press conference saying all the new faces such as Donovon and Pieenar will be working together over the coming months. Old must mean new now.

That's something I don't get - Spurs have bought so many players just to rot on the bench it's ridiculous.

I know. Thought it was bad at City but Tottenham seemed to have followed suit a bit. Not only is it denying players matches but it's also eating up money. Stupid.

Interesting comment by Pienaar. He is not ruling out a return to Goodison Park-if all goes well by the end of the season.

Well, he made a mistake going to Spurs. Hardly got a sniff through no fault of his own. Pretty much being wasted. If Harry was so keen on him staying at the club he should've played him more than we wouldn't have got a request to leave. Why he didn't play during the Wigan game is beyond belief. It's so obvious he has talent. Tottenhams loss is our gain.

So.. you guys are actually happy that the player who turned your backs on you less than one year ago is returning after not being able to get into the first team at his new club?

Expected more of you, really.

would you not take back torres..

Back