Holding Their Own >> Survive your 1st Premier League campaign playing only FM-Base created players. (60pts)

Thought I might as well do a little update on FM Base's first Premier League and European Season too...

League

View attachment 206983

Well the season draws to a close and we finished a very respectable 10th. A fantastic achievment considering I've still not signed any players yet to get the above achievement. But i will be clearing out a lot of players not suited to this level now and hopefully I'll have a good budget o do something with next season! (By the way I had to play two games with a defender in goal due to both my original FM Base goalkeepers being injured and lost 6-1 and 7-0. All that to just get the achievment!!)

Notable results:

View attachment 206985View attachment 206986

Europe

View attachment 206987

Went all the way to the semi-finals of the Europa League and was very unlucky to be edged out by Real Madrid. A few great results on the way though. Unfortunatly there will be no European football at New Maine Road next season after the league position and only reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Could retain the League Cup either as i was knocked out in the semis.

For reference of the achievment, here is a screanshot of this seasons transfers and the previous seasons transfers can be found on the next page to prove i only used original FM Base players:

View attachment 206988

P.S. Goalkeeper Bumwinkle scored 5 goals this season, all from freekicks!

Best In Class >> A FM-Base Created player won a yearly award (POTY, YPOTY) (10pts)

Does this count if the player came second or third or do they have to win it outright?

Also, is anyone else still playing this? Let us know how you're getting on cause I'm feeling pretty lonely.... :(

Best In Class >> A FM-Base Created player won a yearly award (POTY, YPOTY) (10pts)

Does this count if the player came second or third or do they have to win it outright?

Also, is anyone else still playing this? Let us know how you're getting on cause I'm feeling pretty lonely.... :(

They'd have to win it outright...

And I'm still doing it, but only when I'm taking a break from my story save, which if any of you haven't seen, is here:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...955-prodigal-son-manchester-united-story.html

Premier League Season 2 - 2017-18

Just thought id show you my first activity in the transfer market.

Got a budget of £29M so got rid of some deadwood and bought a few in for the first time ever.

Players Out

View attachment 207138View attachment 207139View attachment 207140View attachment 207141View attachment 207142

Relegated to the reserves

View attachment 207143View attachment 207144View attachment 207145View attachment 207146View attachment 207147View attachment 207148

Players In

View attachment 207149View attachment 207150View attachment 207151View attachment 207152

Future Transfers

View attachment 207153View attachment 207154

As you can see I've decided to stick with FM-Base's youth policy and I will only be signing regens. I think thats in keeping with the whole ethos of our mighty club!

And it seems to be paying off!

View attachment 207158

Not in the first team :(.
How have the San Marinese National team done over the years. any wins, better qualifications and what is their ranking? there is 4 and the regen i think so surely better than vanatau etc :p

How have the San Marinese National team done over the years. any wins, better qualifications and what is their ranking? there is 4 and the regen i think so surely better than vanatau etc :p

Well.... even at CB, I'm halfway to beating Andy Selva's goalscoring record :p

not in the team but you'll play quite a few games.

San Marino are now ranked 119th in the rankings. Vanuatu are 174th.
San Marino have won a grand total of three competitive matches - 1-0 away to Moldova with Alonso the hero, a 1-0 at home to Cyprus and 1-0 at home to Cyprus with Cris Robinson scoring.

The regen has only been capped at youth level for San Marino but has now got a British passport so is waiting for an England call up

Notable friendly results included a 3-0 win over Chinese Taipei, 0-0 with Luxembourg, 0-0 with Fareo Islands, 3-2 win over Liecthenstein, 3-3 with Japan and a 1-0 win over Chinese Taipei

Last edited: