The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSN store updates at 5pm local time, that's why.

My brother and I are downloading it at the moment. Stay tuned.

PSN store updates at 5pm local time, that's why.

My brother and I are downloading it at the moment. Stay tuned.

Oh well never mind, from what I have read on the ea sports forum, it will certainly be worth the wait.

heres a demo review that someone posted on fifa 11 forum

Well, after waiting for the better part of a day for some news that the demo had been released, it finally came, and after downloading and installing it (having also played 3 games on full Manual settings) I've been keeping my eye out for a few things.

NOTE: All games were played with Full Manual Controls on Professional difficulty.

First of all, the big one, Pro Passing.

In my first game I was Barcelona V Leverkusen (just a starter to get used to how the game played) and the first thing I noticed was how much power you have to put on the ball just to make it go 10 yards, it was evident that pro passing was actually there.

The 180 degree perfect passes are (sadly) still there, but I did see a lot more variation in how these passes came off depending on what player I was controlling. Players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi had hardly any trouble finding their man, yet Puyol's passing was attrocious, sometimes even finding it hard to get the ball out to one of the full backs both due to pressure from the opponent and from the pro passing element.

Can honestly see why some people are a little dissappointed with pro passing but I assure you, its not as bad as the video's make it look, it really is evident in the game.

Final Score: Barcelona 2 - 1 Leverkusen
Ibrahimovic Ballack
Messi

My second game was Arsenal V Chelsea, a game where I thought I would test out the quick playing style of Arsenal compared to the rough stuff of Chelsea, unfortunately though, this wasn't the case.

Arsenal seem to be a slow team in the game, Arshavin had a hard time beating half of the players he came up against in a race across the turf, Chamakh (although not the fastest player) hard a hard time keeping up with Terry when chasing the ball back, and most of all, Fabregas was non existent due to something I noticed a lot during this game....AI Man Marking.

I don't know if this was just a fluke, but for the whole game, Essien was glued to Fabregas, as soon as he got the ball, Essien was like a fly on a dog *, he was literally all over him, putting some unbelievable amounts of pressure on him causing a lot of errors in passing.

One major flaw with the passing was long *, they always seem to find their man no matter how much power you put on them, which I hope will be fixed in the full game.

I also set Handballs to 'ON' throughout my time in the demo, and I can see were the problem lies. Lampard got a free-kick just outside the penalty area, I set the wall up and he blasted it right against the jumping wall, suddenly the referee blew and gave a penalty due to handball in the area!

Its something that will cause a lot of frustration in offline modes since the AI looks like it will always try to blast the ball at the wall instead of going for the curler, so I suggest turning them off.

Final Score: Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea
(Arsenal win 3 - 1 on penalties)

My third and final game, Real Madrid v Juventus.

The thing I concentrated on in this game was the overall speed of the game and of players along with the opponent AI.

Players like Ronaldo and Di Maria are absoloutely brilliant when you get them on the ball and get them down the wings, hardly anyone could keep up with them, until I noticed the defensive AI kick in to full effect.

When playing on FIFA 10 and your running down the wing, the AI will usually trick and stick to your player instead of blocking the space for the cross ect, this time, they don't just block the space out, they team up to create so much pressure that your forced to turn back and think about starting your attack from a different position. It really helps create a more realistic feel to the game because you can no longer go gung * at your opponent everytime you get the ball, you have to think about which is the best pass, what player do you want to get the ball to, whats the best way to open the defence and it really is a very nice suprise.

The overall speed of the game has been toned down a lot from FIFA 10/WC2010, its set at a very realistic pace, and the sprinting has also been toned down a lot meaning that you need to think about which players are the best to help put pressure on defenders by using their pace and skill to create space for other players to run into, which they actually do to full effect in FIFA 11, the AI is really really impressive in my opinion.

Final Score: Real Madrid 0 - 2 Juventus
Marchisio x 2

Final Verdict:

Overall, FIFA 11 is a nice change to the fast paced football games of the last 2-3 years, its a very good representation of the beautiful game and I have high hopes that the final build will be even better once a patch is released to sort out a few bugs (Pro Passing and Handballs being the main two I noticed.)

With PES 2011 also looking like its shaping up to be a good game this year, it looks like the days of healthy competition are back and its not a bad thing in the slightest, its the best thing that could have happened to the football loving community.

Pro's:

1. AI is very good
2. Pro Passing seems to be evident a lot on Manual settings
3. Pace has been slowed to a realistic setting

*'s:

1. 180 Degree passing still evident in some cases
2. Frequent Handballs

Demo Rating: 9/10

If that is the case regarding pace being slowed down, it will be a disaster in my eyes. My main problem with fifa over the years was the terribly slow pace of the game, it lacked enjoyment. The world cup game changed that for the better.

Both fifa and pes demo’s are released today, should have a shot of both tonight at some point

Downloading it on 360 now Kris so I'll soon let you know how it plays on the "Fast" gamespeed setting.

I keep going on my xbox to try and download it but its not there, I don't get it? :S

Last edited:
Haha surely it should just bounce off you :S
I'll download it when I get back from Lunch meeting :)

I haven't even played a game yet lol, being Cech is too fun :D

Why are people moaning about Handballs ?? Makes it real .. The Refree personality will play a big part in the handballs .... You get some ref's giving handballs all the time then some ref's will let u away with it !! Fifa 11 #1

How is it how is it how is it?!?!

played 8 games this morning i have had six handballs four where pens i missed the 4 pens i love the new pen system much more realistic i do need to practice more lol i do think more people mite enjoy playing offilne more this year AI is much more harder to beat now i could not play fifa 10 offline it was two easy that just shows you how much the AI has inproved over the past year hats of to EA am off to play more

Regards

As soon as I get home from work I am going home, downloading it, masturbating all over the FIFA11 icon then playing it for a bit.

Playing it all morning if you set up a American account you can download it now on the PSN Store.

Dont know what to think of the game, Its going to take a bit to get used to started on World Class as thats what I always play Fifa on but my first 4 results were 0-0 0-0 0-0 and 1-0 to me.

Also how do you do good celebrations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back