The Fortnight Challenge

I just beat them :D got held annoyingly in the first leg and then punished them in the second leg, play sampdoria in the final. 2 games left, top of the league by 1 point, got to play arsenal next who are second! it's well tense.
and yer I'd love to see it mate, need to put your screenies up too don't forget!

If your sig's correct you just won the EPL! Grats :D

Well this one way to open the scoreline... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4vt6ZKBq0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4vt6ZKBq0[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm only in December on my save, will try to power though fixtures tomorrow.

at the moment I'm -

2nd in Premier League
1st in Europa league group
still in the league Cup & FA cup (which wont start until January)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6fzDN-dFU"]YouTube - Uefa Europa League Official Theme Song[/ame]
Listen to this song while you're reading ha

Manchester City Season Review

Well! I finally finished it, and it's probably one of the best games I've ever played on FM.. Absolutely incredible and with the best finale ever in the history of FM ever!
I only saved the game once, right at the very beginning - and I'm just about to save it after this screenshot!

View attachment 135825

The screenshot says I saved it 6 times, but actually that was because I had rolling auto-save on, and only realised in October so I took it off.

To the actual football:

1) Trophy Cabinet

So after an incredible, breathtaking and nerve-racking season, I managed to get 3 trophies! We had some luck along the way, especially in the Premier League, but some of the performances were nothing short of exceptional:

images

images

UEFACUP.jpg

I am very proud to have won all three, as I've never done it before in my history on FM.

2) Season Review

We played some brilliant football after the first few months of gelling, and the players brought in were superb. I'll cover the Premier League story first.

a) The Premier League

For long stretches of the season, we were not altogether in the title race. We started brilliantly but then started dropping points all over the shop, and Liverpool took a great lead into the business end of the season. The turning point for us was an incredible 5-1 win at home to Anfield:

View attachment 135857
We were a goal down and the title looked like it would be heading to Anfield but we fought back amazingly and won convincingly.

The title was far from ours though, and we had to face Arsenal in the penultimate game, and they were a point behind us having drawn. We went behind twice, but Phillippe Mexes put in an incredible shift to bring us back from the death.

View attachment 135858
Which took us down to the final game of the season. If we beat Fulham at home we would win, if we drew then it would hand the initiative over to Arsenal...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXTo6vezmns"]YouTube - Man City 5 - 5 Fulham - Match Highlights[/ame]
As it happened we drew, but my nerves were shot. We went 1-0 up, then they equalised, then we went 2-1 up, then they equalised, then we capitulated and at half time it was 4-2. We came out second half and played like Champions, and Carlos Tevez was exceptional, bagging 4 goals that were out of this world.

If Arsenal could have held on to a 2-0 lead that they had against Birmingham they would have won the league, but they dropped in the second half to send the title to Mancehster City.
An unbelievable show of character that defined our Premier League season..

View attachment 135830

b) The FA Cup
An altogether different story. We started well with a 5-0 demolition of Bradford, with a number of youth players starting. We were exceptional.

The same could not be said of the 4th Round against Peterborough United...

View attachment 135863
Absolutely hammered, truly devestating, but the only real scar on the season.

View attachment 135832

c) The Carling Cup
Coming in at the third round, we took this competition by storm.
We started with a 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland, with Adebayor and Agbonlahor too hot for the Mackems to handle.
Up next was a trip to Burnley, where we 2-1 victors thanks to a brilliant Jack Rodwell goal.
Despite having 35shots!!! against Birmingham, we were taken into extra time, thanks to a lucky Matt Derbyshire goal right on half time. The game looked to be going to penalties when James Milner found space to slam home, despite us going down to ten men: a truly exceptional performance..
View attachment 135834

The semi-finals, up against Tottenham, it was nerve-wracking to say the least..

View attachment 135864
We were exceptional at Eastlands; Edin Dzeko, signed for 23m from Wolfsburg in January, scored two great goals to give us a comfortable lead for the second leg...

View attachment 135865
And we were through to the final. We came from behind twice to shut out Tottenham and seal our place at Wembley.
Reading were to be the unfortunate team that would face us and we were in great form, winning 5 of the 6 games leading into the final.

View attachment 135866
An unbelievable performance, every shot seemed to go in; it was like we had the Midas Touch. And there it was, our first of three trophies.
View attachment 135835

d) The Europa League
This was the centrepiece of my treble, because of the amount of games that you have to play, in such confined spaces of time, and it really showed our true qualities.

Qualifiers: We played Maritimo in the final qualifier, winning 3-0 at home, and drawing 2-2 away, sending us into the Group Stages

Group H: We shared the group with Lokomotiv Moscow, Sporting Lisbon and Aris Selonika. We beat Sporting home and away, but drew to Aris and Lokomotiv away from home, seeing us top the Group comfortably, with Sporting in second.

1st Round: The press said we had it lucky with a draw against Salzburg. We proved that right with some great football, winning the first leg 3-1, and the second leg 4-1 - crusing into the second round.

2nd Round: Portuguese side Braga were up next, but they were no much as we brushed them aside, 3-1 in the first leg, 5-1 in the second. Goals were no problem for us.

Quarter-Final: We played FC Porto in the quarters, and went down 2-1 in the first leg thanks to an incredible performance from Brazilian Hulk. But the away goal was a killer for them..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V90yRCt3aOQ"]YouTube - Man City 2 - 0 Porto - Match Highlights[/ame]
And on to the semis.

Semi-Final: Lille were up next, and they held us to a dogged draw, before we smashed them at home, completely outplaying them and scoring two decent goals:

View attachment 135867

The Final
It was built up and it didn't dissapoint. We took the lead, before they had a man sent off for a horrible lunge on Adam Johnson. From there on we were in control and slammed two more past them, one an incredible dribble and finish from the magnificent Edin Dzeko:

View attachment 135868

Job done, and it was a truly superb campaign; we were the best team around.
View attachment 135840

Here is the final fixture, list and I'll put it into parts as it's so freaking long:

View attachment 135841
View attachment 135842
View attachment 135843

3) Personal Awards

a) The Top Goalscorers
We had some fine attacking talents on display this season and that is show in the individual goal tally. We equalled a Premier League record of 103 goals in a season!
In all competitions:

1) Carlos Tevez - 28 goals
2) Emmanuel Adebayor - 28 goals
3) Gabby Agbonlahor - 24 goals
4) Edin Dzeko - 15 goals
5) Phillippe Mexes - 14 goals
6) Adam Johnson - 11 goals
7) Mario Balotelli - 9 goals
8) David Silva - 6 goals
9) James Milner - 5 goals
10) Jack Rodwell - 3 goals

Some incredible individual goal tallies, including Dzeko's 15 since joining in the January transfer window. They should be truly congratulated.

The Top 5 assist makers in all competitions were:

1) David Silva - 22 assists
2) Adam Johnson - 21 assists
3) Emmanuel Adebayor - 21 assists
4) Gabby Agbonlahor - 10 assists
5) Edin Dzeko - 9 assists

b) International Awards:

David Silva and Emmanuel Adebayor both made the World Team of the Year at the end of December.

c) Domestic Awards:

Agbonlahor won the Players' Young Player of the Year Award
View attachment 135849
I won the Manager of the Year Award
View attachment 135853
David Silva, Phillippe Mexes and Emmanuel Adebayor made the Team of the Year, while Tevez and Agbonlahor both made the bench.
View attachment 135854

d) Transfers:
Phillippe Mexes from Roma for 6,000,000
Huge bargain - the best value for money centre back in the world, with his contract running out. We snapped him up and he became a main-stay at the back.
Renato Augusto from Bayer Leverkusen for 7,500,000
Not a legend, but did a solid job and covered a number of positions - a real squad player. Injured himself in March for 4 months.
Gabby Agbonlahor from Aston Villa for 15,000,000
I identified the need for a poacher straight away and Agbonlahor fitted the bill. Scored tons of goals, made plenty of assists and got named Young player of the Year. An all round success story.
Jack Rodwell from Everton for 19,000,000
A steep price, but a wonderful player. Only 20 and has years ahead of him, great backup and scored some vital goals.
Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg for 23,000,000
A lot of money, but we needed him in January. Proved critical in our push on 3 fronts - without him I don't think we would have won anything, he was that vital.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

1011SILVA.ashx

Sensational season. Sensational Player.

FINALLY, THE POINTS TOTAL

I'm so sorry if I've bored you all but I felt it neccessary to go in this much detail as I've never had such a good season ever and I wanted to share it, but here is what I make my points total...

Won the Premiership - 100 points
Won the Carling Cup - 50 points
Won the Europa League - 95 points
82 points in the League - 82 points
3 Players in the Team of the Year - 15 points
1 Win over Manchester United - 5 points

OVERALL POINTS TOTAL: 347 points

manchester-city.png

Blue mooonnnn...

Amazing mate, I doubt I'll even do half as well as you did. Btw, it's supposed to be 'The Fortnight Challenge' not 'The Three-Day Challenge'. :)

ha I know, I just got too into it, and I had two days off work..
that's the first real game I've played on FM11 as well so once you get on a roll, well you know how it is..

I know, still sinking in ha. some unbelievable performances.

the challenge is set, see if y'all can beat it ;)

Congratulations to samillyroy, who will undoubtedly be the manager to beat, at least for now. Great post too! Here's how my season went (sorry, no story post from me:p). Only came in 2nd place, but I think I was unlucky not to win the league with an impressive 90 points.

Transfers:
Gareth Bale: £35M
Darijo Srna: £20M
Julio Baptista: £2M loan fee
Antonio Cassano: £30M (January)

Tactics:
I decided to use a 4-4-2 wide diamond because I felt that it suited the players, especially Yaya Toure and David Silva. I don't think that the strikers fit in very well unfortunately, maybe Dzeko would have helped as a target man. Otherwise the tactic worked well for the team.

Results
Premier League Runners-Up: 75 points
-League points bonus: 90 points

Europa League Champions: 95 points

Carling Cup Quarter-Finalists: 0

FA Cup Semi-Finalists: 30 points

3 players named to Team of the Year: 15

1 victory against Man Utd: 5

Total: 310 points

Leading scorers:
Carlos Tevez - 36
Mario Balotelli - 22
David Silva - 14
Emmanuel Adebayor - 12
Kolo Toure - 11

Strangely, Carlos Tevez only had a few goals until January, at least 30 were scored in the last half of the season or so. I was about to try to transfer him for being useless but he started scoring hattrick after hattrick all of a sudden. Balotelli scored all his goals before January- he requested a transfer so I sent him to reserve squad permanently. Too bad, he had 22 in 26 apps. Cassano didn't even make the list, although he came in January he had plenty of time to catch up, very disappointing, motivation was "complacent" or "disinterested" many matches. Overall, low number of goals scored (by FM standards), 77 in premier league.

Balotelli:

Assists:
David Silva - 22
Gareth Bale - 16
James Milner - 12
Carlos Tevez - 11
Adam Johnson - 10

Manager's Players of the Year
David Silva and Yaya Toure :wub::wub: Such a pleasure having these two very good, consistent performers on the team.

My team is taking a while to gel together but we'll get there in the end... Hopefully... :S

Congrats to Samillyroy and loveangel. I have also finished the season and finished 1st. We got off to good, but shaky start, going 1-0 down to fulham and milner scoring twice on his debut to win the game, the same against newcastle where he scored 3rd best goal of the season ( I uploaded it to youtube but don't know how to get it on here). We entered January unbeaten and we scoring a crazy amount of goals. I only saved it a couple of times but had the auto save on for every month by accident.
View attachment 136057

Signings
At the start of the season I got no transfer funds, and I was like WTF. Then I just asked the board to sign Torres and Ganso. This was successful and got Torres for £78 mil and Ganso was £17.5 mil. I then got £44.5 mil to spend in January and bought lukaku for £10 mil

Competitions
After a great season in the premiership I finshed 1st and scored 110 goals, won the league with 3 games to spare (lost 2 of the last 3). There were some great games to watch in this season, like I going 3-0 to west brom and balotelli turning up the heat and scoring a hat-trick, with torres and lukaku also on the score sheet to win the game 6-3. I also beat Man utd twice (3-2, 3-1), beat chelsea 4-0 (home) and did the double over arsenal.
View attachment 136015

I also won the Europa League, with a fair amount of ease, I beat ajax in the final 3-2 (Torres was banned) and should have scored more.
View attachment 136020View attachment 136058View attachment 136059View attachment 136060View attachment 136061
Domestic cups were awful, got chelsea in the 3rd round of carling cup and went out. In the FA cup went out the Burnley, with a second team and wasn't too bothered really.
View attachment 136015View attachment 136016View attachment 136017View attachment 136018View attachment 136019View attachment 136020

Players
I played an attacking 4-4-2, which I originally used in an Arsenal save. It creates a lot of shots and is solid at the back, if the right players are used.

My strike force was the best I've ever seen, but what would you expect with Torres ( and Tevez upfront. I also played Balotelli on the left and was definitely my best player. He scored 25 goals and got 21 assists in 50 appearances, got 15 MoM's.

Here's a tally ( Appearances - Goals- Assists- MoM's)
Tevez: 47 - 39 - 18 - 6 I don't know why people are complaining, just play him as a poacher
Torres: 45 - 35 - 13 - 8
Balotelli: 50 - 25 - 21 - 15 Again how can people hate him, all you need to do is praise him, no discipline necessary.
Milner: 56 - 13 - 11 - 4
Silva: 37 - 4 - 17 - 2
Ganso: 54 - 1 - 20 - 3
View attachment 136048View attachment 136049View attachment 136052View attachment 136053

Europa League - 95 pts
Premier League points - 89 pts
Players in team of the season (5) - 25 pts
Wins over Man Utd (2)- 10 pts
Total- 319 points, looks like the domestic cups cost me.

mate I love the background for that skin, where d'you get it?

to get it on here, go on your youtube, find the video, then simply copy the link onto a comment and it will turn into a video :)

and crazy signing in torres haa. 78m! I only get 70 to start with.. well played though, won the league better than I did..

after a great start to the league something like 8 games unbeaten they;ve took a slide and i cant buy a win! I've just drawn 1-1 with S'land at home...
On the other hand im still in all the other cups in January, finished top of my group in Europe and beat United in the Quarter Finals of the League Cup,
Signed Gareth Bale in July for 40 Million,
and got John Fleck {Rangers}, Mexes, Verthongen joining in today (january 1st)
Currently 5th in the league with Tevez my top scorer 22 gls, 23 games

Finished season now & will upload all screenies tomorrow

View attachment 136822

Finished 2nd in Premier League- 75pts
1 point per Premier League point- 90pts

FA Cup winner- 75pts
League Cup Winner- 50pts

Europa League Winner- 95pts

Kolo Toure made Team of the year- 5pts
One league win over Man Utd- 5pts

Total Points- 395pts

The game was saved a total of 10 times :)

How are the rest of you guy's getting on?? any updates??

Thanks for putting all your entries in, its been great, sorry for the absence, but I'll put up a proper post in a bit oh and matoskoi your in, sorry about the lateness again guys and for sticking with it :)

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

01Results.png

League Table

1. broxi713 - 395
2. hazmanv2 - 365
3. samillyroy - 347
4. The_Special_13 - 319
5. loveangel - 310

Last edited: