MrStu01

Reaction score
As i have had issues with my previous saves lately this has been saved on a different laptop hence the new story! Hope you guys enjoy...would like some subscriptions for this post (hoping it will be longterm)

View attachment 358964
This save follows my FM alter-ego Chris Waterman in his new job as Kyiv manager, the aim of this save is 3 fold:
1. Become Ukranian No.1 & World Top 10
2. Increase club reputation to Continental
3. Build team full of youngsters & join NextGen series

These are the current facilities i am dealing with
View attachment 358967

To begin i have decided that improving my Youth Coaching and Scouting network will help me to achieve aim 3.
This meant approaching my board and requesting an increase in youth coaching budget and also request for a feeder club in a foreign country to boost my scouting network

View attachment 358965 View attachment 358966

Transfer Targets:
In keeping with aim 3 i am scouting for some young talent to better my squad. This transition won't happen immediately however within 3 years i want my team to be built from young players with no player older than 25. For 2012/13 season these are my current targets.
View attachment 358968 View attachment 358969 View attachment 358970

Potential Youth Talent
These players are currently Kyiv players and are guys i think have potential to become first team players within my 3 year plan.
View attachment 358971 View attachment 358972 View attachment 358973

So here the season begins. If you guys can give me any tips/advice things you want to see etc. please let me know kinda new to the whole Eastern Europe deal.

Early Season Update:

Ukrainian Premier League
View attachment 359053 View attachment 359079

Kyiv 2-2 Illichivets
View attachment 359058

Goverla 1-4 Kyiv
View attachment 359059

Kyiv 0-1 Shaktar
View attachment 359060

Vorskla 0-2 Kyiv
View attachment 359061

Chornomorets 2-1 Kyiv
View attachment 359062

Ukrainian Cup

View attachment 359054 View attachment 359055

European Champions Cup
View attachment 359056

Motherwell 0-2 Kyiv
Brilliant win after a long haul flight for Kyiv. A match they never looked like losing was capped by goals from Korkishko & Yarmalenko as well as an impressive outing for Marco Ruben.

Kyiv 3-2 Motherwell
A more competitive game for Kyiv in which a younger side produced a battling display against a determined Motherwell side. It was the old head of Niko Kranjcar whose freekick hat-trick sent Kyiv through to the final playoff.

View attachment 359076 View attachment 359057

10 Games down...

Ukrainian Premier League

View attachment 359237 View attachment 359238
An improvement over the past 5 games has started a 3 game unbeaten run and moved Kyiv into 2nd....but 9pt gap to Shaktar may be tough to chase down

Kyiv 1-0 Dnipro
View attachment 359240

Zorya 1-0 Kyiv
View attachment 359241

Kyiv 2-0 Metalurg Zp
View attachment 359242

Kryvbas 0-1 Kyiv
View attachment 359243

Kyiv 3-2 Karpaty
View attachment 359244

European Champions Cup

Feyenoord 1-2 Kyiv
A solid opening game in which we gave ourselves a good chance of qualifying thanks to goals from Ruben and Yarmolenko before an injury time goal back from the hosts.

Kyiv 1-0 Feyenoord
The return match heralded a much tougher test in which Feyenoord dominated large spells but a great passing move saw Marco Ruben add to his European tally to send Kyiv through.

View attachment 359245
This is how our group looks. Thankfully a relatively even group meaning we have avoided the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.

Transfer Window Summary (July-September)

View attachment 359247

View attachment 359251 View attachment 359252

View attachment 359254 View attachment 359255

Future Transfer:
View attachment 359256 View attachment 359257

World Transfer News:
View attachment 359259

Arthur Maia looks pretty good, should help make a difference!!

Arthur Maia looks pretty good, should help make a difference!!

Yeah a lot of good things about him plays in Brazil 2nd Div only found him by chance. Can't wait until 2014 for him to join

Cup Update:

Because there is a lot going on in my season posts regarding Ukrainian Cup and Europe are likely delayed or forgotten however during International Break here is the situation.

Round 2:
Kremin 0-3 Kyiv
View attachment 359503
A very boring first half had upset written all over it based on the unfamiliar look about Kyiv, however reserve striker Milevskyi popped up with a 2nd half hat-trick (which has earnt him first team status for now at 27y.o.) and those goals won the game in a dominant half of football.

Round 3:
View attachment 359505
So this is how the draw shapes up for the next round. Another favorable tie which should see us comfortably into Round 4.

Other News:
Kyiv have turned up the style and set a new record for games unbeaten currently standing at 8 going into the International break, however Shaktar currently hole the Ukrainian league record of 12 also from this season.

Star Man:
Eugene Khacheridi (DEF)

Since the start of the season until now (October in game) Khacheridi has been not only a rock in Defence but has also popped up with crucial goals and many key blocks including a last ditch tackle against Karpaty to save Kyiv. Head and Shoulders ahead of his team mates for this award so far.
300px-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%95%D0%B2%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B9.jpg

Mid Season Review:

Fine run continued.....briefly
View attachment 360926 View attachment 360927

Ukrainian Premier League

View attachment 360928
After a positive 10 games our run continued but after a frantic night in Champions Cup vs Porto our form has taken a turn for the worst. European update will be provided separately but it has seen us slip down the table and even seen us fail to get a win this season against Illichivets who boast a draw and victory against us...here's hoping the final half of the season sees a change in fortunes...

Metalurg D 0-1 Kyiv
View attachment 360930

Kyiv 3-0 Arsenal Kyiv

View attachment 360931

Tavria 0-1 Kyiv
View attachment 360933

Kyiv 1-2 Volyn
View attachment 360934

Metalist 1-1 Kyiv

View attachment 360935

Kyiv 0-1 Illichivets
View attachment 360936

Cup Update

View attachment 360939 View attachment 360938
A far from impressive display saw Kyiv slip through into the QF of the Ukrainian Cup. Despite numerous chances it was a struggle for Kyiv to breakthrough disciplined ranks.

View attachment 360940

Other News

So at the halfway stage of the season, cup progress is rumbling along comfortably with no issues so far however the league season has taken a hit recently and a change of personal may be in order come January.
In terms of club objectives, aim 1 & 2 are struggling but are definitely long term goals but aim 3 is looking very achieveable over the next 3 years as many of my youth prospects are currently performing brilliantly out on loan! The future is bright.

Star Player
Andriy Yarmolenko
Rating: 7.84

220px-Andriy_Yarmolenko5.JPG

I love the ukranian league so its nice to see another story on here, I chose Dnipro for my one and made them dominant, try and pick up Ruslan Rotan, Selezynov and Konoplyanka, Dnipro is full of young decent ukranians

Yeah tired of all the big league stories so thought this would be good try and break Shaktar as the big club. Cheers for the advice too will look into them. Not sure if Dnipro will sell as i'm a rival but worth a try. If you wana see anything else or have any more advice let me know not too familiar with Ukraine

European Champions Cup:

View attachment 361072

So the European Champions Cup group stages pitted me against FC Porto, Club Brugge and Molde Fk. It was considered that my main challengers were supposed to be FC Porto and i had a good feeling going into the competition that i could get through. I was joined in the competition by Shaktar who had a significantly more difficult group.

View attachment 361073
Table of Results

Kyiv 1-1 Club Brugge
This game represented a positive start for us despite only managing a draw we were classy throughout and showed our ability against another top team. We had to hold down the fort after Yarmolenko slotted us ahead but alas just after HT we conceded and failed to find a breakthrough after that.

Molde FK 0-1 Kyiv
Our first win in the group stages brought about positive praise from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Molde manager) who said he admired our attacking desire and was pleased his team only kept it to one. There was a good mutual respect born between both managers and that transferred into the game itself which finished with no bookings and classy performances by both midfields. Thankfully an early goal from Kachieridi set the standard for the game.

Kyiv 2-2 FC Porto

Huge game in our group and a chance i thought to test myself against a quality side. Porto gave us no favours and throughout dominated possession and chances which saw them race into a 1-0 lead thankfully only for 5 minutes. Just before the end Martinez made it 2-1 Porto which came against the run of play to my disappointment but into added time Milevskyi struck to rescue a well earnt point. This match started a poor run of form for us.

FC Porto 2-1 Kyiv
The return match heralded a defeat and a performance which did not represent the spirit of the first game. 2 red cards and an error prone display from Veloso and Kranjcar lost us the game as Lucho Gonzalez ran riot over our backline.

Club Brugge 2-2 Kyiv
This was a match we were always in control of but unfortunately added time worked against us as Brugge found their way through with a towering header from a corner to save a 2-2 draw thus propelling them into 2nd and me down to 3rd setting up a final day showdown as they traveled to Porto and i hosted Molde.

Kyiv 0-2 Molde
View attachment 361077 View attachment 361078
As you can see a far more disappointing final day than i expected in a game we dominated for the most part but just wasted so many chances. It was worse that my first and best 11 represented me on the pitch bar 2 injuries to Vida (CB) and Gusev (RB). Also oddly Brugge won 3-0 away at Porto. What more can i say?

View attachment 361079

We have now reached a mid season break from December until March (new to me) where i am hoping to arrange some friendlies to keep the sharpness up and rebuild confidence. Will follow with updates of transfers and friendlies.

Unlucky mate, would have been nice to get 3rd and get the Europa League! Hopefully you'll get some nice regens in your youth intake :D

Unlucky mate, would have been nice to get 3rd and get the Europa League! Hopefully you'll get some nice regens in your youth intake :D

Yeah absolutely gutted by the head to head rule in Champions League. Should have posted final standings as i had better GD and Alphabetical i am ahead of Molde but alas no more europe for me. Looking forward to my new youth team they got a lot of experience on loan just guna be tough knowing who is ready. When do regens appear in ukraine or south america? figure thats where my talent is likely to be cheapest for me.

The Winter Break
As mentioned previously we have hit a winter break in Ukraine and based on our previous disappointments i decided it would be best to arrange some friendlies to test my squad.

View attachment 362112

As you can see our preparations involved a tour of Russia and then a trip across the ocean to play in Southern and Central America against potential affiliation clubs.

Kyiv 3-1 Dynamo Academy
Our winter began with a solid victory against a youth academy side. In respect a relatively young Kyiv side took to the field testing my fringe players and potential suitors for next season. Roman Bezus staked an early claim for a starting spot with a hat trick making him the MoM.

From Russia with Love
The Russian leg of tour brought great success including a hard fought draw vs. Rubin and also 3 clean sheets which showed positive progress. The unfortunate for us was the poor performances of Kranjcar and Ideye.

Rubin 0-0 Kyiv

Torpedo Moscow 0-1 Kyiv

Metalurg Kuzbass 0-3 Kyiv

Star Player:
Roman Bezus - 7.87

The Americas
The final part of the tour saw a trip to South and Central America which produced a tougher test with 2 draws and 1 defeat from 3 games. The positives were the return home of Marco Ruben and Julian Velazquez and also the stunning displays of Denys Garmash.

Botofogo 1-1 Kyiv

Velez 3-1 Kyiv

America 2-2 Kyiv

Star Player:
Marco Ruben & Denys Garmash - 7.92

A convincing and pleasing tour which has produced some good morale for many players. I am now jetting off on holiday for two weeks before Deadline Day!

Other News:

View attachment 362119 Kyiv talisman Nico Kranjcar has agreed an extension to his current deal keeping him as a key member in helping bring youngsters through next season. Waterman stated "I am pleased Nico has agreed to stay on and help our ongoing project. His experience is invaluable to the wave of youngsters coming through."

View attachment 362120 Kyiv CB Eugene Khacheridi was runner up in the Ukrainian Player of the Year a proud moment for player and club. In a statement Eugene announced "I'd like to thank Chris and the rest of the staff for helping me achieve such high status and pushing me to do better. I want to continue the great things i am currently achieving and set a new standard for Kyiv with the hope of becoming Number 1 next season."

Potential Targets
These two are potential new signing who have been offered to me by their respective clubs. I am currently debating negotiations with both the plan would be to keep Filipe at the club and have Federico Andrada sent out on loan to build some key stats. However the fact they are foreign makes them risks because of the number i am allowed in my squad.

View attachment 362125 View attachment 362126

Transfer Update: January 31-March 1 2013
With the final league run coming soon this update is aimed at providing details about the winter window. It operates differently in Ukraine which was interesting to me and although we had no activity in terms of signing any new faces i was happy with some deals and the chance to see my new youth intake.

2 exciting loan moves for Kyiv youngsters
View attachment 362153 View attachment 362154
2 of our best youngsters managed to secure important loan moves during this window. Ismailov secured a move to rivals Dnipro which i consider to be a big part of his development. He has already been called up to the national team and impressed me during pre season and is widely expected to appear in my first team plans next season. As for Vitally Buyalskyi joining 1st Division Obolon he has been ranted major first team opportunities which can only benefit his development alongside the fact he has made 6 appearances for our first team this season. These two will benefit greatly from the amount of support they will receive elsewhere.

Shock announcements rock Kyiv!
View attachment 362156
After rebuffing interest from Arsenal the future of talisman Andriy Yarmolenko seemed secure before this shocking announcement! Andriy confirmed in a meeting with club manager Chris Waterman that he wants to move to a bigger club in order to further his career. Waterman stated "I have spoke with Andriy and we have reached a mutual agreement that he will stay on until the end of the season. Following this i shall follow his wishes and look for a move away for him."

Elsewhere it was confirmed there are at least two foreign big wigs looking at taking Dudu away from Kyiv at the end of the season with the midfielder refusing to rule out the possible appeal of a move abroad.

Youth Intake
View attachment 362159
Today Dynamo Kyiv revealed their new youth intake for the following season. Eugene Yudin (Head of Youth Development) has signed all players onto youth trial deals and the following players have been highlighted as potential recruits to watch:

View attachment 362161 View attachment 362162 View attachment 362164

Future Signings?
View attachment 362165 View attachment 362166
These two have landed on my desk from my scouting team and have drawn my interest. As with the previous guys they are both foreign which could cause issues unless i sell off some of my imports. But my other problem is the number of youth players i am looking at. AM i becoming too obsessed with age and good stats when perhaps i should settle with what i have?

Ukrainian Premier League Update:

View attachment 362193 View attachment 362194

A terrific run of form following the winter break has seen Kyiv battle into 3rd position. The top 3 are all still in the title hunt however a loss to Karpaty in my last game prevented us climbing into 2nd. Time is running out for a title win!

Kyiv 1-1 Vorskla
View attachment 362197

Kyiv 3-1 Chornomorets
View attachment 362198

Dnipro 0-3 Kyiv
View attachment 362199

Metalurg ZP 0-2 Kyiv

View attachment 362200

Kyiv 2-0 Zorya

View attachment 362201

Kyiv 1-0 Kryvbas
View attachment 362202

Karpaty 2-1 Kyiv
View attachment 362203

So we have reached the business end of the season and it's getting tense. I'd assume Shaktar are run away leaders but there are still points up for grabs so anything could happen. I will post a final season update which will include league, cup and other news and reassess my options from there.

your form is going better now after that blip, suprised at seeing Karpaty being second, to beat Shakhtar in the league you have to win every game bar the Shakhtar games, in my Dnipro game 25 wins out of 30 was about right i think

your form is going better now after that blip, suprised at seeing Karpaty being second, to beat Shakhtar in the league you have to win every game bar the Shakhtar games, in my Dnipro game 25 wins out of 30 was about right i think

Yeah very glad im out that blip. The winter break seems to have done wonders. Yeah a bit annoyed that Karpaty are 2nd but i suppose form is a big issue. Hopefully we can take the fight to the end.

End of Season Review:
Aims:
1. Challenge for the title

2. Play Attacking Football

Ukrainian Cup
View attachment 364624
A tough battle against Karpaty saw us gain a semi final place in the competition with a 1-0 victory.

View attachment 364626 View attachment 364627
A relatively easy draw in the semis has given us a a great chance of reaching the final.

View attachment 364634 View attachment 364635 View attachment 364636
What was supposed to be a relatively comfortable tie turned into a penalty shootout win which was very uncomfortable. Thankfully we prevailed thanks to some fine goalkeeping work. As a result i will face fierce rivals Shakhtar in the final.

KYIV WIN CUP
View attachment 364643 View attachment 364641 View attachment 364642 View attachment 364644

Final League Standings
View attachment 364646

Kyiv 1-0 Meatlurg D
View attachment 364649

Arsenal Kyiv 1-3 Kyiv
View attachment 364650

Kyiv 0-0 Tavria
View attachment 364651

Volyn 1-2 Kyiv
View attachment 364652

Kyiv 3-1 Metalist
View attachment 364653

View attachment 364654 View attachment 364655 View attachment 364656
So ends a dramatic league campaign which eventually saw us climb into 2nd place thus securing a Champions Cup place. Shakhtar cemented their position in first and there was no catching them however i am hopeful that next season will be different.

Other News:
View attachment 364659

View attachment 364657 View attachment 364658
I managed to secure a new deal with the club to continue the work i have started. As a part of the deal i suggested a youth policy in my contract to help with my own personal aim and thankfully the club agreed. SO here's to a successful future.

View attachment 364660
Technology advancements have left our facilities downgraded which may lead to problems for the coming season, something i will look to address.

Player of the Season:

Eugene Khacheridi
300px-%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%95%D0%B2%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B9.jpg