The Great San Marino Challenge

Hey andy, the oly one i cant follow is the minus % for time in the league? Why is money llost purely for your 1st season after promotion etc?

Other than that i cant fault the figures. Jim would be the guy for the SS i think.

it's not a case of money is lost it's a case of it's that % less then the average for the league. think of it more as 11th place gets 5% less then 10th place instead of 5% of the tv money is taken away.

and i think the -% for after promotion is like parachute payments in reverse.

Ah ok, just couldnt see it his figures seem to match better without it.

I'm in Serie B! The previous season I even reached finals of the Italian Cup, were I faced Milan, and lost. But Milan were champions so it's off to europa league for me, already passed the rounds. I was lucky in the cup though, have no idea why but the upper division clubs used their youths against me! Probably due to reputation issues, except in the finals, were Milan used their best team.

btw I think there might be some confusion about net/gross money and as a result there's a chance all the figures should go down by 50%. Not sure even SI have fully understood this as sometimes I've noticed weird wages for Serie A players (often appear too high to be net, or too low to be gross)

I will freely admit I'm totally lost with all those numbers...

EDIT: andy's figures look spot on. The difficult thing would be to calculate San Marino's figures in future years as the club makes progress with reputation, positions and (maybe) fan-base. I think the figures should rise, but quite gradually and slowly (as it happened in FM11), possibly staying around 20-25M per year even after many Serie A seasons.

Last edited:
Shall we just a agree a flat figure of £20m + 1m per postition? plus £20m if you win it.

20m for finishing 20th.
60m for 1st?

Does the Kit sponsership change thats at -£1 as well?

btw I think there might be some confusion about net/gross money and as a result there's a chance all the figures should go down by 50%. Not sure even SI have fully understood this as sometimes I've noticed weird wages for Serie A players (often appear too high to be net, or too low to be gross)

I will freely admit I'm totally lost with all those numbers...

EDIT: andy's figures look spot on. The difficult thing would be to calculate San Marino's figures in future years as the club makes progress with reputation, positions and (maybe) fan-base. I think the figures should rise, but quite gradually and slowly (as it happened in FM11), possibly staying around 20-25M per year even after many Serie A seasons.

I think andy's figures joined with Jm426's spreadsheet could be perfect as you could simply type in your position, Season's in Serie A and Rep then a value would be added up. put that in FMRTE then boom you have your tv money.

I think andy's figures joined with Jm426's spreadsheet could be perfect as you could simply type in your position, Season's in Serie A and Rep then a value would be added up. put that in FMRTE then boom you have your tv money.

I concur.

I've got an exam in a couple days, so I'll put it together around Monday.
I wont be checking between now and then, so I may need a summary post if you guys decide on any more changes just to get all the info in one place.

I've got an exam in a couple days, so I'll put it together around Monday.
I wont be checking between now and then, so I may need a summary post if you guys decide on any more changes just to get all the info in one place.

Thanks very much JM426. If any agreed changes are made over the weekend I will put them in one post

Oh, interesting thing I just found that possibly renders this whole discussion moot:

It seems that when it comes time for sponsorship renewals (ie some day in late June), the game will renew your individual TV contract so long as you had one in the first place.
So, I propose that in the first year of SA, you edit yourself a TV deal worth 13MM Euros, and then let the game determine the amount for all subsequent years based on whatever formula it uses. This eliminates all the guesswork, and (probably) the need to ever use the editor after the first time.

All money is allocated on the 29/6.

^^^ at the above ahh cool.

Do you get any money for winning the Italian cup, i just seem to get £500k at most for participating? anyone know if thats right ?

@wkdsoul - I'm not taking anything away, Bologna's money is after the -20% because this is their third season in the league, this is just a way to control the reputation payment side of things. It's only for the clubs first five seasons in the league [consecutively].. And that is important for us, as we manage San Marino. :)

@kandersson I don't know if you saw but I calculated my first season's earnings: £13,000,000 [I calculated wrong, btw, see belo]. It's impossible really for this to improve massively over the next year unless I do something insane like win the league [which I won't.. Obviously] I would imagine that I will probably only earn an extra couple of million.. Not untill you get top 10 finishes and have good rep will San Marino reach the £20,000,000 mark.

I have missed a trick here though, if you have just been promoted then you obviously won't have this information at hand.. What I suggest is that you assume 18th, 19th and 20th are assigned to the promoted 3 clubs [in descending order]. i.e:

[This is my game results btw]
San Marino: Serie B play-off winners 2014: 2014-2015 TV Money = £10,500,000
San Marino: Serie A 17th 2015: 2015-2016 £13,950,000

JM, good luck with the spreadsheet, I hope you understand my random blabbering!

Oh, interesting thing I just found that possibly renders this whole discussion moot:

It seems that when it comes time for sponsorship renewals (ie some day in late June), the game will renew your individual TV contract so long as you had one in the first place.
So, I propose that in the first year of SA, you edit yourself a TV deal worth 13MM Euros, and then let the game determine the amount for all subsequent years based on whatever formula it uses. This eliminates all the guesswork, and (probably) the need to ever use the editor after the first time.

perfect, that was exactly what I was hoping for. I think this can become the "official" policy then. I will probably PM you to learn the basics about FMRTE just because I'm the noobiest you will ever find :p

Great News although renders all my research moot :p. (know more about Italian football now)

Will do it for my next season

FMRTE just keeps crashing on me
Need more info...
What are you doing in FM when it crashes, what are you doing in FMRTE when it crashes, etc

-----
[EDIT]: LOOK HERE KANDERSSON - your inbox is full so I can't reply to your PM.

Last edited:
- The Big Upset: win or draw a match against a top 50 ranked national team within 5 years (competitive match or friendly)

****!! So close beat iceland (69th) 4-3....

Has anyone been able to get a useful feeder club? One thing I've noticed with LLM is that its nearly impossible to get a useful one. I've been trying for years to get one for loans or good youth systems and the only options my board gives me are **** clubs in non-loaded leagues.

jm, that sounds perfect. Glad we can get past this now!

Has anyone been able to get a useful feeder club? One thing I've noticed with LLM is that its nearly impossible to get a useful one. I've been trying for years to get one for loans or good youth systems and the only options my board gives me are **** clubs in non-loaded leagues.

It's because it's all down to rep.. Your rep is probably 2 stars, pretty much every loaded club with have rep of at least 2 star.. Apart from a couple of promoted C2 teams and D league teams.. Maybe wait until you reach 3 star rep before worrying about feeder clubs.

Last edited: