The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Annual tournament all sorted at my mates, we play for money each year and I can't wait!!!

because they obviously dont rate him as highly as you.
I dont rate him brilliantly but should be on around 70 as he is a solid player with decent ability
he is better than james o shea and jordan mutch (for now) irl but they are on 65

I dont rate him brilliantly but should be on around 70 as he is a solid player with decent ability
he is better than james o shea and jordan mutch (for now) irl but they are on 65

the scout who watched them both for EA obviously thinks otherwise.

the scout who watched them both for EA obviously thinks otherwise.
Maybe he does I just have to say I think Fahey is better than alot of people looking through all the lists that are rated higher

He definitely deserves at least 70OVR
Decent international player

Bit baffled at John Terry being 86, and Micheal Dawson had an amazing season last year, i thought he should of been around 81-82 mark

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-11-ng/1171473-fifa-11-features-list.html

Don't know if people have seen this but its quite cool, stuff like Handballs are included, flat trajectory goal keeper kicking has been added, and my personal favourite backspin lofted through balls and driven lob passes the amount of times i try to switch the play to the wing with a crossfield ball its unreal, i found it too floaty.

check it out :)

Oh and also Cup celebration added

Last edited:
fantastic read, am really looking forward to this. game of the year i reckon :)

same here mate, wonder if tesco are doing that £25 midnight thing again

New 'Pro Passing' system (No more Ping Pong passes)

- New Player Attributes (Such has Close bold Control and many more)

- Improved Goalkeepers! (No more superhumanistisk goalkeepers)

- FIFA WC 2010 Penalty System!

- Player Invidualities improved, such as different players having different dribbling styles, or defenders like Terry being more accurate on slide tackles etc etc.

- Handball added (Can be turned off)

- Improved Corner kicks!

- Battle Engine which allows full 360 degree jostling!

-
Referee Personality added!

- Top strikers now have more agility in the box and can complete some nice finishes when turning and stretching!

-Poachers such as Ruud van Nistelrooy are much more effective in and around the 6 yard box as they pounce on loose balls and tap them home!

- The attacking attributes are very visible. You can see Wayne Rooney running around everywhere whilst Berbatov floats around with a minimum of effort.

- The same concept applies to defenders as Alves will fly forwards from wing back Clichy will be more defensive and protect his goal rather than press forwards.

- The defending attributes are also very visible. Whilst Drogba will work back in to midfield to try and chase down an attacking defender, Anelka will stay up front and leave the defending to someone else.

- Goalkeeper are much more agile to move around their goal mouths

- Keepers with better diving attributes will be able to reach farther for shots

- Keepers will have to read the trajectory of crosses and shots so much better

- Different save styles - Acrobatic v Traditional (Van der Sar v Casillas)

- Kicks from hand are much better as you now have 2 options, the classic high kick or the new flat trajectory style (very nice).

- Swerwe passes added!

- Driven lob passes added!

- Backspin lofted throug balls added!

- Improved AI! (Will keep possesion, wait for the opportunity and aswell try do dribble you if they feel safe)

- New player animations for tackling and heading, more types of tackles and headers!

- 360 degree Fight for Possesion system

-Personallity+ CPU Aİ (CPU controlled football stars have a suite of skill moves to exploit with star player attributes and specific behaviors attrıbuted to particular players)

-Advanced İntellingence (REAL AI now controls CPU players enabling them to recognize and react to patterns of play more sophisticated than simple on-the-ball decisions. Plus, hundreds of skill moves have been recorded and assigned to thousands of players.)

- (*New)After goal celebration is done, your teammates will join your celebration by jumping to you, holding you and much more.

- (*New) When scored a goal, you can run to your teammates and celebrate the goal with them!

- (*New) New interfaces will be shown up during the gameplay, such as ball poesseion percentages, injuries, goals and corners etc. Just like in real life

- (*New) New referee animations added!

- (*New) Alot of new entrance scenes added!!

Customization:

- 9 different body types available

- Customizeable goal nets (Shapeness etc etc.)

- Abillity to save replays to your HDD (When a match ends, you will have to go to the Highlights, then choose the goal you want to save on your HDD) (Also available in Online)

- Customizeable chants!

- (*New) Custom soundtracks!

- (*New) New celebration feature (Player will perform their trademark celebration if you don't press a direction on the pad

- (*New) Custom clubs songs for when team walks onto the pitch and when a goal is scored

Game modes:

- (*New) Career Mode: A new engine delivers an authentic experience that mimics the real-world game. Begin as a real player, created player or Virtual Pro and evolve into a player-manager and manager–or just begin at the top–and enjoy a 15-year career. Players now receive instant feedback and enjoy a vastly improved status system. Plus, authentic tournament structures, results and new calendar system, featuring simultaneous simulations, improve the speed and flow of games. Featuring new Team Management for simpler player comparison and Friends Leaderboard to compare stats and earnings.

- (*New) Be A Goalkeeper Mode: Move your goalkeeper with the left analouge stick and flick to right and left to dive!

Online:

- Abillity to save goals to your HDD after a match.

- People wont be able to quit without your allowance. (They must ask you if it's okay to leave)

Other:

- When celebrating a goal, you can run to your teammate and celebrate the goal together!

- Cup celebration added

- Visible trophy at the beginning of a match!

- Co-op Camera added!

- New Entrances added!​

- Finally we will be able to create our own teams crests and players via EAs official Website!

- (*New) Name İnterface will be shown during the Free Arena Mode

- (*New) Over 30 officially licenced leagues 500 licenced teams and more than 15000 players!

im going till sleep untill it comes out i think :) wake me up on the day of release wont you, thanks much :)

Referee Personality added! im sure we'll get alot of people complaining about the so called "fergie time" or the penalties against them at old trafford :P

Im actually going to do the midnight run this year instead of sending a family member up to do it for me lol, may wagg college but considering its friday maybe i wont

Last edited:
Loving the quiting online rule. Not loving the penalty system.

Great news to hear handballs have returned, nice one EA ;)

Also brilliant addition to the quitting issue, hopefully will stop all the wankers quitting out when they go a goal down in the first half. But just out of curiousity whats to stop them same wankers from hittin the power button?????

Last edited:
Loving the quiting online rule. Not loving the penalty system.

i quite liked the penalty system, added pressure, but i missed alot of vital penalties in games late on :P

also i hope the AI attack more when you get a goal up late on or something, i noticed theres more players upfield but they never seem to put pressure on you, that was my experience anyway, and home possession dominance aswell would be nice. i did alter the tactics so teams did that but the AI didnt seem the go along with it.

On personalization:
- winter clothing
- Medium socks, long and low.

Winter clothing will be interesting, undershirts? automatic gloves corresponding with weather? automatic sleeves? i think the last two you could do anyway but be interesting to see what defines this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9hYMXtGlEo"]YouTube - FIFA 11: Stamina & Fatigue Explained[/ame]

This is brilliant, they only ran the length of the pitch once, now consider this in a match, think it will play a bit role in fifa 11, gives a reason for subsitutions now and rotation in career mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back