The great players who have ruined their career by moving clubs thread!

Its pretty fair to say basically half the teams at Chelsea and City now. Who was the guy who left Reading was it for Chelsea a few years back? Cant even recall the guys name hes so far off the radar.

There are a few big players who could have also been on that list - Mascherano - bench warmer at Barca, Kaka - yes injuries dont help but playing better without him. Dudek too - happy to warm a bench at the Bernabau.

Someone said on Radio 5 Live after the Liverpool Chelsea game that any Liverpool striker who left the club always had their careers go down hill - Owen - season he left they won the Champions League - and possibly Torres may fit the bill in the long run too.
Sidwell is that reading guy
now he is at Fulham

Its pretty fair to say basically half the teams at Chelsea and City now. Who was the guy who left Reading was it for Chelsea a few years back? Cant even recall the guys name hes so far off the radar.

There are a few big players who could have also been on that list - Mascherano - bench warmer at Barca, Kaka - yes injuries dont help but playing better without him. Dudek too - happy to warm a bench at the Bernabau.

Someone said on Radio 5 Live after the Liverpool Chelsea game that any Liverpool striker who left the club always had their careers go down hill - Owen - season he left they won the Champions League - and possibly Torres may fit the bill in the long run too.

Dudek signed a 2 year extension not long back, how happy is he for getting paid to train and watch quality football every week

liverpool signed him for 19mill then joined tottenham in janueary same seaso nfor 12 mill (7 mill profit not bad from tottenham

Carlos Tevez lol
TBS, Mateja Kezman from PSV to Chelsea; Shevchenko from Milan to Chelsea; Jovanovic from Club Brugge KV to L'pool, (I hate to admit) Luis Saha from Fulham to Man Utd, All first team players to Man City bench.
I almost forgot best deal ever, I mean ever! Eto'o + 40 million for Ibrahimovic. Nice job Pep ;)

WTF "Yossi Banayoun - Liverpool > Chelsea" he was injured and because of that he Failed his career?And why torres? he just played only 1 month ...he needs some time XD

URL]

Liam miller, could have stayed at celtic and played regular football and became great, but chose money and fame at man u and ended up with neither, although i dont blame him for leaving

Benayoun has been injured since October, and is only starting to train again now.. hardly Chelsea's fault.

Torres has played 6 matches.

aqua.jpg

Not entirely his fault, had that horrific injury and didn't play, but by the time he was fit he rarely played and then got loaned out, should of stayed at Roma

Angeleri
Bosselli
Zuculini
Banega (Became a regular later on, but moved too soon to Europe)
Morales Neumann
"Toto" Salvio (I'm really glad the kid's getting time on the pitch for Benfica)
Cristian Maidana
Germán Denis

A few off the top of my head. Not saying they'd be world class, but they all had a future and they all wasted it or at least delayed in some way or another.

Id say Adam Johnson, not for moving clubs necessarily, he did need a bigger stage, but certainly moving to the wrong club. Spurs or Liverpool would of nurtured his talent so much better than Mancini has.

Id say Adam Johnson, not for moving clubs necessarily, he did need a bigger stage, but certainly moving to the wrong club. Spurs or Liverpool would of nurtured his talent so much better than Mancini has.
Hes been injured quite a lot. And he really doesnt play well for the full game. More of an impact player.

URL]

Liam miller, could have stayed at celtic and played regular football and became great, but chose money and fame at man u and ended up with neither, although i dont blame him for leaving

I was literally coming on to post Liam Miller.

Paul Anderson - Went to Liverpool from Hull a few years ago and didn't do a thing there. Now back in the Championship with Forest I think.

No one mentioned Thierry Henry. He didn't ruined his whole career but staying in Arsenal and be club leader till end of his career was probably better choice.

Jermaine Pennant to Liverpool
Andy Van Der Meyde to Everton
Mario Jardel to Bolton
Maxi Lopez to Barcelona (played well for about half a season then faded away)

Andy Van Der Meyde to Everton
Mario Jardel to Bolton

Van Der Meyde had no club when they signed him and was constantly injured - still is I believe.

Jardel was winding down a long, successful career. Hardly ruined his career there, just struggled for fitness and with the physicallity of the Premier League, as a lot of attacking Brazilian players do.

Funny how everyones like 'LOLS MAN CITYS BENCH' but there are 10x as many Chelsea examples, in this thread especially.