The FIFA 12 Thread

the demo is out tommorrow 5PM in england, just in time for me coming in from rugby :D

First goal I conceded on the demo was a cut back. **** you fifa, **** you.

hi i was just wondering where if anyone know where the cheapest place it is to preorder the game thanks

First goal I conceded on the demo was a cut back. **** you fifa, **** you.

Is it ***-on-a-disc though? I'm going home in 20 minutes, canny wait to batter that demo all night until Champions League comes on.

Is it ***-on-a-disc though? I'm going home in 20 minutes, canny wait to batter that demo all night until Champions League comes on.

I have a few gripes with it. The new impact engine is a bit wank, I mean, I have slid in and tackled someone, got the ball, and then they have tripped up over my feet about half a second after I have pushed the ball away, and they get a free kick? Then other times, I have come in, got no where near the ball, taken them out, and they haven't got a free kick, and they have done the same to me, plenty of times. Also, the ref has got in the way of the game about... 5 times in the 3 matches I have played, way too many in other words. Also, the goalkeepers are either terrible, or godlike, Joe Hart can't catch one match and likes just prodding the ball to the opposition when he saves it, the next match the OM keeper is gods gift to goalkeepers, it's like.. really? I mean, where is the middle ground. Also, not sure I like the new defending, I liked the pressure you could put on in fifa 11, with the A button, but now they don't attempt to tackle, just kind of jog next to them, you have to press B to like, pull them back or tackle them, but they seem to be able to just bypass that with ease. I am playing on World Class, well my first 3 games were, I won 2 lost 1, trying out the other difficulties now to see how much easier they are. Also, I think.. 3 or 4 of the Barca players are over 90 overall rating, I am sure they weren't that good in the last game.

I imagine it will grow on me, but there are some things they have changed which, personally, I wouldn't have.

I have a few gripes with it. The new impact engine is a bit wank, I mean, I have slid in and tackled someone, got the ball, and then they have tripped up over my feet about half a second after I have pushed the ball away, and they get a free kick? Then other times, I have come in, got no where near the ball, taken them out, and they haven't got a free kick, and they have done the same to me, plenty of times. Also, the ref has got in the way of the game about... 5 times in the 3 matches I have played, way too many in other words. Also, the goalkeepers are either terrible, or godlike, Joe Hart can't catch one match and likes just prodding the ball to the opposition when he saves it, the next match the OM keeper is gods gift to goalkeepers, it's like.. really? I mean, where is the middle ground. Also, not sure I like the new defending, I liked the pressure you could put on in fifa 11, with the A button, but now they don't attempt to tackle, just kind of jog next to them, you have to press B to like, pull them back or tackle them, but they seem to be able to just bypass that with ease. I am playing on World Class, well my first 3 games were, I won 2 lost 1, trying out the other difficulties now to see how much easier they are. Also, I think.. 3 or 4 of the Barca players are over 90 overall rating, I am sure they weren't that good in the last game.

I imagine it will grow on me, but there are some things they have changed which, personally, I wouldn't have.

What are the chances of me hating this?

Apparently you can change back to Fifa 11 defending Dunc. In the start menu, not sure how because i've not been on the demo. Odd how they have the option to do that though if its true...

Edit - settings, scroll to bottom - tactical defending - change it to "legacy"

Last edited:
It's stupid, you can't make tight, if someone's running at you, you're player just ducks to the side and lets them through, or stands off running infront of them, I mean.. really?

Also, when slide tackling, I have tried so many times, probably about 20/30 times, to hack someone out, just to see what this new engine is like, I think I have managed to actually take the player out about 3 times, they normally just skip away, these aren't just slide tackles, I am sliding them from about a yard away, they should be going down. Atleast it should be harder for the noobs to get sent off in online clubs, but yeah, basically, I ******* hate the new defending with a passion.

I will have a look to see if I can change it back to Fifa 11 defending, but I imagine it would be pretty pointless to have that option, but I will deffo be using it if they do.

Not the first person I've seen complain about the defending Dunc and sadly thats the only thing im decent at with my pro!

Strange that they've released the PS3 demo a day later. Originally both were supposed to come out today, wonder what changed.

some minor changes, after that Psn hack attack.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

which one should i download, international, UK, or where i reside, north america

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

right i just started playing, and everying things change. but the worst **** is the cntrollers. i dont even have one, and there is no place to change it. i then foud which to passs or shott, but is o cramped.

anyone know where to reconfig the keys like how it was in fifa 11.

anyone know where to reconfig the keys like how it was in fifa 11.
Right before you start a game, on the screen with play match, team management and all that there is controller. Go in there and you can change the keys :)

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Beat Barca 3-1, RVP got a second half hattrick (H)

The last FIFA I had was 09, so the game has come along a fair bit from that but I'm not sure how much better it is over recent games. Never played it on computer either so I barely have any idea as to what to do :p

Right before you start a game, on the screen with play match, team management and all that there is controller. Go in there and you can change the keys :)

not that. i mean for Key baord., using 'waxd' and e as sprint. arrows for movement.

edit: i got a addon, a gamepad fix, using fifa 11 version, but still the having issues. like all of a sudden i try to put pressure by the defenc, and my gk comes along. lol.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Beat Barca 3-1, RVP got a second half hattrick (H)

The last FIFA I had was 09, so the game has come along a fair bit from that but I'm not sure how much better it is over recent games. Never played it on computer either so I barely have any idea as to what to do :p

well fifa 09 for pc was were i stated, and control's are definite. and fifa 10 came, but the grapics was horrible for pc ONLY. fifa 11 came, and ***** changes, both goodly and badly. good was the graphics, and bad was the controls.

i think fifa is trying to annex the keyboard useage for games, and making worst for peps like mee. that dont have a controler. sigh!

Pes is more democratic, #justsaying

not that. i mean for Key baord., using 'waxd' and e as sprint. arrows for movement.
Thats where I went to change some buttons for my keyboard.

It's mainly set-up for a controller, but you can change the keys as well.

while all this criticising is fine with me,
i hope that people dont forget that this is only a demo and as it says it is not a final representation of the game.

i know it the demo, im just worried about the keyboard mapings.

The defending is pretty hard to get used to, I'm so used to jockeying whilst holding A but now, it's daft to even try and hold A because your player just stands about 6 foot away from them. It's going to take something special to be able to defend well on clubs. I think, for now, I'm going to stick with my CAM position that I have used throughout FIFA 11. I know I'll get used to it, it's just like any other game you want to play that is new, practice makes perfect. Can't wait to start a career on it!