The great players who have ruined their career by moving clubs thread!

Paul Anderson - Went to Liverpool from Hull a few years ago and didn't do a thing there. Now back in the Championship with Forest I think.

He's been on of Forest's best players this year, he's had interest from multiple Premier League clubs, and if I am honest I doubt he'd have made it at Liverpool

I think to say kaka is completely wrong.. he's been injured for ages and came back only a month ago.. i know from personal experience you dont start firing on all cylinders for quite some time.. if he stays or if he goes ( no matter who it too) he'll show everyone next year why he was considered one of the worlds best

He's been on of Forest's best players this year, he's had interest from multiple Premier League clubs, and if I am honest I doubt he'd have made it at Liverpool

If I remember correctly we swapped him for John Welsh who was one of Hull's best players for 2/3 years , Hull got a good deal I thought.
Anderson is very good in the Championship , without question but never really reached the potential he first showed at Hull.

A lower league example, Izale McLeod, had everything going for him at MK Dons but decided a 1.8m move to Charlton who were in the Premiership at the time, they are now below us in League 1, bad move.

van nistlerooy and huntlar to real the sweedish player thts at ac milan used to play for barca can spel his name soo.

van nistlerooy and huntlar to real the sweedish player thts at ac milan used to play for barca can spel his name soo.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Dont if its right can someone tell me if it is.Because if it is its a good guess.

adam johnson, middlesbrough > city

? Adam Johnson made a huge step in his career when he joined City. And he has played well for City and is an england international now. So wtf?

To OP:

You say Jo ruined his career going to City? And that he is a young talent? LOL..have you seen him play? He is not a very big talent. He even failed at loan for many clubs. Including Everton.

He simply isn't good enough to play in the premier league.

To OP:

You say Jo ruined his career going to City? And that he is a young talent? LOL..have you seen him play? He is not a very big talent. He even failed at loan for many clubs. Including Everton.

That's why it was a bad move :S

Of course he ruined his career. He was banging them in at CSKA, made his Brazil debut and all, then left for City and wasted his talent.

? Adam Johnson made a huge step in his career when he joined City. And he has played well for City and is an england international now. So wtf?

To OP:

Not a young talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBkE7hIwTQ&feature=fvwrel

Looked pretty promising to me..

Smite me down if you wish, but Thierry Henry. He was a hero at Arsenal, still is, my favourite player to date but he moved to Barca a few too year late when he was already slightly past his prime, this meant being a sub for a long time at Barca..maybe not always but certainly alot, and now hes playing soccer. Please Henry comeback!

Not a young talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZBkE7hIwTQ&feature=fvwrel

Looked pretty promising to me..

Ohh....i forgot. Russian league is very competive and half of the goals he scored were penalties?

Have you seen his touch nowdays? He can't even pass the ball to his teammate.

He sucks...he could be decent somewhere in germany, spain or italy. Some small club there. But the guy was never a really big talent. I can't understand how the **** did we spend 19m years ago on him.

Jo looks well good on that video

that blonde guy was good as well

To OP:

Johnson should have joined a club where he would play consistently, Liverpool and Villa as JP Woody said, or even someone lower in the table and made his name, he doesn't get 90 minutes for City.

Jo was a huge talent, he was seen as one of Brazil's next things, and he was a young talent is what he meant, now he is seen in this 'flop' category.

ps. He wasn't a fail at Everton.

On Topic: Ryan Babel definately - had huge potential before, shame he couldn't handle the Premier League.

Fernando Morientes - As above.

Kleberson - Looked a good strong capable player, failed to deliver.

Jose Antonio Reyes - Was terribad in the Premier League.

Not quite ruined, but took the gloss off a good career - Shay Given.

Fernando Morientes - As above.
Kleberson - Looked a good strong capable player, failed to deliver.
Jose Antonio Reyes - Was terribad in the Premier League.

Wasn't Morientes like 30-odd when he joined you? He'd already left his legacy at Real Madrid (Raul's best strike partner) and Monaco (knocked out Chelsea single handedly).

Kleberson was poor yeah. No doubts about it, don't even know where he is now..

Reyes flopped at Arsenal, but was good at Real Madrid on loan, and is now doing very well with Atletico alongside Aguero and Forlan. Wouldn't say it ruined his career, maybe stunted his progression though.