The Fight For Survival - Wigan Athletic

yes guys this stories back! and will be going strong haha looking to push on tonight to the end of this season and in to the next!

Wigans Biggest Game Of The Season Heralds Heroic Performance

Reading 3-5 Wigan
Roberts (1) Church (55) Hanly (OG,71) Morrison Red Card 27 , Goodwillie (7) Zaha (14) McCarthy (37) Suso (81,86)

James-McCarthy-celebrates-007.jpg

A sensational game. Reminded me of the two games between Liverpool and Newcastle in the 90's. The difference between us and them was once again Suso, a truly class player. With just three games to go we are in a decent position level on points with Reading now who are in 2nd. We have just Hull at home, Birmingham away and Blackburn at Home. Not the easiest games, but playing those in and around us particularly run away leaders Blackburn leaves our fate in our hands.

Last edited:
tvnr-2010-09-01-15h02m30s236.jpg

The Championship Season Draws To A Close

Wigan 0-1 Hull
Tomlin (21)

Brady_2625663.jpg

Very, very dissapointing, with just two games to go it seems though automatic promotion has now gone. Even being just three points behind Reading they have a far easier run in too ourselves. If it is the play-offs for us then we have completley thrown this season away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birmingham 1-1 Wigan
Spector (20) , Zaha (86)

article-1241926-07CED3EA000005DC-975_468x327.jpg

This was always going to be a difficult game, not only did it see our dreams of automatic promotion go up in flames, it has us needing a win to guarentee just a play-off position on the final day at home to the champions Blackburn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wigan Blow It On The Last Day!
Wigan 1-1 Blackburn
Zaha (27) , Hanley (OG 82)

Blackpool-manager-Ian-Hol-007.jpg

Wigan have today thrown away what looked like a sure fire promotion just a few weeks ago. Ian Holloways men have not only dropped out of the automatic promotion places over the last few weeks, but on the last day of the season the Championships biggest spenders have dropped out of the play-offs. Holloways position is now in doubt as Wigan's head honcho, Holloway had a clear brief before the start of the season and failing to even make the play-offs may be deemed as not good enough by Wigan's outspoken chairman Dave Whelan.
Holloway commented after the game that he was 'bitterly dissapointed and sorry to all Wigan fans this season, for letting the club and supporters down.'
The day comes as a double kick in the teeth for Holloway who citied his move from beloved Blackpool as a 'major chance to get back to the top flight.' However in a unlikely twist it is Blackpool who look set for a shot at promotion after moving above Holloway's men on the last day of the season.

Final League Table:

Awards:

Manager of the Season - Brian McDermott - Reading
Top Goalscorer - Etien Velikonja - Watford
Player of the Year - Robert Snodgrass - Leeds
Young Player of the Year - Wilfried Zaha - Wigan

Last edited:
Whelan: I Was Left With No Choice!
Holloway Sacked by Latics

Things often move fast in the game of football, and just twenty four hours after Wigan missed out on as little as a play-off place. Wigan owner Dave Whelan has wielded the Axe for the 2nd time in 18months. 'yes we know its not the way to build a club hiring and firing' stated Whelan, 'we know the next time we employ someone it will be four guys in around 17 months.' Speaking as to why he felt the need to remove Holloway, Whelan said, 'Look we had a clear brief, everyone new that. We spent the most and therfore rightly demanded the most it hasnt happened, and we've taken the action. We now look to move on and appoint a successor.' Asked if he had anyone in mind and how soon he thought they would have their new man Whelan was extremley confident. 'Yeh we have and we've contacted his representitives, we want a hardballer, and yeh it could be done with twenty-four to forty-eight hours.'

ian-holloway.jpg

Holloway left to wonder why he ever left Blackpool?

look forward to it..i will look to make another story soon..probs with arsenal as i am doing a save which is going well at the mo..

Sky-Sports-News-006.jpg

Wigan Confirm Malky Mackay As New Manager

Malky-Mackay-007.jpg

Wigan have today confirmed that they have appointed former Cardiff manager Malky Mackay on a two-year contract. The former Watford and Cardiff man who famously took the Welsh club to within a spot kick off being Carling Cup Champions joins Wigan who suffered bitter dissapointment at the back end of last season.
A statement on Wigan's website from owner Dave Whelan said Mackay was the 'sensible' appoinment. 'He's a top guy who knows the league.' Whelan stated. 'He plays some decent stuff and has good prowess, i believe he has the capabilities to get this football club out of the league. We wont have the biggest budget this year so we need a man who we know can get the best out of all the players. Malky is that man, i spoke to him yesterday and he left me in no doubt that he was the man for this role.'
'We know what we expect and so does he, i dont think it particularly needs to go on record but this club needs top flight football for financial security.'

Can you upload the premierleague march again, it is "invalid or deleted file."

hope u haven't stopped this, if you have could u upload the game or the premier league table