callamity

Reaction score
Hey guys welcome to my shiny new thread, I have made a new thread as something went wrong when I was editing my old one and I managed to delete the whole thread and leave a bit that was supposed to be at the top.

I am calling the new tactic the final cut, it is long overdue and is going to be the final update of my Callamity's best tactic. It has been updated and tweaked to the best of my ability and I now feel it is the most optimal that I can put out there..

The formation remains a 4141 as shown below.

View attachment 366618

The most noticable differences are that both wing backs are on attacking duty and the centre forward is now advanced forward. This will allow overloads in the wide areas, and your wingers will play a little more centrally, these changes make the tactic more potent going forward, but also a little more vulnerable at the back, it is important to have wingbacks who can cope with the work load. This should be your priority when improving the team.
Your winger and strikers will benefit from having lots of pace, I had suarez, and remy scoring over a goal per game in most test saves, whilst wolfswinkel scored around 1 per game. Norwich are a smaller side ofc.

Player Roles: Playing very fluid we require all players to take part in all stages of play, therefore mostly generic roles have been chosen.

Goalkeeper : Defend, simply set up for stopping goals going in.
Wing backs : one support/one attack, creates movement between the lines to allow for more passing options.
centre backs : defend, simple again break up attacks and play it to more creative players.
Anchor Man: Defend, sits in the hole between the defense and midfield, breaks up play and recycles possession.
Centre midfielders: one support/one attack, again creates further movement between the lines.
Wingers: Attack, provide width, playing in crosses and showing up at back post to contribute to some goals.
Advanced forward: Attack, makes horizontal runs, drags defenders around, creating space and scoring goals.

Player attributes: Here is a list of the most important attributes for each position-Top line most important, middle line medium importance and third line is least important but are good to have.

Along with the following attributes if not mentioned, passing, technique, determination, teamwork and workrate are of benefit in all area's along with good physical attributes.

Player attributes: Here is a list of the most important attributes for each position-Top line most important, middle line medium importance and third line is least important but are good to have.

Along with the following attributes if not mentioned, passing, technique, determination, teamwork and workrate are of benefit in all area's along with good physical attributes.

GK - Ariel Ability, Handling, one on ones, reflexes, positioning, agility, throwing
Command of area, composure, concentration, decisions,
Throwing, Kicking, Determination and bravery.

FB's - Tackling, Marking, Crossing, Positioning, Stamina, Acceleration
Dribbling, Decisions, Work rate, pace
Long Throws, Determination, Composure.

CB's - Strength, Jumping, Positioning, Heading, Tackling, Marking
Decisoins, composure, concentration, determination
pace, accelleration, teamwork, work rate, anticipation
PPM's: Marks Opponent Tightly, Runs rarely with ball, Stays back at all times

Anchor - Work rate, Strength, Tackling, Marking, Heading
Positioning, Determination, Anticipation, concentration, decisions
PPM's: Marks Opponent Tightly, Runs rarely with ball, Stays back at all times, Plays no through balls

CM - Passing, Workrate, Long shots, Creativity, Good Physical stats (this is in general)
First touch, Dribbling, Decisions, off the ball, positioning, teamwork
Composure, Anticipation, finishing.
PPM's: Gets into opposition area,

Wingers - Crossing, Dribbling, Technique, Pace, Accelleration
Passing, Agility, Balance, Flair
Decisions, off the ball, Stamina
PPM's: Runs with ball often, Runs with ball down (side) Gets forward whenever possible.

Advanced forward- off the ball, first touch, finishing, Pace, acceleration, composure
Teamwork, work rate, long shots, dribbling
lair, agility, balance, anticipation.
PPM's: moves into channels

Training: general training balanced/average during season. with match prep as you see fit, i tried them all here including set pieces to no noticable difference in performance. allow rest after match ticked.

preseason. team cohesion/high with match prep on tactics. no rest in between games at all.

I also tested both with opposition instructions and without, I find that the better your team is then these are also less important, whilst the smaller your team is these become more important. so;

Big club: no OI's
Medium club: your preference
Small Club: Assistant Manager does OI's, unless you feel more competent than him...

results

These varied slightly from test to test, I forgot to keep a SS of the norwich save where I completed the 19 game test. I ran a quick 10 game test to show some results with small team

View attachment 366617 View attachment 366616
got Norwich test to 19 games after not being able to sleep xD
View attachment 366476

4 points off top spot with some bad luck you will notice in the results screen... dunno what chelsea were on with their goal tally but we beat them 3-0.

Newcastle and Liverpool tests:
View attachment 366615 View attachment 366614

Both sitting pretty on top of the league.

I would like to point out that none of these teams have a squad which matches this tactic, yet it has performed very well with them.

Diavolo has been kind enough to add in his set piece routines, thanks mate. This is the tweaked SP version, I recommend you try this.

Thank you all for your support in my last thread, and good luck

Last edited:
Will defo try with UTD mate looks good and keep up good work. Will post some results tomorrow :)

I will use it on my palace save tomorrow already 3rd season but should be able to give some feedback.

Here you go...nothing special, it is set up, that always worked. It is not world beater, but its balanced, specially defensive, which is the most important.

I dont know about CMs duties tho....who is supposed to be a playmaker, more technical midfielder? I believe that a support guy.

View attachment 366601

Here you go...nothing special, it is set up, that always worked. It is not world beater, but its balanced, specially defensive, which is the most important.

I dont know about CMs duties tho....who is supposed to be a playmaker, more technical midfielder? I believe that a support guy.

View attachment 620649

Thank you I will add this to OP.

In regards to most technical player I put in the cm(a), Though I prefer more box to box type players in both CM positions, wanyama, sissoko, pogba etc when I;m not a big team I normally buy sergi roberto for 1m off transfer list at the end of the season. He plays excellent in the cm(a) position :D

Thank you I will add this to OP.

In regards to most technical player I put in the cm(a), Though I prefer more box to box type players in both CM positions, wanyama, sissoko, pogba etc when I;m not a big team I normally buy sergi roberto for 1m off transfer list at the end of the season. He plays excellent in the cm(a) position :D

Before go to bed...why not box to box roles then? Where is the tricky thing...

Here is my first 10 games with Liverpool
View attachment 366480
View attachment 366478

PS: If you look, I only draw 2 games. Against Everton they got lucky, cause' Mignolet make two dumb mistakes, but even with the bad result (3x1 to then) my team fought and draw the game, but unfortunately lost on penalties. And the draw against Hull, agaiin Mignolet make a dumb move and droppet the ball on the central forward opponent.

Anyway, the tatic is perfect. I wanna see how she'll react after December, December is usually difficult.

Last edited:
Here is my first 10 games with Liverpool
View attachment 620936
View attachment 620939

PS: If you look, I only draw 2 games. Against Everton they got lucky, cause' Mignolet make two dumb mistakes, but even with the bad result (3x1 to then) my team fought and draw the game, but unfortunately lost on penalties. And the draw against Hull, agaiin Mignolet make a dumb move and droppet the ball on the central forward opponent.

Anyway, the tatic is perfect. I wanna see how she'll react after December, December is usually difficult.

Qual versão?

what version?

This tactic look very nice!

There is only one point to think about - does it work with "real" underdogs (media pred. last one)?

I'll test it tonight with with some underdogs like "Braunschweig" (Germany first Division) or "Real Valladolid" (Primera Div).

Looks like some good results and I'm pleased to see someone setting up a good tactic for 4141/451. I like the look of how these formations shape up on paper as each position should be able to help in both attack and defence. Looks like a good job :)

Any suggestions for a mid-tier side when you get dominated in possession?

Any suggestions for a mid-tier side when you get dominated in possession?

Hi mate in all my testing I did not change the tactic in any way, The average possession stat for all teams tested was around the 50% mark. The only time the teams did not perform properly it was because of individual performances, so I substituted underperforming players.

What's the difference between the two versions?

The tweaked SP has Diavolo's set pieces in, In my opinion these are an improvement over my own, once I have enough results to prove this I will be removing the original so there is only one download.

callamity

Why without player instructions?

I use player instructions only if I want a player to perform a specific job, for example the striker has move into channels, I wanted him to make more horizontal runs, opening up space, and creating more goal scoring opportunities.

Hi! Two questions, how high do you have the scheduling on, 30 -40 %? And is there any ppms i should unlearn for this tactic? Gonna give this a go with Man U :)

Last edited: