Well... Long story short

Computer forced shutdown and none of my saved files work... Restarting as Colwyn Bay or some lower club -.-

Just a short "this is awesome"-post.

Meet Huw Hughes. He came through our youth in BSP in 2015 and looked quite awful. 4 stars rating and a coach report stating that he might become a good League Two defender confirmed my opinion about him. His stats really weren't anything special either.

View attachment 303065

Well. Meet Huw Hughes once more, this time in 2019. Our first Welsh international, coming from our very own youth. Born in Colwyn Bay. I think I'm in love with this game. :D

View attachment 303067View attachment 303068

edit: Shoulda waited with the post. Second game 3 days later, first goal. Winner against Hungary. ****.

Last edited:
I found a back-up file lurking around! Seasons notover yet

Our first season in The Championship went pretty well, finishing in a respectable 11th place. Our form was very patchy, we would go through spells of consistent wins and then consistent losses. The biggest success story of the season was that of Gary Chambers who we bought from Shelbourne for 180k at the start of the season and sold to Brighton for £5.25 million + 50% of his next transfer. Sure, I would have loved to keep him but the sale secured my finances as we were consistently losing big amounts of money every month last season.

View attachment 303598View attachment 303595View attachment 303597

Think we have a decent chance of promotion this season, reinvested some of the money from Chambers sale into an extra wage budget, although we have no real quality in back up, our first 11 is pretty solid so we may have a chance barring injuries. Here are some of my key player:

View attachment 303604View attachment 303605View attachment 303609View attachment 303610View attachment 303611View attachment 303612

Also, a special mention has to go to Mattieu Baudry who has became the first player to become a club icon and to be honest, his stats aren't even that impressive. His performances on the other hand.......

View attachment 303613View attachment 303614View attachment 303615

Not a formal update but I feel that many of you guys don't know many players in my team since I never post about them!

Mauro Gallo
View attachment 303619
So my best player has undoubtedly got to be this guy. Signed him for a massive £40m but it was worth it!

Borja Buelhoa
View attachment 303620Really amazed at how I got him on a free a couple of seasons back. 17 Spain caps at 21 speaks for itself!

Jaime Ojeda
View attachment 303623
Signed for £12.75m in the same season I got Borja. Was skeptical at first but he has developed into a top Argentinean player. Versatile too.

Anselmo
View attachment 303627
Good Left backs don't come around often, but when I signed this guy for £3.9m five seasons ago I knew he would turn out to be one! Developed like crazy and He is unusually tall and good at heading for a DL!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for some players from my youth system!
Lee Walsh
View attachment 303637
My best player to come through. Not a key player but certainly comfortable playing in the first team!

Players for the Future?
View attachment 303640View attachment 303641View attachment 303642
Just a shame they all play in the same position! Thoughts guys?

WARNING: This is gonna be a rather long text. Be prepared.

Initially I was not sure if my team consisting mainly of Welshmen was good enough to survive our first Championship season. We had a lot of changes before the season, many important players left, new ones came in and a few youth players had their first professional season and were already playing major roles. Everything was prepared for a long and difficult season with relegation certainly being a possibility.

That's what I thought. The first matches confirmed my fears. 0-1 Blackpool, 0-3 Villa, (a lucky) 3-3 Birmingham, 0-3 Burnley (COC), 2-4 Huddersfield. Boooooy this was gonna be awful. My team then somehow realized that we might be able to compete at this level if we tried. This made us reach a playoff spot on day 11. We couldn't keep that form up but spent all of the season somewhere in the upper midfield of the table. We secured our survival with 4 games in hand and gave the youth a chance then, otherwise we probably would have climbed up quite a bit more. Needless to say I am incredibly pleased with the season. (as we are better than Wrexham!)

View attachment 304276View attachment 304277

Capital One Cup was over in round two after a heavy beating by fellow Championship side Burnley.
FA Cup saw us heading to Old Trafford in round four. Lost 4-2, won half the revenue, which is absolutely okay. ;)

View attachment 304278

Time to mention the guys who performed so well for us this season. Key to our survival was a reasonably solid defense. Especially our central partnership of Huw Hughes and Gisli Þorvarðarsson was really impressive despite allowing 53 goals. If we exclude the first 4 games this is 42 goals in 42 games. Totally happy with that.

View attachment 304251View attachment 304252

In front of these guys there was of course Kyle Skeldon, our former record buy at 9k. He is a current English U21 international and worth 2.7 million which is exactly 300 times what we paid for him. Some good value there. But he is not only worth quite some money but also one impressive player. Was only able to play 28 games due to a major injury but still assisted 8 goals and scored one himself while simply being the one to give our game some much needed structure. And he's still only 20. And growing. Immense player. Partnering him was our new record buy, Ashley Davies. He came in for 375k € from Birmingham and did quite well. Just a solid Championship midfielder with some potential left. Apart from that Gethin Jones and John McCarthy also did well, but were in on loan and most likely wont stay.

View attachment 304255View attachment 304256

Apart from that our main striker did incredibly considering the circumstances. I present to you Aaron Barrett, 17 year old striker from the Colwyn Bay youth setup. He scored 15 goals and assisted 6 more in 38 Championship games, averaging a rating of 6.95. Very impressive for a player his age. My assistant tells me he could become a leading PL striker, I won't complain if he does.
Another youth prospect who got to play quite a few matches was Stuart Bloor. Born in Colwyn Bay, the 19 year old played 32 Championship matches to score 7 goals while assisting 2 more. His performances were certainly hampered by playing him in 5 different positions this season, but he always seemed to do well. He is injury prone though, so I'll be careful about him.
The obligatory Doble-Watch: 3 games, 2 goals. Good job, Ryan!

View attachment 304257View attachment 304258

Throughout the season we were able to reduce the number of non-Welsh first team players to three even though we used to have quite a few more at times. Some were sold or loaned out, others spend their time in the reserves, I hope I can cash in on a few of the young guys. My plan for the coming years is to have a solid core of Welshmen with some class added by foreign players, especially as there are a few problem position.

View attachment 304261View attachment 304262

Problem positions are:
- GK: Plant doesn't improve at all despite being #1, neither does Lewis
- CM:
Skeldon might leave if I can get a nice sum in, Jones and McCarthy are in on loan, so only Davies and young guns Williams and Poole might remain.
- ML/R Roche and Smith are just plain average. We do have a decent MR prospect but he'll take some time to develop. Done and Junmin don't get any younger. Also there is no useful ML in the youth/reserves.
- AMC Jones leaves, Hao and Done are old. Partington won't ever make it I'm afraid. Bloor could fill the position but I'd rather get some amazing playmaker who can win games himself.

I'll look out for Welsh players to solve these (and other) problems and might even rely on a few youth players to do so, but I'm always on the lookout for class regens as well.

Then there is the youth front. We're doing extremely well despite our crappy facilities, even securing our first youth title this season. Apart from the aforementioned guys (Barrett, Bloor, Hughes, also Poole and Williams) there are a few guys out there who might make it. I'll mention them in case one breaks through. Lot's of guys with a 3.5* or higher rating down there. Exciting times ahead in Colwyn Bay.

View attachment 304264

General Football Watch:

- Cardiff lose playoffs on penalties, Swansea stay up, Newport do the Cardiff in BSP.
- Last day of Premier League. Stoke lead the race for the title with 82 points, behind them Chelsea with 79. Stoke somehow manage to lose against a 10 man-West Ham (1-2), Chelsea luckily defeat Arsenal (2-1) and win the title on goal difference. That would have been a major upset as Stoke seriously suck (player-wise). Also, Norwich take 3rd. This is gonna be an awful year for England internationally. :D
- European Championship 2020 and Wales is in. The 23-man squad includes 3 (!) Colwyn Bay players. Apart from the obvious inclusion of Huw Hughes, Tyler Roche and Aaron Barrett might give their international debut. I demand more Ryan Doble, but Barrett is okay as well. Wales will face Holland, England and Belarus in their group.
- The 5th try of a takeover hits rocks. I'll never get a board that accepts requests. :( edit: 6th try and I strike gold. New board, 2.7 million to invest in transfers and a free youth facilities upgrade. New sponsorship adds even more money. Nice stuff!

Last edited:
WARNING: This is gonna be a rather long text. Be prepared.

Initially I was not sure if my team consisting mainly of Welshmen was good enough to survive our first Championship season. We had a lot of changes before the season, many important players left, new ones came in and a few youth players had their first professional season and were already playing major roles. Everything was prepared for a long and difficult season with relegation certainly being a possibility.

That's what I thought. The first matches confirmed my fears. 0-1 Blackpool, 0-3 Villa, (a lucky) 3-3 Birmingham, 0-3 Burnley (COC), 2-4 Huddersfield. Boooooy this was gonna be awful. My team then somehow realized that we might be able to compete at this level if we tried. This made us reach a playoff spot on day 11. We couldn't keep that form up but spent all of the season somewhere in the upper midfield of the table. We secured our survival with 4 games in hand and gave the youth a chance then, otherwise we probably would have climbed up quite a bit more. Needless to say I am incredibly pleased with the season. (as we are better than Wrexham!)

View attachment 304276View attachment 304277

Capital One Cup was over in round two after a heavy beating by fellow Championship side Burnley.
FA Cup saw us heading to Old Trafford in round four. Lost 4-2, won half the revenue, which is absolutely okay. ;)

View attachment 304278

Time to mention the guys who performed so well for us this season. Key to our survival was a reasonably solid defense. Especially our central partnership of Huw Hughes and Gisli Þorvarðarsson was really impressive despite allowing 53 goals. If we exclude the first 4 games this is 42 goals in 42 games. Totally happy with that.

View attachment 304251View attachment 304252

In front of these guys there was of course Kyle Skeldon, our former record buy at 9k. He is a current English U21 international and worth 2.7 million which is exactly 300 times what we paid for him. Some good value there. But he is not only worth quite some money but also one impressive player. Was only able to play 28 games due to a major injury but still assisted 8 goals and scored one himself while simply being the one to give our game some much needed structure. And he's still only 20. And growing. Immense player. Partnering him was our new record buy, Ashley Davies. He came in for 375k € from Birmingham and did quite well. Just a solid Championship midfielder with some potential left. Apart from that Gethin Jones and John McCarthy also did well, but were in on loan and most likely wont stay.

View attachment 304255View attachment 304256

Apart from that our main striker did incredibly considering the circumstances. I present to you Aaron Barrett, 17 year old striker from the Colwyn Bay youth setup. He scored 15 goals and assisted 6 more in 38 Championship games, averaging a rating of 6.95. Very impressive for a player his age. My assistant tells me he could become a leading PL striker, I won't complain if he does.
Another youth prospect who got to play quite a few matches was Stuart Bloor. Born in Colwyn Bay, the 19 year old played 32 Championship matches to score 7 goals while assisting 2 more. His performances were certainly hampered by playing him in 5 different positions this season, but he always seemed to do well. He is injury prone though, so I'll be careful about him.
The obligatory Doble-Watch: 3 games, 2 goals. Good job, Ryan!

View attachment 304257View attachment 304258

Throughout the season we were able to reduce the number of non-Welsh first team players to three even though we used to have quite a few more at times. Some were sold or loaned out, others spend their time in the reserves, I hope I can cash in on a few of the young guys. My plan for the coming years is to have a solid core of Welshmen with some class added by foreign players, especially as there are a few problem position.

View attachment 304261View attachment 304262

Problem positions are:
- GK: Plant doesn't improve at all despite being #1, neither does Lewis
- CM:
Skeldon might leave if I can get a nice sum in, Jones and McCarthy are in on loan, so only Davies and young guns Williams and Poole might remain.
- ML/R Roche and Smith are just plain average. We do have a decent MR prospect but he'll take some time to develop. Done and Junmin don't get any younger. Also there is no useful ML in the youth/reserves.
- AMC Jones leaves, Hao and Done are old. Partington won't ever make it I'm afraid. Bloor could fill the position but I'd rather get some amazing playmaker who can win games himself.

I'll look out for Welsh players to solve these (and other) problems and might even rely on a few youth players to do so, but I'm always on the lookout for class regens as well.

Then there is the youth front. We're doing extremely well despite our crappy facilities, even securing our first youth title this season. Apart from the aforementioned guys (Barrett, Bloor, Hughes, also Poole and Williams) there are a few guys out there who might make it. I'll mention them in case one breaks through. Lot's of guys with a 3.5* or higher rating down there. Exciting times ahead in Colwyn Bay.

View attachment 304264

General Football Watch:

- Cardiff lose playoffs on penalties, Swansea stay up, Newport do the Cardiff in BSP.
- Last day of Premier League. Stoke lead the race for the title with 82 points, behind them Chelsea with 79. Stoke somehow manage to lose against a 10 man-West Ham (1-2), Chelsea luckily defeat Arsenal (2-1) and win the title on goal difference. That would have been a major upset as Stoke seriously suck (player-wise). Also, Norwich take 3rd. This is gonna be an awful year for England internationally. :D
- European Championship 2020 and Wales is in. The 23-man squad includes 3 (!) Colwyn Bay players. Apart from the obvious inclusion of Huw Hughes, Tyler Roche and Aaron Barrett might give their international debut. I demand more Ryan Doble, but Barrett is okay as well. Wales will face Holland, England and Belarus in their group.
- The 5th try of a takeover hits rocks. I'll never get a board that accepts requests. :( edit: 6th try and I strike gold. New board, 2.7 million to invest in transfers and a free youth facilities upgrade. New sponsorship adds even more money. Nice stuff!

Great season mate, you've really managed to develop your youngsters really well, Aaron Barrett in particular looks like he will be an animal in a few years. I've only just got my first player from the youth system with Premier League potential although his stats aren't particularly impressive. Do you keep players in the youth team for the first couple of seasons or send them straight out on loan?

Quick Question:

My scouts are total bummers keep showing me all this argie talent and **** but I want them to focus on domestic. I keep telling them to scout wales, england, scotland etc and they never give me anything then a week later I get a report from that scout saying "look at these amazing (not so much) purivan players i found" Go **** your self scout I don't give a **** about those **** south american fucktards! GAWD!!

Sorry - Jono is usually my outburst outlet but he's not around atm so you all get to hear my rants

It is weird - I've been busy with school yet I've managed to swing through a season and a half in about 2 weeks. I just realized I forgot to post my results for last year. Also - Any other wrexham Managers have three kits shown?! I could have sworn I only had two up until this season!

First season in the PL and I end up with a 12th finish. Can't say I'm overly excited by it but I had a really tough string of matches which included Arsenal, MUFC, MCFC, Newcastle, then Chelsea - So having all those squads at once killed my morale an I would end up losing all of those matches then about 3 after that until the team realized we ain't this bad why are we losing to Stoke...

I did however manage to secure a precious trophy: The Capitol One Cup! Jono was right - this cup really is the staple to this challenge. To boost the squad winning this trophy helps.

So what does that mean? Europa for me - Here is how my group ended. Obviously very happy with winning the group only dropping points when I went to play HSV in Germany - Nicky Gibson got his first professional red card in that match and we ended up losing 3-1.

Here are some new players, plus Nicky Gibson and Stephan Danneberg (who has been voted for European Golden Boy)

New signings include another Gibson-esque welsh man H-D as I like to call him. He's proven to be a great signing since I have been deploying Gibson in the CM with Tlusty.

Tlusty a beauty of a signing I think he has to be the steal of the season for me! He's come in speaks English and was already capped a few times before coming to Wrexham - Europa ties will do that I guess! He's been playing CM with Gibson and the two seem to challenge even the best mid fields.

After an up and down season I decided I needed to sign new wing backs. However after seeing this guy and the price for him I decided to switch back to a flat four - Great choice in my opinion this boy is a beast and I've benefited from having both him and Tlusty this year!

Then comes the challenge of a Keeper - Jean-Durand had played well for me but there were games which I knew I lost because of poor goal keeping. So I went out looking for some one and found this kid. Payed 3ish mil for him and again I think he was a steal. Still a bit raw but he comes up HUGE for me in some big games I am very impressed. Still doesn't speak English and I don't have any players in the squad that speak Serbian so it has been a bit of a language barrier and I am constantly reminded that he is having a hard time adjusting to life - but he is playing well so he can deal with it buy him some Serbian ***** or something.

Adding to the wing back issue - I signed him before the season had ended last year and he's done well since joining early in the summer.

This guy was a target of mine since the beginning of last year. I spent an entire year praising him and telling him how he is wasting his talent wherever he was. Finally I got a message saying that he wanted to join Wrexham and that if I sent a bid for 5 mil his team would not refuse the sale. So here he is finally in a Wrexham kit.

Since it is coming up to Jan. I thought I'd show you some more incoming targets.

Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:
Aberwstwyth Town

Right, I thought I would update you guys with my other save that I have been running for the past couple of weeks in the Welsh League with Aberystwyth Town. To be honest I have been enjoying this far more than my Colwyn Bay save over the past week and if anyone has been thinking of starting a Welsh League save I would highly recommend it! First season went to plan as I won the league and qualified for the champions league second qualifying round but lost in the Welsh League Cup final and got knocked out in the early rounds of the Welsh Cup. However I find that with the clubs current semi-professional status, youth intakes are important as bringing in quality is hard! I got two players who went straight into my first team squad:

View attachment 304545View attachment 304546View attachment 304547View attachment 304548

Second season started with the Champions League second round qualifier against HJK Helsinki of Finland. We opted for a 5-4-1 counter formation in both legs and managed to scrape a 0-0 draw in the first leg but succumbed to a 1-0 loss in the away leg. These results were promising though as they showed teams much better than us were struggling to score against us. We won the league again in the second season although TNS pushed us harder this season and we won the Welsh League Cup but again failed in the Welsh Cup. Again our youth intake offered a few players with good potential.

View attachment 304549View attachment 304550View attachment 304551View attachment 304552View attachment 304553

Now this is what I am most excited about, I am currently just about to start the third season and we have managed to get past the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds of the Champions League. In the second round we were drew against FC Sheriff Tiraspol of Moldova, who's squad on paper looked better than ours however a 1-0 away win and a 0-0 draw at home with a 5-4-1 tactic was able to see us into the third round where we were drawn against......... FC Andora?? I'm not sure exactly how this works as I thought FC Andorra played in the Spanish lower leagues so I don't know how they qualified for the Champions league, also they were awful so I was confused as to how they were seeded in the draw. Anyway we dispatched of them 3-0 on aggregate and so FC Flora Tallinn await in the play-off round. Looking at their squad I think they are of a similar level to Tiraspol so I think we have a chance. It would be amazing if we can qualify for the group stages with this squad and on semi-professional status, I thought it would be 5-10 years away but I suppose I have just been really lucky with our opponents we have drawn! I will update when I have played the ties! :D

View attachment 304563

Ahhhh, we got beat off Tallinn 1-0 over the two legs in the playoff round! Still very happy with our European run although it's not over yet as losing in the playoff round means you qualify for the Europa League group stages! Even more importantly we have gained around £3.2 million in prize money which will allow us to turn professional from next season and improve both our training and youth facillities. Here is my Europa League group, I will be ecstatic to get 1 point!

View attachment 304577

Last edited:

Ahhhh, we got beat off

LOLZ
Beat-Off_c_117691.jpg
winning.

On a serious note - We'll have to get some sort of table for Welsh team points. Again I will say I am open to idea's but please PM me as I don't want to clog up the forum page :)

Quick update

Champions League and EPL titles! Upload the screenies sometime this week.

Another Season in the Bag.

Finishing the league in 7th was respectable. Was battling in Europe unlike 95% of the clubs above me towards the end of the season so that was tough. Arsenal were the only other English club to make it further than the quarter finals in any European competition.

I took Wrexham all the way to the finals - And we won! I will be honest here and I know I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for my Chairman stepping up and signing me Edin Dzeko that boy got me to the finals! Shame he didn't perform that well in the final but he scored 8 goals in 9 games in Europa!

The first kid is just a screenshot to show the talent that is out there in the League. Hickling is immense.

Decided to steal these two players from Swansea last year - final had the cash to pull it off this season. Got them for a combined 20mil.

AS you can see they are Welsh - So now they add to my welsh contingency I am trying to build. The others include:

To add to those guys here are some of my other top performers from the season past:
View attachment 306462View attachment 306463View attachment 306464View attachment 306465

Any additional items people wanna see, just let me know!

Points gained: Europa League Victory and Qualification for Europa League 20 points earned in this update.

Last edited:
Table Update!

Table of Champions:

Player
Swansea
Cardiff
Wrexham
Newport
Cowlyn Bay
Wales
Total
Kezza96

JonoMUFC

Wynters85

Chris Stevenson

gogogo golem60

faulky10

Safc-mad-scotty

Wrexham

tuckson2.0

tuckson

A few movers and shakers! Kezza takes over the lead with a commanding jump! Jono will have to start playing again soon.

I am missing points for GoGoGo as he didn't supply screenshots (at least I think it was GoGoGo it may have been wynters)

A couple house cleaning points: Please if you are posting an update could you tally off your points gained IN THAT UPDATE. Just as I have at the bottom of my last post. Thanks guys!