CiaranSafc

Reaction score
View attachment 138372
View attachment 138373View attachment 138374
Capellos Departure rings in the changes in England.
Today it has been announced that the long awaited departure of Fabio Capello has finally happened. The Italian has failed to impress during his reign of the England national side. Firstly there was the player ratings scandal which would have surely brought team morale down and Capello would have deffinetly have lost the respect of the lads this showed in the World Cup as the side got Hammered by Germany in the Knockout stages. His reign also seen the Wayne Rooney *** scandal. None of the above helped the manager aswell as having a prodominatly Italian back staff things were nothing short of being hard for the Manager. It is believed that Capello will take a year out to think were the next step in his carreer will be. Enough of looking at the past, were now looking forward to the future which may be bright.
View attachment 138375
The new manager is a bit of a suprise to many outside of the premier league, but many people within the Premier League will not see the Appointment of Ian Holloway as a suprise as the manager has been nothing short of a miracle worker and he is also a Charasmatic manager and has brilliant man management skills. The Manager has been around a few times and has always had reasonable results and success but in recent years after a conversation with his father he has ofcourse settled down and became a better manager for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgHcZqIfhcA

View attachment 138376View attachment 138377
With the season fast approaching and not much manager talent out there things were getting tough for blackpool. With the likes of Martin O’ Neill and Chris Houghton not wanting to get back into the game again it left Blackpool with limited or no options, the other lower league managers they wanted such as Lee Clark or Brendan Rodgers were out of the running as they neither wanted to leave their current clubs or their current clubs not allowing them to speak to Blackpool. And with their financial situation they cant attract the biggest of names. But no one thought they would go this low. They have announced that they will be Hiring a new unknown manager known as Ciaran Race heres a Factfile on the lad.

Born : 12:11:1975 (In Game)
Career : Sunday League Player, who went on to gain UEFA coaching and refereeing badges in a bid to become a more active part of his local community. Caught the eye of Blackpool as his Side beat the Blackpool youth team in the highly coveted Milk Cup in Northern Ireland. Approached and almost immdeiatly signed with Blackpool.

Prefered Tactic
GK
RB CB CB LB
CM CM
RW --------------LW
ST ST
View attachment 138378View attachment 138379
Possible Transfer Targets
Marko Babic
Phil Bardsley
Christian Benitez
Alex Chamberlin
Thierry Henry
Pancrate
Rivaldo
James Tomkins
Vaclav Kadlec
Andrew Davies
Alex Smithies
Leigh Griffiths

And lastly the manager has promised us a squad review and interview after the transfer window has closed.

Transfers + August

View attachment 138467
View attachment 138468

Ok soo lets have a look and see who has joined the tangerine dream. The Board gave me a decent budget of £4.6 million to spend but the wage budget was just £180,000 per week. this would mean i would have to try and get some decent cheap players in on cheap wages and in all honesty thats what i think i done.
View attachment 138469View attachment 138470
Soo the two free transfers we signed were Bernard Mendy and Fabrice Pancrate, both the lads have pace which is what the side lacks, Mendy is very versatile and can play most positions in midfield aswell as right back, his role will to be the right back and to add extra speed when asked to move forward. Pancrate will be known to some Blackpool fans from his time with Newcastle in the Championship, fast lad with some flair, should do well.
View attachment 138471
Then we signed Rivaldo, yes hes 38 but he will provide experience for all the lads, still technically gifted, and will help shirt sales and bring a bit more national exposure to the club, signed for more business reasons than footballing. and a bargain at £180,000.
View attachment 138472View attachment 138473View attachment 138474
Next to join the tangerine Dream was Leigh Griffiths and Alex Smithies,for a combined fee of around £1.1 million. smithies has great potential and is undoubtaly our future Number 1 keeper. Griffiths is a great talent upfront and will provide some goal power and could forge a deadly partnership with D.J Campbell. Young defender James Tomkins joined for a loan fee of £450,000 from west ham, some youth fitness and pace into the backline.
View attachment 138475View attachment 138476
Next up we broke the £1 million mark for Vaclav Kadlec, the lad has great potential and can play attacking midfield aswell as upfront, may be asked to play on the left attacking midfield position to give us pace and skill but will get chances upfront aswell. The final signing was then Andrew Davies from Stoke, the young Central defender will slot straight into the side and has some much needed class.

Total Spent £4.6 Million.

View attachment 138481View attachment 138482
We also shifted out our fair share of players. Brett Ormerod went to Millwall for £550,000 to hopefully win some much needed and wanted match time. then Gary Taylor- Fletcher went to Wigan for £1.5 million as he was deemed surplus to requirments. Jason Uell was also shipped out for £275,000 to Torino for first theam football. then we loaned lads out. Malaury Martin went to Reading on loand. Matt Phillips joined Derby and Demontagnac joined Shewsbury.

Total Made £2.3 Million.

Pre Season Results:
Blackpool 4-0 Limavady
Blackpool 1-0 Brechin
Blackpool 6-1 Morton
Blackpool 4-1 Eastbourne Boro
Blackpool 8-0 Dungannon
Blackpool 4-0 Newry

Squad :
Goalkeepers
:
View attachment 138473
Alex Smithies: young newly acquired keeper who has alot of potential, could even be this years Number 1
Matthew Gilks: Good experienced keeper, will fight for his number 1 Spot.
Richard Kingson: Ghannas keeper, great reflexes but a bit of a calamity at times.

Defenders :
Key Men
:
View attachment 138483
Stephen Crainey, first choice left back with a very good left foot.
Bernard Mendy, First choice right back, good speed and strength and Fitness and not a bad tackler.
Andrew Davies, the new lad will be one of the first names on the Team Sheet.
Ian Evatt, Strong central defender, old fashioned and can tackle well.
Rest of the Defense:
Dekel Keinan, Alex John Baptiste,Neal Eardley, James Tomkins, Craig Cathcart, Chris Basham.

Midfielders:
Key Men :

View attachment 138484
Charlie Adam, Great central midfielder who will pull all the strings this season.
David Vaughan, Really improved since joining Blackpool and llike Adam can pick a pass and a shot.
Elliot Grandin, Skillfull attacking midfielder who should do well.
The rest of Midfield:
Keith Southern,Ludovic Sylvestre, Luke Varney, Fabrice Pancrate, Kadlec.

Strikers
Key Men
:
View attachment 138485
DJ Campbell, Pacey, Skillfull and gets in great positions, Main Striker.
Marlon Harewood, Strong and Pacey Striker, has a chance to prove himself at Blackpool.
Leigh Griffiths, Young stiker with bags of potential and hopefully a lot of goals in him, will be used in Rotation
Kadlec, another young lad, great potential and cant wait to see him.
Finally Rivaldo, old lad of the team, experience and still very technically gifted, used as an impact player more than anything.

First match of the season, going into this match i was nervous, it was ofcourse my first match as manager and it would just be my luck that it would be against the club i supported, Sunderland. In the run in to the game i was expecting a nice response from the Sunderland fans and manager but it was not to be, before a ball was even kicked we were being condemed as favourites to go down. Steve Bruce even said i was out of my depth and would be fired before christmas, i decided not to retaliate to show the players that we do out talking on the pitch.

View attachment 138495

The Team.
Alex Smithies
B.Mendy Davies Tomkins Crainey
Adam Sylvestre
Grandin--------------Kadlec
Harewood D.J Campbell

We went into this game with the same attitude that Ian Holloway had instilled in the team, Attack and play our football not theirs.

View attachment 138496
Blackpool 4-2 Sunderland
Andrew Davies (9) Bent (3+91)
Harewood (44)
DJ Campbell (57)
Leigh Griffiths (79)

Things looked shakey at the start with Sunderland being such a quick and energetic side with Gyan and Bent upfront they always looked dangerious on the attack and Bent Scored within 3 minutes as he tapped in an Elmohamody Cross.Davies Scored from the corner as he met Adams corner. Harewood gave us the lead as he volleyed in Grandins cross. We then went on to dominate as Harewood found Campbell with a through ball, Campbell then lashed the ball into the back of the net. Griffiths then scored at the front stick from a Campbell cross. Bent then scored on the 91st minute after a smart gyan cross and an even smarter finish at the front post from bent.

As i said i let my lads do the talking on the pitch, after this match we occupy first in the table. Next Up Giants Man Utd and im sure the lads are well up for it.

In the Run Up to our Blackpool match yet another manager has condemned our chances of staying up, Managing great Sir Alex Ferguson has said he does not envy me and my position and that the chances of us staying up are between slim and none, well we shall see at the end of the season.

View attachment 138497

The Team:
Alex Smithies
Mendy Davies Tomkins Crainey
Adam Vaughan
Grandin-------------Kadlec
Harewood DJ Campbell

View attachment 138498
Blackpool 0-6 Man Utd
Berbatov (16,31,68)
Nani (35)
Vertonghen (45+1)
Wayne Rooney (54)

Well what can i say, we were outclassed all over the pitch today, id like to say the lads were impressive and i was happy with their effort, but i save the lieng for my girlfriend. Speaking of my girlfriend, Berbatov spanked us today and showed some real class with his hatrick. Hopefully the lads will bounce back stronger than ever.

Blackpool vs Dag & Red ( League Cup 2nd Round)
The Team.
Smitthies
Mendy Davies Keinan Crainey
Adam Sylvestre
Grandin-------------Vaughan
Griffiths Kadlec

View attachment 138499
Blackpool 2-0 Dag & Red
We controlled all areas today and were good value for our lead. after some great team play Vaughan provided the killer pass for Griffiths to score. Kadlec then scored a 20 yard screamer for the second, a truley wonderful Individual goal. Rivaldo then came on for a cameo apperance with ten minutes to go and the Dag&Red players were starstruck and the Brazillian nearly scored a cracking long range effort but was denied by the post. The match was then overshadowed as Luke Varney was then horrificly injured and had to come off and will b out of action for upto 6 months. We Will now play Wolves in the next round.

View attachment 138500

The Team:
Smithies
Mendy Tomkins Cathcart Crainey
Adam Sylvestre
Grandin-------------Pancrate
Kadlec Harewood

View attachment 138501
Arsenal 5-0 Blackpool
Van Persie (1)
Diaby (8,68)
Nasri (38)
Squillaci (80)

Well we were truly taught a lesson on how to play football today. Wengers side were great and they dominated us all over the pitch, our attacking approach doesnt seem to be working well.

Well thats this month over and 2 wins and 2 losses and despite the way we lost, losing
5-0 to arsenal and 6-0 to United im not suprised that we got hammered. We did Hammer Sunderland though which i was delighted with.

View attachment 138476
The player off the month is Andrew Davies with some great performances in the Centre of Defence.​

Last edited:
Bdw if anyones following, give me a few tips please or if you request any screenshorts or other info just let me know :)

Very Nice mate KIU!
Check my story out if you get the chance. Also maybe include some News reports etc. Adds some diversity. :)

Very Nice mate KIU!
Check my story out if you get the chance. Also maybe include some News reports etc. Adds some diversity. :)

Np buddy, as soon as something worthwile comes up ill add it in from time to time, been watching it even though it is newcastle:p

Nice story buddy :) first time i'v seen this one about! looks promising apart from the thrashings from man utd and arsenal! but these are the mistakes we learn from! :) keep it up :D

Nice story buddy :) first time i'v seen this one about! looks promising apart from the thrashings from man utd and arsenal! but these are the mistakes we learn from! :) keep it up :D

Thanks, havent seen a blackpool one about, and i love them so yeah hopefully it works out, hopefully get some jizztastic frees like you :p

View attachment 138599
View attachment 138600
So in the build up to yet another important match it seems that the trend is for managers to try and get the lads down by condemning us to relegation before they even play us, well this seems to have a positive effect as the lads get riled up and really look forward to the games and this is down to the commitment and love of the club that the lads ofcourse have.

View attachment 138601

The Lineup:

Smithies
Adam Sylvestre
Pancrate----------------Grandin
Kadlec ---DJ Campbell.

View attachment 138602View attachment 138603
Blackpool 3-1 Aston Villa
DJ Campbell (8) John Carew (72)
Kadlec (60) Dunne S/O (76)
Mendy(pen 77)

After 8 minutes we were off to an absolute flyer thanks to a goal from Campbell, Kadlec received the ball on the edge of the area and twisted and turned the sluggish Aston Villa defenders and passed to team mate Campbell who then slotted home into the open net. Kadlec then scored an absolutely cracking effort on the 60th minute as he cut in from the left and smashed the ball into the top corner. After Dunne fowled Kadlec in the box Mendy stepped up and tucked the penalty away well into the top left hand corner of the net.
View attachment 138604
Managers view” im sick and tired of these premiership teams underestimating us, yes they may have the money and better skilled players but they don’t have the team spirit and the determination that we do, our lads our like a family here, the whole club has a family feel about it. I remember watching a film before, any given Sunday and the speech in it and more specificily this one line... Either we heal as a team or we will die as individuals. This somes up our spirit and the morale amongst the ranks”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

Last edited:
View attachment 138606
View attachment 138607

So our next match is against fellow relegation candidates Wigan and it is a must win game, im convinced that the team will win and the lads know that and have the same confidence.

View attachment 138612

The Team:
Smithies
Adam Vaughan
Pancrate------------Grandin
DJ Campbell -------Kadlec

Blackpool 5-0 Wigan
Campbell (3)
James Tomkins (6,21)
Pancrate (11)
Kadlec (50)

View attachment 138610View attachment 138609
Well what more can i say, the lads were absolutely terrific today and we controlled all areas off the match today and looked like the hungrier side all over the pitch. Campbell scored a cracking goal as he took Pancrates cross in his stride and struck at the near post to give us an early lead. Tomkins then scored from a Vaughan corner as he rose well to head home. Pancrate then scored as he met Grandins cross at the back stick and hit the ball back across the keeper to score. Tomkins then scored again from the corner with another bullet header.Kadlec finished the scoring as Alcaraz didn’t clear the ball or do much else with it as he allowed Kadlec to steal it from him and rifle his first time shot into the bottom corner.

View attachment 138611
Managers View” well hello and first of all ive a few things to talk about today some good some bad so lets jump head first into the bad. Well at this club i have a top class central midfielder pulling all the strings, known to many as Charlie Adam, now Charlies contract runs out at the end of the season, now i may get in trouble, but how does this club expect me to do well when i cant keep my key players here. Now its time for the good What a result today, we absolutely hammered Wigan today and Vaughan and young Tomkins were Brilliant today and were doing well as of late with two great results in the league, im proud off the lads”

Last edited:
Ohh! 5-0 pasting there! just what your team needed buddy! :D and a good win against Villa! :D keep it up :)

Good update and good stroy so far pal, keep it coming, im following.

Thanks matey, need followers :L

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Ohh! 5-0 pasting there! just what your team needed buddy! :D and a good win against Villa! :D keep it up :)

Ano i was delighted with them both, give it the owwl air punch and juped up and down :L

Ano i was delighted with them both, give it the owwl air punch and juped up and down :L[/QUOTE]

hahaa its great when emotions take over on computer games 8-|

View attachment 138797
View attachment 138798
Next up we have Wolves in the League Cup, now this may only be the third round but i really do feel as if we can win this competition, this competition used to be laughed at by the bigger teams and a way for them to play their youngsters and squad players. Though in recent years bigger theams struggling for trophies have taken it more seriously however were also being underestimated which is working well for us.

View attachment 138799

The Team:
Smithies
Eardley Tomkins Keinan Crainey
Basham
Vaughan
Pancrate--------------Grandin
Campbell ---Kadlec​

View attachment 138800View attachment 138801
Blackpool 2-1 Wolves ( League Cup 3rd Round)
Griffiths (78) Jones (18)
Harewood (84)

So today was a big match aswell as wanting to achieve a good position in the league i would really love a good league run to get the morale up, i know the run of games may get tough and the lads might get tired but we have the depth and strength there to cope with it. So back to the game, David Jones scored and absolutely cracking goal as he hammered the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area. After a one two between Griffiths and Campbell, it left Griffiths free in the box for an easy tap in. Griffiths looked dangerous for the whole match and always looked like he was going to score. Harewood then scored the winning goal and what a goal it was as he took past 3 defenders and left one on the ground then powered the ball home, great effort by Harewood.
View attachment 138802
Managers View “ weve progressed to the 4th round of the League Cup and im delighted, even happier that it was the two lads that came off the bench that scored, there inputs were brilliant, bit disappointed of course that the lads that were already on didn’t do the job but for Marlon and Griffdog to come on and score the goals was great to see. Hopefully we can go far in this cup and maybe even reach the final.”

Last edited:
View attachment 138819
View attachment 138820
So were back into the league and were travelling to West Ham this week which is always a tough fixture, even though there not the side they used to be they still have quality amongst the ranks with Parker, Noble,Upson,Green and Obina just to name a few. So hopefully we can go there and come away with something.

View attachment 138821

The Team:
Smithies
Eardley Tomkins Keinan Crainey
Basham
Vaughan
Pancrate--------------Grandin
Griffiths ---Campbell

View attachment 138823View attachment 138822
Blackpool 3-2 West Ham
Griffiths(19,27,39) Piquionne(16)
Berrera (30)
After just 16 minutes today West ham took the lead as acre found the French man on the right wing, he then cut inside and rifled the ball into the far corner a great finish by Piquionne. The match then went back and forward as we both tried to get the all important second goal.West Ham had 3 yellow cards within the first half trying to stop our attacks. We finally got a goal back as Campbell done well in evading 3 tackles before passing to griffiths who was free in the box. Griffiths then scored again as he profited from a Brilliant cross from Pancrate to score the second. Berrera then got a goal back as he cut in from the right side of the box and passed the ball into the back of the net. Once again for the third Pancrate and Griffiths combined as Pancrates brillianlty hit cross found the head of Griffiths who scored.
View attachment 138824
Managers View “ we got a result here today and im happy about the result, were unbeaten in 3 now and the confidence is there now with the lads so hopefully the run of results continues and we can do well and stay up. Now pancrates performance was something to behold, great vision and innitiative to get forward as much as he did and get past a few defenders and both his crosses were brilliant, yes Griffiths scored them but without Pancrate the balls wouldnt have reached him.”

Last edited:
unlucky against west ham :( just need the team to bond a bit more mate awesome win in the league cup though, how far you thinking of going in that?

View attachment 138844
View attachment 138845

Player Spotlight, Following some great performances in the League Kadlec has been awarded the player of the month award. He has played very well and has managed to grab himself 2 goals in his last 3 appearances. Also managing to get an assist, The lad who joined newly in the summer from Sparta Prague has been brilliant so far and has played wherever hes been asked to play with a smile on his face. Im also delighted that Pancrate finished in second place for the run in for player of the month, the tricky winger was brilliant with some great runs and performances.
View attachment 138848

Next up we have a tough fixture against Fulham who are a tough working side and Mark Hughes’s sides are always a tough working side and are always hard to beat, but hopefully Adam will be able to unlock their defence and we can use Campbells Blistering speed and Kadlecs run in form should bode well for us.

View attachment 138849

The Team:
Smithies
Basham
Adam
Pacrate---------------Grandin
Campbell -------Kadlec

View attachment 138847View attachment 138846
Blackpool 5-1 Fulham
Campbell (6) Dempsey (58)
Griffiths (pen11) Pantisl S/O (9)
Adam (45)
Kadlec (85)
Harewood (90+1)

What a performance from the lads, its now 4 games won in a row which is brilliant for the confidence, nothing will beat grabbing 5 goals against such a hard team, Mark Hughes sides are usually very hard to break down but the lads were just absolutely brilliant today and im sure that the fans are loving every moment of this win. Campbell scored just after 6 minutes as Griffiths done well to set him up and he finished well with his left foot.Griffiths then scored from the penalty spot as he smashed the ball into the top corner after he won the penalty himself.Adam scored next as he found pancrates ball at the back stick and smashed the ball into the roof off the net.Substitute Kadlec then came off the bench to score as he found Sylvestres headed through ball as he scored as the ball went in off the post. Harewood then scored the best goal as he latched onto Kadlecs through ball and blasted in from 25 yards./FONT]

Last edited:
unlucky against west ham :( just need the team to bond a bit more mate awesome win in the league cup though, how far you thinking of going in that?

As far as possible, really think we can get to the final, Got Huddersfield in the next round so yeah not the hardest, bad loss there against fulham :(