My brain went absolutely dead.

Unlucky DC!

Aye, I got slaughtered most of the first half. Haha

Had to adjust tactics and formation after the 35th minute!. (It is the first time I have come up against a 4-4-2 in a VS game! Didn't expect it)

Hitting the post 3 times had me like this...

View attachment 235144
(replace FIFA with FM & 6 with 3)

Although, Feliks was more clinical in front of goal, he deserved the win! :)

Aye, I got slaughtered most of the first half. Haha

Had to adjust tactics and formation after the 35th minute!. (It is the first time I have come up against a 4-4-2 in a VS game! Didn't expect it)

Hitting the post 3 times had me like this...

View attachment 929617
(replace FIFA with FM & 6 with 3)

Although, Feliks was more clinical in front of goal, he deserved the win! :)

I only beat him due to my team being a little more clinical than his was, that's what most games are coming down to really!

Final game of the 4th test will be kicking off in the next 10 to 15 :)

Australia book Decider in Style!

In what was an extremely tight encounter, Australia have continued their dominance of the 4th Ashes Test with a thrilling 5-3 victory as Aussie captain, C.J. Lippo, saw off the brave challenge of, player of the series candidate Matt419.

View attachment 234945

Australia took the lead in just the 3rd minute & looked to be in control before a counter attack, that started after the Aussies hit the bar at the other end, was finished off by Sergio Aguero to level the scores.

In the minutes to follow, England dominated both possession & field position but a lack of finishing let them down. At the other end, Australia finally got their chance & took it, through Cesc Fabregas, to take the lead against the run of play.

Fabregas completed his brace minutes later as the game once again swung & Australia's lead was doubled.

Just before the break Australia went 4-1 up when Neymar finished from close range after a superb individual run.

The second half started with England on top but heroic goalkeeper, Mat Ryan (making his first start of the series) kept the Aussies in it with some brilliant saves.

In the end it was to no avail as England finally hit back to make it 4-2.

In the minutes that followed England were dominate & things did not look good for the Aussies as they clang desperately to their 2 goal lead.

When the English scored their 3rd, in the 80th minute, it looked like a cliff hanger was in the works but the Australian spirit shone through as they hit straight back to put the game beyond the poms reach.

5-3 on the day but it could have been a very different story on any other day.

Thanks to Matt for the game & the chat. He was a tad unlucky, if I'm honest, but it was an enjoyable game nonetheless. :)

Last edited:
No neuer after the last game which will you pick for the final game

View attachment 234359

CONVICTS PUNISH POMS!!!

Australia has drawn first blood in the 5th and final Ashes test with a display that will leave the final 4 English opponents sweating over their upcoming matches - knowing any mix up could hand the Urn to Australia.

View attachment 234357

Managers Yeti01 and lewie100 sent their teams out to attack and what followed was a flowing, end to end match that was high on drama. As early as the 13th minute England displayed their attacking intentions when Suarez found himself through on goal, a great save from Neuer though kept things level. In the 23rd minute though it was the Aussies that found themselves ahead. A counterattack, that started with Chiellini winning the ball from Aguero in the Australian 18yd box, culminated with Fabregas sliding a pass through for Xabi Alonso and he blasted home from just outside the 6yd box to get us underway.

Almost immediately Australia found themselves 2 up. A long ball fell to Messi's feet just inside the English half. He took a couple of touches to steady himself and draw the English central defense out and as they came to met him he lifted the ball through to Neymar. Still with a lot of work to do, Neymar managed to turn inside both Pique and Lahn before rolling the ball in under De Gea. 10 minutes later and it was 3 nil - some slick interplay through the middle of the pitch resulted in Robben feeding Fabregas in the English box, he should have done better with his shot that was well saved by De Gea, but fortunately for the Aussies Robben was following up and slammed the loose ball into an empty net.

This was the impetus for an English fightback. Minutes later Kroos stood over a free kick in a very dangerous position. He swung in a delivery into the corridor of uncertainty between the defence and the goalkeeper. Neuer came, but Kompany got there first and looped his header in over Neuer to give the English life. They also very nearly reduced the deficit to a goal just before the break but Ronaldo's neat header was turned around the post by Neuer who was having himself a game.

Both team came out unchanged from the restart but the Convicts were clearly looking to attack more on the counter and were given the opportunity moments in when Zabaleta intercepted an underhit Kroos pass. The ball was worked through the midfield and ended up with Fabregas who won a corner. From that corner Neymar found Robben who worked himself a yard of space and fired in low and hard. De Gea managed to get a hand to the ball but couldn't keep it out. 4-1 now.

In the 65th minute the Convicts put the game beyond doubt. Some neat interplay between Baines and Neymar on the left allowed the latter a free run at goal. As Kompany raced across in cover Neymar rolled the pass across to Messi who was presented with a simple tap-in with De Gea all at sea.

Then followed the most contentious moment of the game as the English had the ball in the net in the 65th minute but it was called back for an offside decision against Ronaldo. I think even the most ardent Aussie supporter would have a hard time finding fault with that goal. Lucky break for the Convicts.

To make matter worse for the Poms the Convicts then scored a goal of their own minutes later. A Fabregas shot was blocked well by Pique but the ball fell kindly to Neymar who, again unselfishly, rolled the ball into Messi's path who, with the confidence gained by having already scored, smashed the Convicts' 6th goal in.

By this stage the English had moved to a 3 striker system to which the Aussie's countered by bringing on Pogba and having both him and De Rossi playing defensive midfield. This resulted in the game petering out somewhat - not that the Aussies were unhappy with that at all!!!

View attachment 234326
View attachment 234325

Again, I felt I got lucky with the first goal allowing me to play my preferred way on the counter. The match, like all so far, was played in good spirits and Lewie has been good value throughout the series as we've watched and commented on many a match together before tonight so thanks for that.

Now there's only 4 games to play and the Poms know that any mistake from here could be fatal! Come on Aussies - lets win this!!!

View attachment 234323

The English will be running scared after that drubbing! Wonder who will step up to try & drag them back from the brink?

Interestingly enough, not a single Pom made it on to support poor Lewie.....

Will not be able to play my match until at least Friday. Work is crazy this week.

I can only really play Friday, and then Monday... Will get to organising my game tomorrow!

Myself and Lippo shall be playing on Thursday at roughly 8:30PM GMT :)

Godfish and myself are playing now, result will be posted soon.