Me and Lippo will likely be the final match then, come on Matt, set up a grandstand finish!

Yep!

My laptop has finally finished updating, so hopefully we'll be starting soon :)

Australia Claim Inaugural FM-Base Ashes in Style!

View attachment 233102

View attachment 233101

Well there really isn't too much I can say about this. David Silva was unbelievable, Neymar picked up a hat trick and Messi a brace as the Australian side sliced the Poms defence apart at will. Only the woodwork and David De Gea prevented the scoreline from being even more embarrassing, as the English surrendered meekly after a spirited fight for most of the Ashes series! To be fair to Matt419, both of us knew it was over by half time, and so there was little to no tactical adjustments from then on, and so the match continued in the same one-sided vein in the second half. 8 Clear Cut Chances, 7 Half Chances, 3 times off the woodwork. We also scored two marginally offside goals, through Silva and Pogba. England didn't have a sniff all game, with 8 of their 14 shots coming from range, whilst we had almost constant scoring chances, only 3 long shots from 28.

Thanks to Matt for a game played in good spirits - no mean feat considering how atrociously his team played. You can't blame the manager when not a single player decides to show up, whereas I was fortunate enough to have my side follow my instructions to the letter.

Thanks to all of the England team for a brilliant and good-natured Ashes series! I know that everyone had a great deal of fun and that regardless of the result of a match, it was played in good spirits and was enjoyable for everyone involved! Godfish, Lewie, Disclaimer, Craig and Matt were all worthy opponents and represented their country with distinction.

And my Australian team mates, Yeti, Kaarto, Feliks and Captain Lippo - great work guys! We did what the cricketers couldn't and brought the Ashes back to Australia - where they belong!! :D

Darn it, i was hoping for an epic conclusion, but oh well.

Well done Patrick, Yeti, Lippo, Feliks and Kaarto, well deserved winners, it was a pleasure playing you guys. After the first test i thought we would really struggle but we did brilliantly to come back and win the next two, we've fallen short but we certainly haven't disgraced ourselves, the series really has been great, some fun matches which could have swung either way. Great fun to be involved in.

Hopefully i can take something out of the match against Lippo to make it look a bit better for us, regardless though, well done guys. :)

Well done guys! It was close but we just couldn't pull it off in the end. Fantastic series to be apart off!

Maybe we should do the 6 nations at some point ;P (Replace France/Italy with Australia though.

Woo hoo!! We done Patty!

Thanks heaps to Fish, Disco, Craig, Matt and Lewie for the games - it really did go all the way down to the wire. As Pat said every game was played in good spirits and overall the series was very enjoybale.

Well done Patty boy wrapping it up in style!

I will do a bit of a stats summary & try to work out a player of the series after my match with Craig is complete.

Thank you so much to everyone who participated, it really has been a great series & fun getting to know you all a little bit.

To the English, there is always next year ;)

To the Aussies, well done guys. The Urn is headed down under, long may it remain!

Australia Strike Lucky in Final Ashes Match

In what was perhaps the most lop sided match of the 2015 FM Base Ashes series, Aussie captain, Lippo255, has withstood an English barrage to defy the odds & put the icing on Australia's Ashes triumph.

View attachment 232087

View attachment 232086

As you can see, poor old Craig has been well & truly FMed, as I trotted out an experimental formation in an attempt to keep my WC plans a secret.

Manuel Neuer had a terrific game, our defence managed to block a ridiculous number of the English attempts & when we were presented with a chance, we took it. Honestly am as close to speechless as I get.

Thanks to Craig for the fun game, although it was probably more frustrating then fun for you mate ;)

I will try to get the final test wrap, overall player stats & award winners up today while I'm at work, if not it will be this afternoon Aus time. :)

Congrats to Lippo, that's just the way FM goes sometimes i guess haha, been great to be involved!

I may be a defeated captain, but I'm pretty **** proud we all managed to pull this series off without a hitch. Kudos to the Aussies, but don't forget that little urn is only on loan to you, we'll be having it back soon enough. To my English cohort, well played lads, it just wasn't our series.

Echoing Lippo's thoughts, thanks to everyone who has taken part, read or commented in the Ashes. Without you guys, none of this would have been possible.

English stats

PlayerWinsLosesDrawsForAgainstGDPoints
Godfish041719-121
Disclaimer3201211+19
Matt3201316-39
Lewie131815-74
Craig2301211+16

Aussie Stats

PlayerWinsLosesDrawsForAgainstGDPoints
Lippo4101611+512
Yeti3111810+810
Patrick320156+99
Kaarto2301215-36
Feliks211117+47

Awards

The Golden Boot

Yeti01 - 18 goals in 5 matches, not a bad rate!

The Iron Wall

PatrickLFC - Only 6 goals conceded all series, remarkable!

English Player of the Series

Disclaimer89 - Equal most points by an Englishman, Equal best GD & also the only person to beat me :S

Player of the Series

Lippo255 - Hate to give it to myself but I did collect the most points.....

Edit: Matt was given a 3-0 win in the first round as Jela had to retire.

Last edited:
Oh dear...

Only 8 goals scored, only 1 win, -7 GD... :(

Shame it's over though, and good job Aussies for winning, but in the words of Arnold:

WE'LL. BE. BACK.

Oh dear...

Only 8 goals scored, only 1 win, -7 GD... :(

Shame it's over though, and good job Aussies for winning, but in the words of Arnold:

WE'LL. BE. BACK.

Yes, there are some concerning stats on the English end.....

Really is a shame its over, was great fun & ran so well. :'(

Oh well, FM16 isn't that far away I suppose.....