The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to score in this game. My brother and I have played a lot of matches, and he was walking all over me earlier in the day when I kept choosing Barcelona (enjoyed playing them in FIFA '10), with the best result for me ending in a draw or a penalty win.

I've since changed to Chelsea, and I've managed 2 wins and 3 draws in the past 5 games we've played, so I definitely think my play-style lends itself to Chelsea rather than the Catalans.

This demo is most impressive, can't wait until actual release date, i just want to play a full match as a goalie lol

love the demo, and the fact that you can unlock somethings in it. Does anyone know what Fifa Superstars is? Is it a new name for Ultimate Team? Also, has anyone have any tips on taking penalties?? They are a pain in the ****!!

Also, has anyone have any tips on taking penalties?? They are a pain in the ****!!

Practice. I got the hang of it after 5 mins of Arena practising.

All I'm going to say about the demo is that it's going to take a tiny bit of time getting used to it. I did enjoy it, however, all my games ended in 0-0 draws (played 5 games) in which I won every penalty shootout - I didn't even concede a goal then, they were always shooting wayward or sky high.

I really hope the sound of hitting the post will be changed for when the game comes out, it actually annoys me.

the only annoying thing about it is we now have to wait 2 and a bit weeks for the full game :(

Im struggling to find any differences between this and world cup 2010 other than this has clubs.

Nice game, looks good but not really a different game to previous. Just a few usual EA gimmicks to try and cover the fact they are selling the same product in a different case.

If you dont own World Cup though and you want an authentic football experience then this is a must buy. 7/10

Im struggling to find any differences between this and world cup 2010 other than this has clubs.

Nice game, looks good but not really a different game to previous. Just a few usual EA gimmicks to try and cover the fact they are selling the same product in a different case.

If you dont own World Cup though and you want an authentic football experience then this is a must buy. 7/10

you made a mistake there woody which i changed for you (A)

Last edited by a moderator:
you made a mistake there woody which i changed for you (A)
Your giving a game which is virtually the same as a previous game yet charging full price for it 10/10? Interesting. EA will love you.

Last edited:
The only major difference is the addition of clubs (compared to WC) and the 360 battling thing

there is only so much fifa can keep adding to its game though.

At the end of the day, its a football game, you won't be able to change too much every year, I still think that they should make be-a-pro mode like PES where you start off really small and then get scouted by teams.

At the end of the day, its a football game, you won't be able to change too much every year, I still think that they should make be-a-pro mode like PES where you start off really small and then get scouted by teams.

yeah i like that feature pes has!

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

i think the biggest dissapointment is the fact that it seems no player seems to have any pace. have just kicked off and i give the ball to Ronaldo. now you'd expect him to breeze past Puyol who isn't the quickest but Puyol manages to keep up with him.....?

Yeah I've had that too. I've been looking into the new fifa 11 features and i'm liking some of the new things like being able to be a "player manager" in manager mode and being able to do practise friendlies against the computer with your online club.

could anyone plz give me some tips on how to score pks cuz ive tried n practiced but it still has not worked for me qnd its either i overshoot it or the guy slips so plz any tips

could anyone plz give me some tips on how to score pks cuz ive tried n practiced but it still has not worked for me qnd its either i overshoot it or the guy slips so plz any tips
Practice, practice, practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back