No doubt about that. But you have a good squad and I see that you can maximize your resources. The results prove that. :)

FEBRUARY 2014 [PART ONE]

View attachment 288770

2-2 Everywhere I look...
Wembley Fever takes hold...
Its a Knockout...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 1st: Chelsea [Away]
D 2-2
Wellington Nem (37) Poli (69)
Hazard (14, 28)

***We showed great character to come back from two goals down at Stamford Bridge, in my opinion we deserved the 3 points and perhaps should have had a penalty late on in the game...Man that Hazard is some talent!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 8th: Southampton [Away]
D 2-2
Destro (12) Wellington Nem (22)
Lee (34) Du Prado (64)

***Now it was our turn to squander a two goal advantage! Very upset about this we now haven't won for 3 games***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Wednesday 12th: Chelsea [Home]
D 2-2
Destro (79, 81)
Torres (70) Jovetic (86)

***We can't buy a win at the moment, the 2-2 scoreline is becoming the bane of my life at present, this time it was Chelsea's turn to come back and rescue the point...Hopefully we'll get back to winning ways soon***

FA CUP 5th ROUND
Saturday 15th: Leeds [Home]
W 2-0
White og (4) Adryan (37)

MOM: Boyata [8.9]

***My second string line up did the business here, we were ahead early, once we got the second goal it enabled us to play possession football and the lower league didn't get a look in! Another good cup run this season, absolutely delighted!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday 19th: Birmingham [Home]
W 4-0
Wellington Nem (8) Mirallas (29) Davies og (70) Sissoko (89)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.8]

***4 goals in a league match for the 5th time in a row but thankfully all went to us this time! We were on the front foot early...Captain Jagielka was solid as ever and his confidence sifted through the rest of the team***

PART TWO CONTAINING THE CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL AND CL KNOCKOUT 1st LEG TO FOLLOW VERY SOON

Good luck in the final mate! With I had managed to reach it :(

Hopefully I can get a Euro spot next season too. Looking most likely to be Europa if anything

Can't believe I forgot that I bought Rodrigo from Benfica for £13.25 million, I've edited the January update to include this

FEBRUARY 2014 [PART TWO]

View attachment 288814
CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL
Sunday 23rd February 2014
EVERTON VS ARSENAL

W 3-1 aet

Rodrigo (68, 106) Wellington Nem (117)

Wilshere (27) Baines m/pen (113)

MOM: Kirchhoff [8.9]

***We did it!!!!! It may only be lesser trophy to most but to us it means the world! Our fans have been starved of success for such a long time and this win is for them! A fantastic achievement by everyone involved at the club!

The match was a nervy affair, we went behind half way through the first half but we never gave up...with 20 minutes left to go new signing Rodrigo, playing on the left wing, cut inside and scored a marvellous goal. Neither side wanted to risk giving anything away after that so we went to extra time. Rodrigo was the man for us again, scoring 30 seconds after the second period kicked off! My heart was in my mouth when with 7 minutes remaining Coleman gave away a penalty, up stepped Everton old boy Leighton Baines, was I going to regret selling him after all? NO! Howard saved the day! As Arsenal pushed forward we caught them on the break and Wellington Nem sealed the game for us, winning me my first trophy as manager of Everton!

We couldn't celebrate too long though, Dortmund were coming to town on Wednesday***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND [1st LEG]
Wednesday 26th: Dortmund [Home]

W 1-0

Mirallas (90+1)

MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

***This was a special night, Goodison Park was bouncing, we controlled possession but struggled to breakdown our very strong opponents, after making my 3 allotted chances Isaac Cuenca hobbled off on 84 mins to leave us with 10 men, we defended resolutely for the rest of the game and incredible managed to win the game when Mirallas scored a breakaway goal 1 minute into injury time. It may prove to be a crucial goal for us but more importantly we did not concede and we know that if we score in Germany then Dortmund will need 3! Its advantage us after the first leg but there's a long way to go***

Player of the Month for February:
View attachment 288820
Wellington Nem
4 goals and some fine Playmaking from the young Brazilian

League Table:
View attachment 288821***Sitting in 4th, 5 points off the top!***

Next time: March...Busy month with League, FA Cup and the crucial CL 2nd leg...Annual Youth Intake announced...

Just read through this, it is great!

I'm loving the photoshop work!

Just read through this, it is great!

I'm loving the photoshop work!

Thanks mate, I've been teaching myself on Adobe Photoshop this week so thought it might be a laugh to include it here

Great story mate, iv just got the game not had chance to play yet as iv just become a father and doubt i will get much game time at this rate, what formation are you using? strategy?
I would have asked for the persentage of transfer sales to go up, if you can still do that, after you had sold some of the big guns

Great story mate, iv just got the game not had chance to play yet as iv just become a father and doubt i will get much game time at this rate, what formation are you using? strategy?
I would have asked for the persentage of transfer sales to go up, if you can still do that, after you had sold some of the big guns

Congrats on becoming a dad!
I play a 4-2-3-1, strategy depends on who I'm playing against but generally Attack/Fluid when at home and Counter when away or against the big boys...I've found team talks very important this year (used to skip them) My guys seem to react quite well when I Assertively have a go at them at half time!

I tried to raise the % but the board wouldn't budge but I was happy with who I got in and they are doing well, must say that Kirchhoff is amazing next to Jagielka at the back so highly recommend him

MARCH 2014

View attachment 288851
Ups and Downs in the League...
Fatigue affects FA Cup run...
Dortmund second leg outcome...

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 1st: Sunderland [Away]
L 1-3
Rodrigo (87)
Fletcher (39) Larsson (60) O'Shea (77)
***Well you know its not going to be your day when John O'Shea scores against you! Our European exploits are affecting our league form as I'm having to chop and change the team and we aren't getting any consistency***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 8th: West Brom [Away]
W 2-0
Destro (5) Kacaniklic og (54)
MOM: Sissoko [9.0]

***A very good performance here, we are benefiting from only playing 1 game a week currently...But the next week will be crucial, 3 massive games for us...City, Dortmund and the FA Cup tie at Newcastle***

13th March: New Arrival at the Youth Academy

View attachment 288852
***Only the one decent talent here this year, however I have made arrangements for 6 other potential stars of the future to join our academy and they will be here in the summer***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 15th: Manchester City [Home]
W 4-0
Destro (8, 20, 42) Rodrigo (83)
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.4]

***A remarkable performance from Destro as we put the reigning champions to the sword! We were hungrier and first to everything...City didn't have the answers as our young forwards won the game for us...I just hope we have enough left in the tank for our crucial trip to Dortmund on Tuesday***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 1st KNOCKOUT ROUND [2nd LEG]
Tuesday 18th: Dortmund [Away]

D 1-1 aet
[Everton win 2-1 on aggregate]

Greenwood (118)
Lewandowski (45)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [8.9]

***We did it!!! Just as I thought the game was drifting towards the dreaded penalty shoot-out young Duncan Greenwood came off the bench and slotted home the vital away goal that won us the tie! We were a big nervous in the first half but grew into the game and we were unlucky not to score much earlier than we eventually did! Not many gave us a chance in this tie but we enjoy our 'Underdog' label and are more than living up to it at present...I soon learnt that things aren't going to get any easier as the draw was made for the quarter finals...We were paired with Oil-rich French Champions Paris St Germain! I knew they didn't travel well so I'll be aiming to make our home leg count and who knows, maybe we can pull off another upset...We have nothing to lose and that makes us dangerous***

FA CUP 6th ROUND

Saturday 22nd: Newcastle [Away]

L 1-3
Destro (83)
Cisse (63, 66, 90)

***Our European exploits well and truly caught up with us here...Tired and jaded we could not find an answer to the powerful Cisse, whose excellent hat-trick knocked us out of the cup***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Wednesday 26th: West Ham [Away]
D 0-0
MOM: Kirchhoff [7.9]

***There's not much to say here, we defended well but could not break down a stubborn Hammers back-line***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 29th: Blackburn [Home]
W 5-1
Destro (15, 23, 90+2) Griezmann (29) Rodrigo (51)
Rochina (50) Givet sent off (54)
MOM: Mattia Destro [9.6]

***A Fantastic way to end a very good month for the club. Mattia Destro got himself amongst the goals again with his 2nd hat-trick of the month and 5th of the season, the games are coming thick and fast now and we have to be as highly prepared as possible***

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
View attachment 288853
MATTIA DESTRO
8 Goals this month with a pair of hat-tricks

League Table:
View attachment 288850
In 3rd Position, 8 points behind the leaders

Next time: More CL action for the boys in blue...a 9 goal thrilla at Villa! (see what I did there)

Great work mate! It's a pity that your form in the league decrease because of the Champions. But great effort!
Of course I'll follow the next month's!
In the next season you will continue in Everton?
Let's go toffees!

Just had the opportunity to read your story mate, and must say, it is a fantastic read! Congratulations on the Champions League run and turning such a great club like Everton into Champions League position contenders. Looking forward to the next installment.

Great work mate! It's a pity that your form in the league decrease because of the Champions. But great effort!
Of course I'll follow the next month's!
In the next season you will continue in Everton?
Let's go toffees!

I aim to stay as Everton as long as I can and turn them into one of the best clubs in the world

APRIL 2014

View attachment 288877

Champions League miracles?
League Oooooo's and then some Whoahs
Difficult Derby day

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL [1st LEG]

Wednesday 2nd: Paris St Germain [Home]

W 2-0
Sakho og (27) Kirchoff (64)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***We played so well here, obviously there were times where I thought they would break through and get that crucial away goal but it never happened and we are now in the driving seat, a goal for us in Paris will do nicely, pretty please!***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 5th: Arsenal [Home]
W 3-1
Koscielny og (21) Wellington Nem (76) Greenwood (82)
Giroud (8)
MOM: Moussa Sissoko [8.5]

***After falling behind early I feared the worse, this is not the kind of match you want sandwiched in between a CL semi-final! But thanks to some solid Midfield work from Sissoko and some sparkling wing play from Wellington Nem we came back to win. Now we headed to Paris full of confidence and ready to play to our strengths***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL [2nd LEG]

Tuesday 8th: Paris St Germain [Away]

L 1-2
Wellington Nem (87)
Ibrahimovic (15) Gameiro (80)

***Talk about riding our luck, PSG swarmed all over us like flies round ****!!! Once their second goal went in they dropped the tempo a little allowing us the chance to hit them, fast, down the flanks, and when we scored I knew we'd done it! The wind was knocked out of them and we stood as tall as giants! Victory in the tie was ours! My smile faded soon after though, for two reasons...***

'Everton drawn to face BARCELONA in the Semi-finals'​

***And if that wasn't bad enough***

'Top Scorer Mattia Destro out for 4 months with a Broken Foot!!!!'​

*Sigh*

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 12th: Aston Villa [Home]
L 4-5
Rodrigo (16, 51, 57) Guzan og (85)
Delph (3) Vlaar (6) Bent (42, p.61) Agbonlahor (83)
MOM: Rodrigo [9.5]

***Ok so we beat PSG but concede 5 at home to a poor Villa side, this could have been a cricket score! Rodrigo was fantastic for us, such a pity he is cup-tied in Europe...Mirallas will be pushed up front against Barcelona or maybe I should just play 10 defenders?***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 19th: QPR [Away]
W 4-2
Jagielka (p.9) Sissoko (33) Rodrigo (42, 48)
Cisse (39, 80)
MOM: Rodrigo [9.3]

***Quite a few of my regular starting 11 were rested for this one, we blitzed them in the first half and never looked back, All eyes on Wednesday night for our historic Semi-final with Barca***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL [1st LEG]

Wednesday 23rd: Barcelona [Home]

W 2-0
Sissoko (12) Mirallas (67)
MOM: Sissoko [8.9]

***................Ummm.......Well.....Yeah, We just defeated the mighty Barcelona! No matter how many times I say it to myself or how hard I pinch myself it just hasn't sunk in yet! I keep reminding myself that the hard part at the Nou Camp is yet to come, but we have a chance....yes, we have a chance! Now we have to focus on the Merseyside derby, not a game I'd wish to play right now, my lads are tired and some of the young lads will have to come in on Saturday***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 26th: Liverpool [Home]
L 1-2
Griezmann (74)
Downing (21) Gerrard (63)

***I kind of expected this to happen, we nearly fought back to draw but had a goal ruled out at the end...It appears the fans weren't too disappointed at the loss, our league position is pretty solid and we have much bigger fish to fry on Tuesday, my key guys got a deserved rest and are raring to perform in the Nou Camp against Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar et al.***

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL [2nd LEG]

Tuesday 29th: Barcelona [Away]

L 1-3 [3-3 on aggregate]
Mirallas (18)
Thiago (41) Iniesta (53) Neymar (58)

View attachment 288897

Everton through to Champions League Final on Away Goals!

***We made it! How on earth has this happened I do not know!!!! We got the early goal which meant Barcelona needed to score 4! They absolutely dominated us! when that 3rd goal went in there was over half an hour to play! We defended as a team and provided a solid wall which was determined not to be penetrated! Lesser men would have rolled over and conceded defeat, but my boys did us proud! We are in the final! I repeat, We are in the final! And we are playing Bayern Munich, the team who beat us in the group, now managed by non other than Harry Redknapp!***

Player of the Month for April:
All of them!

League Table:
View attachment 288898

***The Title is Uniteds. We sit in 3rd but only 6 points separates places 3rd to 7th! I want to make certain of a top 4 finish again...Left to play are Newcastle (A) Manchester United (A) and Wolves (H), that top 4 spot won't come easily***

Next time: May - Final 3 Premier League games.....Historic Champions League Final vs FC Bayern...

Just read through this story and it is very good - keep it going!!!

MAY 2014 [Part One]

View attachment 288979

Premier League Run-In

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Saturday 3rd: Newcastle [Away]
W 3-0
Sissoko (26) Rodrigo (62) Greenwood (90+2)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [9.0]

***A brilliant performance away from home, the players are tired after a long season but still fighting hard to ensure an automatic Champions league spot. Captain Jagielka again led from the back and we controlled the game scoring at important times to demoralize our opponents***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunday 11th: Manchester United [Away]
D 2-2
Griezmann (51) Wellington Nem (53)
Rooney (76) Hernandez (81) Fellaini sent off (90)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.2]

***United had already clinched the title but were not about to give us an easy game...We were comfortable at 2-0 up but then United, the kings of the comeback clicked into gear and fought back against us...Fellaini had a poor game against us and was sent off in the final minutes for a petulant tackle on his replacement Sissoko...The final game of the season see's 4 times fighting it out for the final two CL places, we are home against Wolves and a win will see us finish in 3rd, which will be a remarkable acheivement***

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Sunday 18th: Wolves [Home]
W 4-1
Mirallas (2) Rodrigo (9, 45) Kirchhoff (70)
Sigurdarson (56)
MOM: Jan Kirchhoff [9.0]

***My players did not disappoint on the final day, we burst out of the traps early on and stormed into an early lead which grew to 3-0 at half-time, this enabled me to rest a few key players in the second half and we played on for a good victory, securing a 3rd place finish! The board and fans were ecstatic and now all eyes were on Saturday night and our historic CL Final match against FC Bayern Munich!***

Monday 19th May: Alex Ferguson announced as Manager of the Year, Tim Smith is Runner-up.

***On a personal level I was pleased to finish runner up to such a legend, United had ran away with the league, winning by 12 points, I hope to be able to close that gap next year***

Next time: May [Part Two] - Everton's Historic CL Final vs Munich and End of season round-up

MAY 2014 [PART TWO]

View attachment 288983

Champions League Final
End of Season Round-up and Awards

View attachment 288991
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

Saturday 24th May
Estadio de Luz, Lisbon
View attachment 288992

FC BAYERN vs EVERTON
Manuel Neuer 21. Phillip Lahm 6. Toby Alderweireld 34. Sebastian Coates 28. Holger Badstuber
10. Arjen Robben 24. Javi Martinez 31. Bastian Schweinsteiger 27. David Alaba 39. Toni Kroos 33. Mario Gomez

Tim Howard 2. Seamus Coleman 13. Neil Tayor 6. Phil Jagielka 5. Jan Kirchhoff
8. Moussa Sissoko 10. Andrea Poli 7. Wellington Nem 17. Adryan 4. Antoine Griezmann 11. Kevin Mirallas

Subs:

22. Tom Starke 7. Franck Ribery 8. Zdravko Kuzmanovic 13. Rafinha 17. Mario Mandzuckic 11. Xherdan Shaqiri 26. Diego Contento

Lukas Hradecky 22. Phil Neville 15. Sylvain Distin 12. Dedryck Boyata 20. Tom Cleverley 21. Isaac Cuenca
25. Duncan Greenwood

View attachment 288998

(Goal!) 0-1 [8 minutes]
Mario Gomez (8)

***What a match so far, Bayern are throwing everything at us...They scored early and haven't let up since!

(Goal!) 1-1 [49 minutes]
Jagielka (49)

***Captain fantastic Jagielka equalizes after a inspirational half time team talk from yours truly!***

1-1 [90 minutes]

We just need that final whistle to blow to take this into extra time....Hang on a minute!!!!****

(Red Card) 1-1 [90+2 minutes]

Gomez sent off (90+2)

***Mario Gomez picks up his second yellow card and is off after squaring up to Kirchhoff and aiming a kick in his direction!! Full-time whistle blows and we've got an extra half an hour to try and make history!!!***

(GOAL) 1-2 [101 minutes]

Mandzuckic (101)

***Even with 10 men they still carry a threat and take the lead, we really need to dig deep and try to respond before time runs out***

(Goal!)
2-2
[105+1 minutes]
Cuenca (105+1)

***Get in!!! My boy from Barcelona strikes for us just as Bayern were playing for time at the end of the first half of extra time...Our tails are up and I believe we can do this...just 1 more goal I tell them...1 more!!!***

(Goal!) 3-2 [112 minutes]
Mirallas(112)

***Yeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!! Kevin Mirallas you little beauty!!! Now just hold on....hold on!!!***

Full-time: FC Bayern 2 Everton 3 (aet)
Jagielka (49) Cuenca (105+1) Mirallas (112)
Gomez (8) Gomez sent off (90+2) Mandzuckic (101)
MOM: Phil Jagielka [8.9]

View attachment 289001
EVERTON WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CUP!!!

***I Am utterly speechless! Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would do this! My first foray into Europe and we've only gone and won the entire thing! Dortmund, PSG, Barcelona and Munich, I don't think it gets much tougher than that! I think it helped us that we were relatively unknown to our opponents and therefore had the element of surprise! But even so, lady luck was on our side and Everton, mighty Everton are Champions of Europe for the first time in our history!

Everyone involved with the club is ecstatic! We will celebrate this victory for a long time but in the back of my mind I won't be happy until we have caught and overtaken our Mersey rivals Liverpool total of 5 European Cups! Ambitious maybe but tonight we've proved that anything is possible!!!***

***We now go on our Season's break in high spirits, I will be aiming to keep the majority of my squad together whilst attempting to make some additions especially in Attack and in Centre midfield as injuries meant we didn't have much depth! See you in August***

Player of the Month:

View attachment 289003
Phil Jagielka - Outstanding this month with 3 MOM performances in 4 games!

Everton Player of the Year:
View attachment 289003

Phil Jagielka - Brilliant for us all season ending with a 7.7 average rating

Everton Young Player of the Year:
View attachment 289004
Mattia Destro
- Debut season cut short through injury but managed 25 goals and 10 assists in his 32 appearances with an average rating of 7.54.

***Looking forward to next season, How much will the board give me to spend after our success this year? Our young side is improving all the time...Maybe the CL was a fluke and reality will set in next year? Not long to wait but for now its holiday time...***

Next time: Pre-season 2014...Shareholders snaffle profits...Big name departure to fund new arrivals

Great stuff, just read it all. Amazing two seasons