The F.A Cup Thread

Yeh..they have huge players. But you know why? because thats their strategy. Why do you think they loaned Carew?

.....Because he is very big and suits their style. They have built their own style. It's not like they have to do it because they have huge players.

its like arsenal/barca passing it around just outside the box for 40 minutes a half... its their style, who cares.

And there style have been very very successful, why would they change it when they have done so well with it......

Yeah i know. After all..this is business. It should be entertaiment too. But they are not going to attract many fans with their style.

With that style they are going to stay in league. for now atleast..

Yeah i know. After all..this is business. It should be entertaiment too. But they are not going to attract many fans with their style.

With that style they are going to stay in league. for now atleast..

Their fans seem to be fine with it, in fact they embrace it.

Not being from England i will let you off, however Stoke isn't the biggest of places, they have a limited demographic to market to, they wont be using "come to the football for entertainment" as a slogan, its more about support your city, be part of it...
Teams like Stoke don't market themselves to attract new fans, its a repeat business of locals that they rely on.

what a fantastic freekick

I think thats a bit over the top,

he blasted it across the floor, got lucky it didn't hit anyone and then was lucky that green couldn't get enough strength behind it to keep it out...

Someone will get sent off in this the way its going.

I think thats a bit over the top,

he blasted it across the floor, got lucky it didn't hit anyone and then was lucky that green couldn't get enough strength behind it to keep it out...

Someone will get sent off in this the way its going.

look at how the wall was set by stoke, and how the stoke players in the wall broke to make the perfect gap to shoot right at goal - thats been practised by stoke, a lot... executed almost perfectly.

look at how the wall was set by stoke, and how the stoke players in the wall broke to make the perfect gap to shoot right at goal - thats been practised by stoke, a lot... executed almost perfectly.

the same sort of tactic that is implemented by nearly every team in football from close range? Im not saying it wasn't done well, Im saying the term fantastic is a bit strong for that free kick!

however arguably the furthest out stoke have scored all season :$ so for them fantastic, but when compared to other free kicks, hardly memorable?

Thomas Sorensen having a great game between the sticks...

was that not a penalty ?

looked like it to me or did Tomkins go down to easy ?

Upson shakes the cross bar :O

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Stoke go through to the FA cup semi finals...

The carpet like grass surface at Wembley is in no danger of being tore up that is for sure :$

Semi finals draw

Mancity/Reading Vs ManUtd
Stoke Vs Bolton

Come on Shaneoooo Long fire Man City out of the tournie...

Fa cup semi final draw

utd v city or reading

stoke v bolton

Oh god...well rather play them in the semis than in the final. Couldn't handle the pressure. :( May the best team win.