The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Arsenal after playing about 15 games aswell.

Whats the demo like people, i will be downloading it tonight. Is their much change from last year.

Cant stop playing, This Game is amazing!
Cant wait to sign Pato for United and rule the Premiership!

After a good few hours on the demo I have to say it's very different from FIFA 10 and the WC game. The pace of the game is slower so if you're a fan of WC then you'll probably be dissapointed.

Passing - It's still a little bit possible to ping pong but you don't really go anywhere by doing it, the AI positions itself well and will cut out loose balls and if that doesn't happen you'll end up hitting it out of play anyway. Pro passing is there but it's not really noticeable, I under/over hit a lot of passes and they still found their way to the intended target.

Shooting - The animations are very good and some of them slow you down as the animation evolves to shoot, it's not detrimental though, as you still get your shot away. I was a master of Free Kicks in 10 and so far I've only managed to hit the post with them. The penalties from the WC game make a return and I quite like it, it's far too easy to hit the target in FIFA 10 and you have to concentrate more in 11 to succeed from the spot.

Pressure - Big problem in FIFA 10 but coupled with the slower game speed it's not as bad. Towards the end of the game I noticed players stamina bars were pretty low but I didn't feel like I had to sub them, it's only a 3 minute demo so it was partly because I couldn't be arsed. The new stamina and fatigue system isn't present in the demo so I'll have to wait till the full product arrives to see if the pressure abuse has been fixed. It should still be a valid tactic to use high pressure but as long as it's not for an impossible 90 minutes then it won't be a problem.

Presentation - Don't think much to the menu but it's only a demo. The graphics are slighty better, seems a lot crisper and less dull than 10. Not a giant leap but you can't expect much more on the current gen systems.

Extras I noticed - I liked the celebrations, half the time I was getting annoyed with Nasri as he kept grabbing me after a goal and ruining my running celebrations. It was cool to see Del Piero jump on Amauri and celebrate with him, even though they were not involved in the goal.

Be a goalkeeper - The control scheme seems great on manual but assisted is boring, all you pretty much do is press A. The arena difficulty is set to amatuer so you can't expect the AI to test you much so again you'll have to wait for the full product to get a feel for this feature.

A demos purpose is to make you want to buy the game, this demo fullfils that promise for me. I played FIFA 10 straight after and it didn't feel as solid.

Looking forward to October 1st.

Edit* I completely forgot about 360 battle for possession, it's a great addition and no longer can you just turn a man be on your way, if you're right behind him you can hold him back if you're quick/strong enough for a chance to win it back.

Last edited:
Anyone else have issues with penalties on it? Just had a peno shootout with Madrid and it took 15 pens for one of us to score and that was down the middle and **** haha..

the thing that impresses me most is the way the AI defend and attack. Unlike previous Fifa's on this one you actually have to think about how to break down the defence rather than just walking through them, when they are attacking, **** some players are awesome, Messi did about 3 off my players then lobbed the keeper lol

just spent 30 mins downloading then when it was installing it says there was a problem :@

So started it again now 15% complete with 84 mins to go

Anyone no why ?

the thing that impresses me most is the way the AI defend and attack. Unlike previous Fifa's on this one you actually have to think about how to break down the defence rather than just walking through them, when they are attacking, **** some players are awesome, Messi did about 3 off my players then lobbed the keeper lol

this what i like about this years game playing offline is going to be a lot more fun

am on 11% for pro evo demo
its the amount of people downloading both demos thats why a lot of people are getting slow downloads my internet is fast but its still downloading slow

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Almunia? How do you play as Arsenal? I've got Real, Barca, Lyon, Leverkusen, Juve and Chelsea. No Arsenal?

how to unlock Arsenal on demo with out going on facebook

win 5 matches you unlock Arsenal
win 10 matches you unlock Emirates stadium
win 15 matches you unlock Gold transfer pack for fifa superstars

am on 11% for pro evo demo
its the amount of people downloading both demos thats why a lot of people are getting slow downloads my internet is fast but its still downloading slow

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

how to unlock Arsenal on demo with out going on facebook

win 5 matches you unlock Arsenal
win 10 matches you unlock Emirates stadium
win 15 matches you unlock Gold transfer pack for fifa superstars
I thought it was play 15?

Will download when I get home, can't wait :)

If anyone's interested in the PC demo, post in here and I'll write up a short summary of my thoughts on it. Just finished downloading it now.

Played 2 games (Madrid vs Barca and visa versa) and drew 0-0 on both games :( 3 minute halfs are soo annoying...
Being a GK on manual wasn't as enjoyable as I expected but once I grasp the controls more, I probably would enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back