The Great San Marino Challenge

I've just started the San Marino Triple using Pennarossa of the san marinese league (thanks to wkdsoul for linking to it) and in pre season the impossible happened. maybe that should warrent a special reward for breaking the citizenship laws :p

View attachment 201599

Hahah, I'm such a rookie at this site.
My latest post was meant to be a response to Antonio28 but I forgot to reply with a quote.

That's cool mate. No need to stress. :D
It appears you have a solid plan and the finances to back it up which is always promising. Hopefully the board will also agree and begin construction/ development. I've managed to pull off the impossible against Serie A sides with my Serie C1/A side which I will show in my next update, so not all hope is lost. You only need a couple of wins to stay up and hope the other struggling teams do worse. (Which always helps in a relegation battle.) XD

Update time. Okay, I'm halfway through the second season (2012/2013) and cruising comfortably in Serie C1/A.
League table:
View attachment 201600

Furthermore, my cup progress is going extremely well. My unexpected success in the Italian Cup is phenomenal to say the least. Beating Serie B and Serie A sides (narrowly) but still winning - and I'll take that.
View attachment 201601View attachment 201602View attachment 201603
The 4th round against Brescia was by far the most damaging to my heart. conceding in the 80th minute before equalising in the 89th and then wining in the 117th with my left-back scoring epitomises my love-hate relationship for this game.
Red cards helped me out for sure. But don't take this victory away from me, the Titani deserved those wins!
I have drawn Roma away for the next round. I'm not expecting much, but maybe I can upset the odds. Maybe. XD

I'm also in the Semi-Final's for the C Cup. Hopefully I can pull some positive results there too.

Finances. My finances haven't been doing too bad surprisingly. They have actually been stabilising this season. I lost 1.1Mill last season, in comparison to only going down 100k this season (so far). Mainly because I have kept my total wages at 20k p/w and the success I have had in both domestic and cups. However, I am still 700k in the red.
View attachment 201604

Takeover. The chairman wants to step down. Their are plans for a consortium takeover. I'm cool with that (hopefully that means more finances), but I'm fearful I will lose the job at San Marino. :S
View attachment 201606

Youth. Haven't been able to do much regards to youth but my one prospect regen is doing rather well, which is promising. (5-star potential). I do all I can to put him in the side to get some much needed experience. He's already NT capped at age 16.
View attachment 201605

There is however 1 problem. Enzo Scorza. He was by far my best player last season in C2/A. The entire season his morale has been Abysmal. Which ironically is in sync with his form/ performances. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
Heartbreaking!!
View attachment 201607
2 own goals conceded. Absolutely gutted. But on the positive side I was given 450k for making it this far. So my finances are finally balanced.

I've just started the San Marino Triple using Pennarossa of the san marinese league (thanks to wkdsoul for linking to it) and in pre season the impossible happened. maybe that should warrent a special reward for breaking the citizenship laws :p

View attachment 201599

good luck with the legendary SM triple, though that "miracle" leads me to believe the DB is a little suspect...

Antonio28 added to hall of fame, well done!

I've played a lot these nights (sleeping is for sissies) and i'm close to finish first season. Will post details at the te end, a very strange thing happened though: the moment I gained promotion (which was quite early, I think march...) I noticed I was allowed to sign non-EU players and I'm quite sure this shouldn't be happening. Or serie C1 allows some exceptions? Looks like a bug to me. I'm on 12.02 as I haven't connected to steam since the first activation. Any idea?

Last edited:
good luck with the legendary SM triple, though that "miracle" leads me to believe the DB is a little suspect...

I've played a lot these nights (sleeping is for sissies) and i'm close to finish first season. Will post details at the te end, a very strange thing happened though: the moment I gained promotion (which was quite early, I think march...) I noticed I was allowed to sign non-EU players and I'm quite sure this shouldn't be happening. Or serie C1 allows some exceptions? Looks like a bug to me. I'm on 12.02 as I haven't connected to steam since the first activation. Any idea?

i'm not sure whether it's a suspect db or not as if you look at this guys information page from earlier in the save then you can see it's weirder then it first looks, i'll have a little dig around in the editor to see if i can uncover it.

View attachment 201643

This happened to me too, I brought two South African regens, a Honduran and a Guatemalan. The two South Africans were on youth trial contracts or whatever so they didn't have any sort of contract, but the other two regens were released from other clubs and they don't have second nationality but I still managed to get them without any problem. Now if I try to sign any more regens that don't have second nationality it just says 'Not allowed to sign no EU players', very strange...

This happened to me too, I brought two South African regens, a Honduran and a Guatemalan. The two South Africans were on youth trial contracts or whatever so they didn't have any sort of contract, but the other two regens were released from other clubs and they don't have second nationality but I still managed to get them without any problem. Now if I try to sign any more regens that don't have second nationality it just says 'Not allowed to sign no EU players', very strange...

it's most likely a bug then. I thought maybe it was a new rule for italian leagues as I know serie A clubs are now allowed to sign 2 non-EU players per season and wasn't sure if new rules counted for serie C as well. So I had already finalized two "illegal" transfers for the summer (signed an immense brazilian playmaker from an obscure team) but won't sign any more of them now ;)

i've had a look through the file in the editor and whilst nothing looks wrong it doesn't show the nation rules either so i'm going to have a go at making it myself. if anyone wants to help by contributing information to help me make it as realistic as possible then either PM or VM me and it will be much appreciated.

2011-12 season was really easy for me, easy promotion. Second season was way harder, in the end of the season, I was lucky to be 5th in the table. But then, I promoted once again from play-offs.

So now I am in Serie B. After 20 games, my San Marino is 18th in the league with 21 points, 5 points clear to avoid the relegation. That's my only goal this season.

Anway, I have one nice Sanmarinese talent. Pick up, this is Michele Corallo! My assistent says about him: Good future Seria A left winger. (H)

Corallo.jpg

Champions League 2017/18

View attachment 201672View attachment 201674View attachment 201676View attachment 201678View attachment 201679

As you can see the Titani had a very memorable first ever champions league participation. They were handed a very tough group but managed to finish first, knocking out the almighty Barcelona along the way.

They then faced a motivated Celtic team, but they were no match for the Titani, a comfortable 2-0 win away from home meant that San Marino could go a little bit more relaxed into the next tie at home. A 2-2 draw then put San Marino in the quarter-finals to face a very competent Inter squad

The 2-1 win at home brought hope for the San Marino squad, but that hope was dashed as a very inspired Shaqiri led inter to a 2-0 victory at home, ending San Marino's fairytale run.

But there would be vengance...

View attachment 201683

San Marino and Inter met again at the Coppa Italia final, with the Titani manager vowing revenge to the media, and indeed it came. A 93rd minute goal by San Marino legend, captain, and only player to have been with them since the beginning, Georgi Terziev, brought joy to the San Marino supporters as they won their biggest trophy to date.

First Season: 2011/2012
View attachment 201675View attachment 201673View attachment 201677

Total domination all year long could only mean the serie C treble, feels like good old times!

View attachment 201680View attachment 201681View attachment 201682View attachment 201687

My trademark transfer frenzy... The attacking trio Gulraiz-Sodinha-Scorza was a joy to watch, just get the ball to one of them and good things will happen! Scorza in particular is the ideal poacher at this level, he might miss lots of clear chances but he does a great job creating those chances, and his 1 goal-per-game average was more than enough to win Top Scorer award. Gulraiz dominated every game from the left wing, and won Serie C Player of the Year as well as Fans POY.

The national team has been a real nightmare, worse than ever. After an encouraging 0-2 against Bosnia we had several 0-5 or 0-6, and even a disheartening friendly loss against Myanmar.

Young centre back Juri Biordi is developing well, while winger Ciro Napoli was the best prospect from the youth setup. A decent sammarinese regen popped out of the SM amateur league as well, so I signed him immediately. Unfortunately no SM players produced anywhere else in Italy so far (Juventus have two SM coaches plus another scout so I'm expecting something better in the future)

View attachment 201685View attachment 201686

First season wasn't much of a challenge, and actually my squad was good enough to compete for serie C1 title. Honestly I'm expecting more or less the same for next season, especially since I've already signed some excellent players for my C1 campaign :)

Those are some nice youngsters you got there, hopefully they can become fixtures in the national team in the near future.

I have found it incredibly hard to develop these sammarinese youngsters in the beginning. Poor facilities, poor competition along with very few good players make it extremely hard to get them to amount to something. Not to mention that most of them have very poor potential, it's pretty frustrating to get someone who looks like he might be good, only to find that he doesn't develop at all and has probably reached his potential already

First Season Update:

View attachment 201707View attachment 201710View attachment 201708View attachment 201709

A good season, picking up the C2/A and the Serie C Super Cup, beating Perugia 8-0 on aggregate, however missing out of the Serie C Cup was a bit annoying.

The Scorza - Gulraiz - Sodinha partnership in my own 4-2-3-1 worked fantastically for the first half of the season, then I decided to bleed some Sammarinese youth players, both homegrown and signed in. Moscatelli, Esposito and, in particular, Pregnolato (who I'm going to tip as a future winner of "The Alessandro Cesarini Award") were the ones who stood out.

View attachment 201711View attachment 201712View attachment 201713

(Also to mention all 3 picked up their first senior SM caps this season)

And I do believe this warrants the "Local Hero" Achievement, too:

View attachment 201714

Decided to ditch the NT just cant be bothered with the hammerings for no reason at the min, will wait till i'm in seria A at least, HAd to reshuffle my formation to 3-CB 2-DMC 3- AMR/AMD/AML 2-ST to fit all my attacking options in but its going well averaging 5-1 results per game so far.. Goals from everyone on the pitch so far, bar my middle CB who's always back. *_*

Galraiz, Conti, Esposito, Abrahim, Scorza!

and for those jsut starting out i recomed Jamil Adam as a spare free cheap striker, all the boy can do is stick his head down run, and score goals...

- Danny that pregnoloto's awesome where'd you find him?

Last edited:
Serie A - Halfway through. Well sort of.

Just a quick update. Will post a complete one when I finish the season, sometime tomorrow probably.

I signed a lot of players. 21 players in fact. I'm still under my wage budget. Mostly young promising players who could become very very good and who have a good resale value.

I've done much better than I could have asked for in the league...yet. I hope I'm not jinxing myself here.

View attachment 201744

It's mostly been good. There have still been some painful moments, such as losing 1-6 to the mighty Lecce at home. And 5-0 away at Napoli but that's not that strange. But other that that the losses have been mostly by 1 or 2 goals. The wins have all come against teams below me in the table, and 6 of them have been at home.
In fact 20 of my 24 points have been collected at home. Here's hoping I can finish the season in the top 17!

Btw, funnily enough I still have 4 players from my first year starting for me in the Serie A ! Ferrero, Cardacio, Scorza and Captain Conti. Conti has also probably been my best player so far with 4 goals and 7 assists in the 16 apperances in the league.

But anyway, a more complete analysis of the season will be sent in when I finish.

Danny that pregnoloto's awesome where'd you find him?

Must have spent 3-4 hours scouring U21 Sammarinese players when I got the U21 job (Since I was getting ****** off with the fact that I COULD NOT get the full job) and he was one of the only half decent players I spotted.

Problem is, he's decent, but whenever I check his reports, basically the assistant goes "OMG HES AWESOME HOW COULD HE GET ANY BETTER!?!?"

So I don't know whether he'***** his peak (unlikely at 16, but he is Sammarinese after all), or whether he could be the Sammarinese Villa.