The FM11 Editing Help thread

johanlfc

Aug 24, 2011
This has probably been asked before, but, how do I make club transfers? E.G; Jose enrique from Newcastle to Liverpool.

Jan 29, 2011
i keep trying to download updates for the game but you have to download it through winrar or winzi or something and i get completely lost, can someone help me?

mamaomida

Sep 16, 2010
a little help please . I'm trying to change the Italian SuperCup from Inter - AS Roma to Inter - AC Milan , of course I set AC Milan the league winners and Inter the cup winners , but no result , still Inter - AS Roma .
I had no problem updating the English and Spanish supercups , so I have no idea what to do .

4CescFabregas

Jul 23, 2010
a little help please . I'm trying to change the Italian SuperCup from Inter - AS Roma to Inter - AC Milan , of course I set AC Milan the league winners and Inter the cup winners , but no result , still Inter - AS Roma .
I had no problem updating the English and Spanish supercups , so I have no idea what to do .
How did you actually put them as cup winners and league winners?

Edit: have you changed the history for the concerning leagues/cups? And for Italian Serie A I would also change the runner up (Inter Milan) and third place winner (Napoli). Hopefully that will help!

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

i keep trying to download updates for the game but you have to download it through winrar or winzi or something and i get completely lost, can someone help me?
Hi, just download this file if you haven't done that already (WinZip free download), install it, download a database, extract it with WinZip to the directory by right click and select extract to (probably documents/sports interactive/football manager 2011/data editor). Hope you get it now working!

Last edited:

fiasko

Mar 31, 2009
Hey! I am trying to edit some data and when I finish and try to save it says ''DATA COULD NOT BE SAVED''
Any suggestions??? I tried quite a bit in changing locations and names, but it did not let me save the data.
Thank you in advance for your help

mamaomida

Sep 16, 2010
did all that , doesn't work . for English and Spanish supercups I didn't have a problem , and I doubled , tripled check to see if I did the same things for the Italian supercup.
guess it will have to be Inter - AS Roma till FM 12 appears

jstu9

Aug 13, 2011
1. If I want to change the dates of a continental competition, can I do that without completely re-making the entire competition? When I bring up the competition in the database, there isn't much I can actually edit. (If I do have to recreate the comp over again, is there a place I can get the complete rules of the comp so I don't miss anything?)

2. I want to create a National Cup. I do not want to include in this Cup the top 3 teams of the top division (as they will be in a Continental Competition). Can I create this national Cup for all the other clubs?

Mesmetron

Aug 9, 2011
I have a question. Is it possible to add things such as Manager Tendencies and Relationships in Real Time Editors? I can easily delete them but I can't add any. Also, I use FMSX 11 for Mac.

YungHexxa

Aug 14, 2011
when creating a player, what is better, having his potential -8, -9 or -10, or simply putting it really high?

bellini

Aug 30, 2011
hi i have download an update for fm2011. for ex narsi is already in man city but i want to make some changes in that db. when i open editor data the only dbs i can load are default and the patch one. how can i load the update db and make changes on it?

potta

Jul 11, 2009
Have you downloaded 11.3 patch!?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

anyway if you have, there is a tab called "file" in the top left hand corner, click that, then from the same tab again click "Load Editior Data" then click the desired data base.

bellini

Aug 30, 2011
yes i have the patch ty. ill try what u said.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

i cant click on that option its disabled :\

potta

Jul 11, 2009
Which option mate!??

Edit: from the "file" tab tab click "Load Database.." first............... then from the same tab again click "Load Editior Data" then click the desired data base.

Last edited:

kevbags

Aug 30, 2011
where do i download the file to editor?

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

ive done logos and kits now need updates to player stats etc and transfers seen one called v6 where do i need to copy this file to and do i need to make new folder etc?

AstonVilla1

Apr 4, 2011
Is there a way to change the season you start at? It makes you start on 2010/11, but I want to start in 2011/12, is there anyway to make this possible???