The Great San Marino Challenge

Season 2011/12 - 1st Season Review

View attachment 202056

Record

League 1st - Champions
Serie C Cup - Winners 7-1 vs Pergocrema
Super C Cup - Winners 6-0 vs Perugia

Finacial Status (June 1st) (-£758.538) a few cash injection by the board helped alot.

Biggest Win - 7-0 Sambonifaceses
Biggest loss - Loss? Loss? What is this thing you speak? Titani knows no loss!!
Top Scorer - Enzo Scorza (36)
Top Assists - Daniele Conti (32)
Best Avg Rating - Enzo Scorza (7.95)

Played of the Year

Best XI (Goals/Assist)

Martinuzzi (0/0)
Ricci (4/5)
Olivieri (12/4)
Fasano (2/1)
Alagia (0/4)
Esposito (10/12)
De Ascentis (1/4)
Conti (7/32)
Galiraiz (19/18)
Abrahim (33/20)
Scorza (36/20)

A great season with a much better squad and formation to build from, the second time around, goals from all my players not just relient on Galraiz this time.

Hopefully i can offload all my returning loanee's in the off season, there due back witha total value of about £80-100k if i'm very lucky. Gonna cash Esposito in as well as Sodhinha has been much better off the bench. Got Matteo Matterazzi coming in already on a free. Need to replace both fullbacks as there old and ****. Also, picked up this kid i hope to retrain into a CB. Any tips to get the best out of him?

View attachment 202058

No decent youngsters at all came through, released the all as soon as i could, no point in wasting the wage on £5k players.

On to C1!!! Bring it!

The Great Escape

I somehow managed to pull off back to back promotions.
View attachment 202063

2 players shined for me this season. But players that I signed whilst in Serie C2/A; Marco Ingrao and Gulraiz.
View attachment 202064View attachment 202065

I've already made plenty of key signings for the next season which the aim is survival. 7 Serie A Reserves players will be joining my side next season (all on frees). :p More than likely going to hold a 4-1-3-2 formation with 1 DM and 3 Midfielders with 2 Upfront.

Managed to win the Serie C Cup due to the away goals rule.
View attachment 202066

I however lost the Super Cup on the away goals rule. Dangaz.

I am yet to start the NT job but I have a nice youth prospect developing extremely well. 17 y.o. and he's developing every month. I made sure he received lots of game time this season which no doubt helped.
View attachment 202067

Last edited:
Giant Killer

First there was some pre-season testing against Atalanta:

View attachment 202068

sure it was just a friendly, they fielded a weak squad and they had a red card. But a serie A side losing 5-1 to a team newly promoted from serie C2? Embarrassing.

Italian Cup qual. rounds in august were serious business though and we had a tough away match against reputable serie A side Catania:

View attachment 202069View attachment 202070

Typical Enzo Scorza performance: missed a bunch of easy chances 1-on-1, then came up with a virtuoso solo goal, gliding past three defenders from the left flank before going round the keeper to score what proved to be the winner.

But that was nothing compared to the mother of all giant killing. Welcome to Juventus Stadium where perennial serie A powerhouse Juventus host serie C1 surprise package San Marino for an Italian Cup fixture:

View attachment 202088

They were leading until minute 82, then the incredible happened as we scored twice before the final whistle to win the match and cause a major upset. Always happy to cause some damage to Juventus, the team I hate the most IRL ;)

Last edited:
Congrats Sir, I'm currently up to my eyebals in but of paper and possible free transfer comparisons (the downside of the massive database choice) as i re-build for C1..

2018 - 2019 SERIE A CHAMPIONS!!!

View attachment 202061View attachment 202062

What a season! The San Marino faithfull will remember this season for years to come, the season that the Titani finally cemented their place in history and affirm themselves as Europe's top team. Who would imagine that in 8 years the Titani would go from Serie C2 strugglers to Serie A champions

The most important part of the season was arguably the offseason as San Marino had finished 3rd the season before, not being able to take that extra step due to the fact that the squad depth wasn't good enough to handle three big competitions at once (Serie A, Italian Cup, Champions League).

The Titani bolstered their squad with a few signings that addressed those problems and allowed San Marino to remain strong and keep their main players rested and focused.

The season started off badly as the Titani took only 5 points in their first 5 games, they would have to be much better for them to have any chance at the title. Seems like the squad understood that as they went unbeaten for the next 10 games and from there it was pretty much smooth sailing all the way as San Marino took the title with 3 games still to be played.

KEY PLAYERS:

Here are some of the key players that helped San Marino achieve this legendary achievement:

View attachment 202071View attachment 202072View attachment 202073View attachment 202074View attachment 202075View attachment 202078View attachment 202079

Aleksandre Khachapuridze: Cultured midfileder who can split the defense with his pinpoint passing

Fabio Zelaya: Alek's partner in the midfield, finished 2nd in assists

Gonzalo Leguizamon: Dangerous Uruguayan striker

Jurijs Kopca: San Marino's main threat, finished with 19 goals which put him in 5th for the scoring race, however most of his damage was done in another competition..

Oldrich Kovar: Defender who played his first season with the Titani, stabilized the defense and is a contender for the world's best defender

Georgi Terziev: May not look like much but this guy has been with San Marino since the beginning, fearless captain who the Titani faithfull hold in the highest regard. His loyalty earns him the starting spot and he never lets anyone down

Lorenzo Crisetig: San Marino's holding midfielder

Karin Rojas: Wonderful chilean winger/striker

Also look who just came up through the youth ranks:

View attachment 202089

Now that the Titani have won the Italian title it is time to focus on the Sammarinese national team, with the youth facilities being improved each year I predict a lot of exciting talent will be coming up and perhaps in a few years the Sammarinese national team will also be a force to be reckoned with...

Winning the Serie A was no doubt a wonderfull achievement, however, an even bigger title was won that same year...

Well done Atleticano!!

That's tremendous. Once again congratulations on this amazing achievement.

I was wondering however, when did the board build a new stadium/buy and expand the old one ? I'm assuming you are not still in a 4500 capacity stadium :)

Well done Atleticano!!

That's tremendous. Once again congratulations on this amazing achievement.

I was wondering however, when did the board build a new stadium/buy and expand the old one ? I'm assuming you are not still in a 4500 capacity stadium :)

Thanks, birkirhrafn!

The board has been expanding the Olimpico stadium slowly in the last 3-4 years, however they have been expanding by very little each time, the stadium currently only has room for about 12000 people (they are adding 5596 new seats this season), which is very little for a champions league caliber team. The stadium was only bought in that 2018-19 season using the funds from our previous champions league quarter-final exit and the sale of players.

I have been getting plenty of money from the sale of youngsters on co-ownership to other italian teams, it has been my main source of income ever since I came into the Serie B, I find that most Serie A teams are willing to pay a large price for some promising youngsters on co-ownership. What's funny though is that most (not all though) will pay a large price, get the guy on co-ownership and in the next season simply bid $0 for their service, letting me keep the player.

Does Atleticano get the first past the post Special Mention No Life awardon the OP???? :p

well done dude!

Well my pre-season shift about is over, only really Mattarazzi is my marquee free signing and i did manage to flog off all my reserves and a couple of first squad players, Mauro Esposito and a club cash injection of £325k brought my devt up to about -£100,00 at one point allowing me to spend a mighty £47k in the summer with £35k going on Zappacosta. Picked up this kid as back up striker too...

View attachment 202114

if i can train him up on his quickness he might score a few, but with Scorza Galraiz floating about he;s my only "big fella".

Last edited:
Thanks, birkirhrafn!

The board has been expanding the Olimpico stadium slowly in the last 3-4 years, however they have been expanding by very little each time, the stadium currently only has room for about 12000 people (they are adding 5596 new seats this season), which is very little for a champions league caliber team. The stadium was only bought in that 2018-19 season using the funds from our previous champions league quarter-final exit and the sale of players.

I have been getting plenty of money from the sale of youngsters on co-ownership to other italian teams, it has been my main source of income ever since I came into the Serie B, I find that most Serie A teams are willing to pay a large price for some promising youngsters on co-ownership. What's funny though is that most (not all though) will pay a large price, get the guy on co-ownership and in the next season simply bid $0 for their service, letting me keep the player.

Yea, I've found out about the co-owenership thing. I for example sold one player before this season (My second in Serie A) for 5.5 million. He's not even that good, certainly I wouldn't pay 5.5 million and then let him stay at another club for 2 years! It's really a nice way to get some money in though, so I won't complain.

Interesting about the stadium though. You'd think that they would be willing to expand the stadium at a faster rate.
But anyways, thanks for the information.

5th season update - and a short break.

Hi there!

Unfortunately I am going to have to take a 5 or 6 day break from the challenge due to school work. I have a lot of exams and essays coming up so I won't have much time to play. I would love to play at the same pace as I have been because it's really going well but I have to put school as my priority, since I'm about to graduate next month.

Anyways, my 5th season and the second one in Serie A is going like this right now. Will probably not finish the season for another week or so.

View attachment 202122

As you can see my defence has been insanely tight. I haven't scored much but I don't care if it keeps getting me points. I'm also into the quarter finals of the cup, having done this to AC Milan in the last round.

View attachment 202123

I do know that they had 2 red cards but it's still a massive result for the mighty Titani!

Great. Sacked after THREE games in charge of the NT... the guy before me survived 5 >10-0 losses, yet a 5-0 loss to Ukraine, a 3-3 draw (of which they equalised in the 90+3min) vs Moldova and a 13-0 loss to England and I'm out?

View attachment 202124

Think I'm gonna focus on winning Serie A. Then get them to beg to have me back.

EDIT: New manager's first game? 9-0 loss. Haha, justice :p

Last edited:
That's really rough danny, just concentrate on the youth at club level and make them come grovel before you as you tear Serie A apart!

Anyways I promised an update awhile ago so here goes.

Serie B Promotion Campaign

So to be honest with you guys, this campaign started like the last one in Serie B, my team continually leaked goals but i had brought in reinforcements which I believed would Fire me into the Romantic football history of Serie A!

View attachment 202146

The star in chief among that list was Hugo! I didnt take a SS of him while he with the Titani, but I got one of him currently at Havres, the bastards stole my player and the board auto-accepted the offer for him :(. Don't worry Hugo, I'll save you from the horrors of there reserve team! The most annoying thing about Hugo's transfer in January was he was coming into some form after a slow start and now he is rotting in Havre AC reserve team and seemly happy to do so!

View attachment 202147 View attachment 202148

And now for my Favorite player, the man I like to call the General, his name is Laurent Le Gac, a free transfer from my first season in Serie B, he is now the captain of the side, it's focal point and now the holder of the League goals record for the Titani! I had him playing as an Inside forward in support of Hugo meaning he racked up an impressive amount of Assists and Goals, he proved that campaign that he will be the Standard Holder going into the future and I wasted no time in getting him a 5 year contract by the seasons end.
View attachment 202149 View attachment 202150

So the campaign started slow but we got firing at the end, I surprised myself when I realised that after winning the final game of the season we had jumped into that last coveted Playoff spot! The play off surprisly werent that difficult, well the final was a little strange after I just managed to beat Catania 4-3 in the opening fixture, before blowing them away 4-1 in the second leg.
View attachment 202151

Oh and one more thing, I got what my Assistant says is a very promising San Marinese Goalkeeper that season coming through the youth setup!! The future of the SM NT goalkeeper spot for the next 15 years (I hope so if what my Assistant tells me is correct)

His pa below for anyone interested
View attachment 202152

Also 1 more question, I have the 3 most promising youths (one of them is now 21) and they are almost never called into the NT, anyone else having this? I mean 2 of them (including my GK regen) are clearly better then the alternatives and still arent selected all the time. It's bugging me, interested to know if anyone else is having this.

Well there it is as promised, I would of done my first Serie A season to, but I do not want the post to be to long that people will either ignore it or will be irritated by it, I post that in a few hours time. Keep up the challenge guys, its gaining rapid support and we are for the most part performing splendidly (well me slower then most, but that does not bother me!)

FORZA TITANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That's really rough danny, just concentrate on the youth at club level and make them come grovel before you as you tear Serie A apart!

Anyways I promised an update awhile ago so here goes.

Serie B Promotion Campaign

So to be honest with you guys, this campaign started like the last one in Serie B, my team continually leaked goals but i had brought in reinforcements which I believed would Fire me into the Romantic football history of Serie A!

View attachment 202146

The star in chief among that list was Hugo! I didnt take a SS of him while he with the Titani, but I got one of him currently at Havres, the bastards stole my player and the board auto-accepted the offer for him :(. Don't worry Hugo, I'll save you from the horrors of there reserve team! The most annoying thing about Hugo's transfer in January was he was coming into some form after a slow start and now he is rotting in Havre AC reserve team and seemly happy to do so!

View attachment 202147 View attachment 202148

And now for my Favorite player, the man I like to call the General, his name is Laurent Le Gac, a free transfer from my first season in Serie B, he is now the captain of the side, it's focal point and now the holder of the League goals record for the Titani! I had him playing as an Inside forward in support of Hugo meaning he racked up an impressive amount of Assists and Goals, he proved that campaign that he will be the Standard Holder going into the future and I wasted no time in getting him a 5 year contract by the seasons end.
View attachment 202149 View attachment 202150

So the campaign started slow but we got firing at the end, I surprised myself when I realised that after winning the final game of the season we had jumped into that last coveted Playoff spot! The play off surprisly werent that difficult, well the final was a little strange after I just managed to beat Catania 4-3 in the opening fixture, before blowing them away 4-1 in the second leg.
View attachment 202151

Oh and one more thing, I got what my Assistant says is a very promising San Marinese Goalkeeper that season coming through the youth setup!! The future of the SM NT goalkeeper spot for the next 15 years (I hope so if what my Assistant tells me is correct)

His pa below for anyone interested
View attachment 202152

Also 1 more question, I have the 3 most promising youths (one of them is now 21) and they are almost never called into the NT, anyone else having this? I mean 2 of them (including my GK regen) are clearly better then the alternatives and still arent selected all the time. It's bugging me, interested to know if anyone else is having this.

Well there it is as promised, I would of done my first Serie A season to, but I do not want the post to be to long that people will either ignore it or will be irritated by it, I post that in a few hours time. Keep up the challenge guys, its gaining rapid support and we are for the most part performing splendidly (well me slower then most, but that does not bother me!)

FORZA TITANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good season, Le Gac looks great!
About the not-being-called-up issue, are they dual nationality? If so they may be waiting for Italy or whatever their other nationality is to see if there is a call-up for them. I have this with my future star and there's nothing you can do really but praise him and hope he gets ignored by the manager of the other NT..

Great. Sacked after THREE games in charge of the NT... the guy before me survived 5 >10-0 losses, yet a 5-0 loss to Ukraine, a 3-3 draw (of which they equalised in the 90+3min) vs Moldova and a 13-0 loss to England and I'm out?

View attachment 202124

Think I'm gonna focus on winning Serie A. Then get them to beg to have me back.

EDIT: New manager's first game? 9-0 loss. Haha, justice :p

Sacked after only three games, including a draw with Moldova!? that's very weird, I've lost 11 consecutive matches (including 0-9 with England and a disaster friendly loss against Myanmar) and my work is still highly regarded by FA! Strange things happen in your game! And btw what did that guy Fagni do to gain a 0.1 rating? personally assisted all england's goals!?

I am pleased to announce the first positive result under my reign, an away draw vs usual suspect Moldova!

View attachment 202177

Juri Biordi with a commanding performance at the heart of defence, plus a goal from corner kick! I decided to change tactics for this one as my super-defensive 5-4-1 was working decently, except we were conceding a lot of corners which usually meant lots of goals. Inspired by New Zealand's tactics at WC2010 (when they were undefeated) I opted for a defensive 4-3-3, which helped to reduce the pressure in our area. Still conceded from indirect free kick :mad:

An excellent SM prospect just came through the ranks, 15y old defender with Serie A potential! Obviously rejected the call for NT, as he feels he wants to wait his chance with Italy. I just have to be patient and wait myself, though my first instinct would be to train him as a GK, give him extra heavy schedules and fine him every week. Hate him with a passion!

Last edited:
Good season, Le Gac looks great!
About the not-being-called-up issue, are they dual nationality? If so they may be waiting for Italy or whatever their other nationality is to see if there is a call-up for them. I have this with my future star and there's nothing you can do really but praise him and hope he gets ignored by the manager of the other NT..

Nah none of them have Duel nationality, they are all just SM. The goalkeeper has picked up 2 caps but I have a striker who is by far the best out of all the San Marino Forwards, he even scored when the NT Manager came to one of my games! He is 16 but I mean he hasnt even had a callup, not to mention my 21 year old AMC who has only ever been capped once at 16 doesnt get in either, I dnt understand why none of them are getting called up on a regular basis. Another thing to note is the striker is playing regularly in Serie A and scoring, He has scored 10 in 25 appearances (Good considering he is only 16) the strikers he is calling up are scoring goals against **** opposition.

Not quite sure whats going and yeah Le Gac is great, except this season his goal scoring has really taken a hit :(

An excellent SM prospect just came through the ranks, 15y old defender with Serie A potential! Obviously rejected the call for NT, as he feels he wants to wait his chance with Italy. I just have to be patient and wait myself, though my first instinct would be to train him as a GK, give him extra heavy schedules and fine him every week. Hate him with a passion!

Strange I dont seem to be getting and duel national SM players, lucky me I guess and yeah I would injure that SOB into the ground.

Last edited:
Halfway through my first season and it couldn't be better. Haven't conceded for 6 games, and haven't lost a game since the third friendly at the start. Unfortunately, like you Brian, I'm losing around £140k per month (I'm not really an expert on FM so I'm sure there's some areas that I have overlooked).

View attachment 202238

View attachment 202239

Last edited:
Well its my wages that are the main problem but i have offloaded all i want for this season and got rid of alot of youth. The tax and the other is way to high as im paying like 80% of my earnings in tax. I have even stopped scouting areas that are not Italy or San Marino.

Wages are the problem I'm having at the moment, had to offer quite steep wages for extremely good players to keep them from accepting other clubs. I'll probably end up releasing all my youths apart from 2 or 3 that have quite a good value, what effect does this have on the long-term of the club if you get rid of most of the youths?

At the moment I'm trying to get a promotion and offload some players after their value increases, then fight for another promotion and fingers crossed that it'll start rolling in some cash.

Halfway through my first season and it couldn't be better. Haven't conceded for 6 games, and haven't lost a game since the third friendly at the start. Unfortunately, like you Brian, I'm losing around £140k per month (I'm not really an expert on FM so I'm sure there's some areas that I have overlooked).

(This is my first post on here and I'd like to add a picture of my fixtures but I don't know how its done on this forum as an attachment.)

To add a picture go to advanced mode and click the picture of a tree inside a frame (below the smiley face)

I wouldn't worry too much about losing money, its pretty much a given that you will finish the season in the red, but the board do a pretty good job of injecting money to keep it from getting out of control

Heres a tip: In the offseason create league type friendlies against much larger opposition teams, not only will it quickly give match fitness to your squad and make them familiar with your tactics faster, but it will also bring in a big amount of cash, enough to get you back at least back in the green