May 2024​

May24-z.png

4th May 2024
MLS

May24-a.png

Having blagged my way through-out this entire career, it seem's my previous history has finally caught up with me. A disastrous month kicks off with a frustrating defeat to Toronto with a fifth minute goal leaving City stranded as chance after chance fails to find it's way through a resilient Toronto back-line. And so it begins...

9th May 2024
MLS

May24-b.png

A brief glimmer of hope almost saw the boys pick up a victory over Atlanta United but a goal just four minutes from the final whistle saw United deservedly claw back a point as some hap-hazard defending from both sides saw the goals flying in across the pitch. Unfortunately this disappointing draw was somehow the only highlight of the month. Sweet Jesus.

11th May 2024
MLS

May24-c.png

Having been on the losing end in the first month of the season, Bamford finds the back of the net once more to send his Chicago Fire side past the down-trodden New York with his impressive feat of revenge adding to our woes and pushing us further into the mire with just five months of football remaining.

18th May 2024
MLS

May24-d.png

Jack Cresswell's opening goal within just ten minutes gave the home crowd a slim hope of coming out of this slump until a Dallas goal just three minutes later leveled the score, with Luiz Antonio putting the boot in just before the break all but ensuring my time in America is coming to an end. I need to escape. Quickly.

22nd May 2024
MLS

May24-e.png

The month is rounded off with yet another narrow defeat as Portland Timbers take advantage of the most generous team in the League having grabbed a goal either side of the break to ensure all three points before the hour mark. Joe Mason's second half goal failed to lift my hopes but some much needed news from back home certainly did...
Jun24-6th.png

May 2024
MLS - Eastern Conference

May24.png

May 2024
MLS - Supporters Shield

May24-1.png

Predictably any hopes of actually grabbing something from this season has gone already. Brilliant. Fortunately with New York City very much in free-fall I actually have a longed for opportunity back in Europe. With seasons across the continent drawing to a close, it's now or never for my escape from the States!

Hope Palace offer you the job. Patrick Bamford playing for Chicago made me chuckle

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I seriously need to get out Naterr.

Thanks Sam, yeah expected him to be a quality Premier League finisher by now...guess not.

Cheers Stuart, me too!

Thanks Neavie Pops!

Fingers crossed Iwabik!​

June 2024

Jun24-z.png

1st June 2024
MLS

Jun24-a.png

With just one game of the month there's not really much building of suspense. An Eight goal thriller brings my time in the States to a fittingly bizarre end. With both teams reduced down to ten men within the opening fifteen minutes the tone was set for the remained of the game as full blooded battle saw City send me off in style as I finally make my long awaited return to Europe...
Jun24-9th_1.png

June 2024
MLS - Eastern Conference

Jun24.png

June 2024
MLS - Supporters Shield

Jun24-1.png

With my bags quickly packed and the flight back to Fortress Europa hastily booked, I leave the Big Apple with the boys at least still in with at least a slim shot of finally picking up that long awaited trophy. For me it's time to return home. With the country now firmly into the Brexit era, it's time to see if an EU free Britain can finally bring an end to my trophy-less career.

Last edited:
Just had a read through for the first time - Nice story!
Never been so invested in someone else making money HA

From the pigeons to the Eagles eh? Certainly climbing up the food chain!

Should be a good move!

Congrats on the move mate! Back in the big leagues and big bucks (or rather pounds now seeing as you've left the good old US of A behind!)

Thanks Stuart!

Cheers Dave! Here's hoping it makes a difference!

Kind of Wilko...I'll explain more later. Thanks as always.

Thanks very much Copycat, appreciate it! If only it was all real! ....One of these days!

I never thought to make that link. Beautiful. Thanks alot Seano!

Cheers Neavie! I honestly can't wait for some proper football!

NYCFC.png

Goodbye America!

New York, New York So good they named it twice...Shame I hated it.

With my quick trip over the Atlantic not coming quickly enough, there's just enough time to take one quick glance over my shoulder at just what went down in the world of Soccer.

2022/23
MLS

2223.png

Oct22-1.png

My first season in America see's me make a quick impact in the Yankee Stadium as we managed to turn around City's New York Project to lift the club from the foot of the table into the lofty heights of Nineteenth. With my first taste of the States rewarding me with some instant impact it seemed I was destined for glory...

2023/24
MLS

2324.png

Oct23-1.png

My second season in the MLS heralded the arrival of some veteran European stars to the team and their arrival nearly heralded my first taste of silverware. In the end a spirited third place finish and some rapid progress up the standings from the entire team almost made up for the MLS's frustratingly bizarre structure. Almost.

2024/25
MLS

2425.png

Jun24-1.png

With the novelty of managing in America already worn thin, a strong start to the season almost gave me renewed motivation to make it in the land of the free until a complete collapse of form had me pining for home. With my head held at an all time low and the MLS almost breaking my will, a welcome escape gives me a shot at rejuvenating this career.

Another short stay has me add to my growing number of clubs but once again I fail to get my hands on a single piece of silverware...

With my motivation at a worrying slump and my former achievements in England quickly forgotten it's time to get back to work on my burgeoning career back in the home of football.

It's good to be back...

Wow, this is a nice challenge!

I'm keen to try this myself :)
Which leagues did you enable for this career?

Loved this story. Took a good 2 hours to read all of it! Got my inspiration and motivation to start my own journeyman save on FM17 (had given up when I'd finished a dismal 9th with Liverpool in the Premier League and 11th with Milan in the Serie A thinking this game was impossible). Now, I know that I gotta start from the bottom and have loads of patience to have a positive swing. Thanks Jack for this thread. Keep it going! Want to see how your stint with the Eagles goes. ^_^