The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

btw this challenge is the first time ive managed in italy so could someone tell me if its normal that im in serie A and im gettin no sponshership money and TV money of less than one million a year? :mad:

Thanks man

View attachment 175675
Alright so these are my transfers for the first season. Not alot. Only got the positions which i needed reinforced the most.

hmmm u do realise that you are ment to attach the pic pmsl :p

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

woooooooooooooooo after my defeat my next game was to get to the semi finals of the c cup 3 - 1 :)

just started serie B and famous cult player Alessandro Cesarini is absolutely on fire

View attachment 175944

would be nice for him to get legend status at the end of his career (H)

tip for all the proud owners of Cesarini: when his attributes look like this have him learn to go round keeper, this will make him clinical 1-on-1

Starting up now! I can see me being up all night...

just started serie B and famous cult player Alessandro Cesarini is absolutely on fire

View attachment 175944

would be nice for him to get legend status at the end of his career (H)

tip for all the proud owners of Cesarini: when his attributes look like this have him learn to go round keeper, this will make him clinical 1-on-1

I had him... then he couldn't make my C2/B team then resigned in SB and he couldn't make that team either, just never fit into my tactic! Now using Zero Sea tactics am regretting getting rid of him!

Guess which Brazilian legend I managed to sign for us in the first SA season though!

hmmm u do realise that you are ment to attach the pic pmsl :p

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

woooooooooooooooo after my defeat my next game was to get to the semi finals of the c cup 3 - 1 :)

The what???? LOL

I had him... then he couldn't make my C2/B team then resigned in SB and he couldn't make that team either, just never fit into my tactic! Now using Zero Sea tactics am regretting getting rid of him!

Guess which Brazilian legend I managed to sign for us in the first SA season though!

not even good for C2 XD! that's the beauty of the game, different managers and different tactics require different players with different skills. For example tall target men who can't dribble will always be useless for my style of football!

tbh Cesarini would be a bit out of place as first choice in Serie A. He will improve nicely until 26-27 but his ceiling is probably Serie A back-up/Serie B starter.In my previous save he was first choice in our Serie A debut season and scored a team high 13 league goals (12 in first half of season, and only 1 since january!) before sliding to back up role in next years. Anyway selling Cesarini is never an option for me ;)

brazilian legend in first serie A season? uhm maybe Roberto Carlos or Ronaldinho?

@kanderrson How do you play Cesarini? Just started again and signed him and Leo Aro and was wondering how to play him...

Have just finished my 1st season and it went pretty successfully. I won the Serie C2/B with a few games to go and only conceded 19 goals so pretty pleased. Here are the screenshots: View attachment 176389View attachment 176390View attachment 176391

And I went out early in the cups and didn't even win the Super Cup but not bothered about that, I'm focusing on C1 and going to get back to back promotions.

not even good for C2 XD! that's the beauty of the game, different managers and different tactics require different players with different skills. For example tall target men who can't dribble will always be useless for my style of football!

tbh Cesarini would be a bit out of place as first choice in Serie A. He will improve nicely until 26-27 but his ceiling is probably Serie A back-up/Serie B starter.In my previous save he was first choice in our Serie A debut season and scored a team high 13 league goals (12 in first half of season, and only 1 since january!) before sliding to back up role in next years. Anyway selling Cesarini is never an option for me ;)

brazilian legend in first serie A season? uhm maybe Roberto Carlos or Ronaldinho?

Try Adriano ;)

@kanderrson How do you play Cesarini? Just started again and signed him and Leo Aro and was wondering how to play him...

actually I've played him in many different formations like 4-2-3-1; 4-3-2-1 with inside forwards; flat 4-3-3 and more recently 4-3-1-2 (my fav formation atm) and Cesarini always did great esp at serie C level.

Together with Leo Aro they should rape serie C: both are more poacher type of forwards with good technique, dribble and agility so I would play some decent AMC behind them and feed them with through balls. I'd give both of them a slightly above the average creative freedom, run from deep mixed and run with ball mixed or often.

In my experience Cesarini seemed to perform better at STCR but I don't think that's really important. Also, he seems to play better when he's told "you have faith" or "no pressure" especially when he's in poor form! Always needs to feel your trust ;)

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Try Adriano ;)

**** I thought it was some semi-retired legend! Adriano should be a great signing for first season

**** I thought it was some semi-retired legend! Adriano should be a great signing for first season

Unfortunately... No, at best a half decent bench warmer but all the same a good name to have in the squad! Unsurprisingly I have no player in double digit goals however my highest scored is a winger! Absolute beast of a player and all top clubs want him now, Trond Olsen, recommended to anyone! Next top scorer is a CB.... Dorin Goian then Michel Platini a striker on only 3 goals! Still sitting pretty in 10th but only because I draw every game with an awesome keeper! Again wanted by all the top clubs: George Forsyth bought for 2.2M pounds but worth it!

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Well this is awkward... top scorer this season was in fact Goian with 9 goals...

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

New season and I just bust the budget to make sure I push for Europe! If that happens I can imagine some great income!
Despite blowing the budget multiple times I still made a profit pre season as I had 14 friendlies with over 2 mil worth of TV revenue!