5 straight wins to pull it off, what a recovery! And every single point was needed too! Congrats man, enjoy your holiday, look forward to your return :)

Nice escape! Well done and enjoy your holiday!

Hopefully AW190, although have a strange knack on managing to go side-wards instead.

Thanks Deathball, it certainly was, however a lot of fun to go through. Yeah I'm under contract till the end of the next season for now.

It sure was one **** of a turn-around. Been struggling so much with tactics this year around but think I might have finally stumbled into one that works...hopefully.

Cheers Seano!

Thanks again for support, sorry for the delay but if anyone is interested Poland is definitely worth a visit, even managed to convince my girlfriend to buy me a Poland home shirt....worth it.

Having achieved something in this career worthy of any note I finally feel closer to these three men...

man1.png
man2.png
man4.png
Pep GuardiolaJose MourinhioRafa Benitez
Bayern MunichChelseaReal Madrid
£165,000 per week£145,000 per week£140,000 per week

...Its becoming apparent that this graphic is becoming increasingly irrelevant...

Somehow these three men all still remain not only in the same job but also on the same wage for almost half a decade. This kind of job loyalty at the top tier of football is not what I was expecting!

At Real, Rafa continues to defy his critics leading Madrid to a dominant treble of trophies including another Champions League trophy for the Galacticos however for the other two high earners the season was certainly not one that befitted their monstrous wages. Jose could only lead Chelsea to a third place finish in the league whilst Pep was finally unseated from the top of the Bundesliga by persistent rivals, Dortmund.

With jobs in the top three now seemingly in the balance, my own little career path has never looked stronger.

Man0.png
Derby Jack
Tranmere Rovers
£750 per week

I might be on exactly the same wages I received last season but its certainly had some massive strides forward.

Having been sacked by Northampton, I jumped to fellow relegation candidates Tranmere and in a reversal of fortunes managed to salvage my career in League Two.

With a board target finally met, Football League status still in the bag and a club that for once respects my abilities, my worth can surely only be on the rise.

Great escape in the last day! and hope you enjoyed your trip in Poland

Thanks Chaos, I most certainly did. Really worth a visit.

Tranmere.png

So having scraped through last season, I'm relativity hopeful that I might actually be able to take this team slightly further up the league as the board and myself agree to aim for a respectable mid-table position.

Having taken over the team late into the season I truly thought the squad looks a long way off from being a non-league side and despite nearly dragging me back into the Vanarama National League I wanted to keep the faith with the boys and see what they're actually capable of...

Tran19-OUT.png

...or maybe not.

Thirteen players all leave the squad as I cut the ties on no fewer then twelve contracts as they come to a close at the end of the season.

Of the mass that left however only Stone, Bennett and Maynard played any real role in the previous season with the remainder being either way off the mark or failed youth prospects, whilst Marcus Harness secures a transfer to Wycombe with the right midfielder being surplus to requirements in the team.

Time to get to work building a side capable of playing in the football league...

Tran19-IN.png

Tran19-a.png

Cost:Free

Truth be told Tranmere actually have a very good stopper in the form of Aaron McCarey but with no suitable backup keeper, I soon lept at the opportunity to snap up former Sheffield Wednesday man Lewis Thomas. The Welsh keeper is already providing some stiff competition for the starting spot between the sticks.

Tran19-b.png

Cost: Free

Another familiar face as I snap up American midfielder Kyle Scott. Having signed him for Bristol Rovers two seasons ago, he put in some solid performances under my command in the middle of the field and should make a strong addition to the team, providing us with some much needed depth.

Tran19-c.png

We have a huge hole in the flanks of the defence but the arrival of out of contract Josh Doherty soon filled it. The former Watford prodigy is yet to make a professional appearance for any club but I have faith that the Twenty Three year old will slot straight into our starting line up at this level and beyond.

Tran19-d.png

If you read earlier you might recall that I signed another young defender in the run in to the end of last season who posessed the stamina of a pensioner, forunatley the signing of Lubomir Satka should provide us with a more permanent solution. With the ability to clear everything with his head and defensive abilities way beyond this level, he looks set to make Newcastle regret releasing him on a free.

Tran19-e.png

Not going to lie sometimes I signed players solely on the fact I like their name. Joe Re is a prime example. Fortunatley Re also packs some strong attributes for a young Twenty year old and will make a superb addition to our three man midfield in the future. For now he'll be earning his stripes from the bench.

Tran19-f.png

Once seemingly on the cusp of a bright career with Middlesborough, Junior Mondal has fallen down the pecking order and now finds himself struggle to cling on to a dream of being a football player at the foot of the football league. Fortunately for us the rapid left winger is a shoe in for the squad and should be able to rain in some opportunities in the coming season

These boys are all raring to go.

Having signed a bevy of players all released from their contracts I feel I have a squad bursting with potential all eager to prove they have what it takes to ply their trade at this level and beyond.

A make or break season awaits for both me and the boys.​

Last edited:
Preseason
2019/20​

Pre19-z.png

20th July 2019
Friendly

Pre19-a.png

We kick off the pre-season with a dull game against League One's Stockport. With none of the new blood yet in the first team this was a prime opportunity for some of our more established players to showcase their worth for a starting spot in the coming season, with our back-line putting on a fine showing to put their names in the running.

27th July 2019
Friendly

Pre19-b.png

Macclesfield remain locked in the Vanarma National League and following our friendly they seem to be set on remaining that way. Left midfielder Kirby impresses down the flank as our only left winger in the squad whilst Oduwa keeps his name ahead of rival striker, Panayiotou with a well taken finish.

31st July 2019
Friendly

Pre19-c.png

I always like to see how my teams fair with the new crops coming through in the top flight and a tie against Liverpools future stars certainly showed we had a way to go before we will be knocking on the door of top flight silverware ourselves. The future reds ran out comfortable winners in their short journey across the city.

5th August 2019
Friendly

Pre19-d.png

We round off another pre-season with our annual game against feeder club Maidstone. Truth be told I didn't even know they existed and following the tie it appears they will remain undisturbed by their bigger brothers as we run out winners with ease, courtesy of a trio of goals from last season's key players.

Enough of the waiting, I've been away far too long.

It's time to see how high I can take the Mighty Rovers.​

I respect how you keep your faith in youngster when you're more likely to be in relegation fight than mid table team! Good luck and try keep them consistent.

It's tough down the bottom of the league but fingers crossed you are now going upward. It will take time to establish your reputation especially when the clubs interested in you are skint. Good story however.

Thanks a lot fishy!

Thanks Nnicod however I feel it might also be my undoing. I certainly don't learn from my mistakes.

It certainly feels that way Woolly. Glad I'm not alone in thinking it though. Thanks for your support!

August 2019

Aug19-z_1.png

10th August 2019
League Two

Aug19-a.png

So with the squad keen to prove that they can live up to my faith they put their all into the game but fall short in the second half following a well worked corner from Leyton Orient. The loss is a cruel way to start the season but there are certainly some encouraging signs from the team, we can only hope lady luck favors us.

13th August 2019
Capital One Cup - 1st Round

LC19-a.png

League One's Barnsley meet us in the first round of the League Cup and they soon boot us out of the competition. An early red card for key defender, Satka certainly didn't help but the Capital One Cup has been a bit of a non-starter so far in my career. So far I've been knocked out in the first round both times conceding a total of six goals and scoring a grand total of nothing... Wembley is a long way away.

17th August 2019
League Two

Aug19-b.png

Morecambe narrowly avoided relegation with us last season and we only just managed to cling on to the three points with a first half own goal being the only thing that could separate the two clubs. With both us looked at as relegation candidates this could prove to be a crucial three points already.

20th August 2019
League Two

Aug19-c.png

With Morecambe gifting us the victory in the last game we ran out of luck just three days later as Forest Green pick up a comfortable three points at home. We struggled to match the promotion contenders pace through-out the game and look way short of joining them in the early running for the top spot.

24th August 2019
League Two

Aug19-d.png

Having showed worryingly familiar signs of last season against Forest Green I was keen to see the boys show that this season is not set to be a repeat horror show and they certainly managed to prove that they are willing to fight for their football league status, claiming a respectable draw.

31st August 2019
League Two

Aug19-e.png

Having returned from suspension following a horrific tackle in the League Cup Satka was back on the lips of the fans for the right reasons, smashing home a thumping header from a well worked corner. The Slovakian centre-back could be an absolute revelation for the club and is already proving that he is going to have a large say in the outcome of this season.

August 2019
League Two

Aug19.png

So with a mixed month we suitably find ourselves in the safety of mid-table. Having been unable to lay down any kind of form in the league at this early stage its hard to see how this season is going to pan out but quite frankly if it carries on like this I will be more then happy.​

Great win at Morecambe, thats the kind of result that will keep you up.
A great point against Newport aswell.
Forest Green seem to be a hit or miss fixture, unlucky against them

Thanks alot Seano, Forest Green have been a bit of a surprise package in the league so far. Hoping I can do what Tranmere have done in your game one day!

September 2019

Sep19-z.png

3rd September 2019
Johnstone's Paint Trophy North - 1st Round
JPT19-a.png

Having been thrown clean out of the League Cup we repeat the feat in Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the hands of league rivals, Carlisle. Things got off to a shocking start with an own goal within the first ten minutes but we never looked like ever making any progress in the competition with Carlisle smashing home three goals of their own. Humiliating.

7th September 2019
League Two

Sep19-a.png

With our progress in the Cups being altogether appalling we do manage to over turn our shocking start to the month with an efficient goal against a strong Yeovil side. The Glovers will be looking for promotion this season but an early slip against the lowly Rovers could prove costly.

14th September 2019
League Two

Sep19-b.png

Another week and another victory. Barrow have signed big in the window bringing in the likes of Goal-scorer Matt Derbyshire but they could do little to stop a rampant Tranmere as we run out four goal winners. Lone striker, Oduwa continues to show why he remains at the forefront of the team-sheet with a clinical brace.

17th September 2019
League Two

Sep19-c.png

On the back of an impressive duo of victories we go up against a formidable Hartlepool side and manage to salvage a respectable point. Having gone behind in just six minutes, the boys showed that last season's sloppy season was well behind them fighting back to reclaim a point and narrowly miss out on a resurgent victory.

21st September 2019
League Two

Sep19-d.png

Burton have gone from the cusp of life in the Championship to now looking like strugglers in the football league's basement. Football can be a cruel game and an impressive set of goals either side of the second half made the Brewer's days even darker pushing them further into the mire.

28th September 2019
League Two

Sep19-e.png

Stevenage are looking like real promotion contenders this season having sailed to the top of the table with ease but against what seems to be a determined Tranmere they finally faltered dropping points following an own-goal from a goal-mouth scramble.

September 2019
League Two

Sep19.png

Following a sensational month in the league we have gone from being comfortable on the mid-table to being stuck into the play-off race. With over Thirty-Six games remaining in the season there is certainly a long way to go but the board, the fans and ever the players are loving their new found status at the top end of the table.

Last edited:

Tranmere.png

With things going surprisingly well in the league I find myself with an unfamiliar feeling.

A sense of over-achieving.

Non the less despite being two months into the season I found myself once-more adding to the ranks at Tranmere.

Oct19-Tran0.png

Oct19-Tran.png

Becoming one of the highest-earners in the club it took a lot of persuading to land Irish prospect Dylan Connolly. Having featured prominently in the last two seasons with League One's Doncaster he was surprisingly released as the club struggle to fight against relegation. Rovers loss however is our gain as the rapid winger will slot perfectly into our team making a key starter down the left.

With a squad now brimming with talent and players hungry to make amends for a horror show of a season last year we can hopefully build upon our impressive start to the season.

Last edited:

October 2019​

Oct19-z.png

5th October 2019
League Two

Oct19-a.png

Yeah. Bristol Rovers got promoted. I could quite happily have ignored the fact that my former club are back but the Pirates mark their return to the football league by getting one over on the manager that only succeeded in turning them into a mid-table Vanarama National side by snatching a deserved victory in a thrilling game at the Memorial Ground. I'm not bitter...honest.

12th October 2019
League Two

Oct19-b.png

A poor start to the game saw the usually reliable McCarey flap at a cross and only succeed in palming into his own net, fortunatley his blushes are spared by the ever reliable Oduwa who smashes home a goal with three minutes left on the clock for a valuable point.

19th October 2019
League Two

Oct19-c.png

New signing Connolly makes himself known to the Tranmere faithful by smashing home an incredible hat-trick on the road. The Irish winger is certainly one to look out for and based on his first half performance alone he looks set for an important season with Rovers.

22nd October 2019
League Two

Oct19-d.png

Junior Mondal is not to be outshone by his new found team-mate on the opposite flank, smashing home an impressive long range effort from the right but it proved to not be enough to secure the points as Oxford make sure they get a share by tucking home a deserved equalizer.

26th October 2019
League Two

Oct19-e.png

Despite new star, Darren Connolly tucking home the fourth goal of his three game long career in a Tranmere shirt we failed to capitalize, conceding early in the first half and then switching off again as the referee was about to bring the game to a close. Not going to be troubling the title chasers with performances like this.

October 2019
League Two

Oct19.png

Following another mixed month the clubs finds itself slowly sliding back into mid-table obscurity. Non the less, with a third of the season now over the club remarkably is still trying to acclimatize to life at the top end of the table, sitting in a play-off spot as we enter November.​

Last edited:
Good to see this season is looking up. If you manage to keep your squad from feeling pressured, you may still fight out for promotion!

Cheers Deathball, I'm trying not to get excited about it but I feel like the season could be a promising one finally!

November 2019

Nov19-z.png

2nd November 2019
League Two

Nov19-a.png

Having shown signs of inconsistency in the previous month, the boys are keen to prove that they have earned their position with the front runners in the league by tucking three goals past a surprisingly weak Woking, with Oduwa once again taking the plaudits.

8th November 2019
FA Cup - 1st Round

FAC19-a.png

Having never failed to make it to the Third round of the competition we nearly suffer my first early exit as a struggling Grimsby side nearly cause an upset with an early goal. Fortunately the inform Oduwa was there to once again rescue the club, keeping my impressive FA Cup form alive...for now.

16th November 2019
League Two

Nov19-b.png

Returning to the league and we pick up another victory following an exciting first half of football. For the third time this season we are reliant on an own goal but non the less it was a deserved three points for the boys as their place in the play-off spots grows ever stronger.

20th November 2019
FA Cup - 1st Round Replay

FAC19-b.png

With Grimsby nearly knocking us out of the competition in the home leg, I was truly worried that we might be about to say goodbye to the competition that has started to become my bizarre specialty. As it turns out I need not have even questioned it as an inform Tranmere destroy Grimsby on the road with a rare brace from Panayiotou assuring me that the St Kitts & Nevis striker is still ready and able to find the net.

23rd November 2019
League Two

Nov19-c.png

Walsall are one of the Pre-Season favorites for the title and despite a slow start to their season they certainly look to be making up for lost ground in style, tucking home an early goal to claim a rare victory at the fortress that is the Tranmere Stadium.

30th November 2019
League Two

Nov19-d.png

Portsmouth have been wallowing between League One and Two for far too long. The former FA Cup winners and Premier League side seem to be without any real purpose since their dramatic plunge down the leagues but a neat victory at Fratton Park atleast ensured they would still be in the running to escape the foot of the football league.

November 2019
League Two

Nov19.png

Yeah I forgot to take a proper screenshot of the league so had to rustle this one up instead. Apologies. Non the less its a disappointing view for the Tranmere faithful as the club lasts just two seasons in the play-off positions eventually sliding out with Newport and Crewe quick to take advantage.

Last edited:
Well I had to say good start if you just can keep them in mid table you will start get some rep!

keep up the good work, get those home wins and scrap for the away ones!

Thanks Nnicod, I desperately need something to go on the CV!

Cheers Seano, I'm doing my best!

December 2019​

Dec19-z.png

8th December 2019
FA Cup - 2nd Round​

FAC19-c.png

We start to the festive period off by ensuring that my own tradition of making into the third round remains intact by sneaking past fellow League Two side, Crawley. With another potentially lucrative tie in the third round secured the board rewarded me with some welcome news at the full time whistle.​
Dec19-Con1.png

Dec19-Con2.png

14th December 2019
League Two​

Dec19-a.png

Having helped to secure me a One hundred and Twenty Five pound increase in the last game I repay Crawley with another clinical defeat. The midfield this time takes the credit with the increasingly popular Connolly and the ever reliable Adams both finding the back of the net to get my new tenure under the freshly signed contract off to a perfect start.

21st December 2019
League Two

Dec19-b.png

With Oduwo taking a much deserved rest following a knock last month, Panayiotou has grabbed the opportunity of a starting spot upfront with both hands, snatching an impressive brace to help us slip past Leyton Orient. Picking up points against our fellow mid-table sides continues to keep us agonizingly close to the play-offs.

26th December 2019
League Two

Dec19-c.png

Having smashed home a brace, Panayiotou makes it a Christmas to remember with a superb hat-trick. York could have provided us with some serious problems as they continue to try and push themselves away from the relegation dog-fight but they are soon put to the sword by some ruthless finishing.

29th December 2019
League Two

Dec19-d.png

The year is rounded off in style as we make it an unbeaten festive period with Panayiotou tucking home his sixth game in three matches, sending me into the new year with a welcome dilemma. Former front man, Oduwa is back to full fitness but with our St Kitts & Nevis striker in fine form, I know how stiff competition for the lone role at the front.

December 2019
League Two

Dec19.png

So with November seemingly signalling a mid-table finish was on the cards we suddenly turn everything on its head by ramming our way into not only the play-off position but well and truly into the race for automatic promotion and even the title itself. Its tight at the top with only one point separating leaders Stevenage and the chasing five teams, incredibly we are in with a shot!

Last edited: