The Great San Marino Challenge & Discussion Thread

Wow! I have just started a new tactic, pretty much no customisation from default, WOW! Good run of form? How about F*** YES!

Wow! I have just started a new tactic, pretty much no customisation from default, WOW! Good run of form? How about F*** YES!

urgh I always spent so much time creating/tweaking tactics and never even tried default ones! so they're actually good???

urgh I always spent so much time creating/tweaking tactics and never even tried default ones! so they're actually good???

Yeh me too! I was surprised! Inspired by the JP tactics really! I'll screeny result and upload tactics one sec!

Here are the tic tacs:
Home
Away

And an idea of what it does:

View attachment 176678

This is with a squad predicted 17th!

Here are some players I love:

View attachment 176689View attachment 176686View attachment 176683View attachment 176682View attachment 176680

And youth coming through the ranks (all bought):

View attachment 176688View attachment 176687View attachment 176685View attachment 176684View attachment 176681View attachment 176679View attachment 176690

Still no national job! I defiantly selected players from SM but lots of the players in the national team are the generated greyed out ones? Youth teams are full just the main team is the problem! Plus the manager is losing everything!

hi there this is my first post on fm base but i've been fming for years and i've discovered all these challenges but this one caught my eye and i've just got going

Results look impressive indeed esp considering the quality of your players which seems average at best for serie A (I like Quercia and the GK though). Apart from results are you happy with team performances as well?

NT job can be tricky. In my previous save could never get it even after winning serie A so when I restarted I started as national team manager just to be sure :p dont know what's the deal with those greyed out players, never happened to me, anyway can't blame the manager for losing everywhere, believe me ;)

Just got a couple of decent regens, nothing spectacular but could become good serie B players and are already the best players in the country after the retirement of Andy Selva :'(

Results look impressive indeed esp considering the quality of your players which seems average at best for serie A (I like Quercia and the GK though). Apart from results are you happy with team performances as well?

NT job can be tricky. In my previous save could never get it even after winning serie A so when I restarted I started as national team manager just to be sure :p dont know what's the deal with those greyed out players, never happened to me, anyway can't blame the manager for losing everywhere, believe me ;)

Just got a couple of decent regens, nothing spectacula but could become good serie B players and are already the best players in the country with the retirement of Andy Selva :'(
Yeh the players are great!, I couldn't sign anyone better :/

@kandersson is it worth keeping any of san marino's players?

Personally I tend to sell/loan out/release EVERY player I can in first season to free some wage budget, sign better players and build a squad that can dominate C2 (always want to get out of serie C asap), though maybe DC Fogacci, AMR Lepri, the GK and the left back (can't remember their names) can do the job in 1st season.

Don't forget to load all players of San Marino nationality when starting the game otherwise the NT won't be available.

Good luck with the challenge!

Ok so I lost but I highly recommend watching this game, greatest game I have ever seen on football manager, their striker was unstoppable!
[video=youtube;ok7cjvb3Voo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7cjvb3Voo[/video]

Personally I tend to sell/loan out/release EVERY player I can in first season to free some wage budget, sign better players and build a squad that can dominate C2 (always want to get out of serie C asap), though maybe DC Fogacci, AMR Lepri, the GK and the left back (can't remember their names) can do the job in 1st season.

Don't forget to load all players of San Marino nationality when starting the game otherwise the NT won't be available.

Good luck with the challenge!
if u look back a few pages i advise to get that player scores every game and hes free

Just started my third season having successfully gotten out of the depths of Serie C.
I won the Play-Off Final against Portosummaga after finishing 4th.

View attachment 176744

View attachment 176745

And I have also got a good (for San Marino standards) re-gen who is a striker and already captain of the National Team. Perhaps another Andy Selva? View attachment 176742

View attachment 176743

Fingers crossed I go straight up to Serie A as I'm in about £750,000 of the red stuff..

Just started my third season having successfully gotten out of the depths of Serie C.

View attachment 176744

View attachment 176745

And I have also got a good (for San Marino standards) re-gen who is a striker and already captain of the National Team. Perhaps another Andy Selva? View attachment 176742

View attachment 176743

Fingers crossed I go straight up to Serie A as I'm in about £750,000 of the red stuff..

Have you tried all the different friendly tactics?

View attachment 176744

View attachment 176745

View attachment 176743

Well done, and I wouldn't be scared to face serie B with Leo Aro-Cesarini upfront, but my man Cesa needs to score a little more ;)

the regen looks very good for SM, even with that low finishing

£750,000 is nothing, four friendlies in new zealand and you'll be just fine :)

Right so my aim this season is to get into Europe! 8th after 21 game, any chance?

I wish I could do the friendly stuff but for some reason they only give me £20k so I decided to hold severaleagues and cups which generates a lot of gate receipts from the big games so all's not too bad.

And yes the regens finishing is worryingly low but I'm have Aro tutor him and fingers crossed it goes well.

So default tactics were just picked apart after a while so I decided to try the Tic-Tac Magick. It's holding it out for now! Lovely short passing with small scoreline's but beautiful flowing moves! 4th in Seria A after 25 games! Come on Europe!!

hey there all not posted for a bit been busy with work and now im trying to play in the office ill be in trouble if im caught pmsl owell quick update just won the semi of the c cup on pens View attachment 178364