The FIFA 12 Thread

Maybe that means city players will finally be on the front cover, fed up of seeing shrek on it every year. more excited for fifa now <3

Maybe that means city players will finally be on the front cover, fed up of seeing shrek on it every year. more excited for fifa now <3

Rooney will still be on the front, probably means Eastlands will be on the game and that the City players will have their real faces.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Preview of Fifa 12 game featuring Manchester City - Manchester City FC

Good to see Fifa have included another stadium, even if its Eastlands.

Not exactly a bad thing. I'd be pretty annoyed if they just kept updating the graphics every year rather than sort out the gameplay. From what I've heard, the teams that'll be getting the "starheads'' this year are : Aston Villa, Man City, Newcastle, Vancouver Whitecaps (ridiculous), Milan, PSG, Germany and Marseille. Pretty ticked off that United aren't getting it but apparently our links to PES are preventing that, ditto for Barca & Bayern Munich.

Yeah ridiculous that they're showing some level of support to the biggest local team for where they've developed the FIFA series for over 18 years now...

Yeah ridiculous that they're showing some level of support to the biggest local team for where they've developed the FIFA series for over 18 years now...

They were founded in 2009, they're not a big club and that is what David Rutter has promised to use this technology on first. Ok, maybe some of the biggest teams won't get done because of their allegiance to PES, I can understand that; but I gurantee there won't be too many people happy with their choice of clubs. The people at EA are always banging on about how much time it takes to get the starheads done, limiting the amount of teams they can do a year...so why bother using it on a team which hardly anyone will use? Including Whitecaps in the demo will/would be "showing some level of support'' :S

Really dont know what the big thing about starheads are the arsenal in 11 look like they do in real life

City announce partnership with EA Sports ahead of Fifa 12.
5rv7cn

teh sheik does what ever he wants. ;P

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

[video=youtube;m0F1wXzx-VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0F1wXzx-VQ[/video]

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Not exactly a bad thing. I'd be pretty annoyed if they just kept updating the graphics every year rather than sort out the gameplay. From what I've heard, the teams that'll be getting the "starheads'' this year are : Aston Villa, Man City, Newcastle, Vancouver Whitecaps (ridiculous), Milan, PSG, Germany and Marseille. Pretty ticked off that United aren't getting it but apparently our links to PES are preventing that, ditto for Barca & Bayern Munich.

Ahem!!!!!.

FYI
FIFA 12 is developed by EA Canada, and their HQ is in Britsh Columbia. thats why the Whitecaps are sponsered

*so was fifa 11

Last edited:
Wow, money really can buy you everything it would seem.

Glad the City of Manchester Stadium.. oh wait, the Etihad Stadium is included this year although I do reckon stadiums like Villa Park, White Hart Lane what about Ibrox, Celtic Park? and a few others deserve to be in it more in my opinion.

I must say though, the attention to detail in the little things like the players tunnel area for example is brilliant.. Just hope they've taken the time to do the same at all the stadiums they have included in the game!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about authentic player faces?

Last edited:
Good to see Eastlands on their. I still think they should create every EPL stadium, would give the game a lot of personality. IMO that's what it needs, it has all the gameplay features in place to be epic, they just need to add a few things which would make it more lifelike. Starting with better crowds and crowd noise, hopefully included in fifa 13.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** about authentic player faces?

What's the point in authentic player names? Authentic teams? Authentic Stadiums? Authentic Leagues?.. I love the player faces, it's what makes FIFA, FIFA!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Good to see Eastlands on their. I still think they should create every EPL stadium, would give the game a lot of personality. IMO that's what it needs, it has all the gameplay features in place to be epic, they just need to add a few things which would make it more lifelike. Starting with better crowds and crowd noise, hopefully included in fifa 13.

Should make them downloadable content or add a stadium editor.

What's the point in authentic player names? Authentic teams? Authentic Stadiums? Authentic Leagues?.. I love the player faces, it's what makes FIFA, FIFA!

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Should make them downloadable content or add a stadium editor.

Yeah, but you can actually see the names. You can only see the player faces in the starting up scenes which the other guy won't skip and the celebrations in which the other guy runs like an *** down the the corner flag before he does a backflip.

IMO Hillsborough should be on it ! One of the oldest stadiums in england, 40,000 seater but unfortunately known for the wrong reason, YNWA

FIFA 12 took home 20 awards after press got their hands on the game at E3 2011, including the coveted Game Critics Best Sports Game award.

284485_10150264241729288_191027189287_7381830_4657084_n.jpg

Manchester City home kit unveiled in FIFA 12;

281885_10150265691469288_191027189287_7398143_582495_n.jpg

EA Sports are an official sponsor of Vancouver Whitecaps, like they are with Chelsea and Arsenal and are based right next to them, it's not ridiculous at all!

I know it's semi off topic, but it seemed pointless making a new thread.

If I was pre-ordering this online from the UK, where would be the best place to get it from? Atm I'm looking at game.co.uk but figured people over there may have a better idea of what places may be cheaper. Thanks :)

I know it's semi off topic, but it seemed pointless making a new thread.

If I was pre-ordering this online from the UK, where would be the best place to get it from? Atm I'm looking at game.co.uk but figured people over there may have a better idea of what places may be cheaper. Thanks :)

Amazon have been good for me in the past, day early and decent price :)