I search for staff, sort by current wages and make sure you turn off the realistic appointment filter and there they are. A few players wanting to take up a role in management will also show up just so you know​

Thanks alot Nick, I've been enjoying it. I'm not really one for journeyman careers as I tend to get attached to clubs and players like a lost puppy but this time around I've really enjoyed grabbing the money.

I do it exactly as athomash kindly quoted. I have found out that it doesn't include international managers but it seems they only way to get there wage is to view it when they get appointed? If you find another way let me know! Good luck!

Cheers Patrick! Always appreciated!​

Newc.png

With the board demanding that I improve the clearly flagging morale in the squad and our Premier League status still very much unproven the Summer Transfer window was always going to have a huge impact upon my career.

Unfortunately it didn't feel like it was a good one...

Tran21-OUT_1.png

That was painful.

With my hands tied I could do little to keep the likes of Butland, Hughes and Gaudino at the squad, as all three took advantage of the situation I was placed in to hand in some extremely disappointing transfer requests.

Having stuck with the boys from the Championship, it was a stab in the back to see a core group of those players jump ship when the going got tough in the top flight but I can at least take some solace in nearly fifty million pounds profit.

With the squads back bone picked clean out courtesy of some opportunistic transfers and my need to keep the entire team at least some what happy I turned to my scouts to try and repair the damage...

Tran21-IN_1.png

Tran21-a_1.png

Cost: £6.75 million

With the departures of Gaudino and Hughes ripping a huge hole out of the middle of the team, I needed some quality central midfielders to bolster the ranks and struck gold with Twenty One Year old Serbian, Djorde Kosutic. This youngster has got the world at his feet. A bargain transfer from Angers and one that should pay off massively. This kid is truly gifted.

Tran21-b_1.png

Cost: £14.5 million

Joining him in the middle of the field comes Colombian prodigy, Gustavo Sandoval. The former Atletico product doesn't quite have the same lofty potential as his new midfield partner but will certainly be able to fill the gaps in this squad with ease. A neat pass and his dedication to the team could make him a favorite for those around him on the pitch.

Tran21-c_1.png

Cost: £12 million

With Butland departing to Swansea, we were forced to bring in a new stopper with Slovenian stopper, Jan Oblak fitting the bill perfectly. Surplus to requirements at the Gunners we quickly snapped up the transfer listed international and will give him the first team opportunity hes been craving, I just hope hes prepared for the onslaught hes about to receive.

Tran21-d.png

Cost: £9 million

They might have turned me down for the job but in the breif time I spent looking at Zenit's team I came across young Russian international Alexey Traktovenko. With the midfield now packed full of young International talent we should hopefully be able to hit the ground running despite the departures of our two key players.

Tran21-e.png

Cost: £7 million

The Right-Back position seems to be one of the most elusive roles to find in football recently. With wing-backs seemingly few and far between I was nearly forced into playing a risky three man defensive until Lyon offered me there Czech defender, Lukas Reznicek. Truth be told there is a lot of work to be done on this youngster but with few options to choose from he's going to have to learn quick.

So there we have it. A Summer of change.

With some established players and game changes departing the club for pastures new, I've once again turned to youngsters to fill the gaps.

With the youngest squad in the Premier League now under my control, I can only hope these kids have the bottle to keep us in the Premier League once more.

Preseason
2021/22

Pre21-z_1.png

10th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-a_1.png

Once again I opt for a Pre-season tour of Scotland over the sun and glitz found further afield and in a gray day in Alloa we put on an expected performance to see of the League One side. Belgian wonderkid continues to impress with the opening goal but its left to Icelandic veteran, Sigurdsson to secure the result.

15th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-b_1.png

The duo are back at it again as they combine to see off a strong Cowdenbeath side. With the duo in scintillating form in the warm-up alone, I can't wait to get the two of them up and running in the Premier League itself. A late red card certainly made our job easier but non the less the duo could get us off to a flying start in the league itself.

20th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-c_1.png

The Premier League's Motherwell are next up and The Steelman certainly make us work for the entire ninety minutes as their resilient defending keeps us frustrated in efficient fashion. I can only hope that our own back-line can learn a thing or two from this impressive performance from the Scottish side.

24th July 2021
Friendly

Pre21-d_1.png

Making the short trip back across the border we stop off at our feeder club, Oldham Athletic. Colombian midfielder, Gustavo Sandoval makes the first of what will be hopefully be a huge impact at the club with the opening goal of the game after another disappointing half of football. Right winger Oxlade-Chamberlain joins him on the score-sheet as the former Gunner continues his impressive rejuvenation with the Magpies.

2nd August 2021
Friendly

Pre21-e.png

The final game is the traditional round up against our neighbours Gateshead. In a worryingly cagey affair the minnows certainly managed to keep up the pace with the supposed Premier League giants with only a rare goal from forgotten striker, Adam Armstrong proving to be enough to separate the two sides.

Not exactly the most encouraging of pre-seasons as our newly crafted squad struggles to dominate against a collection of Scottish and English sides.

Non the less we remained unbeaten and can only hope that we can up the pace when we make our nervy steps back into Premier League action.

Good luck with Newcastle, hopefully you will have a better season this year opposed to last! Unfortunate that Hughes and co. left but I am sure you will be able to keep them up this year too and improve on the final league standing! If not jump ship to a club for more money haha.

Thanks very much Curtis, it can't get too much worse. Yeah I was disappointed that my faith in them went unrewarded but I can hardly complain. As soon as someone puts an offer on the table I'm joining them out the door!

August 2021

Aug21-z_1.png

7th August 2021
Premier League

Aug21-a_1.png

The season gets under way and in what hopefully will not be a sign of things to come, we lose out in brutal fashion at Selhurst Park. With the whistle poised at the referee's lips, Palace made an incisive break through flowing the ball through our flagging defence with Niang tucking home a cruel winner. A painful start.

14th August 2021
Premier League

Aug21-b_1.png

Our bad fortune continues into the next game but we have to take some of the responsibility for this loss as one slip up proves to be extremely costly as Leeds take an undeserved lead. Despite throwing all we had at the Lily Whites we could do little to find a way back into the game with Dequevy being uncharacteristically sloppy infront of goal.

21st August 2021
Premier League

Aug21-c_1.png

We eventually get some points on the board as we ease our way past bottom of the table, Swansea. Our Belgian wonderkid makes up for his hap-hazard finishing last week with the opening goal, with our home-grown midfield adding to the score-line with The Ox and Rashford both sending a strong message to the England camp before the international break.

24th August 2021
Capital One Cup - 2nd Round

LC21-a_1.png

I want a trophy. No ifs. No buts. I want silverware. I've been trudging my way through this career for nearly fifteen seasons now and I am still yet to pick up a single trophy, other then a solo Championship winners medal with the Foxes. A narrow victory over Peterborough at least put me one step towards finally getting something on my barren CV.

28th August 2021
Premier League

Aug21-d_1.png

A two goal flurry in the space of mere seconds was enough to turn the tide of the game as our Belgian prodigy went toe to toe with Hull's own Spanish prospect with the latter putting on a master class in attacking football. Calvo destroyed my defence within just ten minutes before sealing a game winning hat-trick in the second half. Sloppy.

August 2021
Premier League

Aug21_1.png

With just the one win to our name at this early stage of the season we find ourselves back in the uncomfortable position of fifteenth place. With just five teams beneath us and the team already looking worryingly fragile at times, it looks like it is going to be another tense time in the top flight.

September 2021​

Sep21-z_1.png

11th September 2021
Premier League

Sep21-a_1.png

An appalling month kicks off in fitting style as former Red Devil and the extremely under-rated Chicarito leads a second half fight back for the Hammers as they cancel out the opening goal from my exciting Serbian prospect Kosutic. The defence is looking mighty fragile right now.

18th September 2021
Premier League

Sep21-b_1.png

A repeat performance awaits us in the very next game as we once again take the lead through the Serbian wonderkid but we fall asleep when it matters once more with Nigerian winger, Isaac Success quickly taking advantage to give Watford all three points. If we keep this up we could soon find ourselves fighting our way up from the bottom.

21st September 2021
Capital One Cup - 3rd Round

LC21-b_1.png

I'm not one to usually bemoan bad fortune and thus far I can only say that my luck with injuries has been fairly good but when my South African centre-back Mbhele was carted off the pitch within just two minutes of extra-time and having used all three of my substitutions its fair to say I felt slightly peeved. The Red Devils showed no mercy soon making the game look far too one-sided and destroying my silverware hopes already.

25th September 2021
Premier League

Sep21-c_1.png

Last month I mentioned there were just five teams beneath me after just one month. Come the end of this one and it was down to just two. Cardiff would be one of those. The Swallows however proved just what a dire situation I am in as another tired performance from my defence saw Moussa Marega scoop up a late hat-trick.

September 2021
Premier League

Sep21_1.png

The losses alone where certainly disappointing but it felt that in every game the footballing gods conspired against us to ****** victory away and give the opposition a far too comfortable victory. With a winless month and still just that solo win to my name, the club finds itself in all too familiar territory. This is already looking bad.

Really tough start, particularly as you haven't faced any of the big teams yet. Could be a long - or short - season! Riveting stuff!

Cheers Patrick, I might be struggling but somehow I'm still enjoying it also...I think I've finally accepted I'm useless.

October 2021

Oct21-z_2.png

2nd October 2021
Premier League

Oct21-a_2.png

Having dumped us out of the League Cup, the Red Devils return to pile on the misery. A red card for our usually placid Argentinian winger, Tocalli got the game off to the worst possible start with two first half goals effectively ending the game early. A late goal from Dequevy nearly triggered a ten man fight-back but it proved to be too little, too late.

16th October 2021
Premier League

Oct21-b_2.png

On the back of a game against reigning champions Manchester United, we go up against Runners-up Tottenham. Spurs certainly showed that they where in no mood to mess around in there hunt for the title as a first half demolition job secured all three points before we even had time to register a single shot on goal.

23rd October 2021
Premier League

Oct21-c_2.png

The misery continues as Queens Park Rangers end our hopes of claiming some points, when Andros Townsend's second half-level was soon cancelled out and forgotten following an efficent performance in front of goal from the Londoners, Belgian and Korean partnership. I'm starting to panic already.

30th October 2021
Premier League

Oct21-d_1.png

This is bringing back some horribly familiar memories of my time with lowly Bromley. Liverpool have turned to former Swansea manager, Quique Flores to try and drag the team back into the elite group at the top and it seems the Spaniard has hit the ground running as his Reds take a far too comfortable victory.

October 2021
Premier League

Oct21_2.png

Somehow despite losing every single game for the last two months and seemingly having a defence who all suffer from joint narcolepsy we are still not yet bottom of the table. Thanks to the joint efforts of the two Welsh sides in the Premier League we find ourselves rather fortunately propped on the edge of the relegation zone but already six points away from safety. All hands to the pumps! We're going down fast!

Tough start, im sure it will pick up.

Inspired me to start my own similar story but with a twist. Cant get over how good your story is, actually has me wanting more.. keep it up!

Ohh man what a start to the season! Newcastle's gone to **** eh? Hopefully another job comes up around November/December time for you.

You so much remind me of me! If there is just some freakin way to get team underperforming we are doing that very good and very well! Only teams that don't underperform with me is biggest team in their leagues and Tottenham!

But try turn it around! Sometimes even I can do that so you can do that!

Lots of last minute defeats! I can only see this ending one way! I think you need a move away from England for a few years (Somewhere to build your stature up by winning trophies)

Very good read mate

Athers

Cheers Nick, looking forward to seeing you in the Old Trafford dug out soon!

I would love to say its Newcastle 1magine but I have a horrible feeling its just me. I'm seriously hoping. If only the Zenit job had come through for me.

That is not a good sign for either of us nnicod! I'm hoping it's the same for myself. I just need an opportunity at one of the top teams now.

Cruel and unforgiving. I miss the safety of the Championship!

Its been a harsh month Athers. I completely agree, only trouble is I can't seem to even get myself in the running for the majority of the roles that open up in Europe. Thanks for the support!

Thanks for your comments guys, I have a couple more days on leave from work so hoping I can turn this career around before I return!

November 2021

Nov21-z_1.png

6th November 2021
Premier League

Nov21-a_1.png

For anyone thats read Patrick's superb story you will know just how dangerous the Saints can be but without any sign of change or in fact any real reason, the boys suddenly pull this out of the bag. Within just fifteen minutes, we took an unattainable lead, with the Serbian star Kosutic continuing to impress despite this dire start to the season with a goal to put a much needed gloss on the finish. At this point I honestly thought the worse was now behind us...

20th November 2021
Premier League

Nov21-b_1.png

...I soon realised my mistake. It appears that rather then being a strong performance from the Magpies it was instead an appalling one from the Saints. Having arrived at the Britannia stadium brimming with confidence, I left ninety minutes later soon reminded of our fate in the lower rungs of the table. It was never going to be that easy was it?

27th November 2021
Premier League

Nov21-c_1.png

Re-affirming our status as this season's whipping boys comes newly Promoted Wigan. The Latics however were atleast made to work for the victory as a spirited fight back from Dequevy and Rashford brought us right back into the running before we once again switched off when it mattered most to have the points slip out of our hands despite the result I did finally see a realistic way I could avoid relegation this season...
Nov21-end.png

November 2021
Premier League

Nov21_1.png

...Well maybe not. The club now sits four points away from safety as my potential new suitors Watford are dragged kicking and screaming into the relegation dog fight following a spirited fight from the seemingly done for Swans. With the midway point of the season already getting scarily close its time for some decisive action...or in my case a new job.

Barely an improved job, that'd be. Though it would cut a game and half in wins needed.

What's your current reputation?

At the minute Deathball, I would literally take anything!

My reputation is currently "Decent" which is 2 stars or 40 percent on the bar.

December 2021

Dec21-z_1.png

6th December 2021
Premier League

Dec21-a_2.png

Well all else around us seems to be going to complete ruin, I can at least take some solace in finally beating my old club Leicester. Revenge has been a long time coming. Colombian midfielder, Gustavo Sandoval did the honors as the South American prodigy thumped home a thunderous effort. The much longed for result took a little sting out of the unwelcome news that awaited me after the game...
Dec21-5th.png

11th December 2021
Premier League

Dec21-b_1.png

With my escape plan scuppered, the very next game of course rubbed salt into the wound as our heroics against Leicester are soon forgotten on our travels to Bournemouth, with the Cherries picking up the victory following a seventy-sixth minute header that left new signing, Oblak rooted to the spot.

19th December 2021
Premier League

Dec21-c_1.png

Memphis Depay scores against us for fun but it was his English strike partner that took the plaudits, as Saido Berahino's brace put the Blues into a comfortable lead. A late fight back certainly left Deigo Simeone's men looking worried but the former Premier League title winners made no mistake in seeing out the victory.

26th December 2021
Premier League

Dec21-d_1.png

By this point in my short tenure at Newcastle, myself and Rafa Benitez have become mortal enemies. Despite not yet beating the Spaniard or in fact even really coming close to finding the back of the net, the former Liverpool manager is quick to pile on the pressure as he once again claims I should be sacked before the game, with his exciting team then completing the humiliation with a two goal victory.

28th December 2021
Premier League

Dec21-e.png

There was once a time that I thought, I could one day have caught up to Pep's mammoth earnings but following the last two seasons it seems he is set for a reign supreme at the top of the table untroubled by a time-travelling moron. A two goal victory for the Citizens gave the richest manager in football a much needed boost and sent me yet closer to peril.

December 2021
Premier League

Dec21_1.png

Well its looking bleak. Halfway into the season and we are already eight points away from safety. With Swansea and Cardiff around me I can at least take some comfort in the fact that we are not quite bottom but with the Swallows game in hand and Swansea's two point lead, it's a slim relief at best.

Last edited:

Newc.png

With just about everything across the board going about as bad as possible and apparently no escape routes available, the January transfer window comes around giving me a welcome opportunity to try and strengthen my apparent Championship bound squad.

One things for sure. I can't afford to lose any of my best players...

JanTran22-OUT.png

...Brilliant.

First to jump ship is the Ox. Having spent just a season and a half at St James's Park, the former Gunner is quick to voice his concern at the state of the clubs league standing, jumping ship for the mid-table safety of Stoke. The bad news was set to continue when Chelsea pulled out their Russian fueled wallet.

A Thirty Three million pound bid was soon slapped on the table with the only player apparently able to find the back of the net on a regular basis now scooped up by Diego Simeone in a surprisingly quick transfer. Truth be told Dequevy was wasted at the club and a huge transfer bid was certainly not to be shrugged at. We can only wish him well with the Blues.

The final departure saw aggressive defender, Kyriakos Papadopoulos leave the club, heading back into the Championship with Aston Villa, the Greek barely made an impact on Tyneside and will certainly not be missed.

So with the club desperately needing a finisher and a huge budget now behind us, I quickly made moves to try and repair the damage...

JanTran22-IN.png

JanTran22-a.png

Cost: £5.5 million

The defence is still proving to be an exceptionally hard area to strengthen in the window but with the club seemingly free-falling its way back through the leagues, the transfer listed Goldaniga will make a welcome addittion to the ranks. A keen eye for important tackles and the mental attributes of a future captain should ensure the Italian has a solid career with the club.

JanTran22-b.png

Cost: £4.6 million

Truth be told, Martins might have been a slight panic buy. With two defenders in the running to join the club, the Portuguese centre-back might not have been my first choice but with a failed work-permit, Denis, soon became my only option. Non the less the defender has built a strong career in Switzerland and could hopefully add some much needed depth to the backline.

JanTran22-c.png

Cost: £3.3 million

Arriving from France, comes rapid poacher, Imanol Paz. Arriving as a direct replacement for the departing Dequevy, hopes are high that the bargain signing can quickly develop into a lethal finisher at this level. No pressue Imanol, just the fact that I've placed the entire clubs future on your young shoulders and your worrying inaccurate right foot.

Yeah...

With fifty million in the bank and a team in desperate need of strengthening, I spent under fifteen and brought in just three players.

In all honesty, the crop of players available to us was decidedly weak. I'm not sure if it's my own weak reputation or the current status of the club but either way, bringing in any considerable talent proved to be a challenge beyond both myself and my scouts.

...This should be fun.

Last edited:

January 2022​

Jan22-z_2.png

1st January 2022
Premier League

Jan22-a_1.png

The New year brings about some new fortune as for once it seems that we are the club on the receiving end of a healthy dose of luck. With Palace controlling the majority of the game, they seemed to settle in frustration for a solitary point before Icelandic set-piece specialist, Gylfi Sigurdsson curled home a beautifully late free-kick to ****** a morale boosting victory.

8th January 2022
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FAC21-a_1.png

My attempts at capturing silverware via the League Cup ended in a Manchester United based humiliation but with one of the most prestigious trophies in club football within our reach we smashed our way into the next round with Charlie Austin making the most of Dequevys departure with a rare brace for the club captain to see off Coventry.

15th January 2022
Premier League

Jan22-b_1.png

Arriving at the club just hours earlier, Imanol Paz announces himself to the Newcastle faithful with a debut winning goal on the road against Leeds. A promising result and our first back to back victory in the league this season. If we can keep the points rolling in like this we could soon find ourselves comfortably out of danger already.

22nd January 2022
Premier League

Jan22-c_1.png

Fellow relegation battlers, Swansea should have been easy pickings for our apparent in form side but it seems the Welsh side have also taken it upon themselves to use the new year as an opportunity to reform their season as both clubs play out a cagey goalless draw. Another point will keep both teams hopeful of making a late escape.

25th January 2022
Premier League

Jan22-d_1.png

With the club apparently waking up to their perilous situation we wrack up our third victory in the month with a solid win against a strong Hull City. The wingers came through for the Black and White army this time as youth product Luke Nicholson and the ever loyal Andros Townsend both finding the net in impressive fashion.

29th January 2022
FA Cup - 4th Round

FAC21-b_1.png

Rounding off the month comes another foray into our most recent hope, the FA Cup. Former Premier League side, West Brom seem to be struggling in the Championship and a three goal demolition certainly went a long way to show just how big the gulf between the two sides had become as we ease our way into the next round of the competition.

January 2022
Premier League

Jan22_1.png

Well that was unexpected.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself and one look at the league table certainly brought me back down to earth but that was one **** of a month. The club has leapfrogged back above Swansea and now sits tantalizingly close to the much needed safety of seventeenth position. If we can just keep these points rolling in we should find ourselves clear of danger before long.

Much better month, those signings are paying off pretty quick!

Keen for the next update now, big time!