The F.A Cup Thread

Im talking about the future my friend ;)

@ Jay Pricey

You should have watched the second half mate ;)

Don't really think that I'd have been that excited watching Manchester City winning 1-0 against a Championship side with a defender scoring whilst the array of attacking talent couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo

I do feel a bit sorry for City fans tbh.

They spend hundreds of millions on players, mostly strikers yet they play poor counter attacking football and generally seem to scrape through games by the individual talent of Tevez/Silva. You won't win much playing like that.

You dont have to be mate. Every team cannot rely on 2 fast wingers ;)

I take that as Bale and Lennon?

There not our best/most influential players :S

Modric - Dawson - Bale - VDV - Lennon.

Kompany - Tevez - Silva - De Jong ;)

Those are our most influental players at the moment.

IMO i think any City fan will be pleased to get to this level of the FA cup like anyone would especially as the fans after seeing all this money spent are still yet to see any real success, although to play a team of Readings calibre in comparison to themselves (no offense Jonesy, just talking money wise) and scrape a 1-0 win at home is underperforming!

Although yes that is taking credit away from a fighting Reading team who did themselves more than proud tonight, if you presented that match to someone who doesn't watch football they would't have been able to notice such gulf in "apparent" talent on show!

But of course regardless of the end of season finish, get your cheque book out Sheik's... YAWNNN

Went to the pub to watch this, thought reading were unlucky not to get something out od this. Just a bit of bad decision making from kebe at tomes when he could have got a ball into the box for long to try and get, even if he is a bit short.

All City seem to do is bully people off the ball. However it does work, they seemed to be dominating and should have scored. Thought readings keeper had a good game, only a young lad too!

a bit off topic but what the **** is that dodgy link in your sig - i keep clicking it by mistake and its really ******* me off

It's not supposed to be a link. Dont click it. The link is just the site where the picture is uploaded.

I'm glad we were deservedly through after having a more potent attack than Arsenal.

And City were poor today, against a weakened Reading side, they should have done a lot more.

A decent semi final, that i think we will win and go on to lift the F.A cup now, and i will be very pleased.

I think, on the Wembley carpet, we'll beat stoke comfortably, and id fancy United to do city, Mancini isnt competent enough to outwit fergie.

Just got back from the Brittania.
Heard piquionne's goal was handball, but well you ride your luck. Since that goal, it seemed as if Mr Jones had his wages on 2-1. Okay, we've seen it all before, refs let the fans get the better off them and award something silly to make up for the Piquionne goal. The word in the west ham end, was that the ref was going to givea soft penalty.. and my word he did. A minute into the second half and a penalty? Literally ludicrous however it is viable. This isn't a rant on referees, but there is no consistency, you would think after awarding them a penalty, the ref would play an even game.. however no, consistently 50/50's went Stokes way. This marked by offscreen, Pulis talking to the referee at half time. Shawcross lunged in for another 'Ramsey' like tackle on Parker, and just a yellow card, he also done it last week at Upton Park. I NEVER EVER want to see that scumbag wear an England shirt, an absolute c**t. And i want to emphasise this point, did you see when shawcross ran into the ref accidental? He went mad at him! How was he not sent off for that I do not know. A replay was probably a fair result, but we didn't have the right gameplan. We were slow, we didn't press.. but when we were coming forward we did actually look dangerous. Stoke will be in very big trouble in weeks to come, and mark my word. They are a very poor side, and like we picked them off last week and nearly beat them today.. Pulis only has one hope of survivial, and thats home form. Finally, famous atmosphere? Couldn't even sell their ground, and their support was pony. We have many more cup finals to come in this season, hoping we stay up now, as we deserve too.

I'm glad we were deservedly through after having a more potent attack than Arsenal.

And City were poor today, against a weakened Reading side, they should have done a lot more.

A decent semi final, that i think we will win and go on to lift the F.A cup now, and i will be very pleased.

Now don't get pompous, a City-Bolton final would be a wonder to watch. All it takes is dodgy refereeing or parking the bus and getting a header.