The FIFA 12 Thread

The new defending controls are definitely going to take some getting used to. All in all though it feels like you have more control over the players this year round. Looking forward to the full game.

The new defending controls are definitely going to take some getting used to. All in all though it feels like you have more control over the players this year round. Looking forward to the full game.

Agree with you 100%. I've always had this habbit of always holding the short tackle button, which is usually the A button. I switched the controls last night and that seemed to be my downfall. My defenders kept leaping in and losing that yard or two.

I think keepers look far more confident than ever before. Much more control & finally players are overlapping!!!!!

Not liking it so far, I think it's gonna need getting used too, but of course I will buy it, cos it's FIFA 12 :p

This is all I'm going to be playing until my game is delivered xD, I want to be able to do a season and do relatively well on legendary so I'm getting well used to this!

Loving the passing and through balls, work really well. The new defending is pretty lame, whats the point in backing off a mile yet following them? Old system seemed to work fine anyway...

Not really the right attitude.

To be fair, a lot of people buy it because they do every year, so it becomes kind of habit, and it is probably the game most of their mates will have, as well as cod, in my experience anyway.

Starting to get a bit more used to the controls. The B button tackle is quite good, don't give away many fouls, hardly using the A button any more, unless I am trying to force someone down the wing or on to their weaker foot.

It is still annoying the computer does so many cut backs, but I suppose its representative of online play and real life. I mean, look at the Mata goal last night. :)

To be fair, a lot of people buy it because they do every year, so it becomes kind of habit, and it is probably the game most of their mates will have, as well as cod, in my experience anyway.

Starting to get a bit more used to the controls. The B button tackle is quite good, don't give away many fouls, hardly using the A button any more, unless I am trying to force someone down the wing or on to their weaker foot.

It is still annoying the computer does so many cut backs, but I suppose its representative of online play and real life. I mean, look at the Mata goal last night. :)

And Pedro's goal Vs Milan, Messi cutting back.

Liking it a lot so far. Much prefer the tackling system. Takes some skill to tackle rather than holding down the A/B button in Fifa 11.

How easy was Semi pro on the demo though! Im pants at fifa on my own even vs the computer controlled players but Semi Pro was like Amateur on Fifa 11....

Overall it's very good, only problems I have is the defending is hard to get used to and once again ea have overrated ibrahimovic. 89 overall is way too much plus he's big and quick with 5 star skill moves. Seems they make him too good every year.

I downloaded it last night - its most average. Pretty much the same as the last FIFA, which is alright I guess. I tend to enjoy the newer fifas more for new features/ game modes instead of the 5% graphic improvement and slight AI tweak. Seems to be more faces/ traits this year, but still imo most average.

Ibrahimovic has won a league with 5 different clubs, he's nothing short of amazing. I think the ratins are pretty much spot on, especially Messi. Everyone has ranted and raved about him being by far the best player in the world over the last season and now he's rated 95 on FIFA, everyone is complaining :S

Overall it's very good, only problems I have is the defending is hard to get used to and once again ea have overrated ibrahimovic. 89 overall is way too much plus he's big and quick with 5 star skill moves. Seems they make him too good every year.

Thats cause Ibra is a beast ;)

I dont normally care/notice much but this years faces are spot on (demo teams anyway)

Last edited:

I just think that’s a very simple approach.
‘I’ll get it because it’s fifa’
or because
‘everyone else has it’

Ibrahimovic has won a league with 5 different clubs, he's nothing short of amazing. I think the ratins are pretty much spot on, especially Messi. Everyone has ranted and raved about him being by far the best player in the world over the last season and now he's rated 95 on FIFA, everyone is complaining :S

95 is about right IMO. Will be nice to see what Ronaldo is, 93/94 I hope.

I just think that’s a very simple approach. or because

Well I buy it because I enjoy the game.... As do my friends..... So we play it together online and at each others houses with a few beers.

95 is about right IMO. Will be nice to see what Ronaldo is, 93/94 I hope.

Yeah ronaldo is 93 overall.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Nothing wrong with Messi's rating IMO, I think ibra should be around 86 overall, on a par with aguero.