The FIFA 11 Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 164K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only had connection problems on Online clubs, it results in everything being about a second behind for me, to the amusement of my fellow players even though most of them have the same problems.

Havent had any problems in other game mode, but i have only really played friends in Head to Head. I was surprise with the Lag issues as I have the top connection speed from Virgin Media, and never seem to have problems with any other game. EA Servers I suppose :S

The lag in my current game is a joke. Occasionally it freezes for a minute and has happened about 4 times so far. This first half has taken about 15 minutes and still only on the 40th minute. FFS. And I don't want to quit as its another 'defeat' and my DNF will go up. :@:@:@:@:@
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
I really hope the servers get sorted.

The lag in my current game is a joke. Occasionally it freezes for a minute and has happened about 4 times so far. This first half has taken about 15 minutes and still only on the 40th minute. FFS. And I don't want to quit as its another 'defeat' and my DNF will go up. :@:@:@:@:@
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
xd.gif
I really hope the servers get sorted.

have a look at the other guys gamercard, bet he's already finished playing, then check your player hub results. Sounds like what keeps happening to me.

have a look at the other guys gamercard, bet he's already finished playing, then check your player hub results. Sounds like what keeps happening to me.

Cheers man, I really hope this gets sorted.

EA I am disappointed.

Cheers man, I really hope this gets sorted.

EA I am disappointed.

Know what you mean, I keep getting your exact problem and when I check the other guys gamercard he's winning 6-1 when the score is 1-0 to me, I managed to finish one of these games once, it took around 15 minutes for one half. If I was you I'd just quit out and take the loss because it crashes at the end anyway :)

Sucks, but that's why I haven't played online recently.

For you hardnuts out there, I bring you the:

FIFA 11 Drinking Game.

ENJOY :)

You will need:
Copious amounts of alcohol,
FIFA 11,
An Xbox 360/PS3,
An extremely resistant liver,
Mates.

For those of you who are uneducated in the dark arts of drinking games, a finger is either a finger of lager/cider or a shot, it is best to play with pint glasses, but if you're pussying out, a can will do.

The game is divided up into 4 sections: Gameplay, Commentary, Individual Players and Other

Before we kick off, drink 2 fingers for every half-star your team is above the opposition.

GAMEPLAY:

- Goal kick = 1 finger to the shooter
- Corner kick = 1 finger to the defending side
- Concede a throw in = 1 finger.
- Concede a free kick = 2 fingers.
- Yellow Card = 2 fingers.
- Red Card = 4 fingers.
- Goal conceded = 4 fingers
- Lob the keeper = 2 fingers for the opposition
- Headed/Volleyed goal = 2 fingers for the opposition.
- Hit the bar = Both drink 2, for missing, and for not saving it.
- Give away a penalty = 4 fingers.
- Miss a penalty = 4 fingers. If your player falls over, add another 2 for looking a ****.
- Score a penalty = Opposition drinks 2, and the 4 more for conceding a goal.

- Substitutions made outside of half time (except for injury) = 4 fingers.

- If the game is 0-0 at half time = Finish your drink for being boring bastards.

- Pausing outside of designated sandwich/drinks breaks and/or half time = 4 fingers.

- Any player getting absolutely skinned by somebody else performing a skill move must drink 2 fingers.

- Anyone doing kick ups during the match must drink 2 for being a ****.

- Any player caught passing between defenders when in the lead must drink 2.

- Anyone caught playing from the "Blackburn Rovers" handbook of football (long balls) more than twice in a row will be punished with 1 finger.

- Anyone who's injured player sits on the side of the pitch to contemplate life must drink 2. If the player then decides to man it up and comes back on, other players must drink 2.

- Anyone who scores a bicycle kick/backheeled goal, sit back and watch as your stunned mates finish off their drinks, that's how it's done lads.

- Scoring an absolute screamer from outside 30 yards, 4 fingers for the opposition.

- Any cynical "I'll take a yellow" tackles to stop a player going through on goal results in 4 fingers, along with any punishment for cards and free kicks.

COMMENTARY:

- Every time Andy Gray and Martin Tyler comment on the teams/playing conditions before the game = 2 fingers

- Any time that Andy Gray and Martin Tyler talk about something other than the game because the game's so **** = 2 fingers

- Any time Andy Gray and Martin Tyler talk about the ball being in "the wide areas" everyone drinks 2.

PLAYERS:

- Last person to shout "you fat *******" after any fat player scores = 2 fingers.

- Gary Neville scores = Everybody finishes their drink.

- Lee Cattermole actually manages to make it through a game without getting sent off = 3 fingers for everybody.

- John Terry hits the post or falls over in a penalty shoot out = **** yourself laughing, and have 2 fingers, and another 4 fingers for the miss, and another 2 if he falls over.

- Drogba scores against Arsenal = 3 fingers

- Every time Nigel de Jong either injures, breaks someone's leg or karate kicks them = 4 fingers

- Robert Green fails to make a save = Remember the world cup, then finish your drink to drown your sorrows.

- Any player that fails to make Peter Crouch do the robot after he scores must drink 2 fingers.

- Lionel Messi runs a game, gets a goal and an assist, the other player must drink 3 fingers.

OTHER:

- If the squads are not previously updated in preparation for the session, and they have to be updated during it, the owner of the disc/console must see it off.

- Every time a player abuses the referee for being a ****** and/or other name = 2 fingers.

- Anyone who complains that they have to drink more because they've got bigger/fat fingers drinks 2, and loses some weight, fat ****.

- Anybody suggesting going on COD or PES "for a change" must down their drink and any other dregs left lying around. Behave man.

- Anybody who attempts to hold up the game so they can text their girl. Finish off your drink and get off the game. And take a 4 match suspension whilst you're there. FIFA comes first.

- If at any point the disc becomes "unreadable" or ceases to work. The person who's game/console it is must finish their drink, and find somebody who is fit to drive to go and buy a new copy.

- When a player of your nation scores, the last person to stand up and sing the national anthem drinks 4.

Haha what a game.

My favourite rule - Last person to shout "you fat *******" after any fat player scores = 2 fingers.

does anybody else find that clubs ranges from being awesome to quite possibly the most frustrating experience ever? just lost 4-1, and 3 of the goals my team could do nothing about, were down to ai players tripping over each other, defenders trying to volley head high crosses and so on... /end rant

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also i saw mentioned somewhere that there are issues with career mode, can someone explain what they are? i did try and read back through the thread to find out but got bored after like 17 pages

does anybody else find that clubs ranges from being awesome to quite possibly the most frustrating experience ever? just lost 4-1, and 3 of the goals my team could do nothing about, were down to ai players tripping over each other, defenders trying to volley head high crosses and so on... /end rant

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also i saw mentioned somewhere that there are issues with career mode, can someone explain what they are? i did try and read back through the thread to find out but got bored after like 17 pages

Best of having one player doing Any as the AI are awful when it comes to reading what the other human player is going to do

we did have one player as any that was the most frustrating thing! for example, one goal we conceded, the player in control of 'any' made a tackle... ball trickled free and struck another any player who randomly stuck his foot out (despite not currently being selected) knocked the ball past his own defence and into the path of the striker who having stumbled for being tackled was then through on goal

Last edited:
we did have one player as any that was the most frustrating thing! but players were still falling about and stuff... is there a specific button to make them head the ball clear rather than volley it? it seems to just be random

Nah, I think you just have to time it roughly right.

ha just realised i sound like a whiny ******.... i would like it known i do actually like this game! :-)

Why are red cards meaningless on clubs!!!!!!!!!!!
We were playing last night and a striker on the opposing team got sent off for a nasty foul which resulted in a second yellow card, but on their next attack he was still on the pitch.
Also i've seen players receive a straight red card and stay on the pitch, either the refs need to toughen up and actually kick the player off the pitch or better than that EA sort themselves out and actually give us something worth our annual £40.

does anyone know where to download add ons for fifa 11, like balls, kits etc?

There is a way to clear with a header instead of a volley, but it comes with good timing, and letting your player run free e.g. with PS3, when the ball is dropping, hold L2 and R2 and move forward a touch, maybe a yard, and clear as you would normally and he should head instead of kick.

There is a way to clear with a header instead of a volley, but it comes with good timing, and letting your player run free e.g. with PS3, when the ball is dropping, hold L2 and R2 and move forward a touch, maybe a yard, and clear as you would normally and he should head instead of kick.

you sir, are a genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back