landorin

Reaction score
View attachment 287266

Moyes departs the Toffeemen! Smith takes charge!

View attachment 287263

David Moyes has stepped down as manager of Everton Football Club, in a statement he declared: "I've taken this club as far as I could, Now it is time for a new man to take this famous club forward. I wish whoever it is the best of luck!"

That new man is relatively unknown manager Tim Smith. Smith, a keen student of the game, has been chosen ahead of many big names and at the age of 32 has become the youngest manager in Premier League history!

Smith was approached by new reporters and had this to say: "I can't wait to take on this challenge, my aims will be to hold on to Key players such as Fellaini and Baines, they are pivotal to this club and to my aim of finishing in the top 8."

When asked about transfers he said: "We are looking at a few options, as I do not wish sell our prize assets I realise my funds will be limited. I know who is and who isn't in my plans so hopefully we can sell one or two unwanted players and get my targets into the club in time for Pre-season."

View attachment 287267

Aims:
Finish in the Top 8 of the Premier League
Perform well in the FA Cup
Hold onto Fellaini and Baines!
Give youth a chance

In order to get Everton into the top 8 I'll need to keep the majority of the squad together, holding onto Key players is a must therefore I will be rejecting any offers for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines.

I will use the Capital Cup to rotate my squad and have a look at my youngsters, however I will most likely be revamping the entire youth system and most will be released from the club if I deem them not good enough.

Everton have a proud history in the FA Cup and I will be disappointed if we do not reach the 6th round if not further! I am looking to move on a couple of players in order to create some much needed funds as there are couple of young Brazilians who have caught my eye and might be available at incredible bargain prices...

There are one or two promising youngsters at the club, Ross Barkley stands out amongst them and I'll be aiming to give him some playing time this season.

Preseason & Transfers

Preseason & Transfers 2012

View attachment 287287

Major Transfers Out:

View attachment 287274View attachment 287275View attachment 287276View attachment 287277View attachment 287278

PlayerClubAmount
John HeitingaFulham£10 million
Darron GibsonSwansea£3.5 million
Jan MuchaBolton£1.7 million
Steven NaismithWest BromLoan: £130k p/m
Magaye GueyeStokeLoan: £120k p/m

The departures of these 5 players gave me nearly £15 million towards my transfer kitty. My aims were to get some quality youths for the midfield and develop them into Premiership stars.

PlayerClubAmount
Andrea PoliSamporia£7 million
Jack ButlandBirmingham£4.2 million
Wellington NemFluminense£3.5 million
AdryanFlamengo£875k
Jose CallejonReal MadridLoan: £95k p/m
Ayila YussufDynamo KyivLoan: £45k p/m

Overall I'm delighted with my transfers, Wellington Nem and Adryan were no-brainers due to their massive potential and low release clauses. Poli was recommended by my scouting team, he looks quite decent and hopefully will perform well alongside Fellaini in my midfield. Callejon is a player I admire greatly and will provide cover on either flank, Yussuf is a big stong CB who will cover for the ageing Distin. Would've liked a young Striker to cover for Jelavic but the finances just wouldn't stretch that far!

All Everton club transfers can be viewed below:

View attachment 287296

Pre-Season

View attachment 287273

Preston (Away): W 3-0
Lincoln (Away): W 2-0
Wuppertal (Away): W 3-0
Halle (Away): W 2-0
Jena (Away): D 0-0
Osnabruck (Away): W 5-0

Delighted with our results, 6 games played, all away from home, 15 goals scored and 0 conceded! I know it was against lesser opposition but these results can only help morale and help us towards achieving a successful first season together!

Next update - August 2012

August 2012

AUGUST 2012

View attachment 287358

The Premier League kicks off
Decent start for Smith
Capital One Cup disaster

View attachment 287359

Premier League

Reading (Away): W 2-1
Jelavic (24) Osman (69)
MOM: Distin (9.0)

Wigan (Home): D 1-1
Osman (77)

View attachment 287360

Capital One Cup

Bristol City (Away) L 0-1

Summary: A solid start in the league with a win at Reading who missed a penalty before we took the lead. We did not perform well in our opening match at Goodison, conceding early and having to rely on Leon Osman for the second game in a row. The least said about the cup match the better. Yes I played a very young reserve side, but there should have been enough quality there to get the result but we fell behind early and never looked like coming back! Oh well, the board will not be happy but our focus is the league after all...

Player of the month: Leon Osman

View attachment 287361

League Table & Transfer Round up

View attachment 287362View attachment 287363

Next time...September 2012...Play Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal in a row!

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER 2012

View attachment 287389

Tough sequence of Premier League games for the Toffees
Injury time action!

Premier League

West Ham (Away): W 2-0
Pienaar (27) Mirallas (61)

***Disaster as Jelavic is ruled out for 2 months, Everton squad lacks depth***

Manchester United (Home): L 2-3
Mirallas (65) Wellington Nem (80)

Chelsea (Away): D 3-3
Pienaar (8) Osman (30) Mirallas (51)

Arsenal (Home): W 3-0
Anichebe (78) Callejon (80) Wellington Nem (82)

MOM: Wellington Nem (9.0)

Summary: A Solid home victory against the Hammers, we dictated the play and once the second goal went in we played the game out in relative comfort. Nikica Jelavic picked up a nasty injury on International duty and we will be without him for 2 months, not what we needed with our upcoming fixtures!

Against United we held our own until Nani scored their winner in injury time, typical!

A couple of days later saw us travel to Stamford Bridge. Described in the media as a 'ding-dong' affair, we took the lead twice in the game however Stefan Jovetic was on top form for his new club, we were hanging on towards the end and Jovetic had a goal ruled out in stoppage time which would have been his hat-trick and the winner. We'll take the point thank you very much!

Home to the Gunners, both teams were dismal, I made some changes late in the second half but little did I know the effect they would have! 3 goals in 4 minutes! Arsenal looked stunned and if I'm honest so was I! 7 points out of 12, I'll take that considering the fixtures we had!

Player of the month: Kevin Mirallas - 3 Goals in 4 games

View attachment 287390

League Table

View attachment 287391

Next time...October 2012...Climbing up that table!

OCTOBER 2012

View attachment 287583

Hat-trick of victories
Belgian connection thriving!

Premier League

Norwich (Home): W 2-1
Mirallas (61
) Fellaini (83)

West Brom (Home): W 4-1
Baines (9) Mirallas (50, 90+2) Wellington Nem (86)
MOM: Jagielka (8.9)

Sunderland (Away): W 2-0
Adryan (10) Pienaar (36)

MOM: Jagielka (9.0)

***Kevin Mirallas ruled out for 3 weeks with thigh problem***

Summary: A great month with 3 wins out of 3! We performed very well throughout the month, Mirallas continued his rich vein of goalscoring form in the absence of Jelavic. Young Brazilian talents Wellington Nem and Adryan continued to thrive amongst the senior players in the first team, chipping in with a goal each.

Jagielka and Distin are rocks at the back! They hogged the Man of the Match champagne this month!

The month ended on a sour note, after a great performance at the Stadium of Light I was informed that Mirallas had suffered a thigh strain and would miss our next 4 matches! Now I have to decide who to play up front as I'm not blessed with many out and out strikers...Perhaps Wellington Nem will thrive in this role or perhaps the young Greek striker Vellios might get a run out? Decisions decision!

Player of the month: Phil Jagielka - 2 MOM performances in 3 games

View attachment 287578

League Table

View attachment 287585

Next Time...November sees more injuries hit the squad and our first meeting with City!

Last edited:
NOVEMBER 2012

View attachment 287586
Five games...
Five injuries...
Man City dominated?

Premier League

Southampton (Away): D
1-1
Fellaini (34)
MOM: Howard (9.2)

***Steven Pienaar ruled out for 6 weeks with sports hernia***

Stoke (Home): D
1-1
Osman (54)
MOM: Jagielka (8.5)

***Leon Osman ruled out for 3 weeks***

QPR (Away): W 5-1
Wellington Nem (43, 46) Baines (45) Oviedo (47) Jelevic (76)

MOM: Baines (9.0)

***Nikica Jelavic ruled out for 1 week***

Fulham (Away): D 0-0

***Andrea Poli out for 2 weeks***

Man City (Home): W 3-1
Callejon (4) Mirallas (27) Adryan (34)

MOM: Wellington Nem (8.6)

***Jose Callejon out for 6 weeks***​

Summary: Where to start? An unbeaten month but at one **** of a cost...5 players from my relatively small squad out injured. We are stretched to the max. My young Brazilians were not supposed to see so much playing time but currently I don't have any choice, thankfully they are playing fantastically and have blended in well!

Two draws to start the month was disappointing, however when we travelled to play QPR we were 3rd in the table and they were 4th!!! After falling behind early I feared the worst but we came back and absolutely smashed them, scoring 4 goals in 5 minutes which is a personal record of mine!

I rested a couple of key players for the Fulham game which backfired as we played out a bore draw, but it paid off soon after when the Reigning Champions came to Goodison...We sent them running with their tail between their legs! It was a sweet victory and gave the squad confidence leading into what promises to be a tough December!

Player of the month: Wellington Nem - 1 MOM performance, 2 goals and 4 assists over the month

View attachment 287593
League Table

View attachment 287595

***Up to 2nd!!! So Pleased with how its going so far***

Manager News:
*Bit spooky*
View attachment 287598

Next time...December...Manager Merry-go-round...1st Merseyside derby and a Red Card record!!!

DECEMBER 2012

View attachment 287670

Merseyside Fireworks...
Managerial Merry-go-round...
Everton keep flying high!

Premier League

Tottenham (Home): W
4-2
Fellaini (1) Jelavic (57, 75) Wellington Nem (86)
MOM: Fellaini (9.1)

Liverpool (Away): W
3-0
Fellaini (11) Wellington Nem (22) Mirallas (90+2)
Neville s/off 70 (on as a sub 69!!!!)

Aston Villa (Away): W
4-3
Pienaar (1) Wellington Nem (8) Siegrist og(43) Adryan (81)

MOM: Wellington Nem (9.0)

***Steven Pienaar ruled out for 6 weeks with another hernia***

Newcastle (Home): D 1-1
Jelavic (2)

Swansea (Home): W 2-1
Poli (20) Jelavic (81)

Wigan (Away): D 0-0
MOM: Distin (8.0)

Summary: Another great month for us, unbeaten in the 6 matches we played, we played Tottenham off the pitch and that gave us momentum leading to the clash with our Red rivals Liverpool!

The match was fantastic from start to finish! We were first to every ball and every challenge...Although Phil Neville was a bit too keen...I sent him on in the 69th minute to tighten the game up for us, however after a terrible tackle on Suarez he was walking past me and down the tunnel after spending 50 seconds on the pitch!!! Suarez should have joined him...He got two of my players booked by diving and only received a yellow card from a horrendous tackle on young Seamus Coleman! I had to bite my tongue in the press conference but the result was revenge enough!

The Christmas period was tough, two draws and another solid home victory saw us finish the month still up there near the top of the table...My aim of finishing in the Top 8 seems extremely attainable at present, I've told the board we can perhaps qualify for the Europa League and the lads seem happy with that target! My attention now turns to the transfer window, I must fend off bids for my top players and hopefully pick up a bargain or two, the loan market looks interesting too....

Player of the month: Nikica Jelavic - 4 goals and stayed injury free!

View attachment 287669
No league table this month - we were in 3rd, 8 points behind City

Shock Manager Departures!!!

Chelsea: Di Matteo>Bielsa
Aston Villa: Lambert>Kevin Keegan
Newcastle: Alan Pardew>Alan Curbishley
Fulham: Martin Jol>Gerard Houllier
Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers>Rafa Benitez

Next time...January...Transfer Window opens...3 New faces at club...7 matches to negotiate

JANUARY 2013

View attachment 287934

Unbeaten run ends...
Hopeful FA Cup run begins...

Premier League

Reading (Home): W
3-1
Fellaini (10) Vellios (45) Mirallas (90+5)
MOM: Jagielka (9.1)

West Ham (Home): D 2-2
Jelavic (8) Wellington Nem (68)

Manchester United (Away): L
1-3
Fellaini (16)

Chelsea (Home): D 2-2
Poli (15) Jelavic (90+2)

Norwich (Away): W 3-0
Mirallas (10, 22) Adryan (63)

MOM: Tim Howard (9.4)

View attachment 287936
FA Cup 3rd Round
Huddersfield (Away) W 4-1
Adryan (14) Jelavic (32) Distin (56) Callejon (75)

FA Cup 4th Round
Burnley (Home) W 3-0
Adryan (29, 67) Callejon (63)

MOM: Adryan (8.9)

Summary: I was very happy this month, we never expected anything from Old Trafford so the loss there was acceptable! We did not play well against West Ham and were lucky to escape with a draw, another draw came against Chelsea where we were fortunate to sneak an injury time equaliser! Norwich and Reading proved no match to my free scoring team who for once didn't seem riddled with injuries!

The FA Cup draw was kind, we demolished Huddersfield at their place and did the same to Burnley at ours! I expect a good cup run from the team, aiming for a Semi-final appearance at least...

Transfers Out: Tony Hibbert was transferred to Notts Forest for £2.6 million. He had expressed a desire to leave so I acquiesed to his request! I also let Vellios and Barkley leave on loan to get some vital first team experience...

Transfers In: My only outlay was 200k for young RB Patrick Farkas, he replaces Hibbert at a fraction of the cost and will provide back up to young Seamus Coleman...I scoured the loan market in an attempt to beef up the numbers in the first team squad and managed to get versatile defender Silvio from Athletic Madrid and Cristian Tello joined us for the rest of the season from Barcelona!

Player of the Month: Adryan - 4 goals from my young midfielder earns him the honour this month!

View attachment 287950

League Table: 2nd in the League, 11 points behind City! There are bossing it!

View attachment 287952

Summary of all Major Transfers this season:

View attachment 287953

Next time: Feb & March...7 important games...Youth intake heralds arrival of future Scouse starlet?

Good story so far mate, great managing aswell to get Everton into 2nd. You must have been absolutely chuffed with that 3-0 win over Liverpool especially at Anfield!

Although how QPR are 4th is pretty baffling haha oO)

Good story so far mate, great managing aswell to get Everton into 2nd. You must have been absolutely chuffed with that 3-0 win over Liverpool especially at Anfield!

Although how QPR are 4th is pretty baffling haha oO)

Cheers buddy, there's still a long way to go unfortunately! I think Rodgers got sacked from Liverpool after the loss to us! haha. Thanks for following!

FEBRUARY & MARCH 2013
View attachment 288089
Cup run continues...
League form stays solid...
New Scouse starlet at the academy...

View attachment 288090

February:

Arsenal (Away) L 1-2
Mirallas (76)

Sunderland (Home) W 1-0
Jagielka (33)
MOM: Distin (8.3)

Southampton (Home) D 1-1
Yussuf (83)
MOM: Baines (8.0)

March:

West Brom (Away) W 4-3
Pienaar (7) Mirallas (12, 32, 47)
MOM: Mirallas (9.5)

Stoke (Away) W 3-1
Osman (6) Mirallas (30) Baines (p35)
MOM: Poli (8.9)

***Fellaini out for 2 months***

View attachment 288091
FA CUP 5th Round
Sunderland (Away) W 3-1
Distin (42) Adryan (66) Pienaar (90+2)
MOM: Distin (8.1)

FA CUP 6th Round
Chelsea (Home) W 3-2
Baines (p44) Osman (73) Mirallas (85)

***Wellington Nem injured for 2 weeks***

Summary: Some up and down performances in February! After a defeat at the Emirates against Arsenal we had to bouce back quickly for our back to back matches against Sunderland in the league and cup. Strangely enough we performed much better away from home against the Wearsiders and progressed in the Cup to the 6th round which delighted both the board and indeed myself!

March saw us open with an incredible game at the Hawthorns, a back and forth affair finished up with us getting the win thanks to a brilliant hat-trick from Kevin Mirallas who has been leading the line and is in top form lately! We followed this with a superb victory against Chelsea, Mirallas again popping up with a late winner, firing us into the Semi-Final! We will go into the tie against Spurs as underdogs but I hope the magic of the cup does not leave us just yet! We rounded off the month with a strong victory away at Stoke, again that man Mirallas found the back of the net...The game was marred however by a nasty injury to our influential star Fellaini, intial estimates mean he will be out for 2 months and may miss the rest of the season...A huge blow to our chances!

Player of the month (Feb): Sylvain Distin - 1 MOM award, very solid at the back and scored a good goal this month

View attachment 288092

Player of the month (March): Kevin Mirallas - 1 MOM award, 5 goals in 3 matches!

View attachment 288093

15 year old Mike Beard arrives at Goodison Park...

View attachment 288094

My assistant informed me to get down the youth training complex as soon as possible to see this kid in action...Coming through the academy he impressed the scouts and coaches alike and will definitely earn a contract with the club...He might even see some first team action sooner rather than later as we are struggling with injuries in the wide positions...

My chief scout also discovered a few other potential gems in other academies and I managed to snap them up before they signed professional deals with their clubs...They will join in the summer:

View attachment 288095View attachment 288096

***No league table as I forgot the Printscreen! We were in 3rd, 8 points behind City and looking good for a Champions League place although Spurs and Chelsea are breathing down our necks!***

Next time...April...Youngster Beard is thrust into the first team...Cup heartbreak for someone and a Merseyside derby to remember!!!

APRIL 2013

View attachment 288139

Toffees stutter in the league...
Cup Heartbreak...
Scouse teenager wows the crowds...

View attachment 288140

OPR (Home) W 1-0
Beard (23)
MOM: Baines (8.5)

View attachment 288099View attachment 288098
View attachment 288100View attachment 288101

Manchester City (Away) L 1-3
Wellington Nem (56)

Tottenham (Away) L 2-3
Defoe (og.75) Wellington Nem (77)

Fulham (Home) D 2-2
Pienaar (39) Diarra (og.42)

Liverpool (Home) W 3-1
Beard (9, 11) Mirallas (30)
MOM: Jagielka (8.9)

View attachment 288142

FA Cup Semi Final
Tottenham (Wembley) L 3-4
Jelavic (20, 61, 78)

Summary: What a strange month, starting amazingly with young talent Mike Beard becoming the youngest Everton player in history and also winning the match for us, that's what dreams are made of!

What followed next was a terrible run of 3 games, losing comprehensively at the Etihad stadium and then in back to back games against Spurs...The semi-final was an amazing game...they scored, we scored...but they scored one more...namely Adebayor who got a hat-trick for them whilst Jelavic marked his return to the team with a great hat-trick for us in a losing effort! The cup run was fantastic for morale and hopefully we can go one better next year!

In the league game against Spurs we fought back from two goals but they clinched the win in injury time, leapfrogging us in the 3rd in the process!

Complacency cost us at home to Fulham, we let a strong lead slip and could not find the winner in time...

The month ended with the Merseyside derby, Liverpool's form had improved with Benitez in charge...I thrust young Mike Beard into the side and he was fantastic, scoring two goals to leave our rivals shellshocked! They could never recover from our early onslaught and spent the rest of the game trying to kick us off the park!

League table update: We are so close to a Champions League place, we need 4 points from our final 3 games to make this amazing dream a reality...City have clinched the title again. We are neck-a-neck with Spurs in 3rd with Chelsea finishing strong behind us both in 5th...Its going to go to the wire!!!

Player of the month:
Mike Beard

Only 15 years of age but 3 goals and 2 match winning performances in his 4 appearances can't go unrewarded!

Next time...Premier League run-in...Champions league qualification goes down to the final day...

Do you realise you have signed Dunc, the FMbase mod, as a regen!? (sorry if you do I've not read all of it, reading on the sly at work ;) )

Good story too mate, love Adryan on my Milan save :)

Last edited:
Great story mate. I like Everton, that's why I nicked Fellaini for my Chelsea team lol. He's a very greedy boy though! Keep it up