So for the second time in my career I'm off to the football league.

Admittedly last time I didn't technically have a very long stay...or actually play a game.

Hopefully this time might be slightly more eventful but before I can look to lay down the law in League Two there's the small matter of recapping my career with Bristol Rovers.

BristolRovers.png

When I was offered the job I was genuinely excited.

The Gas are a sleeping giant at this level, with football league quality, a relatively huge fan base and a team ready to bounce back to the football league I was keen to take charge at the Memorial Ground.

However things didn't exactly work out as I expected...

2016/17 Season
Vanarama National League

BRrunin2.png

April17.png

It was a sloppy start to my tenure.

The squad and myself fell apart towards the business end of the season, a new board came in looking to replace me with just games to spare and I missed my pre-season target by a whopping nine points.

For a team favored for an immediate return to the football league it was a shocking season but some how, I managed to hold on to my position with the team for one more season with fingers crossed for a more impressive season ahead...

2017/18
Vanarma National League

BRrunin.png

JAN18.png

...or you know. I could just repeat it.

With Twelve games left to play in the league I leave the club in exactly the same position.

The season was a huge disappointment. Having started so brightly we shot to the top of the table before making a steady decline down the table, drawing the majority of games and conceding sloppy goals before eventually ending up wallowing in mid-table.

Despite the best efforts of Pakistani striker Nabi we never truly looked like turning the form around, I never managed to win the squad back following our disagreements last season and eventually jumped at the opportunity to flee Bristol.

Having won less then half of my games during my stay with the club and not once managing to get the squad to perform at their potential there where still some definite lesson learned from my stay here....

...mainly a National B Coaching Licence.

So there you have it.

Two clubs done and dusted.

The first, an unmitigated disaster and the second a sleeping giant that chose to remain snoring...

...Time to being that stellar footballing background to Northampton.

Last edited:
No spell on the sofa looking through the job listings this time as League Two's Northampton stump up the cash to secure my services.

Northampton.png

Northampton are football league stalwarts having plied their trade between both League One and Two for the last few decades but now find themselves manager-less towards the business end of the season.

For some reason however it seems the board have turned to a man who not only has no experience in the football league but also has failed to achieve anything...literally anything at his last two clubs.

Non the less I'm not going to turn down a bigger wage cheque on the grounds that the board have clearly lost their minds.

NtonCon.png

A three hundred pound pay raise. I've hit the big time!

Having sneaked into the football league, my wages are already reflecting my new found status with a wage that nearly matches that of my players.

A contract that nearly has reached the magic one thousand pound mark but with just one season to ensure I receive a new one, fortunately for me I join a club who for once aren't seemingly doomed already...

NtonFixtures.png

NtonTable.png

Having joined a Bromley side already well on their way to the Vanarama South and a Bristol Rovers team already relegated its a welcome change to find myself at a club pursuing a play-off spot.

Northampton are currently enjoying their best run of form in the season thus far but just as a play-off push looked to be on the table, Cambridge United came in poached the manager and left the clubs promotion race hanging in the balance.

In comes a manager with one of the worst track records imaginable and a history of falling out with both players and board members.

Quality appointment.​

Thats a hefty payrise.
Still not making more than me ;)

Good luck in Northampton.

Quality story. I'd say the most entertaining.

**** you Seano! I'm amazed anyone pays me anything at this rate.

Thanks very much Deathball, that means alot.

Northampton.png

Fourteen games left in the season and a play-off race is well and truly underway.

With no time to really get to grips with the squad its a quick glance and what we have at our disposal before I try and pick up where the Cobblers left off.

NtonSquad.png

Its quite a strong team that Northampton currently have at their disposal, a smattering of exciting young talent is backed up by some solid experience through the ranks.

However its not a dream take-over by any means.

Northampton's finances are in dire straights and as we barrel head long towards the end of the season it becomes apparent that a lot of the clubs current squad are beginning to doubt that the club can even come close to matching their wage demands.

Non the less a promotion would certainly solve all those problems.

Time to look at a couple of the men, I think will prove crucial in our push for the play-offs.

NtonStar1.png

Being a product of Derby's Youth academy is one quick fire way to become a favorite of mine but central defender Josh Lelan backs it up with some quality defensive stats for this level. At just Twenty Three he is set for an impressive future in the football league, unfortunately for us, his wage demands don't suggest it will be at the Sixfields Stadium.

NtonStar2.png

A superb signing for Northampton, Bosnian striker Vahid Hambo is more then capable of finding the back of the net at this level and beyond. Another Twenty Three year old yet to reach the peak of his game but with a lethal finishing touch and the ability to jump like a salmon he is already way ahead of League Two standards. As you've probably guessed by now, he too is looking for pastures new.

Is it something I said?

The exact same thing happened at Bristol. No sooner have I greeted the squad then I suddenly realise that the greater majority of the clubs talent are starting to pack their bags and leave.

Its almost like they've read my brief career history already.​

February 2018

Feb118-z.png

17th February 2018
League Two

Feb18-aa.png

So my career at the Six Meadows stadium gets underway in fiery fashion. Crewe like us are hot in pursuit of a play-off position and neither team seemed like backing down. With both teams reduced to ten men we almost came close to giving me a perfect debut had it not been for a header in the last two minutes of the game.

24th February 2018
League Two

Feb18-b.png

Remember when Notts County where the lower league version of Manchester City? Crazy Times. Either way they now found themselves actually about to earn some success, sitting well in the running for a promotion spot. A draw however stops them from making any ground but certainly left the Cobblers fans satisfied.

27th February 2018
League Two

Feb18-c.png

Third ones the charm. I pick up a clean victory over Mansfield with our Bosnian star making it three goals in as many games to gift us the victory, however a clean sheet is the real positive news, until now it seemed we where going to have to opt for the score one more then style of football.

February 2018
League Two
Feb118.png

So Three games into my career here and I've actually managed to drop a position without losing a single game. Impressive. The play-off race is certainly going to be a tight one but we seem to now be at the tale end of the chasing pack, any dropped points could see us soon settling for a mid-table finish.​

Last edited:
March 2018

Mar18-z_1.png

3rd March 2018
League Two

Mar18-a.png

The honeymoon period is over with just two draws and a win to my name. Newport are narrowly ahead of us in the league but took a giant stride towards claiming a spot in the play-offs whilst leaving our own hopes now hanging in the balance already. Destroying a clubs play-offs within one month...standard me.

10th March 2018
League Two

Mar18-b.png

We bounce back from the disappointing loss in superb fashion, smashing home five goals as we dominate the entire game from start to finish. The only downside of an otherwise ruthless display was conceding two goals through sloppy errors but nothing can be taken away from the boys.

13th March 2018
League Two

Mar18-c.png

Despite just smashing five past a reputable Crawley side, we end up once again dropping points to a club at the other end of the table as Morecambe end up sharing the spoils. Each side seemed to save all their efforts for the five minutes either side of the half as we play out of the least entertaining four goal games possible.

17th March 2018
League Two

Mar18-d.png

Accrington Stanley's return to the football league was met with great fanfare however they have since never managed to trouble the leagues above. A header from Cresswell following a well worked corner ensured they wouldn't be doing so any time soon as they are forced to settle for mid-table.

24th March 2018
League Two

Mar18-e.png

Tranmere have made their expected return to the football league following their humiliating relegation three seasons ago and are well on their way to establish themselves as a force in the football league. Neither side could muster any true efforts on goal and eventually forced us both to settle for a draw.

30th March 2018
League Two

Mar18-f.png

Having left the club on the cusp of the play-offs, former Cobblers manager, Steve Brown rubbed salt in to the wounds as he led his new club to an important victory, securing their position in third place whilst effectively ending his old clubs hopes of a cheeky spot in the race for League One. Brutal.

March 2018
League Two
Mar18.png

So with just five games remaining we are locked into mid-table. Four points behind Newport who are now themselves the outside runners in this final race for the top spots, our season appears to be all but over now. Just a case of trying to lead the club to as high a finish as possible in a last ditch attempt at convincing some of these want-away stars that we're actually going places.​

Last edited:
April 2018

Apr18-z.png

2nd April 2018
League Two

Apr18-a.png

Scunthorpe have fallen all the way from the Championship to the foot of the football league but finally look set to stop the rot sitting in a comfortable second place, A superb four goal victory went a long way to show the gulf in class between our two teams. There is a way to go before we can match their pace.

10th April 2018
League Two

Apr18-b.png

Having been thrashed by second place Scunthorpe, table topping Luton then repeated the feat with a comfortable two goal victory. Interestingly I applied for the Luton job before landing the role at Northampton. It seems even though I missed out on the job I still managed to aid them in their promotion push.

14th April 2018
League Two

Apr18-c.png

Having been comfortably beaten by the two automatic Promotion contenders we return to winning ways with a narrow victory over Fleetwood. Young Thomas Reilly continues to impress at the front of the team, picking up the winning goal just ten minutes from time.

28th April 2018
League Two

Apr18-d.png

The Penultimate game of the season has us go up against what was one of the most rapidly rising teams in the country. Wimbledons return to the football league has stalled considerably in League Two and they now sit rooted to the bottom of the table. Despite their seemingly tragic return to non-league football they still managed to ****** a point away from The Cobblers.

April 2018
League Two
Apr18.png

As the season comes to a close we have just the one game remaining. Unfortunately for Cobblers fans a potential play-off push has evaporated under my tenure at the head of the club, eventually leaving them to once again settle for a mid-table position...Your welcome.​

May 2018
League Two

May18-z.png

5th May 2018
League Two
May18-a.png

We round off the season in fitting style for yet another mid-table finish with a sloppy draw. Hambo still continues to refuse to even enter negotiations over his contract as the club continues to spiral into financial ruin but to his credit he still scored in what could prove to be his final game in a Northampton shirt to ensure we claim a share of the spoils.

Despite having a host of contract dealings hanging over my head as the season ends there was still some more unexpected news in the inbox to really put a cap on a disappointing season.
BRAfter0.png

Half of those victories are mine god **** it! I'm already hastily writing a letter to the board of Bristol Rovers to claim my share of the silverware.

On top of that new manager, Kevin Blackwell has also managed to turn the club around and lead them to a fifth place finish.

I might be a world away from his wages but I can finally start to sympathise with Mourinhio. This is how it feels when your players hold back to sabotage your career....Yeah that must be it.

May 2018
League Two
May18.png

Back to life in Northampton and following the final game of the season we end up securing our spot slap bang in the middle of the table. To say that the start of my career at Six Meadows has got off to a slow start would be a bit of an understatement. A play-off race has flopped into wallowing in mid-table.​

Another season down and its time once again to weigh up how I'm fairing on the grand scheme of things.

Given my recent success, its fair to say not much is going to have changed for myself...

man1.png
man2.png
man4.png
Pep GuardiolaJose MourinhioRafa Benitez
Bayern MunichChelseaReal Madrid
£165,000 per week£145,000 per week£140,000 per week

...And incredibly its much the same with the top three earners in the world.

It seems football has actually gained a level head. No Managerial replacements announced half-way through a season and no knee-jerk reactions from the European heavy weights, has the managerial round-about finally come to an abrupt end?

However it actually seems that these three millionaires actually have earned their pay. Pep continues to lead Bayern to dominate the Bundesliga. Rafa led Real to the Liga BBVA title whilst narrowly missing out to the Champions League title to fellow high-earner Jose Mourinhio who took Chelsea all the way to an incredible treble.

Meanwhile in Northampton...

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Northampton Town
£750 per week

I finished mid-table.

Non the less Seven-hundred and fifty pounds a month is at least an improvement of sorts.

I'm now earning nearly Thirty-Six thousand pounds a year, still over one hundred thousand less then my fellow managers are earning in a week but I'm on my way to the magic thousand pound mark, given thats it taken nearly four season to even manage that I have a horrible feeling Pep, Jose and Rafa will be long gone by the time I come close to their earnings.

Northampton.png

Before getting into the thick of the transfer window I feel it important to mention the club's finances.

There aren't any.

If it wasn't apparent why I was offered the job in the first place it most certainly is now. This club quite simply couldn't afford to pay the wages for anyone better.

Fortunately for me though I won't have any trouble with space in the wage budget...

Tran18In.png

...The floodgates have opened.

The boys knew their was no money to offer for any contracts and as such refused to even waste their time in opening negotiations, resulting in the exit at Sixfields being left permanently open as our want-away stars fled from Northampton in their droves.

With no fewer then nine permanent departures from the first team I'm now left to try and rebuild the team, with no money for transfers and the likes of Hambo and Lelan to replace.

This should be fun.

Tran18Out.png

Tran18-a.png
Cost: Free

First point to address wasn't actually one of our recent departures but a long standing hole in the team. A back-up goalkeeper. Swedish stopper, Erlandsson might be a former Red but I'm a forgiving man bringing him in with a shot at earning a starting spot between the sticks.

Tran18-b.png

Making up for the arrival of a former Forest player comes a Ram. Mark O'Brien never truly made it with Derby but will be looking to bounce back in League Two, replacing former team-mate Josh Lelan in the center of our defence.

Tran18-c.png

Another hole is filled as we bring in Twenty Year old right-back Jordi Osei-Tutu. Despite not only having an awesome name, the former Gunner also will be going straight on to the starting list for the foreseeable future

Tran18-d.png

A familiar name joins me at Northampton as I bring in one of my former signings from my time with Rovers, Jorge Intima. Why Rovers ever let his contract expire is beyond me as the Guinean international is more then capable of running the show down the right flank at this level.

Tran18-e.png

Final signing of the window comes from the Annual trialist game in England. Liam Kelly never made the grade at Reading but as a relatively impressive attacking midfielder at this level he is certain to have a bright future.

I wish I could tell you that I was pleased with these new additions.

I can't.

Compared to the players that left this squad these boys might be able to one day add a lot to the squad but right now they are way short of what is needed to try and reinvigorate the clubs push for a place in the promotion race.

Here's hoping they don't live up to my expectations.​

Preseason
2018/19

Pre18-z.png

14th July 2018
Friendly

Pre18-a.png

We get the warm-up games under way with a convincing, Duffy inspired victory over local lower league rivals Corby. With a clinical hat-trick he has certainly put his name in the hat to be succeed Hambo as our main striker.

24th July 2018
Friendly

Pre18-b.png

Another local side face us in the second game and its our two wingers that taken center stage with El Khayati smashing home a brace from the left whilst new arrival and former Bristol Rovers right mid Intima introduces himself to the fans with one of his own.

4th August 2018
Friendly

Pre18-c.png

We round off the pre-season by pausing our recent bullying of any football team within driving distance of Northampton and instead welcome Scottish Premier League side Motherwell to Six Meadows. A solid showing from the boys ensures we hold on to an encouraging draw.

I never really know what to expect from the Pre-season or what if any kind of relevance the results actually have on the season but non the less I feel this one was slightly more convincing then normal.

Time to see what the true season brings us...

Last edited:
August 2018

Aug18-z.png

11th August 2018
League Two

Aug18-a.png

So with a rebuilt squad and a promising pre-season under our belts we set into action in the League by being completed thrashed by Stevenage. Brilliant. Despite holding the promotion contenders for the majority of the game a complete implosion following our opening goal saw us throw the points back to Stevenage.

14th August 2018
Capital One Cup - 1st Round

LC18-a.png

I apparently have a rivalry with Tony Mowbary following our meeting in the FA Cup whilst Bristol Rovers manager and he finally claimed his long awaited revenge courtesy of one of the longest penalty shoot-outs imaginable. Eventually it took a balloon of a shot from the unfortunate Mark Waddington to send us out of the competition.

18th August 2018
League Two

Aug18-b.png

We make amends for our complete collapse against Stevenage by pulling back the points against Oldham with central midfielder Ross Callachan smashing home a forty yard screamer to get us off the mark in superb fashion. Time to start racking up the points.

21st August 2018
League Two

Aug18-c.png

We continue our resurgence with a hard earned victory over Hartlepool. Having taken control of the game in the first Twenty Five minutes everything seemed to be going to plan until a goal just shy of the final whistle seemed to have ruined our hopes of a victory, thankfully Duffus used some Fergy time of his own to score a dramatic winner with the last kick of the game.

25th August 2018
League Two

Aug18-d.png

Final game of the month is yet another goal fest as we once again fall asleep before the end of the match allowing a struggling Oxford to ****** up a point. Given that most of the team is on their last legs following the Coventry marathon its hardly surprising that our boys are lacking effort as we near the final whistle.

August 2018
League Two
Aug18_1.png

Four games in and we've managed to resume our spot back in the middle of the table.
Given that its early days I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. I really want to be involved in a promotion race at some point this season.​

September 2018

Sep18-z.png

1st September 2018
League Two

Sep18-a.png

Much like the start of August we start September in the same fashion, however this time around we didn't once have any control of the game what so ever as Fleetwood run out comfortable winners in front of a despondent home crowd.

4th September 2018
Johnstone's Paint Trophy South - 1st Round

JPT18-a.png

Making my debut in the competition we put on one **** of a show as we hold Oxford at bay to run out eventual four goal winners. Young Thomas Reilly is looking to return to his end of season form as he smashes home an impressive hat-trick to become leading scorer in the competition.

8th September 2018
League Two

Sep18-b.png

I don't know whats currently happening to us in the league but it certainly isn't good. It could be the departure of a host of our former stars, new players failing to merge into the club or just the fact that I'm a useless manager either way Colchester took advantage to smash home four goals to run out winners with ease.

15th September 2018
League Two

Sep18-c.png

Well it seems it might actually be a combination of all three. Seven goals conceded, no goals scored and not a sign of life in the team what so ever. I know its only two results but it sure seems like the boys aren't looking likely to be of any trouble to any of our competition this season.

18th September 2018
League Two

Sep18-d.png

Well its more of a show then we've put on in the last two games but it still proves to not be enough to secure any points with York breaking our resolve on the half hour mark to leave the team once again facing a disappointing defeat. I'm starting to struggle at The Sixfields Stadium already.

22nd September 2018
League Two

Sep18-e.png

The pressure is mounting already. We nearly made the most of an impressive start to the game but in what is becoming a rather too familiar sight we let the points slip out our grasps with out a whimper of a fight from any of the eleven men on the pitch. Disappointing.

29th September 2018
League Two

Sep18-f.png

A Point! Its a something! This feels far too familiar to what happened with Bromley and I'm already starting to feel that the players might not have my back. Given that I'm already feeling like I need to fight for my job, it's not a good place to be. This money earning business is hard graft!

September 2018
League Two
Sep18.png

Well this is awkward.

Rooted to the bottom of the table already, only six points on the table and just a single victory to our name. Fortunately for me there's a way to go this season and plenty of time to turn this shocking run of form around.

There is still hope....right?​

Last edited:
Tough run but hang in there mate, I'm sure you can turn it around! :)

Unlucky so far, but with your record up to this point surely it's up to League 1 next time :p

Cheers Patrick, fingers crossed.

I have a feeling its more likely to be leave me Unemployable at this rate! I'm desperate for some form of success. Even meeting a pre-season target would be nice!

October 2018

Oct118-z.png

6th October 2018
League Two
Oct18-a.png

The month starts in horribly familiar fashion. A complete white-wash of a game as Bury leave it late but still run out convincing winners. The pressure is mounting, Eight games without a win and stuck to the foot of the table, needless to say the dreaded board meeting soon came about...

Oct18BM-6th.png

OCT18BM-6th2.png

10th October 2018
Johnstone's Paint Trophy South - 2nd Round

JPT18-b.png

Having cut to the chase in the board meeting I was keen to get under-way and prove to the board just what I'm capable of. Unfortunately for me a Johnstone's Trophy game held up my progress, however Forest Green soon made sure that wouldn't be a problem anytime in the near future knocking us out of the competition with two late goals.

13th October 2018
League Two

Oct18-b.png

So with an Eight point target to reach we get under way by completely flopping in the first game. Barnet are usually the constant stragglers having hopped in between League Two and the Vanarama National League pretty much constantly for the last few years but non the less they soon put us to the sword.

20th October 2018
League Two

Oct18-c.png

That's more like it. Having gone a goal behind within just ten minutes I was worried I was in for a repeat performance but the boys for once managed to rally with our strike partnership of Duffus and Reilly combining well to help us ****** up three much needed points.

23rd October 2018
League Two

Oct18-d.png

Two in a row. New boy Intima has never let me down and the Right winger made more steps to endear himself to the Cobblers fans, smashing home a superb individual goal as we finally start to claw our way out of the drop zone. Two points and just two games left to meet my target.

27th October 2018
League Two

Oct18-e.png

Job done! Having knocked us out of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we managed to get some revenge over recently promoted Forest Green courtesy of another smashed goal from midfield general Ross Callachan. With three victories in a row our status as relegation candidates is quickly fading away.

October 2018
League Two
Oct18.png

The board choose to remain quiet as I guide the team past their eight point target and back into the relative safety just out of the relegation spots, merely congratulating me on not letting them down. Sensing a frosty atmosphere between my self and the cash strapped board already, I can only hope I'm not required to talk to them again anytime soon.

Last edited:
November 2018

Nov18-z.png

3rd November 2018
League Two
Nov18-a.png

Having picked up three victories on the bounce last month I was hopeful that November might have helped us push further away from the bottom of the table but fellow strugglers Tranmere ensure their would be no quick escape slotting home two quick-fire goals to push us back into trouble.

12th November 2018
FA Cup - 1st Round

FACup18-a.png

Despite being a consistent failure in every league I have played in, there is one thing I can do. A good old fashioned FA Cup run. Thomas Reilly seems to also relish the competition as he smashes home a well worked hat-trick to chuck lowly Hayes & Yeading out of the competition.

17th November 2018
League Two

Nov18-b.png

Given that we had collapsed against Tranmere in some fashion I was relatively relieved to actually pick up just a point from mid-table's Port Vale. However it seems I was the only one in the Six Fields stadium that was. The fans, press and former club legends all seemed to take turns taking a dig at my poor start to my tenure in Northampton.

24th November 2018
League Two

Nov18-c.png

With the pressure still very much mounting I tried to show everyone affiliated with the club just what we can do but managed to only succeed in increasing the pressure on my back as an attacking line-up crumbled against Southends strong squad with the Shrimpers smashing home four goals with ease. Disaster.

November 2018
League Two
nov18.png

Despite registering just one point this month we manage to keep the relegation zone at bay from the time being, mainly courtesy of the horrendous form of Accrington and Oxford who prop up the rest of the table. Despite that a mid-table finish is now looking like its a world away.​

Last edited:
December 2018

Dec18-z.png

1st December 2018
League Two
Dec18-a.png

Inconsistency is striking again but for once I'm glad to see it come in as we leave it to the last few seconds of the game to squeeze past Crawley. As we head towards the business end of the season we need every single point to keep us out of the dog-fight.

8th December 2018
FA Cup - 2nd Round

FACup18-b.png

Back to the FA Cup and its an unwanted replay for the cobblers as we struggle to a draw against Vanarama National side, Dover. Not going to lie seeing as how I've managed to guide every team thus far to the 3rd round of the competition I'm keen to keep up the tradition.

15th December 2018
League Two

Dec18-b.png

A draw on the road seemed like a repsectable point to myself but no sooner had we returned from Morecambe then I was pulled into an all too familiar room in front of some rather disgruntled faces. Here we go again...

Dec18-BM-5th.png

Thankfully this time, I managed to prove that the fault didn't lie entirely at my door.

Dec18-injuries.png

With a threadbare squad already, this kind of injury list is making it almost impossible to pick up any points. With no fit strikers in the entire first team and the midfield on its last legs the club is struggling to make any impact in the games.

19th December 2018
FA Cup - 2nd Round Replay
FACup18-c.png

Despite feeling the eyes of the board watching my every move, we do manage to just about pull of the victory in the FA Cup replay with a goal just before the break in extra time. We're through to the third round and a hopeful tie against a money spinning Premier League giant. That should keep the board happy.

22nd December 2018
League Two

Dec18-c.png

Well that's not going to keep the board pleased.
An absolute shocker of a game against Promotion chasing Stevenage saw them smash home a humiliating six goals, with the boys only fight-back coming courtesy of a weak penalty. In truth I think the referee might have been feeling rather sorry for us by that point.

26th December 2018
League Two

Dec18-d.png

Once again I can feel the pressure mounting. Despite the hammering in the previous game this is by far the more damaging result as we fall to a ruthless last minute defeat to another relegation fighting side, Grimsby. We're back into the relegation zone and back in the dog house already.

29th December 2018
League Two

Dec18-e.png

ts getting a bit painful now. With a team held together by back-up players and half the bench making up the numbers on crutches we are once again smashed, this time by a weak Yeovil side. A red-card certainly didn't help matters and only adds to our list of unavailable players. Its looking bleak for me as we head into 2019.

December 2018
League Two
Dec18.png

Well I think its safe to say we are in the dog-fight now.
With only a manager-less Oxford beneath us the pressure is most certainly mounting in the East Midlands. We're still within reaching distance of those narrowly ahead of us but with time ticking down we can't afford to let them increase the distance.​

January 2019

Jan19-z.png

1st January 2019
League Two
Jan19-a.png

First game of the new year and we get it under-way by being convincingly defeated by Crewe. Start as we mean to go on I suppose. With the teams around us all picking up points we're now starting to be left behind at the bottom of the table and needless to say the board are first to ensure I'm made aware of it...

Jan19-BM-1st.png

Jan19-BM-1st1.png

5th January 2019
FA Cup - 3rd Round

FACup18-d.png

Once again I can't get started trying to reach the boards targets as the Cup competitions loom into view but this time its my only reward from this season; a 3rd Round Cup tie against the Premier League's Southampton. They duly award me for dragging the team this far by demolishing us on our own ground. Thanks.

8th January 2019
League Two

Jan19-e.png

With Nine points to make in just five games dropped points like this are going to cost me massivley. In the end though a draw was the right result as neither side manage to make any real threats on goals. One point down. Eight to go.

12th January 2019
League Two

Jan19-b.png

We might have smashed out the points target last time but it seems the boys have given up trying this time around. Hartlepool took their time but eventually break the deadlock with a goal just before the break before eventually finishing the job with another before the final whistle.

19th January 2019
League Two

Jan19-c.png

With Eight points to be made in just three games I need to literally win every game. As you can see. I failed miserably. Oxford teased us as we put on a number of impressive attacking displays but could never find the back of the net before eventually conceding a sloppy goal before the final whistle.

Needless to say the board where quick to take action...

Jan19-sack.png

January 2019
League Two
Jan19.png

The table says more then I ever could about my time at Northampton. Now rooted to the bottom of the table, no players or tactics that could provide an eventual safety line and morale through the floor.

My work here is done.​