Tactic hasn't been going as well for me so far this season, I think it's mainly down to having a really tough run of fixtures against good teams, which meant that the morale of my players dropped, which meant that we just couldn't get anywhere. But I just beat Man Utd 3-1, morale is getting better. Expecting to get back on track now and have another great season using this tactic!

Tactic hasn't been going as well for me so far this season, I think it's mainly down to having a really tough run of fixtures against good teams, which meant that the morale of my players dropped, which meant that we just couldn't get anywhere. But I just beat Man Utd 3-1, morale is getting better. Expecting to get back on track now and have another great season using this tactic!

I had big problems getting my team going in my second season after finishing 2nd with Hertha Berlin in the first season, ended up in 11th. But I think it might be down to me bringing in to many players over the summer.
Will be interesting to see how I it goes for the third season.

Keep us updated on how you season pan out.

I had big problems getting my team going in my second season after finishing 2nd with Hertha Berlin in the first season, ended up in 11th. But I think it might be down to me bringing in to many players over the summer.
Will be interesting to see how I it goes for the third season.

Keep us updated on how you season pan out.

both of these are reasons why the "second season myth" was brought about, team morale is effected by changes, squad changes, results etc. I tend to sign few players each year, maybe 1 or 2 important signings to boost the squad, the rest is just replacements if i sell someone. hopefully it picks up for you mate. I havent played much and got bored quickly with this cos i won everything every year. im playing as celtic now till the transfer window closes using a 4231 i made up. its been fun, got to quarter final of champions league in first season. where i lost 4-2 to bayern on aggregate.

Is the 4231 good in defence as your other two tactics callamity?

It is ok mate, I conceded 26 goals all season won domestic treble topped my group in champions league. Put out psg, and shakhtar. But being Celtic it is hard to fully judge whether it was luck that got me through the champions league or not as domestic is so easy. I might run a wee England test see how that goes

Won the Capitol One Cup :) Sitting 9th in the Premier League, I'm 2 games behind most teams so should be able to climb a few more places still. Was worried at the start of the season as we got off to a really slow start, but everything has turned out pretty good in he end. I hope you make an FM15 tactic that brings me as much success as this one :)

Hi Callamity! I have only one question, what player do you take of if red carded? :) Great tactic btw, having great results with Man U! :)

Last edited:
Hi Callamity! I have only one question, what player do you take of if red carded? :) Great tactic btw, having great results with Man U! :)

I will normally take off a winger, the wingback will then provide the width for that side so the team should not loose too much balance

I tried to use it in Skrill NS team Gosport... After 15 games the results are disaster. I hate this FM 2014...

I used Volante and Magic rectangle in my Fenerbahçe after 3 seasons always inconsistent...

I used Danilo and Unreal in my Palermo after some fantastic results again inconsistent...

I used this tactic with my Gosport, it was a disaster. I am sure your tactic is fantastic but this game sucks...

I want some joy with a small team. All people choose united,city,arsenal and said my tactic is fantastic...

I love this game for the stories not for stupid AI conditions and change tactics...

Thank you for sharing this tactic. Gonna try this one with Dutch side Cambuur. As they are a huge relegation candidate, with not the best backs on my side; will this tactic work with a less attacking mentality? And with a little less attack-minded backs?