Great season mate, you've really managed to develop your youngsters really well, Aaron Barrett in particular looks like he will be an animal in a few years. I've only just got my first player from the youth system with Premier League potential although his stats aren't particularly impressive. Do you keep players in the youth team for the first couple of seasons or send them straight out on loan?

It all depends on quite a few factors and I'm not following any strict guidelines on how to develop my youngsters. So far I've upgraded youth coaching and recruitment whenever possible which really helps getting a nice youngster every now and then. As for how to get them in the first team: when I realize that a youth player couldn't do the job much worse than anyone else, he's in. When I have an aging player in a position I have a promising youngster in, I'll rotate for a season, then change roles. I only send the less promising lads out on loan, I really like to control the game time of the really talented ones. Basically nothing special.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 20/21 done.
We had a really good start, an average run in the middle of the season, a short but horrible drop then and another great run at the end of the season. This left us 8th with one game to go, one point behind Villa and Boro. I had hopes but didn't expect to go into the playoffs as both teams just refused to drop points in the past few weeks. Well, we won our game against Birmingham, Boro drew at Brighton and Villa drew against Derby, so we somehow slipped into the playoffs as late as possible. Considering we hadn't lost for 8 games and only conceded 3 during that run I was optimistic that we could do it.

The semifinal had us facing Sheff Wed with Gabriel Humbert, still a Colwyn Bay icon. We won the first leg 1-0 thanks to a penalty but should have won higher. But we got into serious injury problems. Apart from Sanchez Watt and Gethin Jones, Skeldon was out. This meant 'no midfield' for us. I intended to park the bus and get the 0-0 but our goalkeeper didn't agree and thus conceded from 50+ meters. Well, he then saved a penalty later in the game to rescue us, but still. Extra time saw us missing two sitters and I had a bad feeling going into penalties. Luckily GK Owain fon Williams had already shown that he is good at saving penalties. FINAL!

View attachment 306565View attachment 306566

Derby County was our opponent. A few weeks back we drew 1-1 with them at Colwyn Bay Stadium, but we were the superior team. At Wembley we had even more injury problems. 5 first teamers were out, including Kyle Skeldon and our wingers. The side we fielded in this game was pretty much your average League One side. As to be expected, Derby was the better team, but we just sat back and relied on our strengths - a rock solid defense and set pieces. Gisli scores a header from a corner 9 minutes in, Piric doubles our lead thanks to a penalty in minute 33. Derby tried, Derby dominated, but Derby didn't score. PREMIER LEAGUE, HERE WE COME!

View attachment 306567

View attachment 306568View attachment 306569

To be honest we were **** of lucky, the team was never anywhere near good enough and we needed the lottery within the lottery (think Sheff Wed). But it also showed what can be reached when just focusing on your strengths tactically while always keeping up the team spirit.
Cupwise we did okay. COC saw us defeating Grimsby and Leicester before being utterly luckfucked by Southampton. Luck is also a keyword talking about the FA Cup. Swansea (beaten), Wolves (beaten) and ManUtd were our only opponents this year. Man Utd finished runners up after getting past City and Arsenal, losing to Chelsea. This could have been the most amazing cup run in the history of... ever. :D

View attachment 306570View attachment 306571

As you can see, this was achieved boasting a 70% Welsh squad (if second nationalities count which I really hope, as none of the guys had a game for another country yet). I will not change the percentage below 70% in order to speed up my process as that would really ruin the fun. Due to the retirement of Hao and us parting ways with Callum Farrell (100% English despite being a Colwyn Bay prospect - traitor!) we do have a few foreign slots freed up. Those will be needed, as I can't see many Welshmen providing significant improvements.

Well, the players have basically been the same ones as last season. We replaced Matty Done with Sanchez Watt, who did even better and is younger as well. Another problem could be solved with the signing of Owain fon Williams, he is a decent enough goalkeeper and probably has 2 more years. The number 10 spot was occupied by Marino Piric whom we bought for 800k from Hajduk. Once he settled in he had a great season including 9 MoM performances.
Our young Welshmen did well with the exception of Aaron Barrett, who managed to score a whopping 6 goals in his 30+ matches. His backup Stuart Bloor stepped in so it didn't pose too much of a problem. Huw Hughes did well as always. Our next first teamer might be Stefan Poole who is retrained to be our next RB. He will make it. Also, say hello to Ray Bellamy.

View attachment 306538

Could become quite a striker given the right training. As you can see on the screenshot, we are already quite a few weeks into the new season and will have to fight to stay up. Another thing you can see is the following:

View attachment 306548

That makes it 20 points for promotion with a 70% Welsh squad + 30 points for becoming Welsh manager. Together with all the previous points (5 for promotion from BSN, 5 for BSP, 5 for FAT, 5 for L2, 7,5 (?) for L1) that would make 77,5 points. I don't really get why there is tuckson and tuckson 2.0 tbh, especially as the points don't really seem to fit then.

If you want some screenshots for certain players or anything, just tell me, I am too lazy to do some kind of player analysis right now.​

Last edited:
That makes it 20 points for promotion with a 70% Welsh squad + 30 points for becoming Welsh manager. Together with all the previous points (5 for promotion from BSN, 5 for BSP, 5 for FAT, 5 for L2, 7,5 (?) for L1) that would make 77,5 points. I don't really get why there is tuckson and tuckson 2.0 tbh, especially as the points don't really seem to fit then.​

There is a Tuckson 2.0 because you started a new save remember? I can delete the first tuckson attempt if you want and just continue with Tuckson 2. Instead of giving you 7.5 I just gave you 10 for promotion from league 1 7.5 is a pain in the *** to add up and I didn't feel like dealing with it!. As I said above I will try and update the table every weekend so I will add your points to the total Sunday night.

There is a Tuckson 2.0 because you started a new save remember? I can delete the first tuckson attempt if you want and just continue with Tuckson 2. Instead of giving you 7.5 I just gave you 10 for promotion from league 1 7.5 is a pain in the *** to add up and I didn't feel like dealing with it!. As I said above I will try and update the table every weekend so I will add your points to the total Sunday night.

Doess't make a real difference to the points but all I did was take a break from FM around Christmas, then picked up the game again ;) Just delete it, wouldn't really make sense anyway.

The 2018/2019 season was an extremely successful one as we were able to win the Npower Championship and therefore gain promotion to the Premier League. The target for next season is simply to stay up and hopefully reap the financial rewards the league brings. I have only been given an £8 million budget with £33,000 a week extra wages although I may adjust this and look for a few free transfers depending on what I can do in the summer.

View attachment 307239

Also thought I would post some of the youth prospects I have got through the academy in the past couple of seasons. As you can see there are some good players in there but I feel I may need to improve my youth and training facilities to help them reach their potential as they aren't too great at the moment.

View attachment 307242View attachment 307243View attachment 307244View attachment 307245View attachment 307246

In terms of points, I have: Won BSN (10), Won BSP (10), Won League 2 (10), Promoted from League 1 (7.5), Won The Championship (20) so I'm on 57.5 in total. I really hope the Wales job becomes available soon as I want a chance to manage Gareth Bale before he starts to decline, he's 30 at the moment I think!​

I really like the look of this challenge, thinking of adding a new dimension to it and starting as Merthyr Town in the 9th tier of English football as well as being Wales manager. Thoughts?

Will also try to take Merthyr Town to the premier league using only Welsh players, could be the ultimate challenge.

The amount of time that would take you to do that - I think you'd experience a huge influx of good welsh talent. Just in the fact that Swansea and Wrexham are in the PL and Cardiff are in the Champ still has drastically improved the overall amount of welsh talent in the league.

Be sure to load the welsh leagues as that will definately help you in stealing players from the welsh league system. I look forward to seeing this challenge played out with Merthyr Town and I guess we will have to implement a different point tier for them - when you get there of course ;).

How's this for a first half of a season in the Premier League, after winning our first game we then went 10 games without a win including a loss to bottom of the Championship side Portsmouth in the League Cup. However things have started to turn around with a 5-0 victory over Wigan and since then we have managed to notch wins against the likes of Tottenham, Man United and Everton. Hopefully we are given extra transfer funds in January as I still think we may need improvements to stay up as our first 11 is decent but apart from that we don't have much quality in the squad.

View attachment 308355

Edit: What a great first season in the Premier League it turned out to be. After looking like certainty's for relegation after around 10 games we managed to turn our form around and finish a very respectable 9th in the League. However, the main story of the season was our incredible FA cup victory, which means we are in Europe next season. It made it even sweeter that we had to go past Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham to do it!

View attachment 309110View attachment 309112View attachment 309111

Also got a couple of great prospects through the Youth Academy, a full back and a center midfielder. Hopefully in a couple of seasons the team will have a more Welsh look to it. The FA cup win will take my points total to 77.5, that's assuming that you don't get points for qualifying for the Europa League through winning the FA Cup as well.

View attachment 309114View attachment 309113

Last edited:
Well... Today was a sad day...

The 2017/18 recruits came in and my son was one of them. MIchael Price, a young lad of fifteen years old... Now I became very upset with myself as a huan being considering I'm only 31 as it is...

Then it turns out he has half a star in total potential. :/

Other than that I had one 3 star and a four and a half star keeper with a four star spanish striker. Over the next two season I want to try and link with Torino and Every club in the welsh league so I can steal their youngsters.

On another note, I've got seven games left for the season... 12 points behind city

Selling Cabaye and Fletcher and not buying any back-ups on the wings and in midfield kind of bit me in the ****

Next season though I'm gunning for Ganso, he's transfer listed by request right now at 30 mil

2012-13 Blue Square North / World Cup Quals

Had to restart this challenge due to computer problems and also now using 13.3 update. Had to fight to survive relegation for Colwyn Bay, was three points clear of safety going into final game but heavy loss made me sweat to stay up on goal difference.
Wales have done fairly well. Lost in Quals to Serbia (away), Belgium (home) and really disappointed to lose away to Scotland. Good home wins over Croatia, Macedonia and Serbia keep us three points off top spot.

View attachment 316042View attachment 316043View attachment 316044View attachment 316045

I'm going to give this a try.
I did choose to play with a Swedish manager though, accepting the penalty of only receiving 50% of the points for any accomplished achievement.

managerpic.png

View attachment 321607
The first season as manager for Swansea is over, and the results have not been very impressive, but still quite ok.

Pre-Season
During the pre-season two Welsh players left Glasgow Celtic and joined Swansea; Adam Matthews and Joe Ledley. Adam Henley, from Blackburn Rovers, also signed a contract with Swansea and the same thing did Ryan Donk from Club Brugge. Donk was after the season regarded as the best signing in Premier Divison. During the pre-season one player left the club; Ángel Rangel who signed for Reading.

January Transfers
During the transfer window in January three players joined Swansea, two of them were Irish; James McClean from Sunderland and Damien Duff from Fulham. The third one was the Albanian player Lorik Cana who left Lazio. The only player who left Swansea in January was Pablo Hernández who signed for West Brom.

Premier Division
In the Premier Division we were never really involved in the relegation battle and finished at 12th position.

View attachment 321608

FA Cup
Lost to Norwich in the fourth round.

Capital One Cup
Lost to MK Dons in the second round.

Points this season: 0

Alright, its been ages and I finally got back to my Wrexham/Wales save and I won 2 titles, the FA Cup with Wrexham and the Euros with Wales :D

View attachment 375816View attachment 375819

I had never won an international tournament before on Football Manager, but this was a great achievement using a majority Wrexham squad (50% of Wrexhams first team is Welsh either grown at the club or poached) felt quite rewarding knowing that I had a hand half my tournament squads development!

I would like to join this challenge again but I have one question, Am I allowed to use LFCMarshall's updated database for new transfers? E.G. Andreas Cornelius to Cardiff, Bony to Swansea.

God, Jono now I have to go back into my save and see what points I accumulated since my last update. Anything beyond 2026 is invalid for me as I started using FMRTE to make airbus more exciting (got my code today August 8th 2013)